Players BANNED for going to Ilum? Suggestions to Customer Service

Blackk

and in the festive spirit... trololololol la-la-la.. laaaaaa

srslyrly?!?!11elevelonohoneoneone... like someone else said... WHAT RILY HAPPENED. find a way to bug a mob 40 levels above you and wittle it down for a maxxxxxp. Go away, screen shot or it didnt happen.

• Replies 895
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I cannot log into the game servers, so whether it's a temp ban or a perma ban from the game servers I do not know.

However, I can keep into the forums, you do not know how Bioware does their bannings or their security therefore any points you make in that department are null and mute.

This post:

Second, if you were banned, and you feel it was done improperly- this is not the place to air your dirty laundry. It will not result in a favorable outcome for you.

My point here is not resolution. I am taking the proper channels to get this corrected.

My purpose here is to inform the public community of the situation at hand in hopes to change this for the better in the future.

In addition, this will be my last post on the subject as the "this can't happen" fan-boys are taking the thread over.

Ya know...in every game...new or patched...someone exploits.

And every time people cry it's not fair for them to be punished...because nothing stopped them.

For example...Top Guilds exploiting raid mechanics.

Top Guilds exploiting LFR mechanics.

But the thing is...they knew it was wrong. They gambled that they wouldn't get caught..and lost.

If you don't want to be actioned..don't gamble.

The flaw to this is that BioWare needs to educate the users on what they feel are "selfish and unethical" actions in the SWTOR universe.

The reality of the matter is Bioware doesn't have to do anything. Read the ToS. Simple as that.

Edited by tXHereticXt

The OP was not a lie. You may choose not to believe me, that is your prerogative.

Players have posted screenshots (with their account information removed) You can choose not to believe it, but that's about as much proof that is available without having a statement from Bioware.

These bannings (or warnings) are happening. If they are warnings, they are poorly written to sound like banning.

The point of the post is to build awareness, and provide positive feedback as to how we should expect these problems to be resolved.

The OP was not a lie. You may choose not to believe me, that is your prerogative.

Players have posted screenshots (with their account information removed) You can choose not to believe it, but that's about as much proof that is available without having a statement from Bioware.

These bannings (or warnings) are happening. If they are warnings, they are poorly written to sound like banning.

The point of the post is to build awareness, and provide positive feedback as to how we should expect these problems to be resolved.

Awareness that if you exploit you may get banned? Thanks for the heads up.

I cannot log into the game servers, so whether it's a temp ban or a perma ban from the game servers I do not know.

However, I can keep into the forums, you do not know how Bioware does their bannings or their security therefore any points you make in that department are null and mute.

This post:

Second, if you were banned, and you feel it was done improperly- this is not the place to air your dirty laundry. It will not result in a favorable outcome for you.

My point here is not resolution. I am taking the proper channels to get this corrected.

My purpose here is to inform the public community of the situation at hand in hopes to change this for the better in the future.

In addition, this will be my last post on the subject as the "this can't happen" fan-boys are taking the thread over.

it probably wont be a perma they wont result to perma's yet

- Bad Bugs - Defended

- Lack of certain features - Defended

- Banning for GOING INTO A ZONE - Defended

sheeeesh seriously, just admit certain things in this game are WRONG, it won't hurt I promise.

i personaly am not defending bugs or lack of features. i simply dont think this is a true story. its passed off as true without any real proof (i stand by my statement that the email is fake or doctored).

so as to you "defending banning for going into a zone" this topic isnt defending it, its questioning if it ever happened.

For verivication this story (as ive read is) is about a ban for entering a zone below a certain level. I believe that the ban is actualy for what he/she did there, not for going in. if this is true, you were rightfully banned. If not, TO ARMS!

Is it just me or are we slowly drifting from the topic of the original post.

Edited by FloatingOrb

Can someone explain to me why people believe Bioware is just outright banning people who are under X level who visit Ilum? Is it not more logical that those who are being banned would not tell the entire truth?

If you read the e-mail and it is true they explained why, we just disagree with it being an exploit.

