DVL Reset?

DarkLordSnake

Oh, I agree fully with both of you...but that is clearly not how they feel. Bioware has spoken loud and clear with 5.0. They don't care what you think...take what they give you and like it.

Oh, i realized it was a sarcastic post the moment i hit the submit button but was too lazy to edit

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kinda like when I transferred my toon to RE and then could no longer obtain the 50% armor because it was already completed on that legacy?

I don't think so. If they are not going to give out copies of the 50% armor for those of us who completed the event, then this is absolutely 100% the right decision. And I for 1 support it completely. And everyone in game I have talked to about it agree with it. Its only on the forums that this venom is being spewed.

This was the right thing to do.

Why do you think they did it, just to make you mad? I mean common sense tells me they are running a company. And they are trying to make money. So common sense tells me based on knowledge they have (a lot more knowledge of numbers than you do) they made the absolute right decision.

That was your fault for transferring and you're complaining about it? You just made a bad decision.

I'm pretty sure you're the only one in this thread who supports their bad decision on this. And I don't believe you for one second everyone you spoke to in game agrees with ou. Or maybe you're just disgreeing to stir up some drama, and I can tell this when you say "they are running a company, and are trying to make money".

Do you really think removing peoples achievements that they worked so hard to get is going to make them money? Think about that. Just....really think hard about that... :rolleyes:

Kinda like when I transferred my toon to RE and then could no longer obtain the 50% armor because it was already completed on that legacy?

I don't think so. If they are not going to give out copies of the 50% armor for those of us who completed the event, then this is absolutely 100% the right decision. And I for 1 support it completely. And everyone in game I have talked to about it agree with it. Its only on the forums that this venom is being spewed.

Why do you think they did it, just to make you mad? I mean common sense tells me they are running a company. And they are trying to make money. So common sense tells me based on knowledge they have (a lot more knowledge of numbers than you do) they made the absolute right decision.

LOL. So you got screwed and your solution is for everyone to be screwed so it's fair. You must be a liberal.

So instead of leaving those achievements for those that achievement hunt and on the off chance that you DO run the event again, you erased the achievements instead of creating new ones? Thats just wrong. How hard is it to create new achievements for a re-run of the event?

I busted my behind to get legendary achievements for that event and now I have nothing to show for it?

>>THIS!!!:mad:

Oh, I agree fully with both of you...but that is clearly not how they feel. Bioware has spoken loud and clear with 5.0. They don't care what you think...take what they give you and like it.

Fair enough bro (or sis), I could understand this if this was a game they developed for themselves, they could make any stupid decision they want. Now that it's apparent that they neither like nor play their own game, that they are developing not for the fans apparently either, this game have outlived its useful existence.

Edited by Galahard

Something went wrong for "just you" so you're happy others are losing their achievement. I actually have a feeling that BW will reverse this. Try to remember "Companion Healing-gate.... hmm. If the forums only represent a small population why did that get overturned? What will you say when they reverse it? Guess that will mean they made the wrong decision? Also, 50% armor is not Legendary status. Again, you do not reward failure and punish success. There would be no successful countries, no successful economies... no video games! BW didn't get a 5 year old MMO by rewarding failure and punishing success. When you're older you'll understand this concept better.

Don't reward failure and punish success!!!!

This is so disappointing... I'm an achievement hunter to a degree and mainly did DvL so that I could get the achievements more so than the packs. To have all those hours of achievement progress wiped... it hurts. I would hope that you guys could reverse your plans and somehow reward us back our achievements and come up with a better method for future events.

Clearly the dev team hates its playerbase. LOL Run it again? Are you high? For what? So you can take back the progress again?

Your new name is Lucyware. Put back the football and stop being jerks. No one thinks you're smart or funny or cool. Even the trolls think you guys are jerks - they recognize kindred spirits. Why do you think they're crowing? This is the perfect troll. Eric, you should be ashamed of yourself. I know I'm ashamed of you.

I figured you'd screw up the update somehow, because you fools don't have clue one what you're doing half the time. That you did this deliberately? That this was committee approved and you're all immensely pleased with yourselves smacks of delusion of the highest order. Few other companies can snatch defeat from the jaws of victory like Lucyware. That you've snatched abject failure from the jaws of your typical failure is its own special kind of achievement.

