Crafting Changes in Fallen Empire

TaitWatson

• Replies 705
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a lot of change and I'm not sure I'm a fan.

Really don't like the fact my crafters will apparent;y not be self-sufficient anymore, since I need to "buy" stuff to complete a craft tier? Hopefully the items will be cheap.

Anyways, I'll adapt I guess. I do like that gear is now starting at blue level, that should be a nice boost to armors and so on. :)

So what's this I'm seeing hinted at elsewhere, that certain items will require Conquest-reward materials to craft?

If true, this is just Bioware trying to make conquest relevant.

Was wondering about this too. Rest I like but this part had me wondering.

So what's this I'm seeing hinted at elsewhere, that certain items will require Conquest-reward materials to craft?

Yes, it's an attempt, but I don't think it will increase participation in meaningful numbers. People who didn't have the time or motivation to do conquests before won't have it then either, particularly with level sync making it even more time consuming than it was before. *shrug* People who were doing conquests for the conquests may have one more thing to sell and crafters one more thing to buy (assuming it's going to be BoE, because making it BoP would be beyond comprehension). But I don't think many professional crafters will go and do conquests just for that. If they could/wanted to earn credits through repetitive combat on several characters, they would not be crafting.

Was wondering about this too. Rest I like but this part had me wondering.

The ONLY items that will require this are some of the BiS OPS-level armor you can craft now. Everything else will be pretty much open access like before. Makes sense, though - as you said it makes people actually stop to give a thought to Conquest. If they decide Conquest is not for them they can do OPs and get gear that way. If neither is acceptable, they can just buy the gear from the GTN from players who did make it.

I heard a few folks say that "forcing conquest = the end of crafting", but that is not the case, since only endgame armor is affected by it. Nothing else at all will require it so crafting remains as accessible as ever :)

Edited by Faelandaea

Can you break down the crafting system into something I can understand?

Currently I make MK-10's (MK-8 in 4.0).

So, STEP 1:

A: Send companions out on missions to collect all 3 mats needed.

B: Go out in the world and collect the mats by hand.

I now have 1000 of each mat and I am ready to craft items.

So, Step 2:

I make 500 blaster rifles or chest guards and break them down to end up with 500 MK-10 components.

So Step 3:

I craft the 500 components into 50 MK-10 Augmentation Kits.

Q1: Do I need a conquest token for each of the 500 rifles or chest guards I currently make in step 2?

Q2: Do I need a conquest token for each component in step 3?

Q3: Do current MK-10's on my inventory become MK-8?

Q4: Do current MK-8's in my inventory become MK-6?

Q5: Probably the most important question that I have not seen is: Will COMPANION CRAFTING CRITS change at all in 4.0. Have you changed which companions crit for which crafting profession and how much they crit for?

Can some dev just put together a list of current stuff we make and how that process would be in 4.0.

Just pick the top 10 items your stats show get made/sold or something that crafters know.

Thx:)

Edited by Ishute

Can you break down the crafting system into something I can understand?

Currently I make MK-10's (MK-8 in 4.0).

So, STEP 1:

A: Send companions out on missions to collect all 3 mats needed.

B: Go out in the world and collect the mats by hand.

I now have 1000 of each mat and I am ready to craft items.

So, Step 2:

I make 500 blaster rifles or chest guards and break them down to end up with 500 MK-10 components.

So Step 3:

I craft the 500 components into 50 MK-10 Augmentation Kits.

Q1: Do I need a conquest token for each of the 500 rifles or chest guards I currently make in step 2?

Q2: Do I need a conquest token for each component in step 3?

Q3: Do current MK-10's on my inventory become MK-8?

Q4: Do current MK-8's in my inventory become MK-6?

Q5: Probably the most important question that I have not seen is: Will COMPANION CRAFTING CRITS change at all in 4.0. Have you changed which companions crit for which crafting profession and how much they crit for?

Can some dev just put together a list of current stuff we make and how that process would be in 4.0.

Just pick the top 10 items your stats show get made/sold or something that crafters know.

