Crafting Changes in Fallen Empire

TaitWatson

• Replies 705
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Again: I strongly suggest that due to these changes you make a system where, for at least one month after the release of 4.0. players can trade in their current skills at 500 for any other skill and also have it at 500. You are stripping from players hours and hours as well as tens of thousands of credits spent, earning RE'd schematics. You are instead taking every player who has put time into crafting and making them equal to someone who logs in for the first time and makes their free level 60.

At the very least you need to _strip_ crafting skills entirely from New 60's/Purchased 60's. Crafting was not necessary to reach level 60. So why should it be granted free to a 'new' level 60?

But more 'kind' to your players would be to automatically grant level 500 in any skill they purchase as long as the skill they just 'unpurchased' was at 500 as well.

I think you could come up with a rough equivalent system that 'counts' the number of RE's schematics a player has and assign them a number of RE'd schematics in the new system roughly equalto what they had prior. Even if its just 'randomly' assigned this puts the player in a roughly equal position to where they were before the changes YOU made without any input from the player base. I kow that I RE's hundreds and hundreds of blue Implants to try to get all the purple/Artifact quality implants. All of my work is now 'stolen' from me and I am equal to some schlep who just logged in for the first time and picked their free level 60 instead of actually playing the game.

... Just on Yavin 4 alone the average player makes 1 mil per hour just running around doing their dailies.

Tell me your secret on how to make a million, please. Running the dailies, all the bonuses, the weeklies, and selling all the drops gave me 206,138 credits.

suggestion for crafting bioware: as you now have legacy storage and all that, it would be a great quality of life improvement if you were to somehow allow us to access all characters crafting menu's from whatever character we are on without having to switch characters. and maybe even (and this is a stretch) deposit whatever is crafted into the legacy storage. but the first one i would really like to see happen. the 2nd one. is just an afterthought.

Possibly, but the OP said just doing dailies. My total included a couple of slicing nodes when they popped near me.

I don't know why people make outlandish claims about credit gains from dailies. I ground a bunch of them a while back because I got a bug about wanting the monocycle; the daily mission zones each returned around 100-200k depending on the value of the mob drops, and the weekly typically added around 50K. (I say around because I am never that good about tracking my credit total in less than 100K chunks).

Yesterday I started the lengthy process of dropping Biochem on my alts and picking up gathering and mission skills instead, since there will be no point in having more than one Biochem crafter. When I saw my husband I thought I had better warn him he was losing his reuseables. He doesn't play often and I had been looking forward to doing high level content with him when he gets his free 60. His reaction was "Eff that. I'm unsubing." I talked him into keeping his sub to get the speeder. I am hoping he will at least try out the expansion with me. I was very surprised by his reaction and it makes me nervous for how 4.0 will be received across the board.

If there was an imbalance in the distribution of crafting skills, that is a justification for rebalancing. The crafting skills are supposed to be nominally equally valuable, so that you would expect the crafting skills to be equally distributed.

Gathering skills I wouldn't expect to be equally distributed, because of the way certain gathering skills feed multiple crafting skills - all other things being equal, I would absolutely expect to see more Underworld Trading than any other premium collecting skill, for example.

I agree... the new 60's shouldn't get a free 500 points in EVERY one of the three. How many of us had to level the old fashioned way on EVERY TOON.

Same argument could be applied to the L60 in general - how much time and effort was spent on levelling to 60? The pre-made L60 is an off-the-rack, fully-capable, L60 as though they had played through the "canon" storyline. They "did the grind" for levelling, they "did the grind" for crafting.

Probably selling mats on GTW, or he's got slicing. One of the two

Selling mats from nodes, yes.. And I forgot that in my post, sorry - but yeah doing dailies on Yavin, and if you have gathering - any gathering just swing by whatever nodes pop near you, and it rakes in quite a bit. Yes, it makes me take longer to do my dailies, because to me a node is like this:

"Die, mob! Die! Feel the wrath of my ... oooh shiny object! ... ~runs and gets node~ .. now w.t.f. was I doing? And why is this mob hitting me?"

"Die, mob! Die! Feel the wrath of my ... oooh shiny object! ... ~runs and gets node~ .. now w.t.f. was I doing? And why is this mob hitting me?"

Isn't that what tank comps are for? "Hold on, I gotta get the shiny. Don't complain, I'll be back with some healing, I promise!"

What do Artiface craft that people want?

For those that can craft Magenta and Cyan stat'd crystals people want, getting the components to do it won't be a soloable affair anymore.

They've taken away enhancements and given them to cybertech... because they took armorning away from cybertech to give to other classes.

So again.. what do we artiface craft?

Edited by SirUrza

What do Artiface craft that people want?

For those that can craft Magenta and Cyan stat'd crystals people want, getting the components to do it won't be a soloable affair anymore.

They've taken away enhancements and given them to cybertech... because they took armorning away from cybertech to give to other classes.

So again.. what do we artiface craft?

That's a really good question. Shame they haven't answered it

That's a really good question. Shame they haven't answered it

Oh I can answer it...

Artiface don't....

....get new crystals because bioware sells them.

....get new dyes because bioware sells them.

....get new relics because.

That leaves artiface with what? Hilts. Ok I see what they did there, they're making sure all the crafter can craft a piece for mod armor. But people need A LOT more armorings and enhancements then they do Hilts.

