Patch 1.2.0a is BROKEN! Rerolled to pre-1.2

Xrande

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As in we compiled the stuff for the fixes on a sub version of 1.1 someone found somewhere on the svn or cvs and then applied that to the server without double checking? Cause it seems like a blown up version of that classical patch day nightmare.

I’m not a game developer, but shouldn’t changes be tested before being pushed to live?

We do it to ourselves. Can you imagine a car company releasing a car that every model had to be recalled the day after they all arrived at the dealership, because it was suddenly using twice as much gas as advertised, and hundreds of thousands of models got sold. That company would probably be out of business, save a government bailout.

We players continue to not only give them money, but continue to play the game. We take the car in for recall, get it fixed, wasting a day, only to find out now the dashboard gauges don't work, and they can't get you into fix it for six weeks because of backlog.

I’m not a game developer, but shouldn’t changes be tested before being pushed to live?

That's a great idea. Someone please forward to Bioware.

This additional downtime has just cost me £50. Was thinking Bioware would sort thier mess out but I was massively wrong so just went and pre-purchased GW2.

Got about 2 months left on my paid sub...hopefully GW2 will be out by then.

No more cash from me you bunch of incompetents.

NO, we have a legitimate reason to be upset. BW pulls this crap without warning?! What MMO does that???!!!! Why would you even tolerate this type of crap??!! And I think we, as the TOR community, need to stand together and DEMAND from BW to refund us time lost due to their continual incompetence.

And don't defend their horrible actions either. Tell me this. What's going to happen if they tell you they made a major error, like it would be the first time - right??, and all the guild banks with all your stuff and MONEY (including the 600K) was LOST - i.e., erased due to server error or file corruption. What are you going to say then? "Oh it's ok, I'm a biodrone and if BW lost my stuff, I still have faith in them, love them and worship the ground they trod upon... they can do no wrong...."

Aren't you ppl sick and tired of all these problems already by now??? We're WAY past the, "TOR just released, it's a new game phase." It's time that BW/EA start getting their act together. Because frankly, I'm sick and tired of having more downtime than playtime.

We need to DEMAND to be refunded game time or have them give us something ingame, mount, pet, something for all of these issues. When Trion (from Rift) screwed up they compensated us with a trinket that increased our ability to get 10% more money from mob drops. Yeah, it was a small trinket but guess what, it showed that Trion cared about their community, they fessed up and said they made a big mistake, we're sorry and here's something for you. When was the last time that BW did that for us besides price gouging????

Time for us to take a stand....

I agree this sucks -- but I seriously doubt BW woke up this morning, "hey, let's roll back the patch and screw everyone." Accidents happen, and rarely is an accident cool and fun.

Chances are good (99.999%) the only thing wrong are the vehicles to the new content (ie. the interface between players and GB, zones/zoning mechanics) so they're probably busy pushing those devices back into the client.

Yeah, it's a massive screw up... but a lasting one? Probably not. Sorry Europe, your Friday night may have just become TOR-free. Gonna be a busy pub night I think =P

Not this night, tonight will be all about dungeon crawling (or is it crawling through a dungeon? :p) in Legend of Grimrock! Alternatively, there's a Civilization V or Settlers 7 session waiting to be played. ;)

If MMO players used all that rage to make people's lives better IRL(against gonvernemts,corruption, poverty etc) the world would be a better place to live and there would be no need for virtual reality worlds.... Kinda sad to watch it...

Oh no...

You mean all that money I spent on our guild bank is gone!?

You have got to be kidding me... :(

Read some of the previous pages - it's unlikely any guild items or credits are actually gone. Credits/items/character data is stored in databases - and this problem seems to be with world layout/terrain/etc. Guild repair funds, inventory items, and credits were also available after the 4hr patch, further proving that credits, etc shouldn't be affected.

Clearly this is a lesson in life people. Never invest too much time and serious effort into games. Cause they aren't for keeps.

Oh what, everything was lost? Oh well, only a lvl 37 guildless toon anyway. Whats this, guild bank? Omg speeder for 2 million credits? Nah ...

Not this night, tonight will be all about dungeon crawling (or is it crawling through a dungeon? :p) in Legend of Grimrock! Alternatively, there's a Civilization V or Settlers 7 session waiting to be played. ;)

Yeah I am off to play some tabletop tonight myself.

Well EA did win the Golden Poo award as worse company for 2012, I guess Bioware shares that award too with them, just saying.

JJ

It truly is amazing how many people hate EA. You think they'd try to fix their image or something rather than continuously piss off their customer base.

If MMO players used all that rage to make people's lives better IRL(against gonvernemts,corruption, poverty etc) the world would be a better place to live and there would be no need for virtual reality worlds.... Kinda sad to watch it...

Used all that rage? Rage never helps anyone or anything, because it adversely affects your judgment. "Passion" might be a better description. I know if I were to rage at my governor for supporting SOPA, I'd be arrested >.>

You are absolutely right. What i find absolutely mind boggling and hilarious is I just posted the same thing in another thread (in about one or two paragraphs, and completely respectful) and the response I get is "you talk too much". it's as if people are actually in love with developers or something. it makes ZERO sense.

Same for me you can't tell anyone anything, posted something in a "1.2 Is Great" thread and people started ************ telling me to quit.. there killing the game for themselves.

No subs = No game

Our guild "had" 18 million in the bank - guess all that time selling and saving credits in 1.1 was a waste

18 million!?!?

Ouch. That actually hurt me, for crying out loud. Our guild only had about 8.5 million, but it hurts all th same.

I agree this sucks -- but I seriously doubt BW woke up this morning, "hey, let's roll back the patch and screw everyone." Accidents happen, and rarely is an accident cool and fun.

Heh, honestly - If there wasn't this general gist about this game and bioware that FEELS like they still want to make an AWESOME game instead of a 'studies show that 10 yo have plenty of fun punching panda pokemon' - I'd be way more upset, too.

So - for those of you who'd rather punch a fluffy animal than baras I want to quote someone unknown: "Door --->" :p but think carefully about what you wish for!

Taking bets for when the servers are back up. i'm gona be optimistic and say an hour.

Doubt that, I bet they put the broken patch and can't do a rollback so people who bought guild banks and stuff get their stuff back. It will probably be offline for at least 24 hours, until they come with some crappy compensation for the lost stuff.

Failure like this has never happened in any MMO, just shows how incompetent they are. Guess it's the beginning of the end for SWTOR, maybe next time they screw up the database and delete all chars so we can move to other games.

Edited by oldshatterhand

I wish they would get rid of 1.2 with the exception of the performance enhancements to how the game plays. The rest is crap!

Legacy - another HUGE credit sink. So once again the non-crafters have tons of creds to spend and the people who craft have to choose between crafting and legacy. Legacy is useless before you complete book 2, what a bunch of crap.

Class changes - blows chunks, what balance? A few of my characters are no longer playable unless I group and then they're carrying me.

No one is ever satisfied.

Also, there are legacy gear sets that can be used as low as level 10 (level 9 being the lowest level possible to get mods and these legacy armor i am talking can be fully modified, which means, the ones that craft the mods can technically keep it updated with relative ease.

The only exception are the armoring due to Artifice being incapable of crafting them for some odd reason and Cybertech since they can't craft barrels.

I do agree with the non-moddable gear, those are useless.