Crafting Changes in Fallen Empire

TaitWatson

The cool part about THIS is that most of the people that will bother crafting BiS gear are PvPers anyway, most likely, so they will go ahead and do so. Others will say f__k it and move on to other things. Since not everyone is willing to PvP for crafting BiS gear, the value of those items will remain moderate (I say moderate because nothing in this game has even been beyond reach on the GTN for anyone on any budget).

Also, I think it is important to emphasize: PvP is NOT needed AT ALL for ANYONE unless you plan on crafting raid-equivelent BiS gear. There are a HUGE amount of other items you can still craft which are also major money makers that you can make without doing any PvP at all. ONLY the BiS gear requires PvP.

Huh? BiS gear will be made by getting the materials from operations not from conquest and thus PVP. Those materials are for making the lower tier vendor schematics that have no mod slots on them.

It seemed they wanted to make some relatively easy to use gear/get for doing all sorts of high end PVE but sort of fell short of the goal by tieing it into conquest. I only say that of course based on conquest in it's current state and how it works in terms of winning planets or getting your weekly ... it doesn't exactly encourage varied play even when you remove crafting.

That's before we even look at how buggy it is in general.

In saying all that if you still want slightly worse gear you can use comms ( or so we assume, they say vendor and vendor raid gear has tiers too so where the conquest gear fits in *shrug* ) and if you want better gear you get it dropped from raids or buy it from the GTN from people who are raiding already.

As far as I can tell BW creating this new gear and tieing it to conquests is a damn stupid idea.I personally can't see any point to it because the person who made conquest work the way it does is probably the same genius who thought the slot machine was a good idea at first and then nerfed it and ran away once people got angsty.

If MAYBE it was to encourage PVP well that's fail unless they plan to dos omething about the griefers who won't actually participate and just be out for the points.

• Replies 705
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If MAYBE it was to encourage PVP well that's fail unless they plan to dos omething about the griefers who won't actually participate and just be out for the points.

I do not think that they care at all. ;) At the moment it is almost impossible to kick the player from the game, even the pure AFK'er or troll. Provided Vote Kick feature just do not work in 99.9%! :D

Yeah, those are not ADJUSTMENTS.

I have every profession learned and about 98% of the purple recipes that I have spent hours upon hours and literally tens of millions in credit buying materials off the GTN, off of the crafting vendor, not to mention the millions I have spent on missions.

The entire game of SWTOR is changing. Almost every single thing that I have read is about some change that BW FEELS is good. Well. it is not.

Yep, I am cancelling my sub. And no, I am not giving any of my stuff to anyone.

I did some of that too, but we weren't forced to. There are many, many ways to get gear and such to get through the game. I enjoyed crafting, I take it you did too. We were probably suckers for thinking that anything in an MMO is forever. If this makes you quit, well why were you even playing in the first place?

I did some of that too, but we weren't forced to. There are many, many ways to get gear and such to get through the game. I enjoyed crafting, I take it you did too. We were probably suckers for thinking that anything in an MMO is forever. If this makes you quit, well why were you even playing in the first place?

I have played MMO's for many years, this is the biggest single player effort take away I have ever seen. Where they take something you have achieved in game play and throw it away with no (zero) compensation for your lost effort. I have enjoyed this game, but this is a major unforced error on the part of Bioware, as big as 1.2 in my books.

I have played MMO's for many years, this is the biggest single player effort take away I have ever seen. Where they take something you have achieved in game play and throw it away with no (zero) compensation for your lost effort. I have enjoyed this game, but this is a major unforced error on the part of Bioware, as big as 1.2 in my books.

*COUGH*SWG-NGE*COUGH*

Tho, loosing lots of my RE'd schems is pretty bad, its only about 1/100th of that debacle.

Tho, loosing lots of my RE'd schems is pretty bad,....

