Players BANNED for going to Ilum? Suggestions to Customer Service

Blackk

Where's the part of the story where exploitation was being done?

LMAO nicely done mate.

Some are exploiting the weekly/daily missions using low level alts on Ilum.

Funny Ilum exploiter video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTd1mfTpNTk

The bans may be connected to that. Regardless I'm always suspicious when people say 'without warning'...usually there is a warning but a GM is hardly likely to post here that the player WAS warned is he/she?

• Replies 895
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There are 3 sides to every story, your side, their side and the truth. The truth is usually somewhere between the other two. I am sure there is more to this story than is being told, because I cannot see Bioware banning people just for going to a higher level planet. So without Bioware's side of the story - ie the bann notice - we cannot determine where the truth lies.

LMAO nicely done mate.

Some are exploiting the weekly/daily missions using low level alts on Ilum.

Funny Ilum exploiter video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTd1mfTpNTk

The bans may be connected to that. Regardless I'm always suspicious when people say 'without warning'...usually there is a warning but a GM is hardly likely to post here that the player WAS warned is he/she?

Man, his performance is really nice. That must be quite the high-end rig.

If you do not believe me that it is happenning, please do a google search for "banned for going to ilum"

This will provide you with a link on the top.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic - Banned for going to Illum?

http://www.swtor.com › ... › English › Customer Service

6 posts - 6 authors - Last post: 1 hour ago

If you click on the link, you will get the result:

you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

XXXXX, Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?

If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

[EDIT] That is because the topic was closed, locked, and hidden.

Edited by Blackk

I worked as a GM with EA and there were times where someone did something but we were unsure if it was an exploit. We banned him to keep people from doing what he did even though it wasn't illegal. They own the game, they have the right to terminate you without cause.

Another instance was a guy who didn't know how to spell Japanese. So he asked someone if he was ***. The guy answered with yes and it seemed like a harmless conversation. Someone reported him for saying *** and I was forced to suspend his account for further review even though it clearly showed he didn't know how to spell it. I asked him "why did you say ***?" He replied with "I was trying to say Japaneese". By him not spelling it correctly, I knew he wasn't in the wrong. His account was suspended.

I still don't see whats wrong with going to Ilum at lower level then posted.

Wheres the resistriction? Wheres the big warning sign? My space ship lets me go there...so why not? It does say "recommended level". Key word, recommended.

I'm not exploting any gathering nodes. I'm leveling my profession. I should have a right to be there because I am in a zone to level my crafting/gathering. Theres risks there, just like any other areas.

Also, no proof.

Edited by Teldara

If this is true, then whoever made the decision to ban people over it needs to be fired immediately, and in a very public manner.

It's like being a special forces operative behind enemy lines -- if you are caught, you are disavowed by your own government. Unless you are banning people who are hacking and/or gold selling, then pick a scapegoat and point the finger, Bioware.

Did you just compare someone being banned in MMO and special operations people who do really dangerous job IRL?

Lets just say that banning summarily is bad. No need to draw all sort of real people with real danger into this.

Did you just compare someone being banned in MMO and special operations people who do really dangerous job IRL?

Lets just say that banning summarily is bad. No need to draw all sort of real people with real danger into this.

I was comparing the CS person doing the banning to the special forces person -- IE, his actions damaged the company in a public way, and even if they were the result of policy, the healthiest thing to do is label him as the one responsible and then fire him.

But, again, I think we don't have the full story here.

I happened to notice the cached description in the google search for "banned for going to ilum":

"Anyone else get an e-mail stating they're getting banned for going to Illum and leveling slicing? Apparently somewhere I missed the level lock- oh wait no, that ..."

... and the /sarcasm in the second sentence...?

case closed.

Edited by Bob-ombaFett

For those with doubts:

Please read that.

Okay...that sounds like what Bioware would say...

Jeez Bioware...huge fan, but not anymore after all this crap going on.

First you don't fix our FPS issue, bugs, etc, patches are just stupid so far with nothing fixed and now this?

Game isn't OPEN WORLD, and NOW BIOWARE HAS JUST PROVED IT.

How do you know this before you throw assumption. Maybe they are doing it and maybe they are not. Not right for you to call someone a liar. If they are deleting posts regarding this issue, apparently it holds water.

It's common policy on any forum to delete posts/threads discussing player suspension/banning. You can't talk about customer service actions against someone's account on the forums, period.

LOL, just LOL.

Remember back in Wrath when twinks could level their tradeskills right to 450? They just had to be willing to go to Northend to do it. No one ever got banned for that, yet Bioware/EA feels that they need to ban people for this? So I guess people leveling tradeskills over their level is a bannable offense, even though they are will to risk getting ganked and dying? Meh.