Best MMO PvP you ever played?

Lazyllama

1. DAoC

2. SWG pre lame version

3. Warhammer Online (untill people figured out Bright Wizards where the shizzle)

4. World of Warcraft JUST because of how responsive the interface and combat is. Hate what it's become.

100. Swtor

Worst PvP ever.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really like AoC PVP. Don't know why, but the mechanics of it were great.

I'm also surprised nobody has mentioned Pirates of the Burning Sea. That was some thinking man's PVP there.

EVE was good too.

GW though. That game has always been solid.

Edited by Ghimel

1. DAoC

2. SWG pre lame version

3. Warhammer Online (untill people figured out Bright Wizards where the shizzle)

4. World of Warcraft JUST because of how responsive the interface and combat is. Hate what it's become.

100. Swtor

Worst PvP ever.

3. dudes who invented bombing have a lot to anser for.

The dudes who didn't fix it, and let every guild in the game adopt it until you to into a laggy nukefest deserve to be hung by their balls until detached from them.

Daoc

1. It wasnt multiplayer pvp it was mmorpg pvp/rvr

2. Could cap keeps as guilds and get pvp bonus and defend it and upgarde em !

3. Siege weapons.

4. Capturing relics actually meant something for the whole realm.

5. Darkness Falls!!!!

6. No stupid pvp gear grind just nice realm abilities.

7. No stupid pvp stats.

8. stat cap = pve items + crafted = templated toon = rvr gogo!

9. Roaming 8vs8 or more fights, you never know what your gonna run into but its gonna be awesome either way.

10. No real mounts, just speed classes. yeah i dont like mounts

11. Ladders .. yes i said it i miss ladders

Todays mmo = multiplayer pvp and coop pve, kinda makes me question what im paying sub for.

Was actually excited when i heard mythic was involved and that there would be specific open world pvp areas, then i came to ilum did the daily.. went to my account page and well you can figure out the rest.

For best class design/variety and huge number of skills as well as well designed arenas i'd say Guild Wars has had the best PvP of any MMO. Warhammer Online was very similar to this game in terms of mechanics but the mirror classes had a lot more differences.

EvE

oh an EvE

500 vs 500 in one system took an hour to complete most epic PvP experience of all time. 2 Massive fleets warping in sync around the system chasing each other re-positioning cynoing in the cap ships and seiging on stations. Why can no one make PVP games except CCP, they live in freaking iceland FFS.

god I miss it.

Edited by lolsaber

On so many levels, this. Thank you for typing this so I did not have to. Best gaming memories I have.

Yeah, looking back I kind of regret rolling on a PVE realm instead of Darktide. It really wasn't the same being a red when there were only 3-4 other reds on the whole server, and any of them could beat me in an even fight :p

At least I was on TD, so we had some very unique server moments.

UO:

Fantastic game all around. Great risk vs reward.

Darkfall:

First 6 monthes of the game was like a throw back to old UO. Lots of fun. Player talent was everything. Game soon turned into an aimbot festival of afk macro spamers because it turned into an asian grind fest.

Shadowbane:

Do I need to explain?

PS pre giant mech bullsnot:

Planetside was tons fo fun. I stil l remember clan galexy drops on towers ect having a blast. Sony destroyed the game with giant mechs and chased out the player base but it was a good game.

SWTOR:

The combat in this game is good. Much more dynamic then any other WOW-clone. I enjoy it. Howerver the instancing kills it. Not being able to choose my game is *** TERRIBLE! I spend an hour at the very least with my premade exiting hutball because IT SUCKS and not one single person I know wants to bother with it.

DAoC BABY!

sad too cuz i thought Mythic was helping with the PvP in SWToR, but i guess they were once again shut down by EA..

Those Mythic guys are long gone. They are the ones behind Prime Battle for Dominus now. I think its just called Dominus atm because of naming rights. Doesnt look that great to me graphics wise but the PvP would still be fun since its 3 realms.

I've played them all and Asheron's Call: Darktide was handsdown the best PvP experience I've ever had. Darktide was brutal, especially in the early years. Shout out to good old Schattenkind for being the first monarchy I ever joined on there.

Took over Xarabydun with the rest of my "Bears" and owned that place for forever fighting the Borgs and Bloods and literally keeping an eye on that place 24/7 to keep people from Lifestoning there. We'd set up watches and kill anyone repeatedly we saw stoned there. Freakin awesome. Good times.

Props to the big monarchies that kept Asheron's Call a fun place to be. Blood, Sagacious, Og, and all the other great monarchies from AC.

~Wise Like Bear

yeah man back when pvp was PVP. could you imagine how fast todays WoW carbear pvper would rage quit after probably 10 min of Darktide pvp?

dont think we will ever see a server like that again, todays players are to soft.