Crafting Changes in Fallen Empire

TaitWatson

• Replies 705
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dyes and crystals are not artifice only, in fact they may as well be cartel market only. why would you buy a purely lvl 50 crystal with +41 stat when you can buy a lvl 10 color crystal with +41 stat? lol

There are plenty of Artifice-only color combos for each that many players find desirable. So, no, they might as well not make dyes and crystals CM-only.

The crafted dyes aren't worth that much,

Wow, what server do you play on?

Edited by branmakmuffin

You still make Dyes, Hilts, Crystals ... plenty of use end-game. And all are Artifice Only.

Remind me again which stats/mechanics Dyes buff. I'm having trouble remembering.

Crystals were also nerfed/frozen, what, in 2.0? Or was it 1.x?

I'm so terribly impressed with this level 50 entry level single stat item mod for use in level 65 endgame content.

Overall the change shifts Artifice from a generally useful skill to a generally not useful skill.

On the whole it looks like Cybertech, Synthweaving, and Armormech will be generally useful, Biochem will be sort of niche useful, and Armstech and Artifice will border on not being worth the bother.

So there's a sort of consistency in approach Armor/clothing > Consumables > Weapons that has been lacking in the past, but to be honest I would have preferred for them to buff Armstech up to Artifice's level of utility rather than nerfing Artifice down to Armstech's level of irrelevance.

A utility structuring looking like: Armor/clothing > Consumables = Weapons would have suited me more.

There are plenty of Artifice-only color combos for each that many players find desirable. So, no, they might as well not make dyes and crystals CM-only.

Wow, what server do you play on?

Honestly I don't know their value on the gtn and that quote is out of context considering that I mention the existence of decent colours through rep vendors. But I craft to gear my own toons stat wise, don't particularly care about cash as there isn't that much to buy and like I say, the majority of baseline dyes are pretty meh looking. It requires a lot of effort to make valuable dyes, a lot more than the HM gear is going to take to craft in 4.0. Also every profession that had something taken away got at least a little back with the exception of artifice. Cybertech, no reusable grenades and no armourings but you get enhancements and stronger grenades. Bio chem no reusable stims but you get a bunch more and they last longer. Artifice, no enhancements, no top tier relics and screw you guys.

. The crafted dyes aren't worth that much, sure there's a couple of decent ones available from some rep vendors but the majority are from the cartel market, pretty much the same as crystals. As for relics, why is it only relics that suffer from this?.

I am going to guess it is depends on servers. I sell dyes very easily. As soon as I put them on the gtn they are gone and I do very well on my dyes and there are more than a couple decent ones from reputation vendors as I listed as I have all these.

Light Gray and Deep Red (GSI)

Legend Rank, Galactic Solution Industries

Deep Red and Light Gray (Makeb)

Legend Rank, Makeb Imperial Forces/Citizens of Makeb

Deep Red and Black (Sec X)

Legend Rank, Imperial Guard on Belsavis/Republic Fifth Assault Battalion

Deep Blue and Black (Voss)

Champion Rank, The Voss

Black and Deep Blue (CZ-198)

Champion Rank, The Adjudicators/Ordnance Acquisition Corps

Black and Deep Blue (CZ-198)

Champion Rank, The Adjudicators/Ordnance Acquisition Corps

White and Medium Pink

BBA Reputation Vendor (Schematic)

Deep Brown and Deep Red

BBA Reputation Vendor (Schematic)

Deep Blue and Deep Green

People of Rishi Reputation Vendor – Newcomer (Schematic)

Deep Green and White

Coalition Forces on Yavin Reputation Vendor – Newcomer (Schematic

Black and Medium Blue

People of Rishi Reputation Vendor – Champion (Schematic)

Dark Red and Black

Coalition Forces on Yavin Reputation Vendor – Champion (Schematic)

Edited by ScarletBlaze

I don't know if BioWare is still reading replies this deep into it, but if they are, as a casual crafter I will say:

I don't have any concerns with moving schematics from one crafting prof to another, since I have them all...most at least twice or more. I do wonder about reverse engineered schematics I will be losing in this transition. That seems grossly unfair. Outside that, I could care less.

I will need to reconsider whether I still need 10+ BioChem and 10+ Slicing toons.

