Players BANNED for going to Ilum? Suggestions to Customer Service

Blackk

They are banning people because they go to a certain zone? I've never in my life heard of anything like this. If this is true, bioware will lose a lot of credibility.

I agree...

In other games we purposly do naked races once a week giving the winner like 100k or 1M currency..... everyone does this for fun and to also get a jump level on alts becasue you usually get about 5-10 levels for map exploration.

I think SWTOR is tryig to handle chinese farmers

• Replies 895
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait what!?!?

That cant be true.... thats rediculous.

How i am reading this, that would mean i cant have lvl 40 gear on my lvl 20?

I just found some lvl 39 gear on my lvl 39 BH that was for a Sith Jugg, so i send it to my lvl 20 Sith Jugg... i havent yet found the time to put it on my ship.. and since i have enough bagspace, i didnt plan on putting it there anytime soon....

Does this mean i can get BANNED for having this gear with me???

Or what if i want to spread out my cashflow and sent 200k to a lvl 1 bank character... can i get banked then also!?!?

O_o

Sounds strange to say the least.

mule ?

I mule all the time and I havent been banned.... I also bought all of my 40 pvp gear for all specs at level 20... what else was i supposed to use commendation on?

Whoever said this is lieing becasue my entire guild mules.... we are all legits who have played together since daoc... so the banned must have been speaking chinese while farming to get banned

I see what this is about, found a copy of the ban message sent to a player whose account was banned for this.

Congrats to Bioware for working to stay on top of their economy. I am glad they are paying attention to this stuff. What would be horrible is if the economy were not watched and it were allowed to turn into ****, like I've seen happen in at least one MMO.

They might consider level-limiting trade skills (and containers they intended to be level-specific?) though, as a way to prevent trouble in the future. WoW did it for good reason, apparently ...

The kind of player who plays an MMO as a Game To Collect The Currency..... IMO they're the hemorrhoids of MMOs.. what can I say.

Edited by Tarrent

So they are banning people for exploits that they should have fixed themselves? :S

I get the implications of what the person was doing and I get that Bioware has their hands full with launch but I dunno. I see both points of the argument.

That's what an exploit is. You exploit something that shouldn't be in the game in the first place. You take a bug and profit from it, that's exploiting, you will get banned if you do that. You should be smart enough to realize this.

Recent example is the last patch in WoW, where many of the top raiding guilds exploited a bug and payed the price, losing their world firsts to a Korean guild.

Has there been any 'official' response to whether or not going to planets above your level, having bank alts, etc is bannable?

I would post a topic asking just that but for some reason I can't even start threads on this forum.

The player was not banned for just going to the planet. It has been shown that the folks at Darth Harter were using a low level alt to cap bases so they could then cap them back. Thus getting rewards that they did not deserve. Exploiters always get caught and they always try and play dumb and innocent when they do.

Serves them right. Keep up the good work Bioware!

Load of rubbish they cant ban people through playing the game by the rules also ive heard nothing before you posted this to confirm otherwise. Gold sellinh or exploiting fair enough. But if this was to be true Bioware would lose lots of credibility and also find a few companies interested in taking this further down the law front as this would be breaking the customer/business relations and contract. Edited by Shadow-Republic

Has there been any 'official' response to whether or not going to planets above your level, having bank alts, etc is bannable?

I would post a topic asking just that but for some reason I can't even start threads on this forum.

[–]StephenReid 247 points 12 hours ago

We're looking into reports of bans for reasons given.

I can state unequivocally that no-one has been banned for 'going to Ilum before level 50'. More details on that should be outlined tomorrow on the official Forums.

On redit. So we'll see I suppose theoretically today

Load of rubbish they cant ban people through playing the game by the rules also ive heard nothing before you posted this to confirm otherwise. Gold sellinh or exploiting fair enough. But if this was to be true Bioware would lose lots of credibility and also find a few companies interested in taking this further down the law front as this would be breaking the customer/business relations and contract.

Read the email linked. The allegation is that the character participated in an exploit; that probably is justifiably bannable (especially if the exploit is obviously so). The mere act of popping over isn't. Also it was a temporary ban, apparently.

Specifically, this character participated in looting high level Loot Containers on Illum while being well below the recommended level for the planet. By utilizing these Loot Containers, the account was able to acquire, distribute, or obtain currency, gear and equipment not meant to be acquired by low level characters (below level 40).Illum is intended for Level 50 characters and this is clearly communicated in game. By ignoring these warnings, the account showed intent to exploit the game.

That said, I am surprised they even made this possible in the first place.

Edited by Grammarye

Terms of Service tells nothing about those kinds of "exploits". Moreover, travelling to Illum isnt exploit. EA/BioWare is doing really unethical things to Origin users and SW:TOR players. Big thanks to OP, I wanted to travel to Illum today with my 38.

Load of rubbish they cant ban people through playing the game by the rules also ive heard nothing before you posted this to confirm otherwise. Gold sellinh or exploiting fair enough. But if this was to be true Bioware would lose lots of credibility and also find a few companies interested in taking this further down the law front as this would be breaking the customer/business relations and contract.

What contract? The only contract is the ToS and it states either party (you or Bioware) can end the relationship at any time for any (or no) reason. You have a right to cancel for whatever reason you wish. They have a right to terminate your account for whatever reason they want too.

I'm assuming it was somehow related to this: http://swtormovies.com/movieview.php?id=663

Apparently the moderators, admins, and editors over at Darth Hater were bringing their lower level (13 or so) alts into Ilum, then allowing the 13s to cap the points, just so the Darth Hater guys could recap and get points.

Apparently this exploit has spread to more than their crew, and I think this is Bioware's way of combating that.

I'm assuming it was somehow related to this: http://swtormovies.com/movieview.php?id=663

Apparently the moderators, admins, and editors over at Darth Hater were bringing their lower level (13 or so) alts into Ilum, then allowing the 13s to cap the points, just so the Darth Hater guys could recap and get points.

Apparently this exploit has spread to more than their crew, and I think this is Bioware's way of combating that.

It doesnt have to be complicated. They dont want lowbies on ilum looting containers (not slicing) and getting gear they normally would have no access to. Until its fixed they are warning or banning people depending prob on if you were warned already.

Seeing this going on and on without any response from the devs. Kinda confirms this might actually be true. Personally, I think it's stupid . It's just like with other games that punish the players over the developers mistakes because they don't want to take responsibility for there own actions. :mad: Edited by Innocentone

Players are being banned from the game for going to Ilum.

Apologies for the delay in replying to this, but we needed to gather a few more details.

I just made a post which goes into a bit more detail, and I'd like to ask any future discussion goes there, rather than here. That said, I'd just like to refute the initial statement given here: players are not being banned for going to Ilum. If you wish to travel there, you can.

More details in my other post. We're closing this thread now to consolidate discussion there.