DVL Reset?

DarkLordSnake

Wrong.

Achievements have been achieved, taking them away makes them as they would have never happened.

This is rewriting history.

Having the same achievements (0) as the player who has done nothing, how is that fair or in any way making sense?

No I'm not wrong. The DvL event is done and over with. The achievements earned during the event were for the event only to determine the rewards. You want them for the regular completion, do them again.

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No I'm not wrong. The DvL event is done and over with. The achievements earned during the event were for the event only to determine the rewards. You want them for the regular completion, do them again.

Yes, we know that BW can do no wrong. Your point?

Please, you're just making it worse for yourself. You clearly don't understand what an achievement system is. You also don't understand that all other events have never been and will not be reset. And your last sentence also shows that you apparently don't know what achievements were part of the event (things that are not in the "regular" system).

Wrong again (how many times).

Achievements and rewards, completely two different things.

There are achievements that don't have any rewards relevance on their own, for example crafting and class lvl 50 achievements.

This has nothing to do with rewards, this has to with: has the person completed the achievement as it was laid out by Bioware (time/toon limits etc.) or not? If yes, achievement achieved. It is history, it is FOREVER DONE.

(Sure they can take away whatever they want, that doesn't mean it makes sense.)

Edited by Galahard

Please, you're just making it worse for yourself. You clearly don't understand what an achievement system is. You also don't understand that all other events have never been and will not be reset. And your last sentence also shows that you apparently don't know what achievements were part of the event (things that are not in the "regular" system).

Don't do that...this is enjoyable to read. I think he may actually believe what he's typing.

I would have to agree with most in here. Do you guys even know how much effort one would have to show to get this done? I was at 100% and to be honest was NOT an easy task. I was so thrilled upon achiving it and now back to "0". Please leave as it was before this patch. Not that we don't trust your word that we would get our rewards but do you do the same thing with any other Legendary tracking? NO...so why this?

This is very LOW and like saying to those kids who won a trophy upon a race...you won...here is your trophy kid but NOW we have to take away so you can do it again. This is WRONG. If you earned it you should KEEP it.

In the event you make another LvD event call it something else or create another tracking. Is it so hard to copy/paste a new script and say call it "DvL II" ? This is wrong and you should have warned your customers so at least I could have taken a screenshot before being put to "0". All that effort for NOTHING? This is LOW even for you guys.

Well it's a good thing I took screenshots of my DVL achievement window! I made sure to screenshot my entire journey to Legendary should I need to prove anything to Bioware in the future. I worked my butt off so I expect my rewards by friday! :)

I agree with the rest of the folks though that getting 100% was not easy... Who's ever decision it was to reset it, wow just wow. What are you guys thinking over at Bioware! :eek:

Edited by DuckKing

I can confirm that DvL will now show as being 0% for everyone and has been reset. This will have no effect on you receiving your rewards on Friday. The reason this happened is that since the DvL event is over, the Achievements have been wiped/reset should we run it in the future. Apologies for any confusion/alarm this has caused!

Again, this will have no effect on you receiving your event rewards on Friday.

-eric

And you people call me a troll? ROFLMAO!!!!! all you little care bear achievement horders just got trolled by Bioware!!!!

I have to be honest, I am so excited to see this that I did a victory dance all around my house when I read this.

I think this is absolutely AWSOME!!! This has assured I WILL be subbing for the foreseeable future. Bioware has finally done something that effects negatively someone other than us PVPers.

Thank you bioware. I am smiling from ear to ear!!! ROFLMAO @ achievement hunters. You got trolled!!! :p

Edited by MaximumOwnage

This is very LOW and like saying to those kids who won a trophy upon a race...you won...here is your trophy kid but NOW we have to take away so you can do it again. This is WRONG. If you earned it you should KEEP it.

This would be like if every time you won a trophy you got to keep it, and then there's this super-awesome trophy you get for winning the world series... and instead of giving it to you they just put your name and year of victory on it.

And you people call me a troll? ROFLMAO!!!!! all you little care bear achievement horders just got trolled by Bioware!!!!

I have to be honest, I am so excited to see this that I did a victory dance all around my house when I read this.

I think this is absolutely AWSOME!!! This has assured I WILL be subbing for the foreseeable future. Bioware has finally done something that effects negatively someone other than us PVPers.

Thank you bioware. I am smiling from ear to ear!!! ROFLMAO @ achievement hunters. You got trolled!!! :p

There is funny trolling and plain trolling.

Not everyone can choose the right time, but I hope you learn from your mistake.

Why even specify achievement points for the individual achievements? Flashpoint Master - 100 pts? What for? Do you just make stuff up as you go? Or are you having a really good time laughing about us? Who makes these decisions, and why?

