DVL Reset?

DarkLordSnake

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Galahard, you keep feeding the troll? Okay, good, let's make thie thread another one about Ownage then, thx.

Thank you for reminding me, that I come from an age, when everything that was written was supposed to make sense.

I don't feel I belong in this age anymore. *sigh*

But at least there is ignore, thanks for the reminder.

Eric, for all those, myself included who spent a lot of time doing those achievements, just removing them is a slap in the face. You could archive them easily if that is what you want, but to say that all that effort and work was actually meaningless is insulting. There are people who work to complete all the achievements in the game. This decision just says, you don't matter and neither does your time investment

Eric, for all those, myself included who spent a lot of time doing those achievements, just removing them is a slap in the face. You could archive them easily if that is what you want, but to say that all that effort and work was actually meaningless is insulting. There are people who work to complete all the achievements in the game. This decision just says, you don't matter and neither does your time investment

Exactly now they have to decide who actually did the achievements now I doubt they had a backup of who did what from the looks of it

I think it's disgusting that you reset the Dark V Light Achievement there was a lot of hard work and effort that went into that for some especially with your bugged flashpoints etc etc!! - If you ever decided to run it again you could include the date achieved or what ever on future achievements.

I like many others farmed it to 100% even if my achievements got archived it would be better then erasing its like it never existed / I never completed it!! oh but I will get my awesome mount that I will never use!

very disappointed SWTOR Player

No I'm not wrong. The DvL event is done and over with. The achievements earned during the event were for the event only to determine the rewards. You want them for the regular completion, do them again.

Yes you are wrong. I have done achievements, the Gree, Bounty Hunter, Nar Shadda night life and guess what I still have those. But taking these away on the off chance they are going to do it again is stupid. I know you probably don't care for achievement but some of us do since we have worked to get them.

We had to redo achievements when the event started even if we had them already and now they do this. So sorry if it hurts your view of bioware.

I can confirm that DvL will now show as being 0% for everyone and has been reset. This will have no effect on you receiving your rewards on Friday. The reason this happened is that since the DvL event is over, the Achievements have been wiped/reset should we run it in the future. Apologies for any confusion/alarm this has caused!

Again, this will have no effect on you receiving your event rewards on Friday.

-eric

Is this your brand new content for 5.0? :rak_02::rak_02::rak_02:

I rather felt pity, but that has past already too. Random person can be as pitiful as they want.

Back on topic folks, let's tell Bioware this is unacceptable.

It is acceptable. I 100% agree with it. Now I get to acquire another set of the 50% armor during the next event on Red Eclipse. Because I server transferred after I completed the event, it locked me out from obtaining it. Now I can. I am extremely excited and bioware 100% made the right choice here.

Its not biowares fault there is a tiny but very load group that opposes this. Most everyone agrees with it and are looking forward to the next LvsD event. If you don't like it, don't play it. But I assure you I will defiantly be playing it when they do this event again. I love it!

I can confirm that DvL will now show as being 0% for everyone and has been reset. This will have no effect on you receiving your rewards on Friday. The reason this happened is that since the DvL event is over, the Achievements have been wiped/reset should we run it in the future. Apologies for any confusion/alarm this has caused!

-eric

That's a neat idea. You should do same with achievements for operations. In case it's decided to reuse them in the future.

Oh wait... :D

Yes you are wrong. I have done achievements, the Gree, Bounty Hunter, Nar Shadda night life and guess what I still have those. But taking these away on the off chance they are going to do it again is stupid. I know you probably don't care for achievement but some of us do since we have worked to get them.

We had to redo achievements when the event started even if we had them already and now they do this. So sorry if it hurts your view of bioware.

They are not taking it away. It is an event that is going to be repeated. And if you completed it, you would not be able to repeat it based on the rewards alone. It is a very good decision by the developers. They got this right. I like it a lot and so do most everyone else playing this game. The small tiny group making noise right now are just that, small and loud.

Edited by MaximumOwnage

They are not taking it away. It is an event that is going to be repeated. And if you completed it, you would not be able to repeat it based on the rewards alone. It is a very good decision by the developers. They got this right. I like it a lot and so do most everyone else playing this game. The small tiny group making noise right now are just that, small and load.