This is what upsets me. I spent a lot of time getting to purple versions of armorings on my cybertech. Now I'm going to have to go through the process all over again on my other crafters to make the equivalent of the same thing.

RE: Everyone who quoted me and replied:

Okay, so I guess I read things wrong and I apologize for that. So - okay if you can get the mats from OPs also, then what is the big deal everyone is making about PvP? It;s even more proof that you do not have to PvP for anything.

And okay I guess I can see where folks are calling out BW on the whole "we're making it easier" bit then making it more complex. There does need to be more concise wording in the updates. To me, "streamlining" means sorting things out and making them work more fluidly with how they are supposed to work, not necessarily easier. I wonder if what BW meant by "simpler" was making all the crafting classes actually make sense (such as having ONLY Cybertech make enhancements - which makes sense).

I am only speculating, though, so it would have to be BW themselves to clarify if I am right or wrong in my perceptions.

*COUGH*SWG-NGE*COUGH*

Tho, loosing lots of my RE'd schems is pretty bad, its only about 1/100th of that debacle.

I would put this on par with NGE's beast master vanishing act yes, I try not to think of that failspansion. SOE at least refunded my money for that bait and switch.

Whilst I can understand why players are getting arsey over losing purple schematics, it appears they have forgotten that most of them are no longer relevant anyway. With Mastery taking over the job of the main stats, your armouring will reduce from 8 schems per grade to 2. One Mastery biased and one Endurance, similar story with the other types of Gear modifications (Mods, Enhancementss, Hilts and Barrels)

To further mire why players are upset, the new schems start at Blue grade instead of Green and pre-endgame there is zero point using Purple Grade gear for levelling pre Level 60 with the Bolster on Makeb and the gear give away during SoR and Zoist. Yes getting your Enhancements from Blue to Purple again will be a minor pain, but if what I understand about the stat changes is correct, a good chunk of the old enhancement schems are likely gone/merged anyway.

You'd had your time with your current prints, you've levelled with them, performed amazing feats in FP's and Ops. They have been sold in massive quantities and geared many alts. Their time as they are is more or less over. These changes are needed.

You're seriously going to take this away although it's nowhere near the best? I can see if you couldn't craft them anymore, but why can't we keep what we have?

I agree, they've already taken the crafting of new reusables away from the top levels, so those of us that still have biochem at 450 to 500 and still use them do so only as a cheap alternative while out doing BS things, like collecting achievements or conquest points, things we don't feel require a full strength stim or medkit.

Why you hate cybertech so much? I mean, you removed all the armorings, all the droid armor and what you gave instead? Some enhancements?!

They are now giving everyone the ability to use purple crafted grenades, not just the appropriate level of Cybertech, so make those instead and get your raid group to using them as well.

arghhh the more the Devs post the more i am lost ....

Did i understood this correctly please :

• Mods and Relics cannot be crafted.

The Operation Mat is used to craft raid gear and mods. This gear requires you to acquire the raid item first to reverse engineer.

• Only Mods, Relics, Implants, and Earpieces can be crafted with this material.

• Unlike previous versions, the empty raid shells are not reverse engineerable."

So unless i do some raiding i can not anymore craft mods relics implants and ears ? So a casual player will just have an armor without anything else ?

If anyone can explain better what they mean i would really appreciate. They give us little bits of info and then add more worrying, not very fair.

I'm Canceling my sub too will post later why. time is gone? crafting was simple anyway wasn't hard the UI for it was so so simple how couldn't people use it. been sub long time so isn't so bad and I'm flying 20th but will see the 19th is it any good. if not bye bye......

