Love the Bag System. Let's Take it to the Next Level, BW:

McVade

The best thing BW could have done was copied the gear system of DAOC preTOA. If you wanted to be absolutely the best geared you had to do alot of farming/raiding, but it only gave a marginal stat advantage. Meanwhile most anyone could at least get competitive gear relatively easy. The first reason was simple, hard stat caps. Second reason was spellcrafting. In DAOC crafted gear was actually desired before TOA. You could customize the stats on it to fill in gaps in gear you had raided for. If you wanted to cap or nearly cap all the stats you had, it would take alot of time and money. If you wanted to cap your main stats and then make decisions on what you felt would be most useful for your particular spec and neglect some stats, you could and still compete with better geared people.

This stupid system of playing the lottery to get gear and then everyone at end game looking exactly alike because there really are "best" sets of gear are going to get old fast. I'll really feel unique when I look like every other person of my class. Is BW trying to turn people off of the game with these decisions? It's like they've been removing customization options since beta just to give us the middle finger. Like here is an awesome system to take high end mods and stick it in gear you like the look of. Oh wait, we'll just remove this option so if you want the best gear you'll look exactly like every other (insert class here). Maybe it's because if the game only has to draw the same dozen character models it will be able to handle more than 40 people fighting at once before locking up.

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bump cuz this game is swirling down the toilet dont even bother logging on my 50 anymore since their is no reward worth going for.....yay i got 20 bags oh look 3 more duplicates.....

FIX THIS *********** **** NOWWWWWWWWWWW

so why is their 3 teirs of pvp gear when the games been out a month? one would think you would make 1 set.....1 token.....and give them out....instead you have what? 8 different tokens for the same crappy pvp

In the spirit of your PvP system, I would ask for you to forward this little suggestion onto your bosses and payroll director.

Rather than be paid at a steady, hourly rate or a fixed salary, at the end of every day, you are given a nice Bioware fanny pack. When you open it, there's a 1 and 10 chance your paycheck is in there. If it's not there, there's 3 food stamps. Once you collect 30 of them, you can trade them in for the same paycheck a gas station attendant makes.

Does this sound like a payroll system that's going to keep you coming back to work?

Fantastic Thread. Couldn't agree more. 14 bags today - no gear. Thanks Bioware.

I did a weeks worth of pvp *at lvl 50* Thats 1 weekly, 7 daily bags, and maybe 3 warzone bags* Im nearly completly gear in that 1 week.

BUT your complaining with something that is ment as a lotto!

THE NORMAL way would be to reach the required valor ranka nd buy using the commedation! So your complaining about a system bent on chance. Not the way TO gear.

The normal way is based off wows ranking system, so much more grinding, less payoff... HERE THEY GIVE YOU PAYOFF at the chance of luck. Sorry your unlucky, the system isnt flawed, your want for shiny objects without understanding the system is whats flawed.

The guy on the forum who used paychecks for example is an idiot because it doesnt seem like he understand. The Bags are based on luck.....The items can be purchased withe Unassebled Gear or with tokens. To purchase with tokens you need the right level. Or you can gamble your tokens at a chance for getting the unassembled piece and beign able to use with without a valor restriction.

So in truth its be more like.... wait 2 weeks for your paycheck, or work a week ask for a gift bag that may contain your check or not... if ya want your check early then youll gamble. But if you want 100% certainty youll get your paycheck *or in this case the gear you want* youll work for it untill you can afford it.

stop crying, the bag method isnt the way your to gear up, its a method used to gear up, but isnt supposed to be the main focus.

So many pages later, what a great post. I am not even 50 and I am dreading any more of the garbage pvp that has been warzones. The few times I have been to Ilum with my guild it has been a snorefest of a mob chasing another mob. The PvE in this game is fun, the pvp is a tiny tacked on feature resembling a festering boil. Its there, but its incredibly ugly and terrible. I am hoping that the Bioware guys get there head wrapped around what fun pvp is. It needs to be rewarding for the challenges, unlike now with the retard bags.

Hypothetical here: let's say you earn a bag and you earn an item in that bag.... today I earned 16 bags (weeklys and dailies plus traded in warzone comms)...

You now take something that was designed to take a month of play or so to earn all full champion gear and now you have it all in ONE DAY...

So what do you do? you make it much more expensive to earn a bag... lets say 10 times more expensive to compensate for the rates at which you can earn them. Now it takes 2000 warzone coms and 2000 merc coms. It now takes you a month to earn all the champion parts at a rate of about 1 every 3 days days assuming you pvp every day.

What is the difference? I would rather have the excitement and a chance at getting gear out of the 5 plus boxes I open a day rather than the 2 I would open every week.

i did a weeks worth of pvp *at lvl 50* thats 1 weekly, 7 daily bags, and maybe 3 warzone bags* im nearly completly gear in that 1 week.

But your complaining with something that is ment as a lotto!

The normal way would be to reach the required valor ranka nd buy using the commedation! So your complaining about a system bent on chance. Not the way to gear.

The normal way is based off wows ranking system, so much more grinding, less payoff... Here they give you payoff at the chance of luck. Sorry your unlucky, the system isnt flawed, your want for shiny objects without understanding the system is whats flawed.

yes!!

I did a weeks worth of pvp *at lvl 50* Thats 1 weekly, 7 daily bags, and maybe 3 warzone bags* Im nearly completly gear in that 1 week.

BUT your complaining with something that is ment as a lotto!

THE NORMAL way would be to reach the required valor ranka nd buy using the commedation! So your complaining about a system bent on chance. Not the way TO gear.

The normal way is based off wows ranking system, so much more grinding, less payoff... HERE THEY GIVE YOU PAYOFF at the chance of luck. Sorry your unlucky, the system isnt flawed, your want for shiny objects without understanding the system is whats flawed.

I was pretty lucky with the bags, I'm rank 45 and need only 3 pieces, but I still think this system sucks. In wow I started pvping in vanilla because I didn't like the randomness of pve loot (and also didn't like to be a script killer pve hero). Wow pvp gave me gear for time invested, even if it took me 3 months of 15 hours playing (and winning because at the time no win meant no rank gain = no gear) to get to Grand Marshal. This system instead, if you are unlucky, gives you almost nothig for time invested because tbh centurion gear sucks and it takes forever to get.

Also make bags cost 800 warzone commendation and remove mercenary, they are useless.