Changes and New Features in 7.0

EricMusco

Someone shot themselves in the foot is what happened. They seem to be trying to kill the game. At first, I thought is was just heroics until I went and researched all the conquest and they cut them all so it is across the board so they don't seem to care about any of the players.

This has to be one of the saddest moments in the games history. I've personally been as supportive as possible. (even with KotFE / ET ) ... through the content droughts that followed for years afterwards.

For the longest time I honestly believed that it was just a $$$ issue. IMO ... that is no longer the case. Not even greed can explain what SEEMS to be unfolding right now.

If I'm off on the wrong track and there really is a fantastic fun part of this game to be released with the dawn of 7.0 ... then someone has a REALLY strange way of illustrating it !

The wall is growing even larger still !

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't believe the points have actually been lowered. Or at the very least, these numbers are wrong. I see 5000 for Heroic Missions/Mission Complete (on Daily planets), which matches the live servers for me. Enemies Defeated Stage 1 is at 4125.

Thing to keep in mind is that when you transfer over to the PTS, it doesn't transfer your SH unlocks, so your SH bonus may not be fully applied. I went through and unlocked some to get it up to 150% to confirm these numbers. I'm guessing you may be getting a 10% boost from your Guild on the live server or something as well to make up the extra 200 you're seeing on the Heroic Missions objective.

The doubling of the goal is effectively a nerf to all of the objectives, though, that's definitely there. Considering they're nerfing Conquest rewards, I don't understand the point of also raising the goal. Really sucks, cause Conquest was one of the things that kept me going when things were otherwise drying up, got me to play other alts and motivated me to gear them up. Won't have that desire now.

Yea I forgot about the stronghold bonus. That is something I hadn't considered since I have all the strongholds on live and didn't consider that on PTS. I only unlocked a couple of my strongholds on the PTS as I hate leaving my characters on the fleet or elsewhere.

Yea I checked it out and the points are back up to normal so at least they were not that stupid but raising the cap is another thing but I have to checked it out.

Need to apologize to everyone. I was having a bit of a bad day and forgot all about the stronghold bonuses. Sorry everyone.

Edited by casirabit

We all play for different reasons and for different amounts of time. (What does end game have to do with any of it?) That is great that you enjoy doing nothing but one weekly until it's done, but quite a few of us don't. There are many, many reasons to not finish a weekly in one week, if you take the time to read through the whole thread you find a lot of players explaining why this hurts their playstyle.

For me, some weeks I only play for a few hours total, others I might play for 20+. I like to putter around doing a variety of things on a variety of characters. During any given week, I might play 20 different characters. Do some story missions, a couple of heroics, work on filling in gaps in my armor collection, make new outfits, decorate a bit, and once in a blue moon do some pvp or a flashpoint. Weeklies get finished in dribs and drabs. For 6+ years, this was fine. Now suddenly every player who likes to do multiple activities on multiple characters, or only play a few hours a week will loose out on the weekly rewards. They might not be much, but they aren't nothing. So why take this little bit of extra incentive away from us after all this time?

It doesn't matter that most weeklies only take 1-10 hours to complete. What matters is that for years and years we were able to complete these weeklies at our leisure, and now we can't. This is a punishment for not playing in the new Bioware preferred way, and when people feel like they are being singled out and punished for no good reason, they tend to get mad and quit.

All of this. Seeing some super weird takes in this thread but the consensus at least lines up. Taking away weekly progress in a game that has regressively become alt-unfriendly, while still leaving in place the awful changes to weeklies (GSF matches going up to 10 and unranked only counting WINS) is baffling. Really, 7.0 is just looking worse and worse. I have close to 60 characters, about 30 I play with some degree of regularity. Some weeks I pvp on some, others I GSF or run 'MM' flashpoints (HM -> MM was another change I still don't understand and will remain petty about). Do I finish them in one week? Hell no! Some sit there because of the sheer number of activities available, the number of toons I have and the experiences I have in those matches/activities greatly sway my continuance, and we all know how groupfinder activities can be. Why force us to engage further? People will burnout or stop engaging. Hell, I stopped running Veteran FPs long ago because I am not sitting through 5 uninterestingly tuned flashpoints on 1 character for poor rewards.