Bravo.

[Achievement Unlocked - Football Shatched!]

What a joke. Oh, wait...

[Achievement Revoked - Football Snatched!]

...in anticipation of your next troll.

Edited by Nothing_Shines

I can confirm that DvL will now show as being 0% for everyone and has been reset. This will have no effect on you receiving your rewards on Friday. The reason this happened is that since the DvL event is over, the Achievements have been wiped/reset should we run it in the future. Apologies for any confusion/alarm this has caused!

Again, this will have no effect on you receiving your event rewards on Friday.

-eric

While I understand this may be run again in the future, and it enables all players to participate again in the DvL event and recieve those awards for the event a second time around.....

Could the previous achievements be archived in some form, perhaps DvL Event 2016 or something? It would be nice if BioWare can revisit this decision.

It's really hard to keep hoping for the best when you do stupid stuff like this.

This is a major F-u to all the people who ground out Legendary (or worse, *nearly* made it and wanted to at least show that they at least got most of the way there).

People have their NiM EV/KP achievements; are you going to delete those, too? Maybe just skip the middleman and reset/delete Legacies altogether?

How hard would it be to rename the achievements the second time (or call it LvD, etc) so we can keep our achievements?

Edited by Elssha

Using achievements to track progress for the event was a bad decision I don't think there's any good solution for what it's caused.

• Remove the achievement points

Annoys people who only did it for the achievements.

• Keep the achievement points

Annoys new people who find they can't do the achievements.

• Keep the DvL event active

I think this would be best but it kinda defeats the purpose of an event.

Just another reason why this event sucked :p

I can confirm that DvL will now show as being 0% for everyone and has been reset. This will have no effect on you receiving your rewards on Friday. The reason this happened is that since the DvL event is over, the Achievements have been wiped/reset should we run it in the future. Apologies for any confusion/alarm this has caused!

Again, this will have no effect on you receiving your event rewards on Friday.

-eric

Really? this is a slap in the faces of all achievement hunters out there and any who did the work!

couldn't you have duplicated the achievements in sort of a conquest-mission tracker for this purpose????

This is just despicable...

<snip>

Do people keep the achievement points at least or were those wiped too? You know it's going to sting like hell for achievement hunters who went all the way to legendary.

I had DvL achievements @ 100% and I lost 745 achievement points total.

Edited by Magsel

Wow, all I am able to feel right now is utter disappointment. I've been subscribed and playing consistently since the game launched and I've never felt this cheated before. I really enjoyed this event, it felt like a trip down memory lane. I, like many others worked hard to achieve Legendary.

Seeing it all wiped away with the excuse that it was intentionally done in case the event is ever repeated makes no sense to me. This event was clearly crafted to represent 1.0 - 4.0 in terms of what we had to re-do in order to work our way up the different tiers. Should the event return, wouldn't it have made more sense to label it Dark Vs Light II with new achievements that are updated to include the changes made with 5.0+ :rak_02:

I can only hope that this decision is reversed for those of us who worked hard to achieve this.

Eric Musco: Let me be perfectly clear with my questions:

Instead of adding new achievement for 2nd DvL, 3rd and so on, you guys decide to reset the original achievement? Could you please explain the logic championed with this amazing design choice?

I am sure the internet would have broken if BW had added the extra bytes to transfer that information and your servers would have exploded. We might have been absolutely distracted by the new lines appearing to already extremely condensed achievements list.

I really hope people get super fed up with this because your staff needs to get it's act together. Hell, I want my achievement back and I would have wanted to know this before ever starting to do it. Granted the event was really bad to begin with, just endless grind, but resetting the achievement? Hah! Not even separated "Ongoing DvL event tab?"

This is unacceptable! What a waist of time.

It definitely added to my waist sitting all day grinding achievements!

/trolling spelling mistakes since 1980

Not that I am not agreeing with you, I am this close to grab a pitchfork and march on BW Austin right now...if they let a pitchfork on a plane...wishful thinking.

Edited by Galahard