Crafting Changes in Fallen Empire

TaitWatson

Outfit designer not working with Main Hand an Off hand. Would people be stuck using standard looking weapons until they're lucky in some HM op?.

It was never meant to work with those slots. Most weapons people choose to use now are adaptive, so toss on what looks best for you and just apply the mods of your choice.

• Replies 705
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will arms tech and artifice have hilts and barrels learned from the trainer that can be RE'd to endgame equivalents as well? (Or perhaps non-moddable light sabers and guns similar to what other crafters are getting)

I'm going to add my name to the "I think these changes are stupid" list.

I'm mostly a casual player but have max crafting in each craft class. I'm not rich by any means. I don't play the market (GTN). I craft mainly for myself and friends.

If BW is insistent on making these crack-head changes, I think they should remove the training cost of the schematics. As mentioned several times - all of the time, effort and credits already spent on schematics and unlocks will have been wasted.

I've been around since closed beta and have seen a lot of - what I consider - stupid things. But these new changes coming... I don't know. These changes just may be the straw that breaks this camel's back.

Of the three articles, this one is probably the least....well-received.

Lots of players take crafting seriously, to the point i might consider it clinically obsessive. still, i think you guys may have been a tad over-zealous in the changes.

Just my opinion though, not a crafter myself.

... I think they should remove the training cost of the schematics.

This post doesn't say, but in the livestream and at least one other place, they've implied that as you level the crafting skill up you get the schematics without having to visit trainers. Not directly stated, though. They have said the "advanced crew training" is going away. The Dulfy summary of the livestream says "Crafting cap is still at 500. There are no more tiers (i..e having to train every 75). You get everything from the beginning." and that's an accurate summation of the thestream from what I recall seeing in the stream. That's an awfully vague statement, though

Ok, I got it.

You wants us to leave this game.

You just want new .. lets say.. simpler... people who wont know how interesting and complex this game was.

You removing everything we love. Instead of it, you inventing something we hate already.

You removing things we farmed with great efforts and giving it for newbies just for free.

Did we really deserved it?

And when you will FIX OLD BUGS INSTEAD OF MAKING NEW ONES?

Ok, I got it.

You wants us to leave this game.

You just want new .. lets say.. simpler... people who wont know how interesting and complex this game was.

You removing everything we love. Instead of it, you inventing something we hate already.

You removing things we farmed with great efforts and giving it for newbies just for free.

Did we really deserved it?

And when you will FIX OLD BUGS INSTEAD OF MAKING NEW ONES?

Sometimes people say things I've been thinking for a very long time and have never voiced (or only very carefully wrapped) and it's such a relief and at the same time also kind of sad to see I'm not alone with my impression. :(

I wholeheartedly agree with the above statement, even though my head is fully aware of the fact that player / customer bases change and businesses have to adjust and eventually I will have to accept that the adjustments no longer align with my interests and pushed me off that base.

Hey, team! Long time no see :jawa_smile:

A lot of great questions here. I'll pass along some clarification from the Developers, regarding the endgame crafting portion of this blog:

"There will be two new endgame purple mats:

• Conquest Mat called “Strategic Resource Matrix”.

• Operation Mat called “Dark Matter Catalyst”.

The Conquest Mat can only be acquired by completing your personal conquest goal.

The Operation Mat can only be acquired by killing bosses in Operations.

The Conquest Mat is used to craft Endgame equivalent gear. This gear is initially trainable from your trainer. You can then reverse engineer it to Storymode-equivalent gear, and again to Hardmode-equivalent gear.

• This gear is un-moddable, Bind-on-Equip, and slightly better than the gear found on the vendors.

• Mods and Relics cannot be crafted.

The Operation Mat is used to craft raid gear and mods. This gear requires you to acquire the raid item first to reverse engineer.

• Only Mods, Relics, Implants, and Earpieces can be crafted with this material.

• Unlike previous versions, the empty raid shells are not reverse engineerable."

Hope that helps -- keep the feedback coming!

Best,

Nick

No help really since you have a broken conquest system which negates obtaining these mats to get the "better than vendor gear". Good job beating around that bush of the broken conquest system that will be turned off for a month+. At least the easy to craft gear won't be better than token pieces. That's the only thing I'm glad to see out of this post. Other than that, just more spew about a system that can't even be used at 4.0 launch due to shutdown of Conquest. #failsystem

Edited by LegionAlpha

When a game is expanded is usually means it is adding to the content.

This seems not to be an expansion but a whole different game with all the changes.

I am still upset about galaxies doing this crap years ago.

What the Heck, should sell all the items off to a vendor day before expansion or are they taking away credits also.

No help really since you have a broken conquest system which negates obtaining these mats to get the "better than vendor gear". Good job beating around that bush of the broken conquest system that will be turned off for a month+. At least the easy to craft gear won't be better than token pieces. That's the only thing I'm glad to see out of this post. Other than that, just more spew about a system that can't even be used at 4.0 launch due to shutdown of Conquest. #failsystem

Edit: Ok, a quick google search later makes my post really stupid. Wow...

Edited by Kaos_KidSWTOR

or are they taking away credits also.