The Vanish change is just... why? Whoever came up with that idea does not play the game to any reasonable capacity. Who was being harmed by this mechanic?

The removal of the SRM's affect me in no way and if this is only the first step toward other ways to curtail the wild inflation we have been seeing, eh.

I support the share tagging, at least in theory. Just hoping there is no backwards way you guys are thinking of implementing it, you always seem to surprise me in that regard.

I don't even care about trying out what sounds to be a scotch taped version of weapon stamping, or the new story at this point. I am not seeing any level of communication besides telling us what you're going to do and leaving us with it.

Yea I checked it out and the points are back up to normal so at least they were not that stupid but raising the cap is another thing but I have to checked it out.

So it's not quite as bad as it looks, but it's still bad.

More points needed for conquest and less ways to get them. Found that out when I did the ziost weekly on the PTS and only had about 11k (or thereabouts, I'm a pretty sad tester for accuracy). Even with the SH bonus that wouldn't get you even to the old 50k conquest goal.

No more getting conquest points for all the weeklies during one conquest week.

Which is looking very alt-unfriendly. Especially when paired with the weeklies/dailies resetting automatically.

Alts are about more than just running around with a different class/spec, but bioware seems to be funnelling people into playing just one character. In only one type of content as well.

At the very least you'll need 4 alts to have access to all the classes. A force and a tech for pubside, and a force and a tech for impside. That still doesn't account for players who have alts for other reasons then just swapping classes/roles.

So it's not quite as bad as it looks, but it's still bad.

More points needed for conquest and less ways to get them. Found that out when I did the ziost weekly on the PTS and only had about 11k (or thereabouts, I'm a pretty sad tester for accuracy). Even with the SH bonus that wouldn't get you even to the old 50k conquest goal.

No more getting conquest points for all the weeklies during one conquest week.

Which is looking very alt-unfriendly. Especially when paired with the weeklies/dailies resetting automatically.

Alts are about more than just running around with a different class/spec, but bioware seems to be funnelling people into playing just one character. In only one type of content as well.

At the very least you'll need 4 alts to have access to all the classes. A force and a tech for pubside, and a force and a tech for impside. That still doesn't account for players who have alts for other reasons then just swapping classes/roles.

yea, I have over 14 characters and there is no way I am deleting any of mine.

Yea I forgot about the stronghold bonus. That is something I hadn't considered since I have all the strongholds on live and didn't consider that on PTS. I only unlocked a couple of my strongholds on the PTS as I hate leaving my characters on the fleet or elsewhere.

Need to apologize to everyone. I was having a bit of a bad day and forgot all about the stronghold bonuses. Sorry everyone.

At least it worked to push the discussion forward, so don't feel bad about that.

Wow, you must be so good, and so proud of yourself for being so incredibly good. Why would anybody not as good as you ever play this game.

Maybe some people who play this game aren't as skilled as the people that you play with. Maybe they play with other people who aren't all that good, but they enjoy spending time with those people. So, if doing more self heals, or dropping out of combat to stealth rez someone to prevent a wipe makes the game more fun for them, then that is a good thing.

People usually play games because they are fun, and when it stops being fun, they stop playing that game. Personally I find that easy to understand, and as a result, I understand why people are upset about these changes.

Maybe in your groups certain things that you point out as being absolutely not required, are indeed required by less skilled players who just want to play the game and enjoy it. What is wrong with that?

I find this argument to be hilarious in that it’s almost as if you’re rewarding complacency. As elitist as it sounds, it’s still the hardest content to do (and as much of a joke it is right now aside from NiM Gods and Dxun), people who spend the necessary time to understand the fight and their class should be rewarded for it and not the other way where BioWare essentially spoonfeeds players just because “It’s difficult”.

