DVL Reset?

DarkLordSnake

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's pretty clear that this wasn't actually intended, but they invented a reason to make it seem like they didn't completely mess up.

It was completely intended and I personally 100% agree with it. This is the way this event works. If you don't like it, don't play it in the future. I will happily do it when it comes live again and I will be getting my 50% armor that I was unable to obtain.

If you don't understand why they did this then that's your problem. I 100% understand why I completely support it and agree with it.

I think it's pretty clear that this wasn't actually intended, but they invented a reason to make it seem like they didn't completely mess up.

Although, I'm pretty sure people would have been at least a tad more understanding if it was something unintentional, they messed up, and just told people they did so, and that the achievements would be back next week, don't you think?

Doing it this way, they really do just look like they don't care one little bit about the time some people put into getting all of those, which, I'm pretty sure, isn't a great solution, if you have the option to say" hey, we messed up , we're sorry, and we're gonna fix it"

It was completely intended and I personally 100% agree with it. This is the way this event works. If you don't like it, don't play it in the future. I will happily do it when it comes live again and I will be getting my 50% armor that I was unable to obtain.

If you don't understand why they did this then that's your problem. I 100% understand why I completely support it and agree with it.

I completed the event, I got all the rewards, with the exception of those that were suppose be obtained at the end of the event, which we won't get until the second. I got 100% and I have no intentions of ever doing the event again. I'd have helped people to get the achievements but to completely wipe the entire achievements before getting the prizes?

*** are people suppose to do now with this low blow of a stealth removal? What if say I who got to 100% don't get my rewards? How am I suppose to prove that I got 100%? If I had known that they were going to wipe this I would have screenshot the achievements in my legacy to have proof. This is complete and utter bulls*** and if you can't understand then go to another thread and stop stamping on people's concerns and acting like this isn't a big deal when IT IS!

Edited by DarthEnrique

Just like when you win a medal at the Olympics, then they take it away from you after the closing ceremony, because they're going to do it all again in 4 years.

This is pretty dumb IMHO. Achievements should be permanent. Add a new set if you are running it again, especially since the criteria are going to change anyway.

I am an achievement hunter and the lost points are VERY disappointing. They should have not awarded legacy achievement points if they were not intended to be permanent. You can talk about "this is an event" etc. But if that was the intent, there are other mechanisms in the game to track progress.

Game is still loading for me, but if the achievement points are gone, I truly hope BW comes up with a solution to satisfy the long-time achievement hunters.

-Quintain

I can confirm that DvL will now show as being 0% for everyone and has been reset. This will have no effect on you receiving your rewards on Friday. The reason this happened is that since the DvL event is over, the Achievements have been wiped/reset should we run it in the future. Apologies for any confusion/alarm this has caused!

Again, this will have no effect on you receiving your event rewards on Friday.

-eric

And what is the logic of this move considering I still have my KP and EV nightmare achievements when that content is no longer available and the achievements for Bounty Contract Week, Gree, and Rakghoul don't reset despite the fact that they will repeat? This is unacceptable and our achievements should be reinstated. It seems like Bioware fired everyone who actually games and they are relying on people who don't understand gamers to make decisions when I read the 5.0 patch notes.

No I'm not wrong. The DvL event is done and over with. The achievements earned during the event were for the event only to determine the rewards. You want them for the regular completion, do them again.

Wrong, achievements for bounty contract week, Gree, and Rakghoul do not reset, they too are events and they repeat. Try harder next time you are trolling.

Why even specify achievement points for the individual achievements? Flashpoint Master - 100 pts? What for? Do you just make stuff up as you go? Or are you having a really good time laughing about us? Who makes these decisions, and why?

SWTOR, the game where everything is harebrained decisions and the points don't matter ;)

Anyone else think there was a coding screw-up and BW put forth this statement as smoke and mirrors?

I have to agree that I don't appreciate the reset of these achievements. I've been away from the game for some time due to real life business and concerns. When I logged in it was for brief moments, and not enough time to really get into the game seriously. I returned a little over a week ago and discovered there was an event going on. I did my best to complete much of it, and came just short of completing the Champion and Eternal level ones. Had they kept the information for a later date, I'd have been willing to achieve this in the future, but since it is forgetting all my efforts, there's no way I'm going to crate ANOTHER 8 characters and try to grind this again. That would be a huge headache I'm not willing to regrind. Its a shame they went this route. I can understand locking the achievement til they choose to pick up the event again, but wiping it out is just a mistake altogether. I really don't understand the thinking process behind this. (Then again I'm not such a large fan of Events in general on any MMO I've played in the last 10 years. All the best events in my view were player driven. Make the game fun and we'll find humorous ways to entertain ourselves, like trying to see if we can beat a boss using only certain abilities, etc.)

It definitely added to my waist sitting all day grinding achievements!

/trolling spelling mistakes since 1980

Not that I am not agreeing with you, I am this close to grab a pitchfork and march on BW Austin right now...if they let a pitchfork on a plane...wishful thinking.

You can't buy a pitchfork in Austin?

Clearly the dev team hates its playerbase. LOL Run it again? Are you high? For what? So you can take back the progress again?

Run it again -- why not? Then they can again count the number of new toons made to show the game's popularity.

On the other hand they did (?) expand the number of character slots for everyone by 10+ so you can keep your DvL toons, for what it 's worth -- maybe they'll even count next time the event is run.

Anyone else think there was a coding screw-up and BW put forth this statement as smoke and mirrors?

That's at least giving them the benefit of the doubt and that the they are only lying about it.

The worse version is that they did it on purpose.

I was leaning towards the first version, but I am really not sure anymore. All my good will has worn thin with this bunch.