So the artiface can craft is hilts, while all the other classes can craft augments, augment kits, and some piece of the armor set. Some of those classes can even craft implants, ears, and consumables.

While artiface can only craft hilts.

Time to remove artiface from the game and give those characters a free 500 crafting choice.

Edited by SirUrza

They're making a complete mess of crafting in 4.0, shafting players who've made long-term decisions about crafting skills based on what those skills have done for four years now, and have the gall to insult the players by calling this complete shuffle "rebalancing".

They're making a complete mess of crafting in 4.0, shafting players who've made long-term decisions about crafting skills based on what those skills have done for four years now, and have the gall to insult the players by calling this complete shuffle "rebalancing".

Indeed.. I'm glad I'm working on my last crewskill now (investigation) but I feel bad for everyone that doesn't have one of everything already.

I look at all these changes,and what i almost see is a trimming down of the size and scope of what the game engine needs. It almost seems to me like this was done,so that after all the chapters are done,they can switch this game to an newer better engine,that they have been working on. to me this seems to be getting more bland of a game.

This new gear requires a new Crafting material that can only be acquired by completing your personal Conquest goals.

This means at least for me my chars will be mostly gathers,I really dont like the Conquest and maybe only do 1 out of 10 weeks.(no i will not buy them on the market)

And in full disclosure I re-subbed yesterday for 1 month to see how the game is now and will be with the new expansion. after 30 days i most likely will unsub, as 1 month costs about the price of a deluxe pizza,not to big of a waste

Edited by MadHobbit

Oh I can answer it...

Artiface don't....

....get new crystals because bioware sells them.

....get new dyes because bioware sells them.

....get new relics because.

That leaves artiface with what? Hilts. Ok I see what they did there, they're making sure all the crafter can craft a piece for mod armor. But people need A LOT more armorings and enhancements then they do Hilts.

So the artiface can craft is hilts, while all the other classes can craft augments, augment kits, and some piece of the armor set. Some of those classes can even craft implants, ears, and consumables.

While artiface can only craft hilts.

Time to remove artiface from the game and give those characters a free 500 crafting choice.

Huh? Artifice got new versions of all those things in recent updates ( 3.0 I believe it was ) along with when other skills got there new schems.

So stat wise there are relics from drops ( possibly comms, wait n see ) and re'd trainer relics ( again wait n see how these stack up against other tiers that are craftable ), hilts, assumedly OH/MH with fixed stats for this conquest gear ( assume is the key word here, they didn't say we couldn't ) and less.

New crystals or dyes ... who knows but there are quite a lot available right now ( and people can still RE other crystals to get the schems ) as it is.

Still I would have preferred they removed OH/Relics instead of enhancements but it is what it is.

What are "personal Conquest goals?"

Yea thats my question too.

What Are Personal Conquest Goals?

Is it, New content? PvP? Planetary Conquest? Group? Story Mode? Hard Mode? Opps?

What is it??

Please define what Personal Conquest Goals means....

What are "personal Conquest goals?"

Is it, New content? PvP? Planetary Conquest? Group? Story Mode? Hard Mode? Opps?

What is it??

The activities that get points each week are listed on the Conquest tab of the mission/journal window. Whenever you do these activities, you get personal Conquest points for the character that did the activity. Any and all of your characters that meet the personal goal (most are 35K points, but they range from 25K-50K) get what is listed (it's been a while since I ran these, and I'm not online at the moment, but IIRC it's a token for some credits, a crafting mat deco, and some green and blue jawa vendor tokens).

If you are in a guild, your guild gets a point for every point you earn. If your guild has invaded a planet (requires a guild ship), and your guild places in the top 10 for that planet, all of your characters that made their personal goal get the guild rewards (more money, mat decos, and tokens for purple mats at the Jawa vendor).

In 4.0, the devs said that most weeks will be reduced to 25K points for the personal goal (making it easier to reach on more characters). The Conquest mats will be tied to the personal goal, so even if your guild doesn't have a ship, or if your guild doesn't place in the top 10, or you aren't in a guild, you can get the mats.

Edited by eartharioch

What is it??

On your mission box, there is a tab called Conquest. Click it sometimes. Basically, there is a competition going on every week to conquer 3+ planets. A guild with a flagship is needed to conquer a planet and get guild rewards.

Guilds gain points via their members completing the tasks for that week's conquest. For example, one task may be to "Complete a heroic mission on Belsavis". If you do that, you'll get some number of points. Those points count for two things:

PERSONAL GOAL - This is how many points you personally accumulate. You don't have to be in a guild to accumulate conquest points, but depending on what planet a guild is trying to win, there can be bonuses.

GUILD TOTAL - This is the sum of all points earned by guild members.

Your personal goal has a minimum limit for rewards. It's normally 35,000 (which is being lowered to 20,000). As soon as you earn 20,000 points in 4.0, you will immediately be awarded your Personal Conquest Goal rewards.

Right now that's:

A 25,000 credit chip (can be sold for 25,000 credits)

15 green jawa scraps

10 blue jawa scraps

3 crafting decorations

In 4,0, they are adding the crafting piece to that.

So stat wise there are relics from drops ( possibly comms, wait n see ) and re'd trainer relics ( again wait n see how these stack up against other tiers that are craftable ), hilts, assumedly OH/MH with fixed stats for this conquest gear ( assume is the key word here, they didn't say we couldn't ) and less.

They said in the crafting bog that you can't RE into raid quality relics.

Edited by SirUrza