I understand that people play the game for fun and for their own leisure, but at the same time, if you’re doing the hardest content available, it is expected that it will demand more from you, whether it be learning how to optimize your dps or just being more mechanically aware. This expectation applies to any MMO with end game raiding.

And to clarify, you don’t necessarily have to be the best to do the content. You just have to put in the effort. Let’s not reward laziness. Thanks.

Hi all!

I wanted to take a moment to pop in and help clarify some of the conversation we are seeing regarding 7.0 and perceived Conquest changes.

There is some conversation regarding us decreasing the values of Conquest Objectives across the board. While there are some Conquest Objectives which will see some small balance tweaks, they are confined to very specific Objective types (mostly relating to World Bosses and Star Fortresses) and are by no means wide-spread. The Conquest Points for Heroics, Daily Areas, Defeat Enemies 1 and 2, Operations, and nearly 90% of every other Conquest Objective is remaining exactly as you see it on the live server today.

To address some of the values we have seen called out specifically in this thread, here are the values which are currently on our development server and planned to release with 7.0:

• Black Hole Weekly:
    • 4,300 (10,750 at full 150% SH Bonus)

[*]Operation: Completion

• 100,000 (250,000 at full 150% SH Bonus)

[*]<Planet>: Heroic Missions

• 2,000 (5,000 at full 150% SH Bonus)

[*]<Planet>: Defeat Enemies

• 1,650 (4,125 at full 150% SH Bonus)

[*]<Planet>: Defeat Enemies 2

• 3,350 (8,375 at full 150% SH Bonus)

Note that all values above are the same values you are seeing on the Live server now.

Please remember that the values you see in the Conquest window are reflective of the existing Stronghold bonus you possess on that server. If you are used to seeing a specific Conquest value on PTS which you do not see on Live, please double check your Stronghold Bonus as that could be causing confusion you wouldn’t typically see once you hit the full bonus.

Hope that helps!

Don't feel bad, it happens. I did the exact same thing when I first logged in on this iteration of the PTS, I was panicking for a bit while cross referencing the point values until it dawned on me that I only had my Rishi SH and I double checked my SH bonus. You get so used to it just being there once you have 6 strongholds that it feels like those are the base values.

Hi all!

I wanted to take a moment to pop in and help clarify some of the conversation we are seeing regarding 7.0 and perceived Conquest changes.

There is some conversation regarding us decreasing the values of Conquest Objectives across the board. While there are some Conquest Objectives which will see some small balance tweaks, they are confined to very specific Objective types (mostly relating to World Bosses and Star Fortresses) and are by no means wide-spread. The Conquest Points for Heroics, Daily Areas, Defeat Enemies 1 and 2, Operations, and nearly 90% of every other Conquest Objective is remaining exactly as you see it on the live server today.

To address some of the values we have seen called out specifically in this thread, here are the values which are currently on our development server and planned to release with 7.0:

• Black Hole Weekly:

Note that all values above are the same values you are seeing on the Live server now.

Please remember that the values you see in the Conquest window are reflective of the existing Stronghold bonus you possess on that server. If you are used to seeing a specific Conquest value on PTS which you do not see on Live, please double check your Stronghold Bonus as that could be causing confusion you wouldn’t typically see once you hit the full bonus.

Hope that helps!

Hey David, thanks for confirming this, but there's a part of this conversation that's still left out: I double checked myself and the individual goal on the PTS has in fact been raised to 100,000, which is double what it's at on the live server. I actually went through the effort to hit it to test out some of the gear upgrades and you certainly feel the increase. Can we have some insight on why this is being done or if it's actually intended at all? Because you mention here small balance tweaks, but doubling the individual goal has the effect of essentially halving the progress each individual objective actually gives towards the goal, which is a fairly significant rebalance in addition to rewards from Conquest being nerfed. It'd be nice to have some insight on why that's being done.

Thanks.

Edited by The-Kaitou-Kid

So you are still doubling the points needed to reach conquest, but keeping the points earned the same. That is just as bad as cutting the number of points earned in half and keeping the points needed the same.