Thx:)

They gave you an example already.

Example: An Armormech crafter wants to craft a Grade 6 Chest Piece (Level 46). This is a Prototype (blue) quality armor and requires 4 Ciridium and 4 Durasteel Armor Assembly Components. The player will need 2 Durasteel, 2 Zal Alloy, and 2 Thermoplast Flux to craft each component. Once they have the 4 Components and 4 Ciridum from Underworld Trading, they will be able to craft their chest piece.

They gave you an example already.

Their quote only tells me I need a component for the rifle/chest but not what mats. The current MK10 mats or the current MK-8 mats?

People need to know what the process is for making these because EVERY player Imp/Rebel will be wanting 14 of them once they hit level 65 gear.

My questions are valid and important I believe because it effects every player.

If my inventory MK-10 become MK-8 in 4.0 then I can keep them but if not I need to dump them.

If my MK-8 stay as MK-8 then I should start making MK-8's now but if they become MK-6 then there is no point making them at the moment. I still need to know what the MK-8 mats in 4.0 are and the process to make them.

The process mats for making MK-8 in 4.0 should be made crystal clear for everyone right now. Not just for those who can figure it out for themselves or who are some how in the know.

I don't think it is fair for a select few who figure it all out to buy up all mats and so forth now and make the rest of us wait till it launches given every player and the market will be effected by it.

Right now Mk-8 are cheap and fast to make. If the current MK-8 stay MK-8 in 4.0 it will BREAK THE MARKET the very day 4.0 launches. Crafters will have made TOP END AUGMENTS with what is now low end mats and then put them on the market at HIGH END PRICES. While those who didn't exploit the change have to make the new MK-8's with the new HIGH END components and MATS. Just doesn't seem fair. Seem fair to you?

Only current MK-10's should be reduced to MK-8's because at least the crafters made them using current HIGH END MATS and wait times for crafting them and their components.

Edited by Ishute

Oof. This shafts me HARD.

My first character was a Sage Artificer (yeah, that was a slog). Artifice was useless as soon as I got my first +41 lvl 10 crystal. I sure do miss the primary color crystals since none of them are useful beyond level 9, and it'd be nice to change that at least. Removing enhancements as well? *** use is it then?

I did one character with Biochem and didn't see much point since I almost never needed medpacks or stims, and they were cheap to just buy. Seems like it got nerfed even more, so again, why bother?

But every other character has been Cybertech because it was so damn useful after accumulating so much custom gear. Now... Oof. Nearly useless. ***.

I've warmed somewhat to level sync, and most other changes seem fine, but this one hurts BADLY.

That's just terrible...how dare they make content relevant!

Oof. This shafts me HARD.

My first character was a Sage Artificer (yeah, that was a slog). Artifice was useless as soon as I got my first +41 lvl 10 crystal. I sure do miss the primary color crystals since none of them are useful beyond level 9, and it'd be nice to change that at least. Removing enhancements as well? *** use is it then?

I did one character with Biochem and didn't see much point since I almost never needed medpacks or stims, and they were cheap to just buy. Seems like it got nerfed even more, so again, why bother?

But every other character has been Cybertech because it was so damn useful after accumulating so much custom gear. Now... Oof. Nearly useless. ***.

I've warmed somewhat to level sync, and most other changes seem fine, but this one hurts BADLY.

Don't worry, they'll nerf it till the hurt goes away.

Well they are consolidating primary stats into Mastery and finally dropping the need for accuracy in PvE. So at least it's not all bad.

They aren't dropping accuracy, they are raising base accuracy of melee/ranged from 90% to the 100% of Force/Tech. You will still need 10% to cover the boss's defense. This only affects a few attacks (like your basic one).

Hello Nick,

Not trying to sound like a jerk here so I apologize if I do. So if you are reviewing the feedback, can we take it that your comment is acknowledgement that y'all screwed up and had a "Oh Crap!" moment?

