Crafting Changes in Fallen Empire

TaitWatson

As mentioned several times - all of the time, effort and credits already spent on schematics and unlocks will have been wasted.

And again. Nothing is going away. You can still craft everything you could previously craft (minus three obsolete schematics and two items moved to another crew skill) from the legacy tab in your crafting skill window. This is nothing else than another expansion full of new schematics to learn. If you feel like crafting worse green-colored gear instead of the new better stuff, then you are still more than able to do so from the legacy tab.

Why even bother? This is like reading Goethe to a brickwall. You know it doesn't understand, but you can't do anything. You're just that crazy to do it.

Nothing is going away! You can still craft most of the old armor shells and stuff from the legacy dropdown menue in your crew skill. This is no new business. Happened in SoR and RotHC. New schematics to learn are added, old ones remain, it is just that most of the old ones aren't as relevant as they used to be.

People read way too much into two items being removed. They seem to think their whole old schematic book is being deleted.

Edited by Alssaran

• Replies 705
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do you hate us max Artificers Bioware. Please give us something to make the craft more viable. Maybe speeder paint? Craft (breed) animal mounts/companions? Allow us to make augment kits? Something...anything to take the place of enhancements.

And again. Nothing is going away. You can still craft everything you could previously craft (minus three obsolete schematics and two items moved to another crew skill) from the legacy tab in your crafting skill window.

People read way too much into two items being removed. They seem to think their whole old schematic book is being deleted.

UM.. they are being deleted (That point was pretty clear by BW) and NOT going to Archives. If you learned all the Enhancements on your Artificer (Like 27, 30, 31, 34, etc) you are NOT getting like versions added to your Cybertech (Mastery versions). They are NOT moving them to archieves on the Artificer and nothing has been mentioned about us getting what we have learned converts into schematics we can ADD to our Cybertech that have been already learned.

SO.. that either means 1) Go get the new BLUE for levels 1-60 and RE to get PURPLE or 2) Pack Sand crafter you don't even get that. WHY would someone even want OLDER items? To LEVEL up the old fashioned way. Lots of people still will be leveling w/o buying an instant 60 character.

SO.. that either means 1) Go get the new BLUE for levels 1-60 and RE to get PURPLE or 2) Pack Sand crafter you don't even get that. WHY would someone even want OLDER items? To LEVEL up the old fashioned way. Lots of people still will be leveling w/o buying an instant 60 character.

And here's the thing: I don't buy instant level 60 characters either. I level the old fashioned way. But due to the increase inflation of low level mods (27,30) it is impossible to buy any enhancement to fully upgrade a character from the GTN. I can go to the basic commendations vendor and buy enhancements for barely 2 commendations a piece.

The commendations you listed are completely useless for the current game. What really mattersis the new high end enhancements. Unlocking those is a given.

I'm crafting on six toons constantly and I've not sold a single enhancement which is less than level 60 in two months. They are effectively removing stuff that doesn't sell either way and is only cluttering the crew skill window. That's what I meant with "three obsolete schematics". They are not taking stuff away from the relevant levels, since you can get good augments for leveling your character in the supply section.

That's why this is not a big deal. You will work for the enhancements that really sell just like you did with any previous expansion. They just remove the unnecessary levels (everything below 61). This is like removing Burning Crusade gems in WoD. Are they removing something? As I said, two or three obsolete schematics. Is that stuff in any way important or a good money maker? No. Because nobody needs to use it and probably won't.

The enhancements you listed don't get "deleted" because stuff should be taken away. They are taken away because 12xXP has made them obsolete. Even without that you'll still have enough basic commendations to buy the stuff while leveling without turning to the GTN.

I'm crafting on six toons constantly and I've not sold a single enhancement which is less than level 60 in two months.

Oddly enough, I keep selling purple item modifications of every kind, including enhancements, on a daily basis. (And the enhancements sell better than dyes.) Your experience isn't the universal player/crafter experience (personally, I don't bother with high level crafting because stuff sells for barely more than the raw materials it's made of, might as well just sell the mats) and to say they're worthless and can be deleted just because you don't make any money off them resp. have any use for them is a pretty... well, ****** attitude.

