Crafting Changes in Fallen Empire

TaitWatson

I think the big 'misses' for crafting in 4.0 are...

• No new materials nor an increased skill level - gear / level cap reset, skill cap / materials should have as well.
  • Schematics lost / changes to which skill crafts what (mods / enhancements / armorings).
  • Lack of 200 / 208 modifications and ears, implants, relics using crew skill materials (gathering / mission).
  • Removal of purple mission materials from schematics including end-game schematics (Doonium anyone).
  • Inclusion of purple slicing materials in end-game schematics (all the 216 / 220 stuff with Dark Matter).
  • Inclusion of blue slicing materials in schematics of all levels and all professions (its like the universal material).
  • Addition of 'assembly' items requiring more time and more materials to craft everything (2x mats over previous).

There are benefits as well including...

• Full mission list available - a bit underwhelming though as many mission materials serve little to no purpose.
  • Consolidation of materials by grade - many of which were infrequently used in any schematics.
  • Reduced mission times - again a bit underwhelming given how many mission materials are useless.
  • gathering changes - more materials for higher skill levels, harvest anything at skill level 1.
  • Ability to craft 220 / HM level items (both Ops RE and trainer RE).

Overall - I dislike the changes as they overshadow the improvements IMO, though a few changes could drastically change my perspective.

If they added the ability for players to craft 61+ basic items (200 / 208) using crew skill materials, matched the appropriate mission materials to crew skill / crafted items (e.g. purple artifice items use Midlithe, blue use Hiradu, purple Armstech items use Doonium, blue use Triminium, nothing but augments / deco kits use slicing materials), and restore all the schematics removed from players for no reason, I'd find the overall changes a positive.

But take away a bunch of schematics, make baffling changes removing the need for many mission materials while sticking slicing mats in every schematics, and not add basic 61+ modifications, ears, implants, and relics using crew skill materials, and we get the mess called crafting in 4.0.

• Replies 705
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the big 'misses' for crafting in 4.0 are...

• No new materials nor an increased skill level - gear / level cap reset, skill cap / materials should have as well.
  • Schematics lost / changes to which skill crafts what (mods / enhancements / armorings).
  • Lack of 200 / 208 modifications and ears, implants, relics using crew skill materials (gathering / mission).
  • Removal of purple mission materials from schematics including end-game schematics (Doonium anyone).
  • Inclusion of purple slicing materials in end-game schematics (all the 216 / 220 stuff with Dark Matter).
  • Inclusion of blue slicing materials in schematics of all levels and all professions (its like the universal material).
  • Addition of 'assembly' items requiring more time and more materials to craft everything (2x mats over previous).

There are benefits as well including...

• Full mission list available - a bit underwhelming though as many mission materials serve little to no purpose.
  • Consolidation of materials by grade - many of which were infrequently used in any schematics.
  • Reduced mission times - again a bit underwhelming given how many mission materials are useless.
  • gathering changes - more materials for higher skill levels, harvest anything at skill level 1.
  • Ability to craft 220 / HM level items (both Ops RE and trainer RE).

Overall - I dislike the changes as they overshadow the improvements IMO, though a few changes could drastically change my perspective.

If they added the ability for players to craft 61+ basic items (200 / 208) using crew skill materials, matched the appropriate mission materials to crew skill / crafted items (e.g. purple artifice items use Midlithe, blue use Hiradu, purple Armstech items use Doonium, blue use Triminium, nothing but augments / deco kits use slicing materials), and restore all the schematics removed from players for no reason, I'd find the overall changes a positive.

But take away a bunch of schematics, make baffling changes removing the need for many mission materials while sticking slicing mats in every schematics, and not add basic 61+ modifications, ears, implants, and relics using crew skill materials, and we get the mess called crafting in 4.0.

100% on target!

I must say I like the crafting changes. Before Knights of the Fallen Empire I crafted only sporadically, but with it being easier and less expensive to get rolling I do a lot of it. Since data crystal vendors only sell green gear anymore, but you get the blue schematic without reverse engineering, low and mid-level stuff are easily crafted and actually better than the normal stuff.

Of course you don't need all this stuff anymore. But there are situations where good gear helps, such as a tactical flashpoint and a lot of people simply want to have their characters well equipped every now and then.

I find it particularly convenient that grade 216 main hand weapons can be crafted without engaging in high end content, such as operations. You need to do a few flashpoints and fulfil your personal conquest goals and then you got the resources you need to create one.

• 2 months later...
:( Just took the time to actually stare at the crafting changes. Did anyone ask the players and the crafters what THEY wanted? After all, we pay to play. Basically my Artifice is obsolete. I made her to do enhancements with - nothing else. You took away her recipes and did nothing to reimburse me for all the thousands of credits I spent learning all those enhancements. I really don't want to level up other crafters. I really don't want to craft anymore period,

I craft for credits. It helps to have more credits. In my opinion. It helps to take advantage of what the makers did. I don't go to GTN. I use a Med Droid. Remember, There screw up is our advantage. Or in a humorous point: Their screw up is our cheat lol. <----lol

All of this whining about crafting is made by people who exploit crafting as a means to get more and more credits.

In my opinion, crafting in SWTOR was never meant to be that.

When I'm going to craft things that "sell well", then I'm rather going to hide that from the GTN and give it only friends - because someone at the GTN will buy it and then resell it for an much more expensive price.

And I don't support that. I'd rather hide my stuff and give it only to friends, then.

Well Said Well Said: ------>Princess_Chibi View Post

"Exploit crafting as a means to get more and more credits"....you mean, like what the crafting professions exist for? The entire purpose of crafting is to supply the player base with materials while turning a virtual currency profit.

but in all i just dont think black/black dyes or any think like Crystals for Lightsabers shouldn't be 8 mil... thats just wrong... but this is a good thread[/color][/size]

Edited by MikeRindos