How hard is it to make an achievement based on a seasonal event? Just call it DvL #1 Season - (Highest tier achieved) in Archived achievements

They are not taking it away. It is an event that is going to be repeated. And if you completed it, you would not be able to repeat it based on the rewards alone. It is a very good decision by the developers. They got this right. I like it a lot and so do most everyone else playing this game. The small tiny group making noise right now are just that, small and loud.

You are really driving your point home. I think we get it. You've said the same thing 4 different ways already.

-eric

And since no one can show the achievements to you people what happens if you don't give the rewards to someone that should have them. YOu would normally say prove it but since you deleted the achievements before the rewards people can't do that now, can they?

The best bet is "but you still get your rewards!"

Guess what, I never cared about those! I wanted the achievement. You have an achievement system for the purpose of motivating people to do stuff, right? If you suddenly decide to take achievements away, you defeat your own system.

And... honestly, do you think we'll do all of that again? Really? For more stupid prices? Jeez.

And since no one can show the achievements to you people what happens if you don't give the rewards to someone that should have them. YOu would normally say prove it but since you deleted the achievements before the rewards people can't do that now, can they?

Exactly now they have to decide who actually did the achievements now I doubt they had a backup of who did what from the looks of it

That's what I am worried about that since they did this that no one will get the rewards because the system won't recognize it now as all achievements are at 0%.

This is f***ing bulls*** I didn't work my a** off to get to Legendary Status and have nothing to show for it and as faulty as your system is it won't surprise me that now that you've whipped this no one will get the rewards. You should have waited until Friday to do this to be 100% sure people got their rewards first.

If I don't get my rewards Friday cause of this stupid choice you will lose a sub. That's a promise.

I can't believe this... all that work gone... I'm pissed... :mad:

Edited by DarthEnrique

This isn't sitting well with me either. For the longest time I wasn't going to bother with DvL. I hate pvp. Ops take longer than I care to invest in. If I knew you'd erase my 100% legendary that I spend hours on, I would have not bothered. Forget the future DvL event. I guarantee you I won't be a part of it now. I don't need the toys or mounts or companion. I have plenty.

I wanted to prove to myself I could respond to the challenge and do things I normally wouldn't do. In the last week, I spend a lot of my time grinding for my Legendary. This is not cool Bw. Not cool. If fact it borders on maliciousness. :mad:

Obviously you guys aren't gamers. We knew that. But you can't even fake it well. :(

And to the pvp person that says we were trolled? Yeah, you're right. Your post is only supporting what we're saying here. By all means be happy! And thanks for pointing out we were trolled by BW. Still works.

How hard is it to make an achievement based on a seasonal event? Just call it DvL #1 Season - (Highest tier achieved) in Archived achievements

Its not hard. But that's not what they are doing. They are resetting the event completely. There is a good reason why and I personally agree with it 100%. This gives me a second chance to obtain the 50% armor that I missed out on because I did a server transfer after I already completed the event.

This is the right decision. You might not see it right now, but you will in the future. Bioware hit this one perfectly.

Judging by the quick speed of the answer Eric Musco provided BioWare anticipated this question coming up. As far as I'm concerned the answer is still unacceptable. The bounty hunt event is usually one week out of the month but its achievements don't reset when it's over until the next month. The same goes for Gree and Rakghoul events in terms of achievements not being reset. If BioWare wanted to reserve the option to have another DvL event like this one then it would have been acceptable for BioWare to have left the original DvL achievements alone and create another set of achievements for DvL v2 should a second event be pursued. Why anyone at BioWare thought it would be OK to compromise the integrity of the achievements system by removing duly earned achievements, especially for a grindy event like DvL, is unfathomable. It's much worse than going two years with a missing achievement section for second boss of Cademimu (Captain Grimyk) only to add it to the game and not give credit to those who had already defeated this boss 1-25 times. I waited to log in to the game to see for myself that I lost achievements credit for all that work I did to get to DvL legendary. All I can say is I'm very frustrated with BioWare's decision.

Its not hard. But that's not what they are doing. They are resetting the event completely. There is a good reason why and I personally agree with it 100%. This gives me a second chance to obtain the 50% armor that I missed out on because I did a server transfer after I already completed the event.

This is the right decision. You might not see it right now, but you will in the future. Bioware hit this one perfectly.

Then they make Season #2, and so forth not the same exact season all over again no point in running the same exact match over and over again

This gives me a second chance to obtain the 50% armor that I missed out on because I did a server transfer after I already completed the event.

That is of course only IF they decide to give the same rewards IF there even is a next time, which might not be the case.