Hey, team! Long time no see :jawa_smile:

A lot of great questions here. I'll pass along some clarification from the Developers, regarding the endgame crafting portion of this blog:

Hope that helps -- keep the feedback coming!

Best,

Nick

Still looking for an answer about what is going to happen to the stronghold decoration harvesting nodes for the mats that are getting converted, many of which have unique models which it would be a shame to lose.

Still looking for an answer about what is going to happen to the stronghold decoration harvesting nodes for the mats that are getting converted, many of which have unique models which it would be a shame to lose.

If i had to guess, they will end up static unclickables. Given that i use lots of the diaph. color crystals, and the Toxic whatever it us biochem node as flora and accentuating color decor, i would be really upset if they just removed them entirely.

(No taking away my decorative colored crystals and purple pigtail plants, your already trying to take Marr fro me, leave me pretty things to look at at least 😠)

Edited by XiamaraSimi

This is all in line with BW's pvp mentality: Its more important to have fast pvp pops then it is important that the players pvping are actually having fun.

Who knows, maybe they will do the same for PvE sooner or later, and then we will in fact see pvp items dropping and a bunch of unhappy PvPers queuing up in groupfinder with no clue about tactics etc - just like PvErs queueing for warzones.

This is quite a good post.

Today , 08:02 AM | #358

Ok, I got it.

You wants us to leave this game.

You just want new .. lets say.. simpler... people who wont know how interesting and complex this game was.

You removing everything we love. Instead of it, you inventing something we hate already.

You removing things we farmed with great efforts and giving it for newbies just for free.

Did we really deserved it?

And when you will FIX OLD BUGS INSTEAD OF MAKING NEW ONES?

Wow. I agree 100 percent...

This game is NOT for longtime players. And the lack of careless attention to player needs speaks for it self...

Until we un-sub, were actually feeding them... Not to mention the terrible gambling-like drug of the cartel market...

I will atleast try out 4.0. If I cant stand it, I will leave...

Hello Bioware. I dont post often, but these 4.0 changes leave me with some questions/comments.

(1) Do crafting professions loose all of the purple recipes they learned if that particular type of item will no longer be craftable? ie. my Artificer knowing the rating 186 level 56 purple enhancement or my Snyth knowing a level 60 purple strength/willpower augment (which should convert to mastery)

(2) What will Artificers gain in 4.0 when they loose the ability to craft Enhancements? Cybertechs lost Amorings but gained Enhancements.

(3) Removal the usuable stims/medpacks is annoying and sad, but I will cope with it. It was nice to run around doing random things with a small boost on Biochem toons. Of course I would still use real current level stims for HM Ops.

(4) "All unlocked Crew Skill Missions are now fully visible and no longer randomized. Archaeology Crystals now grant Fragments and Crystals in addition to Color Crystals. " Awesome news for both! No more switching Strongholds to find the mission you want.

(5) Will the removed mats be changed into a same grade mat? And will mats grade 8+ all turn into grade 8 mats, the new highest rating? For example, both Mass Manipulation Generator and Matter Transubstantiator are higher than grade 8, so they should both convert to the same relative grade 8 mat? The new mat that drops in Ops? The only reason I'm confused is your chart says "Grade 7: Level 51-55: 400-450 and Grade 8: Level 55+: 450-500" Which grade is level 55? Is grade 8 level 56+ instead?

As a final note, I didnt think crafting itself was complicated currently... only the large plethora of mats might have been slight confusion to new players.

unmoddable end game gear? Jesu bioware what is this, 1.0?

Keep in mind that is just first of a couple versions of gear. You go BLUE > Purple unmod (SM), > Purple unmod (HM) and THEN can get SM Mod gear / HM Mod gear. So it's a gradual increase in gearing.