SWTOR, the game where everything is harebrained decisions and the points don't matter ;)

If this is not a troll...not sure what other meaning there would be to describe it. This is as low as human beings can get in satisfying at the expense of other's. What goes around comes around and I guess the vile of humanity never ceases to amaze.

The reason this happened is that since the DvL event is over, the Achievements have been wiped/reset should we run it in the future.

Wow, that's new: temporary achievements. So happy. I'm not sure about the movie oscars or golden globes - is it common for the commitees to withdraw all certificates from winners after the ceremony, just to encourage them to start all over? "Enter the competition next year again, Jack Nicholson, we organize this event year!"

I wonder if there is any meaning of the word "achievement" that would corroborate your actual idea and use of it.

One simple question is: Why don't you also erase the achievements for Gree, Rakghoul, and Bounty?

You might say: "because it's different concepts".

Wrong! Regarding DvL, you just boldly mixed two totally independend concepts in one big pot: a) achievements and b) individual progression markers for one particular occurrence of an event, so you know when to hand out rewards and when not to.

In other words, you abused achievements for something totally different. (Since swtor is your product, you're free to abuse it in any way you want, but your customers won't necessarily agree with you...)

You wanted to include a kind of rewarding experience for us when we re-play old, old content over and over again - the rewards being new achievements and DvL item containers. You onviously wanted to do that with the least possible amount of work, to keep us busy while you work on new content. Accepted! Fine by me.

But if you intended to repeat DvL some day, it would have been a good, very basic idea to add the necessary functionality to the game, independently of claimed rewards. Let's say, a similar system to your ranked WZ season counters - just legacy wide and more diverse.

If you reset the achievements (which implies we didn't achieve them, which is a lie), why not take away all items we got from it? For you, this might be two different things. For me and other achievement hunters, it's absolutely the same. It's just as if the event hadn't happened at all. And even worse: We don't know if and when we have the opportunity to regain the achievements. So now, we have a big empty space and a huge "0%" that we won't ever be able to fill permanently. Because you will keep resetting them.

(I'll neglect the question whether any person is really willing to regain the achievements at all, after this whiping stunt you pulled. And will pull again,because it seems to be taken for a "concept".)

Achievements are not (and have never been) a kind of resettable advance-o-meter. I would be really, really happy if you would find a proper solution, something including "software and game design". Sorry for being snarky from the HUGE frustration you granted us.

From my point of view, your current "concept" is not acceptable (and the lack of communication and transparence only made it much worse).

I do not care for any of the item rewards (a pet etc.). The DvL crates only contained absolutly worthless stuff - bound(!) boost items that you get at lvl 65 and other insane ideas.

(I know you think that you improved the situation by introducing the new controversial "crate opening experience" - but this didn't help at all. I already received and opened all boxes (except one) at that time. Had to destroy all the random (and often even duplicate!) gear, most speeders etc. Couldn't even sell them - a 99% fail from Bioware, but well, that's a whole other story, and I won't complain about gifts. You just neglected the chance to do something really great there.)

Please guive us back the achievements, and until the event comes back, you have time for an actual data design that supports your intentions.

Edited by mdahm

o_O!!!!!

SWOTR often makes me think Bioware has their servers powered by hamsters, but did the hamster powering the brains of whoever thought resetting the DvL event achievements is a good idea just died?

YOU.DO.NOT.RESET.ACHIEVEMENTS.!

At the very least archive them. It's a form of game play that keeps part of your player base engaged/active/busy playing your game. This isn't a slap in the face of every OCD achievement hunter... you practically beheaded them!

No, no... just, no!

This image so much

http://imgur.com/gallery/iWKad22

This is the perfect time !!!!! ROFLMAO!!!!!!! This is AWSOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p

Yeah feeding on the anger and disappointment of other fellow players.

Really. I had a friendly remark, but you are beyond help.

I pity you.

Yeah feeding on the anger and disappointment of other fellow players.

Really. I had a friendly remark, but you are beyond help.

I pity you.

This is part of the game now. We have permanent achievements and temporary achievements. Rather then getting all upset about it deal with it. I can tell you have issues with change. Well change is here. Nobody is forcing you to run the content. Its up to you to run it or not.

Nobody is forcing you to do anything. If you don't like it don't play it. I have been PVPin 24/7 since the day of launch. I don't even do anything to do with PVE unless absolutely necessary. Step out of your "achievement" box and start enjoying other aspects of this game.

Bioware I thank you for this decision. Personally I like it and am also looking forward to the next DvsL event so I can get another set of that 50% armor I didn't get on Red Eclipse !!! Thanks again bioware, your the best !:)