I read the email that was posted. It looks like the person or persons got banned for sneaking into a high level area with or without help and found a treasure chest that wasn't guarded and decided to setup camp.

He would log into the game and loot the high level gear and log out. Then repeat until his inventory was full. Quick travel back to bind point and sell said stuff making load of credits on high level gear that he should not have been able to obtain.

Bioware should level lock these chest so they are only lootable by an appropriate leveled character.

This can be considered an exploit and most likely is for this person to be banned. Using exploits are against the TOS.

Now you know so don't do it. :p

How the hell is that an exploit? You trying to tell me if there was a rare monster in the game and I knew the spawn point and logged in every time to kill it I'm exploiting? You make no sense sir.

Professions in this game is all screwed up. You can max out your profession at low levels by paying for it through companions or having a high level take you through all of it. THIS IS NOT EXPLOIT. Like someone stated, level lock the zone or containers and better yet professions should be advanced by certain level.

Ban me for wanting to level my profession as a low level or wanting more professions and duel boxing. This is ludicrous. Bioware screwed up and now they're taking it out on the player. How many more days left for the free month? Watch how fast that million account goes down.

Originally Posted by SnaggleFox

It's EA. People are getting banned on BF3 because OTHER people post swear words on someone's thread or profile.

Do you think before you type?

You might want to watch what you say around here ;):

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/11/14/ea-forum-bans-are-still-affecting-games/

As far as so-called "exploit" goes, it's outright ridiculous. If they didn't want low level characters benefiting from high level professions, they should have tied profession level to character level. If they didn't want low level characters in high level PvP zones, they should have locked them out. It's like being banned for fishing in Northrend on a low level character and selling high level fish in that other game. What in the world are they thinking?

Edited by chizhik

Players are being banned from the game for going to Ilum. Apparently: The planet states that you are required to be level 40+ before traveling there according to the customer service mail. And as such, he is getting banned!

Constructively speaking, I find it hard to believe that customer service would BAN players over this.

1) If a zone is supposed to be restricted to a certain level, why not LEVEL LOCK it? Prevent people going to the planet instead of banning them without warning! Is there a disclaimer that going to Ilum too early will get you banned? NO! It's not in the EULA either.

2) If you level up your slicing and that's the best/only place to get slicing XP, what should you do? Stop slicing until your level catches up?

3) INFORM your customer base! Let them know that traveling to this planet is considered a bannable offense! The game is almost A WEEK OLD and players are already being banned without warning!

4) Stop closing the forums posts about it. LEARN from the mistakes, get the players feedback, and grow from it. SILENCING community pain points will not solve the problem, it will only aggravate the community (and ultimately, make the topic spill into private forums)

Ultimately, please stop punishing players for playing the game. Own the mistakes of CHOOSING not to level lock the zone, and CHOOSING not to inform your players that these activities will result in banning, and CHANGE IT. TELL your paying customers that THIS WILL GET YOU BANNED!

Sorry, but im gonna have to go with citation needed on this one. I find your story simply unbelievable as stated.

Guys, just Google it. There are guides all over the Internet with details on how to do this exploit, which means that people were knowingly engaging in this exploit in droves.

Legit bans. Move along, nothing more to see here.

And I could point out other guides, from other games, that would tell you the best places, best routes, and even the best times to go farm somewhere. I can promise you that people weren't banned for following those guides.

You know what a smart company did? They added more mobs or nerfed the rate of drops. They didn't go and ban people. I guess Bioware/EA are different. /shrug.

A lower level toon going into a higher level area is not an "exploit". Exploring and farming are an integral part of MMO's. If they are going to ban for it....Well, I really don't know what to say.

Personally if this is actually true (Which it may be, EA are retarded) OP should demand a refund. When they refuse, just go to your credit card company and tell them to do a chargeback.

And if one person bring up the entire ToS I swear.... ToS can't break existing laws. Suggesting a company can break a contract (Or change it) for no valid reason without the other members approval is law breaking.

Heck anyone who ordered online under the last 14 days has a entitlement to a full refund at any point for any reason. (At least over here in the UK, cooling off period and all)