Unless you have 204 from Monolith and go straight to HM content and get gear that way. LOL Then its a waste of time and useless since the primary crafting ingredient will be unobtainable for a month.. :eek:

Heya BioWare,

About the Droid Parts that you are removing because only Companions can be Droids currently. Can you PLEASE just move them to the Archive Section. After all, in 3 or 4 expansions or so, you may consider allowing us to create a Droid Main Character, and then these Schematics could be used in place of Armor for us.

After all, General Grievious was mostly a droid (Actually a Cyborg), and he is a Canon Movie Character. So it is NOT unthinkable to have Main Characters that are mostly droid be able to use these Schematics.

Just something to think about. After all, while these schematics are going to become worthless, they may not remain that way forever...

Keep in mind that is just first of a couple versions of gear. You go BLUE > Purple unmod (SM), > Purple unmod (HM) and THEN can get SM Mod gear / HM Mod gear. So it's a gradual increase in gearing.

Unless you have 204 from Monolith and go straight to HM content and get gear that way. LOL Then its a waste of time and useless since the primary crafting ingredient will be unobtainable for a month.. :eek:

More like run bolstered SM Ops and HM FPs while leveling (they are now bolstered for level 50-65 players) for set bonus modular SM gear / SM equivalent gear then run HMs / NiMs at 65 for HM / NiM set bonus modular gear.

No one I know is going to spend the credits or time to craft non-modular (and thus non-legacy / not usable by alts) gear, certainly not as part of a gearing path.

Now if this stuff were legacy bound, it would have real value.

Ears and implants might be useful depending on the stats and how quickly one obtains SM+ level ones from ops and HMs, but the fixed stat / non-legacy armor and weapons will be totally useless to players with lots of alts and / or running ops and HM FPs.

For newer players not running Ops and with few alts, these might be great items to continue progressing their characters gear - but even then I'd recommend they simply run the bolstered SM operations for what will most likely be easier to obtain and better stat gear.

Edited by DawnAskham

Heya BioWare,

About the Droid Parts that you are removing because only Companions can be Droids currently. Can you PLEASE just move them to the Archive Section. After all, in 3 or 4 expansions or so, you may consider allowing us to create a Droid Main Character, and then these Schematics could be used in place of Armor for us.

After all, General Grievious was mostly a droid (Actually a Cyborg), and he is a Canon Movie Character. So it is NOT unthinkable to have Main Characters that are mostly droid be able to use these Schematics.

Just something to think about. After all, while these schematics are going to become worthless, they may not remain that way forever...

Since the droid parts don't have models, I don't see how this helps even if we do get droid characters? (Which I can't see us getting)

It honestly seems like everything not immediately available o F2P players is getting trashed. Every aspect of the game that has benefits to subs is getting dumped on. I guess the monthly sub fee pales in comparison to the megabuck a the cartel Dollie dress up market brings in so why not take a crap on the losers that only pay $15/mo

More like run bolstered SM Ops and HM FPs while leveling (they are now bolstered for level 50-65 players) for set bonus modular SM gear / SM equivalent gear then run HMs / NiMs at 65 for HM / NiM set bonus modular gear.

No one I know is going to spend the credits or time to craft non-modular (and thus non-legacy / not usable by alts) gear, certainly not as part of a gearing path.

Now if this stuff were legacy bound, it would have real value.

Ears and implants might be useful depending on the stats and how quickly one obtains SM+ level ones from ops and HMs, but the fixed stat / non-legacy armor and weapons will be totally useless to players with lots of alts and / or running ops and HM FPs.

For newer players not running Ops and with few alts, these might be great items to continue progressing their characters gear - but even then I'd recommend they simply run the bolstered SM operations for what will most likely be easier to obtain and better stat gear.

^^This. Exactly this.

204 will probably be entry level craftable mods, possibly even below what will be craftable at entry level.

