Love the Bag System. Let's Take it to the Next Level, BW:

McVade

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed, worst loot system ever. Especially when your faction can't win WFs. As a more casual player, there seems to be no chance to get any gear at all. Not even Centurion stuff, considering most days I don't win any matches to get my dailies done. That on top of the bugged quest counter, getting any types of rewards seems unreachable.

It would be nice if Warzone commendations were more useful so I could at least get something to make me a little more competitive and give me something to work towards. At this rate, I don't feel like I'll be sticking around much longer.

In the spirit of your PvP system, I would ask for you to forward this little suggestion onto your bosses and payroll director.

Rather than be paid at a steady, hourly rate or a fixed salary, at the end of every day, you are given a nice Bioware fanny pack. When you open it, there's a 1 and 10 chance your paycheck is in there. If it's not there, there's 3 food stamps. Once you collect 30 of them, you can trade them in for the same paycheck a gas station attendant makes.

Does this sound like a payroll system that's going to keep you coming back to work?

Dude, don't give corporate America any ideas...

26 Battlemaster Boxes 0 Commendations. I would prefer a duplicate piece over the nothingness these boxes contain.

Best Forum post ever Btw, maybe bioware will take into consideration that there is no reward for people to play post valor rank 60 other than dailies which don't complete because their system is still bugged.

Jeez, never knew people would get so butthurt because they won't get free purples from PvPing.

We don't want free gear, we like challenges and we like progression. We just want some sort of system that rewards the time and effort we put into pvp, not a 20% random chance (and for an item that could very well be a repeat.) In many ways I think the current system is almost too accessible.

Bioware why can't you listen on this and fix the champion bags (hell even battlemaster still needs improvement)? The only people who like this system are the ones who have gotten lucky.

I have opened upwards of 200 bags (valor rank 58). I have rows and rows of relics, bracers, and boots. I have all of the centurion gear & I still need 5 pieces of champion gear gloves, pants, belt, implants.

When I am valor rank 58 (btw didn't start heavily pvping until 50) standing next to a fully championed (and I mean EVERYTHING is champion) valor rank 30 something is not right.

This system is a joke and I am loosing the will to log in and pvp (I love this game btw). But right now the effort to reward ratio for the "non-lucky" people is a joke.

How is this mechanic allowed to persist. I just wish I knew what it was I needed to finish my set. I can't tell if its 5 more bags or 500. Pathetic system and nothing but a great way of loosing subscriptions. Give people something with measurable goals and they will stay, but make it a crap shoot and people won't waste their time.

TL,DR: The system is a joke. Valor rank 30s should not out gear valor rank 50s and rewards should not be random.

We don't want free gear, we like challenges and we like progression. We just want some sort of system that rewards the time and effort we put into pvp, not a 20% random chance (and for an item that could very well be a repeat.) In many ways I think the current system is almost too accessible.

QFE. I don't want "free" gear. I want something I earned to be mine, not a random chance at a piece of armor that will most likely be a duplicate.

Bioware why can't you listen on this and fix the champion bags (hell even battlemaster still needs improvement)? The only people who like this system are the ones who have gotten lucky.

I have opened upwards of 200 bags (valor rank 58). I have rows and rows of relics, bracers, and boots. I have all of the centurion gear & I still need 5 pieces of champion gear gloves, pants, belt, implants.

When I am valor rank 58 (btw didn't start heavily pvping until 50) standing next to a fully championed (and I mean EVERYTHING is champion) valor rank 30 something is not right.

This system is a joke and I am loosing the will to log in and pvp (I love this game btw). But right now the effort to reward ratio for the "non-lucky" people is a joke.

How is this mechanic allowed to persist. I just wish I knew what it was I needed to finish my set. I can't tell if its 5 more bags or 500. Pathetic system and nothing but a great way of loosing subscriptions. Give people something with measurable goals and they will stay, but make it a crap shoot and people won't waste their time.

TL,DR: The system is a joke. Valor rank 30s should not out gear valor rank 50s and rewards should not be random.

^

This

Jeez, never knew people would get so butthurt because they won't get free purples from PvPing.

It has nothing to do with wanting free items, you still have to earn the points to buy them. What we would like is to remove the terrible RNG system bags. This doesn't reward effect, it rewards luck and nothing else. If it takes me 100 bags to finish my set and someone else 20, who worked harder for it?

At least this is one of the things WoW did right. You grind out your honor/arena points and you buy your item. You can track and plan your characters progres, not here.

The OP is genius... excellent comparison. Honestly, whoever came up with this loot system for PvP gear at Bioware needs to be replaced. It's a very simple concept that people like to know that when they put time and effort into something, they will receive adequate compensation. As customers paying for a game, we should feel that our time was well spent, that we enjoyed it.

When players reach the point of purchasing something, they want to get what they worked for. To be robbed of that by a factor of randomness does not make your customers happy... quite the opposite.

The issue can't be told better than this.

This OP is one of the most amazing posts in gaming community history.

The frustration of bag system has no limits.

I am putting my time, triple the time of my friend.

he got all his set and I am walking around with 2 pieces.

Edited by krmkrt

I'm 1 from 15 on my BM bags. I know a lot of guys getting 50%.

I haven't played for a few days now and I don't feel like playing today. I don't see the point.

ROFL, this is the biggest trash PvP loot system yet. I am 36/3 since they have changed the Battlemaster bags to those Battlemaster Commendations (as if the drop rate was better before that but at least you didn't need 3 tokens for weapons). I see people 4 VALOR RANKS BELOW ME FULL BATTLEMASTERS while I still need 6 more items. I like the OP's suggestion for how they get paid for their time. Absolutely absurd. Whoever decided this was the right fix should be fired. Dumb decision. Even dealing with duplicates was better... at least you get SOMETHING. Moronic. Losing some faith in Gabe Ametangelo here. Ilum is a pile of trash and loot is stupid. Don't pull a Blizzard and say something like "We have changes coming soon." Give us hope and let us in on the plans. Don't follow the lead of a dying game. /rant

Edited by Selout

Look, if they made it easier there would be a rash of posts about how everyone got full champion and battlemaster gear in like a week.

you cant make everyone happy, Personally I am fine with the loot distribution form the bags, though I did find the OP to be quite funny.

Look, if they made it easier there would be a rash of posts about how everyone got full champion and battlemaster gear in like a week.

you cant make everyone happy, Personally I am fine with the loot distribution form the bags, though I did find the OP to be quite funny.

No. I say give everyone full sets of BM gear right now. Then watch how fun PvP gets. We'd be talkin about some great games.

This whole PvP system is stupid. Everything about it is boring and sucks balls. I can't wait for ME3.