Love the Bag System. Let's Take it to the Next Level, BW:

McVade

This is a neat fairy tale, but I'm not sure it makes logical sense

Take the Centurion MH, it's I believe 72(?) tokens (24 bags @ 3 per bag -- consider: 6 bags from weekly quests, 2/day from dailies, or 20 per week without purchasing any with 200/200) -- you mean to tell me they implemented a system that will take me a full week of quests to get a piece, or I can just randomly 1/10 get one? Hell, in the above scenario of saving for a lower quality centurion piece I could expect 2 higher quality pieces by sheer luck? Per your own 1/10 reference, you need 100 bags at 1/10 to have a full set. 100 bags = 300 tokens, or, roughly enough for most of the centurion set.

So, by the time you have enough for a full set of centurion, you should have roughly gotten most of your champ pieces -- not counting duplicates, which is a poor design beyond reason.

I think you've got it backwards. Centurion tokens are second prize, and there just so there is SOMETHING in the bag when the RNG loot system doesn't favor you -- which is even further demonstrated by the fact centurion gear is purple, but the same item level as blue stuff at 50.. it's also stat'ed poorly, and many pieces are very different between centurion/champion which further creates the notion you were never supposed to use centurion armor for longer then it takes you to get champion stuff. Transient gear is not a wise design, nor something you can convince people to 'want'.

The problem with this position is that because of the RNG system, some players are getting their T2 PVP set in a week and some aren't filling out the set after over a month of grinding. With a RNG, there is no expectation, no should have, its all chance...

The OP is brilliant and I hope this gets stickied.

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The OP is brilliant and I hope this gets stickied.

The OP misunderstands the system and even by his own words. "1 in 10 chance you get your paycheck" = wrong. Its 100% chance to get your paycheck (your 3 comm minimum wage) with a 10% chance for a REALLY NICE BONUS.

What the OP should be complaining about is his minimum wage.

So -2. -1 for the OP and -1 for you finding brilliance.

My only problem with this:

Overcharge Consumable = 15% expertise.. and its cheap. Does it have a long cooldown? Yeah, but its there for you. If you aren't in majority PvP gear, use consumables and stand by the Expertise Buff in game.

And the gear isn't as difficult as most people are making it out to be. Stack Champion bags and WZ/Merc Comms before you hit 50. Roll 15 bags the same day you hit 50 and notice you'll get a couple of pieces. Is it GUARANTEED? No, the only things that are is death and taxes. But if you are a dedicated PVP'er you SHOULD have most of your Champ set in 2 weeks. 3 weeks tops (given the 10% statistic - and including diminishing returns)

Define dedicated PvP'er.

The OP misunderstands the system and even by his own words. "1 in 10 chance you get your paycheck" = wrong. Its 100% chance to get your paycheck (your 3 comm minimum wage) with a 10% chance for a REALLY NICE BONUS.

What the OP should be complaining about is his minimum wage.

So -2. -1 for the OP and -1 for you finding brilliance.

This is actually really true and should be repeated / noted.

It's all about perspective. A lot of people are assuming they should be getting their Champion pieces in the bags. For all we know the intention was only 3 centurion commendations a bag and they added the champion 10% as a bonus. The solution due to all the complaining could be to just do away with the champion chances and only have the 3 commendations. Or say to make it even they up it to 4. So now you have 0 chance of getting champion and 4 commendations for centurion. Champions and battlemasters are reserved for higher ranks.

That could be the reality, we don't know.

It's all about perspective. A lot of people are assuming they should be getting their Champion pieces in the bags. For all we know the intention was only 3 centurion commendations a bag and they added the champion 10% as a bonus. The solution due to all the complaining could be to just do away with the champion chances and only have the 3 commendations. Or say to make it even they up it to 4. So now you have 0 chance of getting champion and 4 commendations for centurion. Champions and battlemasters are reserved for higher ranks.

If that were they case, then there would have been a rating requirement for the Champion gear.

It also, wouldn't be so bad if that wasn't the ONLY way to buy the champ gear until rank 60... which requires a retarded amount of time to get (outside of Ilum trading).

I could even understand it if the stuff was like WoW and had rating requirements based off of SKILL. As it is now, it's a joke of a system that was very humorously depicted by the OP.

Ppl are complaining because there is a chance factor. If everyone would have the same amount of gear after same amount of dedication there will be no problem. Whether it would be fast or slow we would find a place for ourselves in that system.

Game designers should understand <chance factor> might [amaze] some players but "alienate" others.

Not everyone enjoys GAMBLING!!!

Well you need gear to compete with people... so if you don't do your daily you feel like you are lagging behind...so in a way the daily does become a daily chore, because sometimes you don't feel like playing.

The OP was epic...love it.

Totally agree. Need i mention the difficulty in getting into a daily or weekly group for a non-geared player at lvl50? Ridiculous. It really deserves the name end game content because there is virtually no access.

Edited by RaulTheConquerer

I understand.. I did this. Buy 1 Bag sub 50. 1000/1000 comms = 5 bags. Both Weeklies = 6 bags. Both dailies = 2 bags.

1+5+6+2= 14 Bags.

Not entirely sure why I said 15, for some reason I thought I did 15.

You do the weekly. It is almost impossible for republic on my server, and the empire sits around for a good 4-5 hours trying to complete it. This isn't even the weekly.

Ppl are complaining because there is a chance factor. If everyone would have the same amount of gear after same amount of dedication there will be no problem. Whether it would be fast or slow we would find a place for ourselves in that system.

Game designers should understand <chance factor> might [amaze] some players but "alienate" others.

Not everyone enjoys GAMBLING!!!

Im not sure you understand the definition of gambling