9 Ops that any serious raider had already cleared and knows the tacts to to get first SM gear and then HM gear token drops. Considering the number of alts that most serious raiders already have to speed up the gearing grind, and given the new target rich environment, running ops is going to be the simplest and fastest way to gear. As it is, assuming that I can buy comms gear initially, I will have a full set of whatever gear Radiant crystals can buy for each of my mains in 4.0 as soon as they hit level. Given legacy gear, that will be passed around to alts until it is min/maxed and full set bonus, and given 9 ops... that should take a couple of weeks at best.

IF crafters could immediately craft SM lvl mods, then crafting might be viable. Unfortunately with everything that has come out since Tait's first post, sadly it seems clear that crafting is most likely going to be as useless, if not more, as it was in 3.x.

Edited by Khiriath

I imagine HM crafted non modded gear would be superior to SM modded gear though without the set bonus of course.

How it all works in with comm gear since we have 3 levels of comms will be interesting.

Having the craftable ops tier gear be non-moddable, non-legacy, and non-set bonus makes it DOA. Who's actually going to waste their time, credits, and effort on something that can't even be upgraded?

Heaps of people if the cost isn't to prohibitive - that will be telling the factor. If a whole week of conquest yields you 1-2 mats and means you can craft 1-2 armour pieces then yes it's DOA.

Of course if only a couple of crafting skills can make all these items it narrows it down even further. At least mods were spread over a few more crafting skills.

keep the feedback coming!

Best,

Nick

Hello Nick,

Not trying to sound like a jerk here so I apologize if I do. So if you are reviewing the feedback, can we take it that your comment is acknowledgement that y'all screwed up and had a "Oh Crap!" moment?

I honestly rather have no changes than the changes you proposed. As I stated multiple times before, there was absolutely no feedback or acknowledgement of these changes until right before launch and the comments are very heavily against this change. Even in the crafting forum, I had a post in there asking for some update and not a single developer responded - and there was over 100 replies to the post and its been around for a few weeks. In your race to make changes, you even went so far as to tick off the legacy crafters in several major ways:

• No acknowledgement to the love and work put into crafting, especially people like me that have RE'd a ton of schematics all the way to purple.
  • You took a crap on the time and work we did to actually play your game and get our skills to max by making it where you buy a character and get max crafting.
  • There was no feedback or request for ideas for what we would like to see changed. We are the ones that do it, so you'd think we'd be the ones that know what the heck we are talking about.
  • In your quest to 'streamline' you made a complex system that I think will just drive people away than make it 'easier' since the added steps will require us to save 'parts' we make from 'components'.
  • The movement of mods, armor pieces, and enhancements will likely upset people that again, RE'd them (I did every moddable piece BTW - I did it because I wanted to be able to craft anything for my guild), and again forcing people to have to re-level their crafting.
  • No acknowledgement of the level of credits spent to level, acquire schematics, RE the items, and gather mats, not including the time investment. Think about the blowback you'd get if you opted to crap on items people bought on the CM - this is about the equivalent.

Here is my honest proposed solution:

1. Scrap the crafting changes.
  2. Make no changes in 4.0 to crafting. If needed, allow people to RE the Ops and merchant items for now.
  3. Open a thread in the crafting forum. Detail in there the proposed changes. Open it for discussion for each point. Also for a poll maybe - see what is popular and what is not so popular.
  4. Develop the changes with crafter and player involvement.
  5. Solicit changes crafters would like to see - For instance, the demand for stackables to be 999 is in high demand in the comments here.
  6. ADD to the game and the crafting mini-game. Don't take away. If you want to get more people into crafting, allow for more diversity in items - like silencers or scopes on guns, or hand guards on light sabers.
  7. Find ways to get players to cooperate in crafting. Like some end game gear requires parts from Armormech, Synthweave, and cybertech to complete the armor piece.
  8. Maybe get rid of the 20% RE aspect. Maybe raise to 50% or 100% should you choose - again get feedback to discuss.
  9. Side note - some items you raised are not bad ideas. Unfortunately as a whole it just destroys itself.

Hope that helps.

Blak

Edited by Blakinik
List was bleeped up