I don't think I care about the 2-step (or 3-step?) crafting process. It is what it is...but calling it "easier" is straight up lying. Like with stronghold decoration crafting, it means using inventory space to hold onto these sub-components...that's the only true drawback.

Bringing Conquest into crafting is very, very, very odd. I cannot say strongly enough how much I dislike this decision. First, conquest is broken all too often. Like it is today, with no fix on the horizon. So bringing conquesting into crafting means we can expect crafting to be broken a lot. That's really bad.

I can only hope that doing operations is enough to complete the conquest goal each week. If that's the case, it really doesn't matter. If that's not the case, and I have to start doing all of the other boring content I do not want to do, to get the crafting mats I need...I'm not going to be happy.

Just to confirm my understanding is correct, you can reverse engineer story mode operations gear to obtain hard mode gear schematics, correct?

No. The opposite. You can re the armorings mods and enhancements, not the shells.

You still make Dyes, Hilts, Crystals ... plenty of use end-game. And all are Artifice Only.

I think it has been established that said dyes are available from rep vendors, hilts are available for coms (2 coms each), and +41 lvl crystals are available from packs. I haven't made any of those for myself in a very long time.

Given the range of these changes, and given that you are allowing 'Brand New 60's' to get crafting skills at 500 _WITHOUT_ having done any of the legwork, even though crafting skills are optional and you can have leveled to 60 without ever once crafting, it seems to me you may want to consider allowing EVERYONE who has a crafting skill at 500 to trade it in for a different crafting skill at 500.

I would suggest perhaps, for the first month or more of 4.0 that you allow 'free' switching of your crafting skills if they are at 500 for another crafting skill which will be immediately placed at 500.

FOR EXAMPLE: I have multiple characters I leveled Biochem to 500 for. I did it because I made extensive use of re-usable stims etc and there was a requirement to have the BioChem skill in order to use these. Since this is no longer an option and no longer necessary its not 'right' that a 'Brand New 60' gets crafting skills at 500 with no effort, but if I want to change mine because YOU redesigned the whole system and made my crafting skill les useful to me _I_ will have to go through process of re-leveling the skill to 500 if I abandon it.

That's not cool.

You are making a MAJOR change and it is only right/fair that I am allowed to adapt to this change as painlessly as someone making a brand new free level 60 character who gets their crafting with no effort whatsoever.

I should be able to drop Biochem at 500 and pick up Armormech at 500 if I feel like it. Again, maybe for just a short time like a month or so. To allow players of _exisiting_ characters the same flexibility you are giving brand new free level 60's especially after you made so many integral changes to crafting as it exists.

I would suggest that IF you delete a crafting skill that is '500' you are given a 'token' and if you then purchase a crafting skill it checks your inventory for the 'Token' and if one is present the crafting skill is automatically raised to 500 and the 'token' consumed.

Edited by EnkiduNineEight

given the range of these changes, and given that you are allowing 'brand new 60's' to get crafting skills at 500 _without_ having done any of the legwork, even though crafting skills are optional and you can have leveled to 60 without ever once crafting, it seems to me you may want to consider allowing everyone who has a crafting skill at 500 to trade it in for a different crafting skill at 500.

I would suggest perhaps, for the first month or more of 4.0 that you allow 'free' switching of your crafting skills if they are at 500 for another crafting skill which will be immediately placed at 500.

For example: I have multiple characters i leveled biochem to 500 for. I did it because i made extensive use of re-usable stims etc and there was a requirement to have the biochem skill in order to use these. Since this is no longer an option and no longer necessary its not 'right' that a 'brand new 60' gets crafting skills at 500 with no effort, but if i want to change mine because you redesigned the whole system and made my crafting skill les useful to me _i_ will have to go through process of re-leveling the skill to 500 if i abandon it.

That's not cool.

You are making a major change and it is only right/fair that i am allowed to adapt to this change as painlessly as someone making a brand new free level 60 character who gets their crafting with no effort whatsoever.

I should be able to drop biochem at 500 and pick up armormech at 500 if i feel like it. Again, maybe for just a short time like a month or so. To allow players of _exisiting_ characters the same flexibility you are giving brand new free level 60's especially after you made so many integral changes to crafting as it exists.

