Players BANNED for going to Ilum? Suggestions to Customer Service

Blackk

Personally if this is actually true (Which it may be, EA are retarded) OP should demand a refund. When they refuse, just go to your credit card company and tell them to do a chargeback.

And if one person bring up the entire ToS I swear.... ToS can't break existing laws. Suggesting a company can break a contract (Or change it) for no valid reason without the other members approval is law breaking.

Heck anyone who ordered online under the last 14 days has a entitlement to a full refund at any point for any reason. (At least over here in the UK, cooling off period and all)

When you accept the TOS you agree to the TOS, no matter what they have. Like usual, mmo companies OWN your account, therefore can ban at any time for any reason. You accepted that when you said yes.

• Replies 895
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How do you know this before you throw assumption. Maybe they are doing it and maybe they are not. Not right for you to call someone a liar. If they are deleting posts regarding this issue, apparently it holds water.

there is a difference between asking the person making the ridiculous claim to prove it and calling them a liar.

This claim is simply unbelievable. If he can prove it, then i'll be ashamed of bioware and i won't be giving them any more money. if he cannot, i will dismiss the claim.

This is how knowledge works.

And I could point out other guides, from other games, that would tell you the best places, best routes, and even the best times to go farm somewhere. I can promise you that people weren't banned for following those guides.

You know what a smart company did? They added more mobs or nerfed the rate of drops. They didn't go and ban people. I guess Bioware/EA are different. /shrug.

A lower level toon going into a higher level area is not an "exploit". Exploring and farming are an integral part of MMO's. If they are going to ban for it....Well, I really don't know what to say.

Seriously? Are you telling me this isn't an exploit?

Edited by SpringDrive

Seriously? Here, this post is linked in a number of places, it practically says that this is an exploit:

"Slicing - Illum 40k credits in 10-20mins

Once you get to at least 340 in slicing head to the planet called Illum (lvl50 planet). Can go as soon as you have ship access, when there take the speeder path to the warzone area of the planet.

The warzone has no spawned mobs but there are resource spawns everywhere around the map, run or ride from north to south around the battlefield and collect them.

In 15 minutes I collected 28 lock boxes which had between 1-5k credits each and 2 epic mission schematics.

Enjoy while it lasts!!"

Are you telling me this isn't an exploit?

its not lol

they even said that the highend stuff crafting stuff will be on ilum.

And I could point out other guides, from other games, that would tell you the best places, best routes, and even the best times to go farm somewhere. I can promise you that people weren't banned for following those guides.

You know what a smart company did? They added more mobs or nerfed the rate of drops. They didn't go and ban people. I guess Bioware/EA are different. /shrug.

A lower level toon going into a higher level area is not an "exploit". Exploring and farming are an integral part of MMO's. If they are going to ban for it....Well, I really don't know what to say.

see it is an exploit.. i you go into an unguarded area. and unlock the resource crates and just farm them and farm them

Edited by joshohelp

Seriously? Here, this post is linked in a number of places, it practically says that this is an exploit:

where the link used to be

I sense you will be getting a PM from a moderator soon.

Edited by Bob-ombaFett

Link*

I'm not sure I see the exploit here. If level 50 players can do it, what does it matter if level 15s do it, too? The money is still entering the game's economy.

If these bans were about level 15s from the opposite faction 'flipping' things like turrets, etc. so his friends on the opposing faction could benefit, that's an exploit. If it was about a low-level player farming items on a planet he's not high enough level for, banning him over it is lunacy. In the latter case, bad game design -- not malicious actions by the player -- are at issue.

Edited by AJediKnight

see it is an exploit.. i you go into an unguarded area.. and draw agro form the mobs and kill them get the high level loot.. and then rinse and repeat.. now thats an exploit

Stop talking! Seriously stop! You have no clue what an exploit is. "hey let's not get a high level and run is through an instance while grabbing every freakin mob. ITS PROBABLY CAN EXPLOIT".