Whilst I can understand why players are getting arsey over losing purple schematics, it appears they have forgotten that most of them are no longer relevant anyway. With Mastery taking over the job of the main stats, your armouring will reduce from 8 schems per grade to 2. One Mastery biased and one Endurance, similar story with the other types of Gear modifications (Mods, Enhancementss, Hilts and Barrels)

To further mire why players are upset, the new schems start at Blue grade instead of Green and pre-endgame there is zero point using Purple Grade gear for levelling pre Level 60 with the Bolster on Makeb and the gear give away during SoR and Zoist. Yes getting your Enhancements from Blue to Purple again will be a minor pain, but if what I understand about the stat changes is correct, a good chunk of the old enhancement schems are likely gone/merged anyway.

You'd had your time with your current prints, you've levelled with them, performed amazing feats in FP's and Ops. They have been sold in massive quantities and geared many alts. Their time as they are is more or less over. These changes are needed.

Are they taking away gear or are they migrating gear to the new stats? Why are they not migrating recipe achievements in a similar way? I prefer leveling and exploration to pvp or ops so the low level recipes I had unlocked were still very useful to me. So while this is not such a big deal for some, this is a huge kick to the groin for me.

None of what you have said changes the fact that Bioware is stealing my achievements from me. And yes it may be their game and their right, but it is my sub comes from my money and option what I do with that money. Bioware lost me after the 1.2 disaster... they are risking it with this low blow a second time.

In addition, instead of an empty shell, you now get stats that are better than the comm vendor gear. Since we have Outfit Designer, static stats shouldn't cause a problem for customers that just wanted the look (which were your only customers before 4.x). But, now there are potentially more customers, since somebody who doesn't like the look but wants the stats can use Outfit Designer to ignore the look.

I don't know how many variations of each piece there will be, but if all five good combos are covered, it shouldn't really matter that much that they aren't separate modifications (unlike trying to optimize vendor or token gear). And putting in modifications would totally screw around with the rest of the crafting system.

Edit: I assume the five "good" combos in 4.x will be Low End Pow/Crit, Low End Pow/Alacrity, Low End Pow/Accuracy, High End Def/Shield, High End Def/Abs). If every piece of SM/HM crafted gear gets these options, I'd expect it to make gear optimization easier than with comm gear that only has certain combos like it does currently).

Actually i fear that the stats they will put together will be again totally not what we want. How much time did i had to replace the enhancements or mods on a 186 or 192 gear because the stats on those were stupid ? (too much crit, not enough power, or not enough crit, too much surge, and you could not get your stats rounded with those.

And when i see the blue rewards we are having doing Ziost and Revan, equiping those is a heavy drop stats from the 186 or 192: two blue pieces of accuracy, 4 blue pieces with surge and alacrity (for a gunslinger) ...... and not speaking of the stats on the earings and implants from the rewards. So if this is the same ...... i fear the result.

Actually the more i read the more i am lost.

Are they putting for everyone the same blue stats ?

Are they giving mods earing implants and relics to raider only ? if so i guess for us casual using up to 186 or 192, will see our stats drop drastically.

Are we really forced to go pvp to be able to craft some purple recipes ?

And honnestly what will be the goal : having everyone with the same stats ?

So for now i lost my Biochems (no more implants), my Artificers (no more enhancements, no more relics), my Cybertechs (no more armoring, no more earings) and i am forced to level a synthweaving to craft some piece of gear with some imposed stats.

Who will do the Hilts ?

Who will do the Barrels ?

or are they also removed and we have all a unique weapon ?

What is happening to slicing, diplomacy, and all gathering mission : are they removed also ?

What will happens to the augmentations already slotted ? will their stats be changed or will you simply remove them ?

What will be the price now to install the aug kit ? Are they still gated by level ?

If now only raiders can craft earings implants relics and mods are they bind on pickup or can they sell those ? (seeing how much you removed from the economy i guess the prices on those will go up the sky ...)

In all this nightmare, i would have appreciate to know all this a little before, that would have allow me to keep some money, some mats. And i just wonder if the best is not to put someone at level 1 and tell them start again.:D

In fact they should have put a video showing how exactly it will work and what kind of result we can expect.

The changes to operations gear crafting are total BS.

