Players BANNED for going to Ilum? Suggestions to Customer Service

Blackk

I was out there farming materials and getting slicing boxes to share with my guild as leveling 16 toons professions (2 toons a piece) is quite daunting. I found out about the no mob zone in Ilum via general chat in The Republic Fleet, thought I'd give it a try. There are no mobs, and there was constantly a level 50 Assassin out there hunting me down, which although caused issues, was not all that annoying.

Not to mention that they have speeders out to that zone straight from the drop point onto the planet.

I would post a SS of that, but being a member of the IT security community, I would logically blank out any identification information thus causing you to turn around and discredit the image any, or blame a photoshop so I'm not going to bother wasting my time.

This is in no way a whine post, but merely an attempt to bring to the attention of the community and show Bioware that their actions are wrong in the majority of the players eyes.

Actually, your experience shows that there is more to this story. You went there and farmed, and were not banned.

• Replies 895
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont actually beieve this happened. You would have to be a complete retard or have a personal vendetta against a player to ban them for being adventurous . There is no indication that this is a violation so should be relatively easy to appeal if this is what really happened. Edited by Xerkics

What exploit is there?

There's no warning signs. There's no required level. It's RECOMMENDED level of 50. There's no restrictions. The zones are just the same as any, even if its PVP. You're in risk of the other faction.

I'm a total exploit nitpicker, and I don't see going to higher level content <that you can apparently go to freely without a level cap lock out> and slicing the chests/harvesting the nodes, <because the game apparently allows unlocked trade skill levels> as an exploit at all.

Getting banned for it <because apparently they rather lose customers than fix something>, is something I will stand behind and quit over.

Some are exploiting the weekly/daily missions using low level alts on Ilum.

Funny Ilum exploiter video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTd1mfTpNTk

That's awesome! Gotta love how the PVPers are complaining there isn't any PVP on Ilum when they are all teaming up to exploit the game to farm PVP gear, lmao. These are probably the same self-proclaimed "hardcore" PVPers that spend all their time trying to gank lowbies and jump people 5 on 1.

Getting banned for it <because apparently they rather lose customers than fix something>, is something I will stand behind and quit over.

As someone pointed out 2 pages ago, it is possible to go there at a low level to farm and not get banned. (The poster had done it.)

It's EA. People are getting banned on BF3 because OTHER people post swear words on someone's thread or profile.

I completely believe this.

I don't believe EA has any jurisdiction over how BioWare polices the game.

So, what does EA have to do with anything how Bioware polices the game? They do publish the game...may have a role in a few decisions, but doubt they are willing to have some man power policing a game BW can do on their own.

Edited by Teldara

If I posted a screenshot of the e-mail on Reddit, how many of you would really believe, header information there and everything, with personal information blanked out? The majority of the people saying they don't believe it will call a photoshop on it anyway.

I can tell you there was no intent to exploit, merely trying to help my guildies who had no money and leveling their professions. I helped them out, I've been gaming with them for over 6 years now.

Does anyone not read the damn thread before they post.

They aren't banning for no reason. People are exploiting Ilum by making an alt and turning the capture points for easy valor/gear/whatever you get rewarded with. Stuff like that is and always been bannable in every game. It was bannable in WoW as Honor trading/Win trading in BGS and points trading in arenas.

For the reasons i stated before im just calling this a fake. The poster, or whoevor told this story to the poster, was using an exploit or was doing something so similar it looked like an exploit. The fact that it was on Ilum was probably coincidence.

The email looks fake or doctored, the story doesnt make sense to me because he makes it sound like several people are banned like this, therefore it is not one rabid gm. And frankly, GMs know better than causing this much trouble on such a wide scale.

Remember this mmo is brand new, and while people's view on the state of the game differ the truth of the matter is that all the kinks are not worked out yet.

Im sure that any mistake going on is caused by some sort of bug/exploit fixing frenzy and if you give it a week or two it will all colm down.

I did research the Ilum exploits since my last post and it looks like a doozy of a situation and thier is probably a gm frenzy over squashing it. If you were cought in such a frenzy wait 3 days, and if you want to play the game apeal, they wills ort you out.

I dont actually beieve this happened. You would have to be a complete retard or have a personal vendetta against a player to ban them for being adventurous . There is no indication that this is a violation so should be relatively easy to appeal if this is what really happened.

Well based on the e-mail and how it is worded it does seem like it could be seen as an exploit.

I don't see it as one myself simply because there does not appear to be a clear indication you are not intended to be able to go there and farm mats.

It is the same as the early days of WotLK and I forget the PvP zone.

If I posted a screenshot of the e-mail on Reddit, how many of you would really believe, header information there and everything, with personal information blanked out? The majority of the people saying they don't believe it will call a photoshop on it anyway.

I can tell you there was no intent to exploit, merely trying to help my guildies who had no money and leveling their professions. I helped them out, I've been gaming with them for over 6 years now.

I would find it hard to believe that helping guildee's is a bannable offense in an MMO. Massive Multiplayer Online.

But most importantly, EDUCATE the player base first! Make it a daily post on the login forum. Content blast it through in-game chat. Make it an MOTD. All of those things are cheap (and reasonable) fixes to educating customers NOT to goto Ilum below your level.

The issue is not people going to Illum below level. At least one person has said in this thread that they went there farming and were not banned. (Perhaps others have said the same. I saw one poster talking about it.)

What caused the ban is unknown. But it is not a simple matter of going to a planet your character is too low level for.

First, if you were banned, how are you posting?

Second, if you were banned, and you feel it was done improperly- this is not the place to air your dirty laundry. It will not result in a favorable outcome for you.