I honestly rather have no changes than the changes you proposed. As I stated multiple times before, there was absolutely no feedback or acknowledgement of these changes until right before launch and the comments are very heavily against this change. Even in the crafting forum, I had a post in there asking for some update and not a single developer responded - and there was over 100 replies to the post and its been around for a few weeks. In your race to make changes, you even went so far as to tick off the legacy crafters in several major ways:

• No acknowledgement to the love and work put into crafting, especially people like me that have RE'd a ton of schematics all the way to purple.
  • You took a crap on the time and work we did to actually play your game and get our skills to max by making it where you buy a character and get max crafting.
  • There was no feedback or request for ideas for what we would like to see changed. We are the ones that do it, so you'd think we'd be the ones that know what the heck we are talking about.
  • In your quest to 'streamline' you made a complex system that I think will just drive people away than make it 'easier' since the added steps will require us to save 'parts' we make from 'components'.
  • The movement of mods, armor pieces, and enhancements will likely upset people that again, RE'd them (I did every moddable piece BTW - I did it because I wanted to be able to craft anything for my guild), and again forcing people to have to re-level their crafting.
  • No acknowledgement of the level of credits spent to level, acquire schematics, RE the items, and gather mats, not including the time investment. Think about the blowback you'd get if you opted to crap on items people bought on the CM - this is about the equivalent.

Here is my honest proposed solution:

1. Scrap the crafting changes.
  2. Make no changes in 4.0 to crafting. If needed, allow people to RE the Ops and merchant items for now.
  3. Open a thread in the crafting forum. Detail in there the proposed changes. Open it for discussion for each point. Also for a poll maybe - see what is popular and what is not so popular.
  4. Develop the changes with crafter and player involvement.
  5. Solicit changes crafters would like to see - For instance, the demand for stackables to be 999 is in high demand in the comments here.
  6. ADD to the game and the crafting mini-game. Don't take away. If you want to get more people into crafting, allow for more diversity in items - like silencers or scopes on guns, or hand guards on light sabers.
  7. Find ways to get players to cooperate in crafting. Like some end game gear requires parts from Armormech, Synthweave, and cybertech to complete the armor piece.
  8. Maybe get rid of the 20% RE aspect. Maybe raise to 50% or 100% should you choose - again get feedback to discuss.
  9. Side note - some items you raised are not bad ideas. Unfortunately as a whole it just destroys itself.

Hope that helps.

Blak

You could open a test server with the options to test stuff and see what happens... and it would help realise bugs before hand before launching

also enable like buttons on it make game play adaptable to player

Dont like merge of crit and surge, on some classes it is a nerf(auto crit classes) and will affect game play of them classes do yous make up for it?

Dont like merge of crit and surge, on some classes it is a nerf(auto crit classes) and will affect game play of them classes do yous make up for it?

We'll have to see the exact numbers, but they did try to take auto-crit abilities into account:

Generally an equal [Critical] rating prior to Fallen Empire will result in less critical hit chance and damage from before, but this is simplified by only having one rating.

I.e., under the hood it's still two separate values.

To ensure that Critical Hit Chance is never a wasted stat, any abilities that automatically critically hit now convert any Critical Hit beyond 100% into additional critical damage.

I.e. auto-crit abilities will convert one of those values into the other.

so let me get this straight:

We now have less stuff to craft. We can now craft it faster, we now have less options to buy on the market, resulting in more supply and no more demand. It appears that crafting will not be a viable option for building wealth in game any more. Looks to me like a way to drive more people to buy Cartel Market items.

With that said I completely agree with CountDiablos on the previous post. I myself have many characters and have reverse engineered many items in game. I spent a wad of cash doing it. There is nothing for us. NOTHING. Really I dont know who's brainchild this one is, but I am sincerely NOT happy about it. Also the ones you are going to upset are going to be us subscribers, not the prefered peeps.

Edited by Lorahlei
add feedback

So... BIOWARE...

Can I submit tickets now with screen shots of all my LEARNED Schematics you are going to delete?

I'd like them added to my character that can NOW craft them instead.