The only way to craft them is buy them at the vendor (instead of earning the schematics by actually doing ops) then farm conquest (which means tons of pvp because that's the only repeatable option) for mats instead of running operations.

That's just as silly as saying that all operations bosses now have a chance to drop a recipe for pvp gear.

Neither this change nor the component thing make crafting any easier.

While i kinda agree with you on your oppinion, i can see why they would do a move like that. I dont do pve at all, i only pvp...but trust me, if there was a pvp item i only could get from PvE, i would be there grinding. I would hate it yes, but i would do it.

This is all in line with BW's pvp mentality: Its more important to have fast pvp pops then it is important that the players pvping are actually having fun.

Who knows, maybe they will do the same for PvE sooner or later, and then we will in fact see pvp items dropping and a bunch of unhappy PvPers queuing up in groupfinder with no clue about tactics etc - just like PvErs queueing for warzones.

Full circle - check

EDIT: Other then that most of these changes are just for dumbing down the game even further, no surprise there....

Edited by Twin

Bioware you are killing my game :mad: .. I hope your patrons are going to be well compensated for their loss. I am finding myself getting extremely annoyed that all the work I have done and money spent in game has now gone down the toilet.

Thanks for ruining my game

This is what upsets me. I spent a lot of time getting to purple versions of armorings on my cybertech. Now I'm going to have to go through the process all over again on my other crafters to make the equivalent of the same thing.

Armorings can no longer be crafted by Cybertechs.

Missed that part. Zero point in bothering to get crafters up to speed with changes like this, I do wonder if the developers realise the time and effort it takes with the ~20% RNG chance to learn all the those schematics.

"We won't take anything away from the players".... :rolleyes:

Bioware you are killing my game :mad: .. I hope your patrons are going to be well compensated for their loss. I am finding myself getting extremely annoyed that all the work I have done and money spent in game has now gone down the toilet.

Thanks for ruining my game

Bioware thinks they're going to gain an influx of new players due to EP7 this december. They don't care about loyal subscribers. Going to laugh so hard when their subs plummet even more.

Missed that part. Zero point in bothering to get crafters up to speed with changes like this, I do wonder if the developers realise the time and effort it takes with the ~20% RNG chance to learn all the those schematics.

They use console codes regardless of what they claim, so it makes no difference to them. Developers across the industry have also been known to hide hidden areas in games that allow them easier access to rare items and/or money. Someone found a few of those hidden throughout DAI the other day.

Edited by PoliteAssasin

Given that schematics in 4.x start at blue, only need one RE to purple, and have a higher RE chance, I'd say that "yes, the developers realize that".

Reverse Engineering items no longer gives a random item. Instead, the item reverse engineered will give an improved version of that item.

The chance to get an improved item from Reverse Engineering has been increased.

Given that the quantity of basic schema has been trimmed back via stat collapse and all armor adaptive, and that you won't have the chance of getting something like Cunning armor with tanking stats, AND you have a better chance of getting the singular advanced item, this I'm OK with.

This is a MAJOR reduction in unneeded complexity and randomness. The original system, where you had a 1 in 5 chance of getting an advanced schema, and then another roughly 1 in 5 chance of getting the stats distribution (the 'prefix') you wanted? Ugh. It was a big turn-off for me for crafting non-moddable items, so I only did the RE game on item slot modifications, and basically ignored the non-moddable items for crafting, unless I was gearing a comp, where I would just put them in green and be done with it, or if I happened to have an appropriate blue that I got from REing the greens I made grinding the crafting skill up.

I'm not sure I agree with the redistribution of item slot mods. For one, artifice should get SOMETHING that goes into a moddable shell, given the prevalence of moddable items, and that mainhands are explicitly not part of the Appearance Designer, so people aren't going to be buying the mainhands for appearance. But starting at blue quality for crafting items, with one upgrade path for each item and higher chance ot get the upgraded schematic? That's OK by me.