Patch 1.2.0a is BROKEN! Rerolled to pre-1.2

Xrande

It truly is amazing how many people hate EA. You think they'd try to fix their image or something rather than continuously piss off their customer base.

and now my friends for your viewing pleasure, I present:

EA = Nickle and Dime and Nickle and Dime

Forbe’s Paul Tassi writes, “I’ve been covering hate of EA for quite a while now, and understand why their brand is so despised among gamers. They have [a] habit of buying beloved gaming companies and either summarily executing them, or corrupting them to the point where they’re almost unrecognizable. Most recently, fans mourned the apparent loss of Bioware. The genius [developer] was behind Knights of the Old Republic and Mass Effect, but the way newer titles like The Old Republic and Mass Effect 3 have been handled since EA took over has caused fans to lose faith. EA is at the forefront of some of the most annoying practices in the industry to date, such as restrictive DRM, seemingly abusive DLC and appearing to trade creativity for cash.”

http://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/67942420.html

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unless the database becomes corrupted or damaged beyond repair. This can happen when backups are not performed or not cross-checked using hashes. But we will see just what the end will be. Could be good, BW looses all our stuff, we quit and go play another game and EA/BW out 3mil dollars - I couldn't be happier :D

Agreed, but my thinking is that, since all of our inventory items and credits were still available after the 4hr patch - and guild repair funds were also available. So surely nothing was corrupted.

I wonder if BW has a QA team? :confused: I would hope they would have a large enough team to handle the amount of testing that is required. The sad thing is I bet BW relied on community testing rather than having robust QA processes in place.

BW might say ... "we will learn from our mistakes" ..."we will do better" .... in the end when you release something without a proper release plan, risk analysis and QA you're going to end up with situations like this over and over again.

Edited by MeisterKurosaki

I wonder if BW has a QA team? :confused: I would hope they would have a large enough team to handle the amount of testing that is required. The sad thing is I bet BW relied on community testing rather than having robust QA processes in place.

BW might say ... "we will learn from our mistakes" ..."we will do better" .... in the end when you release something without a proper release plan, risk analysis and QA you're going to end up with situations like this over and over again.

Also, from what i understand, BioWare didn't allow cloning of characters into the test server. They'd probably have gotten a whole lot more participation in testing if they would have allowed that.

BW would need to do a rollback, or find some way to find the data and refund your guild the $18M. Then again, they never rolled back Valor from the Ilum debacle, so who knows?

It's quite possible that the 1.2a patch set some items to invisible to players instead of allowing greater access to them for the in game CSR folks. If that's the case, undoing that bit of code then redoing it (better this time) shouldn't affect what was in the bank or anything else that occurred in the short time the mischievous 1.2a patch saw the light of day.

But either way ... it's been an entertaining sojourn for me in a sleepless night. Back to bed where i belong.