Deleting our hard work and not even migrating "LIKE or NEAR-LIKE" schematics to another character is just the wrong approach. A lot of time, materials, operations running and credits got spent getting all our schematics over the years. To have them wiped out without even moving them to Archives is just wrong on so many levels.

I want the option to level characters from 1-65 and need those schematics to craft items. I don't want to have to go RE a blue just to waste materials and get a purple schematic I had already.

So... BIOWARE...

Can I submit tickets now with screen shots of all my LEARNED Schematics you are going to delete?

I'd like them added to my character that can NOW craft them instead.

Deleting our hard work and not even migrating "LIKE or NEAR-LIKE" schematics to another character is just the wrong approach. A lot of time, materials, operations running and credits got spent getting all our schematics over the years. To have them wiped out without even moving them to Archives is just wrong on so many levels.

I want the option to level characters from 1-65 and need those schematics to craft items. I don't want to have to go RE a blue just to waste materials and get a purple schematic I had already.

They should just make scheme learned legacy learned, so long as you have toon with approiate skill you keep it, but that might be asking to much and there bound to be people that complain about that.

As my sig says...

PvPers: "Bioware people wont que for pvp! Make them pvp!!!!!!"

Bioware: -makes it so you have to pvp to get crafting mats- (pvp will be only viable [repeatable] way to get conquest points)

Pretty much this:

Bioware: "Yo dawg, I heard you like to craft! Ima make you PvP to craft!"

Edited by XiamaraSimi

Their quote only tells me I need a component for the rifle/chest but not what mats. The current MK10 mats or the current MK-8 mats?

People need to know what the process is for making these because EVERY player Imp/Rebel will be wanting 14 of them once they hit level 65 gear.

My questions are valid and important I believe because it effects every player.

If my inventory MK-10 become MK-8 in 4.0 then I can keep them but if not I need to dump them.

If my MK-8 stay as MK-8 then I should start making MK-8's now but if they become MK-6 then there is no point making them at the moment. I still need to know what the MK-8 mats in 4.0 are and the process to make them.

The process mats for making MK-8 in 4.0 should be made crystal clear for everyone right now. Not just for those who can figure it out for themselves or who are some how in the know.

I don't think it is fair for a select few who figure it all out to buy up all mats and so forth now and make the rest of us wait till it launches given every player and the market will be effected by it.

Right now Mk-8 are cheap and fast to make. If the current MK-8 stay MK-8 in 4.0 it will BREAK THE MARKET the very day 4.0 launches. Crafters will have made TOP END AUGMENTS with what is now low end mats and then put them on the market at HIGH END PRICES. While those who didn't exploit the change have to make the new MK-8's with the new HIGH END components and MATS. Just doesn't seem fair. Seem fair to you?

Only current MK-10's should be reduced to MK-8's because at least the crafters made them using current HIGH END MATS and wait times for crafting them and their components.

To match the above listed changes. Augments have been reduced to 8 tiers. The MK8 Augment Kit is now the highest Augment Kit. Existing MK9 and MK11 Kits will turn into MK8 when Fallen Empire launches.

Only MK-9 and MK-10 kits are changing, everything else is staying as is.

Not a fan of Reverse Engineering Story Mode to Hard Mode that comes with no set bonus, and really not a fan of Conquest points needed to craft. Would be more prudent to go with Reverse Engineering gear, then require component that are soul bound from weekly operation runs and High volume of crafting materials, in order to craft endgame wearing gear. You will limit the gear being crafted, but it will be true endgame gear and it'll cost.

If they are "forcing" us to PvP to get Conquest Points to use for crafting. Then I am done with that. Not a fan of PvP, and certainly not gonna being "forced" to do something I dislike just to craft.

Edited by Tgellan

God yes, stacks of 99 are just not enough. I have vaults full of supplies im at point I sell extras cause I just cant hold them. Bigger stacks would be awesome.

Well.. lucky we can them to these new "Modules" that use 2x2x2 in mats to create. (Needed for all the new schematics anyways)