Either way, you are adding to the number of objectives that need to be completed in order to achieve enough points to complete conquest. That is still something that I don't appreciate.

While I'm glad the CQ points haven't changed, doubling the required points to 100k is still insane - especially considering that, again, we'll have to waste much more time doing heroics to complete the dailies, as we'll be stuck doing the horribly long ones...

Conquest changes are all good - I think the increase to 100k is great, because it's far too easy to get 50k currently. Are you aware some conquest objectives are active and not shown on the conquest list but do in fact trigger and award points?

At lower levels the infinitely repeatable objective Missions: Heroic x 1650 are on the list, but once you're at 75 it no longer shows but it is still active and awarding the points for each heroic.

The Alderaan/Tatooine/Rishi (All the planets): Mission Complete x 2000 objective, even if it isn't showing on the list, is still active on every planet

The sell items for junk objective is still active at 75 even though it's not on the list

The Star Fortress: Alderaan/Belsavis/Hoth/Voss/Nar Shaddaa/Tatooine (Heroic) objectives are still active and tracking in on the list even on weeks where they do not show

Hi all!

• Black Hole Weekly:

Hope that helps!

Thank you for clarifying

But what about the doubling of the weekly conquest points to 100,000?

Are you guys finally going to decouple all of the objectives from the legacy and allow us to do them all per character and not be limited?

If not, you really are nerfing conquest hard for people who’ve multiple Alts they play and for small private guilds

If the 100,000 increase isn’t also followed by an increase in other points or the decoupling of objectives, it will make myself and my wife stop doing conquest. And I dare say make us play less.

On top of that you link gearing to conquest and make it harder to achieve, which makes it harder to gear up our many Alts. We mainly still play the game for many Alts, this just means we can play as many.

I can’t speak for anyone else, but I’m pretty sure we won’t be alone in that assessment and it will likely make people quit.

You are already nerfing the rewards for conquest (which is understandable), but you don’t need to make it harder to achieve.

There are already so many things happening in this expansion that people aren’t happy with (aka, resetting dailies and weeklies, ability pruning, making combat harder for some classes).

Do you guys really need to double conquest totals as well and drive more players from the game?

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Great for people with just a couple of toons. I've 50-something on Star Forge. Doubling the requirement is not alt-friendly in any way.

Exactly this ^^

If you’ve a couple of Alts or only one, 50,000 could seem like it’s not much and easy. But if you’ve 10-50+ Alts, it’s actually challenging as you can run out of conquest points really fast because they are nearly all legacy bound.

Now if Bioware were to decouple the conquest objectives from the legacy and make them ALL character bound, then I could support the increase. But if they aren’t decoupled, the increase is a major Nerf to players with multiple Alts and also small private guilds.

IMO there is no need to feel bad at all. You did what was right (both before and after ). If there was equal concerns from the team on a NUMBER of discussions taking place (throughout this forum board) right now as to what you have demonstrated ( and you're not even on payroll) ... things might be shaping up a bit differently right now. (I doubt that will make sense to some folk)

You did the best you could Casirabit. Your efforts and desire to do the right thing are deeply appreciated. (just my $.02 for today !! )

So it looks like there will be no more renown points in 7.0, and so no conquest points when you rank up.

That's 6250 points or more for me for each rank up, and that accounts for at least 12.5% of the points needed for conquest, and depending on what I am doing, I regularly get 2 or 3 times that.

That is a direct nerf to points received, and will make it harder to get conquest even if the points needed stayed at 50k.

IMO there is no need to feel bad at all. You did what was right (both before and after ). If there was equal concerns from the team on a NUMBER of discussions taking place (throughout this forum board) right now as to what you have demonstrated ( and you're not even on payroll) ... things might be shaping up a bit differently right now. (I doubt that will make sense to some folk)

You did the best you could Casirabit. Your efforts and desire to do the right thing are deeply appreciated. (just my $.02 for today !! )

Thanks and yea I did and lol yea not on payroll. Honestly still unsure if I will continue playing. If they make it so I can't get my alts the points to progress the guild (and if they raise the guild's points) there really isn't much left for me. We been trying to unlock the gs rooms.

