DVL Reset?

DarkLordSnake

Then they make Season #2, and so forth not the same exact season all over again no point in running the same exact match over and over again

Its not "seasons" . It is an event, not seasons. They did this exactly correct. And now I get to complete what I was robbed in not being allowed to finish.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=901836

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is of course only IF they decide to give the same rewards IF there even is a next time, which might not be the case.

Oh don't worry, there will be. This event was a HUGE success and you can bet everything you own it will be repeated. And probably sooner than later. I will be very excited when it comes back.

Its not hard. But that's not what they are doing. They are resetting the event completely. There is a good reason why and I personally agree with it 100%. This gives me a second chance to obtain the 50% armor that I missed out on because I did a server transfer after I already completed the event.

This is the right decision. You might not see it right now, but you will in the future. Bioware hit this one perfectly.

Actually, no it's the wrong decision. You don't see it right now, but you will in the future. Bioware blew this one bad. Learn to see when you've been stabbed in the back. You've never worked for anything so it's hard for you to understand. Hopefully someday.

Just saying that so many said: couldn't care less about the rewards, they are borderline crappy (let's not go into that).

This is about how you, as a company, Bioware value your players' time spent in the game.

According to this decision, you value it at 0.

I consider the same investment making toward Bioware in the future.

Then they make Season #2, and so forth not the same exact season all over again no point in running the same exact match over and over again

This also proves that they are incapable of coming up with new events if they have to rely on old ones, not that it surprises me anymore.

Edited by casirabit

This also proves that they are incapable of coming up with new events if they have to rely on old ones, not that it surprises me anymore.

Yeah its like telling the pro LoL tournament to run the same exact match over every year against the same players, same champions, same level etc. No point in doing the same exact thing over again tbh, and plus we all know DvL will change next year cause there is now a higher level to achieve now.

Edited by Theeko

If anyone wants to write to their twitter account and start to get some notice of this matter use:

#EternalThrone (https://twitter.com/hashtag/EternalThrone?src=hash)

or

@SWTOR (

)

facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/starwarstheoldrepublic

I myself use Twitter to get some more attention!

I can confirm that DvL will now show as being 0% for everyone and has been reset. This will have no effect on you receiving your rewards on Friday. The reason this happened is that since the DvL event is over, the Achievements have been wiped/reset should we run it in the future. Apologies for any confusion/alarm this has caused!

Again, this will have no effect on you receiving your event rewards on Friday.

-eric

no reflection on your 'stupid' reset ? and the investment for 100% ? ...

So all the work i and a friend put into this event in the last months is now nullified. This was by far one of the worst Events you ever started in terms of grind and time investment.

I'd like to know why you have to reset the Achievments in case you want to repeat the event. There is not a single reason you have to treat this event differently to all the other events.

There will be enough people who didn't finish the event or haven't even started it that will appriciate if you start it again.

You can always add new achievments but taking away achievments in such a way just destroyes all the trust in the system.

I will never do this Event again purly because i can't trust you that i can keep the achievments the next time.

I can confirm that DvL will now show as being 0% for everyone and has been reset. This will have no effect on you receiving your rewards on Friday. The reason this happened is that since the DvL event is over, the Achievements have been wiped/reset should we run it in the future. Apologies for any confusion/alarm this has caused!

-eric

So why haven't you reset all the other events to 0%??

This is utterly pointless and I've lost achievement points because of this.

This is their game. You're lucky to be playing it.

I'm not sure if you're trolling, but here you go: they were lucky to have my money AND FREE time.

Free time being the more valuable. I guess they RNG-d their luck away (worst pun I could come up with).

I'm not sure if you're trolling, but here you go: they were lucky to have my money AND FREE time.

Free time being the more valuable. I guess they RNG-d their luck away (worst pun I could come up with).

HI'm pretty sure he just forgot sarcasm tags.

No. They are lucky that we play it(yet)

Oh, I agree fully with both of you...but that is clearly not how they feel. Bioware has spoken loud and clear with 5.0. They don't care what you think...take what they give you and like it.

Actually, no it's the wrong decision. You don't see it right now, but you will in the future. Bioware blew this one bad. Learn to see when you've been stabbed in the back. You've never worked for anything so it's hard for you to understand. Hopefully someday.

I completed the LvsD. What do you mean I never worked for anything? I got my 50% armor. But I got screwed when I transferred to Red Eclipse and now I will have another chance to obtain it there. I am very happy the way they did this and so are ALOT of other players.

Bioware did this exactly right. I 100% support this. And so do a lot of other players. If you don't like it, don't run DvsL again. I will defiantly be running it again.

I completed the LvsD. What do you mean I never worked for anything? I got my 50% armor. But I got screwed when I transferred to Red Eclipse and now I will have another chance to obtain it there. I am very happy the way they did this and so are ALOT of other players.

Bioware did this exactly right. I 100% support this. And so do a lot of other players. If you don't like it, don't run DvsL again. I will defiantly be running it again.

Well I can safetly say by the use of common sense that the majority of players think that this is a bad decision for BW to make. Your opinion is in the minority here, and I have a feeling Bioware will listen to this feedback and return everyones achievements. Because it is a bad decision.

I'm pretty sure if you got 100% you'd be agreeing with everyone else right now.

Edited by DarthWoad

-eric

Words cannot express how dumbfounded I am about this decision. I could have maybe understood it if this info was known when the event started. The fact that you are just now letting us know this information is just god awful stupid. I for one would have spent that time doing other more constructive things even in game than waste my time going for some items. I was already upset about having achievements in the tracker that could no longer be obtained, but to have an entire section that took me months to achieve simply wiped is a major slap in the face.

You guys need to fix this or you will have pissed off your most loyal base.

You only agree 100% with this because you already got screwed and lost it due to the transfer.

Well I can safetly say by the use of common sense that the majority of players think that this is a bad decision for BW to make. Your opinion is in the minority here, and I have a feeling Bioware will listen to this feedback and return everyones achievements. Because it is a bad decision.

Kinda like when I transferred my toon to RE and then could no longer obtain the 50% armor because it was already completed on that legacy?

I don't think so. If they are not going to give out copies of the 50% armor for those of us who completed the event, then this is absolutely 100% the right decision. And I for 1 support it completely. And everyone in game I have talked to about it agree with it. Its only on the forums that this venom is being spewed.

This was the right thing to do.

Why do you think they did it, just to make you mad? I mean common sense tells me they are running a company. And they are trying to make money. So common sense tells me based on knowledge they have (a lot more knowledge of numbers than you do) they made the absolute right decision.

Oh, I agree fully with both of you...but that is clearly not how they feel. Bioware has spoken loud and clear with 5.0. They don't care what you think...take what they give you and like it.

You said it ol chum... They just said forget everything you've accomplished up to this point and start over.

$5 says if they undo this, they break it and give everyone the achievements on non DvL characters. Yay!