I would suggest that if you delete a crafting skill that is '500' you are given a 'token' and if you then purchase a crafting skill it checks your inventory for the 'token' and if one is present the crafting skill is automatically raised to 500 and the 'token' consumed.

great post!

I am very very angry about these changes. Waste my time & money would you bioware by taking away what i have worked for?

You buzztards!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I for one am going to miss reuseables, as of now, everyone will just lvl slicing, nothing else matters.

For what it's worth, this ship already sailed with 3.0.

Reusables while leveling have very little impact on your ability to kill mobs. Most people that leveled biochem did so specifically for the end-game reusables which went away months and months ago.

For what it's worth, this ship already sailed with 3.0.

Reusables while leveling have very little impact on your ability to kill mobs. Most people that leveled biochem did so specifically for the end-game reusables which went away months and months ago.

That's true for BIS items, which is why I think it's so silly they are nerfing already crafted reusables. If someone wants to use a 52 reusable then why not let them.

That's true for BIS items, which is why I think it's so silly they are nerfing already crafted reusables. If someone wants to use a 52 reusable then why not let them.

Oh, I'm not defending them being removed.

Just, it's a bit late to be upset about it.

As for below max level reusables? I've leveled toons with biochem and had up-to-date reusables (every 8 levels). I've also leveled toons and never touched a stim that wasn't given as a free mission reward. I find myself hard-pressed to notice any significant difference.

Now, the reusable health packs while leveling? Those were nice.

Edited by Khevar

So am I right in thinking that when 4.0 hits I won't have 2 upgrade any of my toons augment slots on their armor as they are MK-10s right now? If that is the case that's great news!

i am just going to assume all of my mk10 slots will convert to mk8, so there really is no reason to buy mk9 and 10's now.

Found a nice post :rolleyes:

Ahh! "Easier to Play." Like Crafting:

Old Way: you find or buy some material and craft something.

New Way: Find or buy some stuff and make something that you then use with something else to make a material you combine with another material to craft something. IOW, a one tier process is now a two tier process, PLUS some of the materials you need can ONLY be found through finishing "Personal Conquests." (Note" Conquests are now disabled because they aren't working. It's unclear what the difference, if any, is between "conquests" and "Personal Conquests."

This has been done so that new people will find crafting much simpler to understand.

Makes perfect sense.

GG bioware. :rolleyes:

Pardon if someone has mentioned this..

So in order to craft the "elder game" gear we'll need a material from Conquest... but due to the issues with conquest rewards the events are going to be turned off for (approximately) a month or so starting with KOTFE release...

That may be an issue for some folks. Will there be any alternate way to obtain this "special" component while conquest is disabled?

*EDIT of course while I was typing someone posted a related comment right above mine.. :confused:

Edited by Taramayne

Okay, after going through the 27-odd pages of replies, I apologize if I missed this question already having been asked.

However, from all the twitch videos I've seen, the old crafting bonuses (for example, T7 had a +2 Crit chance for Slicing) are going away. Is that correct that those bonuses are being removed, and if so, for those of us that bought the old 100,000 credit sensor mods for the ships droids, are we getting compensated for those?

This seems to be a further move to appeal to new players and make group content a little pointless as top level gear can be bought from the gtn.

Other than two hours of story content a month starting sometime in 2016. What do you see players doing once they are geared up and played through everything once? Well other than unsubscribe and play something with more meaningful end game content?

Matter Transubstantiators - why remove/change these? What are they going to be replaced into?

Molecular Stabs - same question. Am I still going to be able to craft Dread Relics on my Artifice or will I lose all the schematics? Will the replacement mat be in EC?

Will my crafters be able to craft schematics they have learned like armorings, mods, enhancements, relics, crystals? Or will all these be removed? I'm confused on this.

If you are not allowing me to craft my prized schematics then I will enjoy Guild Wars 2 even more.

Edited by pooks

I'm about to unsubscribe right now. I'm not just a fan of the game but the posters and gamers. If someone could ask for my stuff that would feel great as that line never gets old and is a time honored traditional proper sendoff for veteran players. I want mine.:o

I'm about to unsubscribe right now. I'm not just a fan of the game but the posters and gamers. If someone could ask for my stuff that would feel great as that line never gets old and is a time honored traditional proper sendoff for veteran players. I want mine.:o

Can I have your stuff? Since you want me to ask. :p