Edited by casirabit

Great for people with just a couple of toons. I've 50-something on Star Forge. Doubling the requirement is not alt-friendly in any way.

/agreed.

I do not have as many as you but I able to do all my alts to get the points and that helps for us to get the encryptions for our guild ships.

If you're going to do this you need to reduce the amount it takes to complete some of the weeklies. It's easier to complete weeklies for Flashpoints than it is for PvP weeklies simply because the later currently requires 'wins'. With ranked requiring 8 matches and warzones requiring 10.

If you're going to do this you need to reduce the amount it takes to complete some of the weeklies. It's easier to complete weeklies for Flashpoints than it is for PvP weeklies simply because the later currently requires 'wins'. With ranked requiring 8 matches and warzones requiring 10.

I think they should just change the conquest requirements to be legacy wide, and to substitute the need to complete the weekly with the need to get the same number of wins or completions to match those needed to complete the weeklies.

So instead on needing to complete the PvP weekly, you would just need to get 10 wins legacy wide to get the same number of conquest points. That way they could leave the decision of what character we want to choose to play for each win, and not impede our ability to earn the points.

As it stand now, I am not sure if I will ever even bother picking up a PvP weekly if my progress can not be carried over from one week to the next.

Hi all!

• Black Hole Weekly:

Hope that helps!

You shall fix the EV and KP farms. Those are exploits

Gear upgrades being tied to a specific activity seems bad. What if I'm a primarily flashpoint player with flashpoint gear, and then run a few hours of PvP/GSF? It seems I would not be able to upgrade my gear using the PvP tokens just because I got it from the flashpoint gear vendor, making the few hours I spent diversifying my gameplay experience give zero rewards. Edited by Eli_Porter

Hey folks,

Combat Change - Vanish

Currently, Vanish allows players to circumvent intended game mechanics, especially ones that require a target. It also allows for players to revive out of combat, and change their ability/discipline in the middle of an encounter. Vanish abilities are being slightly redesigned to remove unintended use, specifically dropping from combat and reviving in specified situations.

For all Flashpoints and Operations, Vanish abilities will instantly drop all threat and allow players to enter stealth at max level, however, players will no longer exit combat. This restriction does not apply to the open world PvE/PvP or Warzones.

We understand the benefit of resurrecting more frequently in group content, so we are removing the Operation wide lockout timer from combat rezzing. As a balance measure, we've made it so only healing disciplines have access to combat revives. We'll be monitoring this and will adjust the cooldown as needed.

-eric

Just want to make sure this doesn't get lost in the discussion on conquest and weeklies, other issues with vanish change notwithstanding pls make sure to some how correct the recklessness resets for deception/infiltration sin/shadows due to then no longer leaving combat, this is a major dps loss for the class and would effectively remove them from endgame content due to raw lack of dps.

Anyone else read the new article where they say they are directly linking gear to completing your weeklies?

https://www.swtor.com/info/news/article/20211102

So not only will our weeklies reset and annoy us because we didn’t get to complete them, Bioware will essentially reset our gear progression each week.

Is anyone else pissed off over this reset mechanic linking our gear progression or is it only my wife and me?

It seems every announcement Bioware releases about 7.0 makes it sound worse.

I can only assume they are purposely trying to drive the “last remnants of the republic” (long term players) out of the game for good.

Or as Lando quoted in Empire, “this deal is getting worse all the time”.

After watching that clip again, does anyone else see Bioware as Darth Vader and Bobba Fett as the shareholders and the player base is Lando?

My wife has suggested we do what Lando did (metaphorically) and evacuate the city by encouraging others to start uninstalling the game in protest till Bioware listen to our plight and renegotiate in good faith.

I sadly informed her that the Empire and Dark side doesn’t renegotiate because they think they are always right. So instead of starting a Rebellion that is sure to fail and have us destroyed (banned), we should just pack up our proverbial subscription and move to another galaxy, far far away called Star Trek Online.

Edited by TrixxieTriss