DVL Reset?

DarkLordSnake

It's been mentioned before in this thread, but to me, this change reeks of, "we jacked up something horribly on the back end and this spin we're throwing at the player base is the best we've got so that we don't look straight up incompetent."

I was thinking the same thing.

If they were trying to archive the event the same way they did the NiM EV and NiM KP achievements, maybe something went wrong?

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would have accepted the achievement wipe if they'd also promise never to run DvL or any other benighted sham of an event like it again.

I start shuddering and rocking backwards and forwards in my little corner at the idea of ever running DvL again- that was my first thought when they explained why they took the achievements away. No, no, no, no and frelling no way in the freaking universe do I ever want that grind again.

I just can't believe what support answered me.

A lot of blablabla ... I can understand you blabla ... sorry for inconvenience blablabla and then

But hey it's only percentages and green check marks

:mad:

Ok lets competely remove the achievment system it is just percentages and check marks.

Maybe we should also remove content, chars and especially customers.

I just can't believe what support answered me.

A lot of blablabla ... I can understand you blabla ... sorry for inconvenience blablabla and then

But hey it's only percentages and green check marks

:mad:

Ok lets competely remove the achievment system it is just percentages and check marks.

Maybe we should also remove content, chars and especially customers.

agreed whole hearted this is just a open f-u

The reset is a joke, how can you UN-recognise an achievement, and at the same time the rewards were astoundingly bad!

Looks like a total waste of time for us, and was simply for Bioware to be able to boost the number of alts, therefore characters made in the game total.... blah blah blah.

Does Bioware have any players in the dev team ? Because it seems like all changes are created by non-players.

Terrible work Bioware, but great if you are trying to lower how you are perceived by people that pay for the game, and therefore you.

Edited by ZenX

I can confirm that DvL will now show as being 0% for everyone and has been reset. This will have no effect on you receiving your rewards on Friday. The reason this happened is that since the DvL event is over, the Achievements have been wiped/reset should we run it in the future. Apologies for any confusion/alarm this has caused!

Again, this will have no effect on you receiving your event rewards on Friday.

-eric

So you're using achievements as a legacy-wide mission log.

Okay. What's your definition of an achievement then? It doesn't seem to match what the player base (and the rest of the gaming world) have in mind.

I can confirm that DvL will now show as being 0% for everyone and has been reset. This will have no effect on you receiving your rewards on Friday. The reason this happened is that since the DvL event is over, the Achievements have been wiped/reset should we run it in the future. Apologies for any confusion/alarm this has caused!

Again, this will have no effect on you receiving your event rewards on Friday.

-eric

Look man, no one CARES that you guys will run it in the future... this feels like a slap in the face. Run it in the future, fine.... but if you are gonna do that, then perhaps make a separate tab for that future event, and keep the one that we worked on, spent time on and effort on the same.

Let me give an example

Dark VS Light I

Dark VS Light II

OR

Dark VS Light 2016

Dark VS Light 2017

But I digress!

Let us ask ourselves what is more alarming?

The fact that they clearly are not ruling out the possibility of an event in which you just recycle the same old content.

An event that makes you play the same stuff you could play anytime of the year...and have been able to play for the longest time prior to said event... the only new thing is the rewards.

Rewards are great and all, but who the hell wants rewards in a game that instead of coming out with NEW features, content, and whatnot... simply... gives you slightly different rewards for REPLAYING the same game....

To hell with that. I am not against a future DVL event at all actually, But I hope that a future DVL event would not mean that nothing else special is happening during that time window. This year for example we did not get Nar Shadda Nightlife, which could have easily overlapped with DVL.

I am sure the studios have their own motivations behind why they might run it again.

But, the point I make is simple....or actually not so simple bear with me...

Folks are only going to stick around for so long without new content ( I exclude the KOTFE and KOTET type stuff)

specifically multiplayer content, the new uprisings my guild and I have been enjoying, so this is on the right track.

the DVL event took MONTHS for me personally to finish and I only finished it a few days before it ended.

it is so much to accomplish as far as 100% completion you have to have a huge time window like that and that is both justified and necessary with something where you must check so many boxes off of your list.

My fear is that, like this year, instead of new events coming out, the yearly "BIG EVENT" is just recycling the existing content of the game into a checklist. DVL is a cool event... the concept is cool... But I hope it does not stop the devs from the possibility of having overlapping smaller scale events. and should they do this ideal situation with something NEW as well as DVL every year. I hope that the DVL achievements are not so daunting that the playerbase feels, through the incentive of the DVL rewards that is, like DVL is all they can focus on.

In my guild, even for people that play hours and hours a day and finished their DVL well in advance of the events completion, felt the pressure to help guildies and friends complete theirs. So those people had to do the stuff even MORE and were not really able to get back to the other many great elements the game has to offer until the event ended.

Anyone that looks at the DVL event checklist can clearly see that the event is, at least as part of it's intent, designed to make people subscribe. For example, you cannot reach 1 Million credits without being a sub, You cannot then purchase the DVL datacron deco required for one of the checkbox achievements without being a sub. You cannot access a lot of the content required without being a sub. As a F2P player, it is possible to do the first few levels and that is fine. I know to enjoy the full game and all it's offerings you must sub, and as a sub I am fine with that. I love this game and do not mind supporting it.

So I think with the aforementioned section in mind, the DVL is sure to return, because I would be willing to bet that it gained more subscribers.

Personally I know everyone would love a new monthly event ( e.g Gree, Bounty week, Rakghouls.)

For me as a somewhat newer player who came back in mid summer I did not mind doing it since a lot of it I had not done prior anyway. I liked the rewards and have enjoyed them for the record.

If DVL comes back, I hope new events do too! :)

Edited by RebeccaBlac