Just stop!!

there is a difference between asking the person making the ridiculous claim to prove it and calling them a liar.

This claim is simply unbelievable. If he can prove it, then i'll be ashamed of bioware and i won't be giving them any more money. if he cannot, i will dismiss the claim.

This is how knowledge works.

I'm sorry I cannot convince you. The reason I CREATED this topic was because I couldn't believe it either. But it's true.

If you feel this is "unbelievable" then I will at least be happy with the fact that you feel that bans like this are idiotic.

People doing this had to know that it was unintended and taking unfair advantage of a situation, right?

Try grabbing some money at a bank or store while the employees aren't watching, then uncork "Well, they should not have left it there unguarded, it is their fault, not mine!"

I read the email that was posted. It looks like the person or persons got banned for sneaking into a high level area with or without help and found a treasure chest that wasn't guarded and decided to setup camp.

He would log into the game and loot the high level gear and log out. Then repeat until his inventory was full. Quick travel back to bind point and sell said stuff making load of credits on high level gear that he should not have been able to obtain.

Bioware should level lock these chest so they are only lootable by an appropriate leveled character.

This can be considered an exploit and most likely is for this person to be banned. Using exploits are against the TOS.

Now you know so don't do it. :p

This is what credit farmers in SWG on kyyshyyyk.They would farm certain mobs that drop high level weapons and sell them for big bucks to rinse an repeat.It was bad until they just changed the loot that was dropping from those mobs to pure junk.

people doing this had to know that it was unintended and taking unfair advantage of a situation, right?

Try grabbing some money at a bank or store while the employees aren't watching, then uncork "well, they should not have left it there unguarded, it is their fault, not mine!"

this.

Originally Posted by SpringDrive

"Slicing - Illum 40k credits in 10-20mins

Once you get to at least 340 in slicing head to the planet called Illum (lvl50 planet). Can go as soon as you have ship access, when there take the speeder path to the warzone area of the planet.

The warzone has no spawned mobs but there are resource spawns everywhere around the map, run or ride from north to south around the battlefield and collect them.

In 15 minutes I collected 28 lock boxes which had between 1-5k credits each and 2 epic mission schematics.

Enjoy while it lasts!!"

It's not an exploit. That's smart money/credit making. The guide is telling you exactly what is in the zone, and what to expect. This is no different from any other MMO's guides and gold making.

People doing this had to know that it was unintended and taking unfair advantage of a situation, right?

Try grabbing some money at a bank or store while the employees aren't watching, then uncork "Well, they should not have left it there unguarded, it is their fault, not mine!"

It's totally the same thing!

/kicklogicinthenuts

I'm sorry I cannot convince you. The reason I CREATED this topic was because I couldn't believe it either. But it's true.

If you feel this is "unbelievable" then I will at least be happy with the fact that you feel that bans like this are idiotic.

well where did you hear this? can the person who told you provide evidence? like a copy of the ban saying he was banned for going to illum?

Stop talking! Seriously stop! You have no clue what an exploit is. "hey let's not get a high level and run is through an instance while grabbing every freakin mob. ITS PROBABLY CAN EXPLOIT".

Just stop!!

I'm sorry, let me rephrase that. Mage runs around and grabs a crap load of mobs and AOE's them down. That's an exploit right?

That's a fail analogy. This is more the equivalent of someone utilizing a loophole in the law to buy beer underaged, and then the state turning around and prosecuting that person because they were smart enough to get around lawmakers' actual intent.

If Bioware doesn't like it, hotfix Illum so only level 50s can go there. Banning low levels for heading there and farming, however, is NOT kosher. Such behavior, on its own, IS NOT AN EXPLOIT.

Edited by AJediKnight

Just stop!!

I meant it as if low levels did it THEN it would be an exploit.. since low levels aren't suppose to be in that area and then they exploit the mobs so they can get high level loot THAT IS AN EXPLOIT..

seriously raging at someone just because doesn't gain you respect and you don't control me.. you dont control these forums I can talk whenever and to whoever I want