They need to at least find some way to control the flow of credits into the game. It;s one of the reasons gold spammers are so abundant in this game. Credits are so abundant that it's nuts. I constantly have to search the GTN to try to find something that interests me that i do not already have so I can ditch some credits. Just on Yavin 4 alone the average player makes 1 mil per hour just running around doing their dailies.

I'll check the feedback area and see if this has been suggested. If not I'll post it there.

Edited by Faelandaea

I agree the credit farmers are a problem.

I think they could have spent more time figuring out how to do this without taking away from the content that I spent a lot of time and REAL MONEY on.

However I read other posts and agree they are dumbing down the game.

If they wanted to get more 12 years old to play then they should have made an entirely new game.

It does feel like we are getting a new game.

Its feeling a lot like Dragon Age 2 where companions gear was dumbed down, the content was dumbed down, the abilities and combat was dumbed down with nearly fight having more enemies just falling from the sky.

It seems the new target demographic is for children wit the hope that they are kept for a month steal mommies credit card buy lots of gambling boxes and then leave before finding out what little end game content there is. And so to this end every system in the game is simplified so an IQ sub 50 can fully understand it and play away.

I think this maybe the wrong approach.

Hey, team! Long time no see :jawa_smile:

A lot of great questions here. I'll pass along some clarification from the Developers, regarding the endgame crafting portion of this blog:

"There will be two new endgame purple mats:

• Conquest Mat called “Strategic Resource Matrix”.

• Operation Mat called “Dark Matter Catalyst”.

The Conquest Mat can only be acquired by completing your personal conquest goal.

The Operation Mat can only be acquired by killing bosses in Operations.

The Conquest Mat is used to craft Endgame equivalent gear. This gear is initially trainable from your trainer. You can then reverse engineer it to Storymode-equivalent gear, and again to Hardmode-equivalent gear.

• This gear is un-moddable, Bind-on-Equip, and slightly better than the gear found on the vendors.

• Mods and Relics cannot be crafted.

The Operation Mat is used to craft raid gear and mods. This gear requires you to acquire the raid item first to reverse engineer.

• Only Mods, Relics, Implants, and Earpieces can be crafted with this material.

• Unlike previous versions, the empty raid shells are not reverse engineerable."

Hope that helps -- keep the feedback coming!

Best,

Nick

THANKS!!!

Really this is a great help. After Tait's post I was worried that I would have to get a Synthweaver that I seriously intended to play in endgame, and possibly an artificer too(those hilts you know). Now I clearly see that I really need not bother. In fact I can delete those crew skills and just focus on slicing.

I mean really... his post had me so worried that crafting might actually be viable in 4.0 and that I would seriously have to work at it. You have sooooo set my mind at ease. It is clear now that crafting is going to be pretty much just as pointless in 4.0 as it was in 3.0.

Will arms tech and artifice have hilts and barrels learned from the trainer that can be RE'd to endgame equivalents as well? (Or perhaps non-moddable light sabers and guns similar to what other crafters are getting)

If it's working as I've stated in my previous posts.. YES they can RE only the SM/HM versions (Hilt/Barrel/Mod/Enh), but each respective crafter will make a BLUE item... which will RE into a Purple SM level Purple (No Hilt/Barrel, Mod, Enh) which then will RE into an HM version purple. These two purples will be craftable via the Conquest reward Purple Mat.

THEN... SM and HM will drop mainhand tokens with standard Hilt/Barrel, Mod, Enh and we can likely RE at least the SM version, but I'm not sure on the HM version unless we have NIM gear that is in game as well (One more level up).

The "Purple" Mainhand version w/o mods will likely be a tad better than the 204's you can get off HM Mono today. I think like a 216 or 220 are the ranges tossed around (BUT still better to have the OPS SM or HM drop instead).

This approach sort of allows us to get a more "BEEFY" bound mainhand at start without providing BIS of SM/HM versions. Good idea and sort of offsets the lack of new schematics for Barrel/Hilt, Mod, Enh like last two x-packs. Down side is they have hosed Conquest system up some how and made this option... DOA. :rolleyes:

PISSED that all my hard work on Artifcer & Cybertech schems are just GONE... *POOF*... I'd like all them back in some fashion as that would be fair (even if they are a different version). I'll wait and see, but if I have to go RE a ton of new blue schems to purple to level characters - not going to be a very happy camper with BIOFAIL on this one.

SUGGESTION: BIOWARE should make a crafting schems box (Like past PVP ones) that contain all those schematics in the new version for NEW crafter to use. IE: My Artificer gets this box of ONLY those I've learned and I mail it to my Cybertech to open/use.

Edited by dscount

Outfit designer not working with Main Hand an Off hand. Would people be stuck using standard looking weapons until they're lucky in some HM op?.

Good question, I didn't think about that.

Since HM gear is not RE'able in 3.x, run the op and win it is the only option for getting a weapon with that look. Currently you can't buy a[n endgame] MH with Comms, and again, HM OP gear is not RE'able, so the best MH (statwise) that you can you can do is SM OP level. So the new system is still an improvement over 3.x., since you still have the 3.x solution and you get an additional option in 4.x.

But yes, unless they add MH/OH to Outfit Designer (which would be sweet), you would have to choose between using the static stat version or a different weapon if you want better stats. But without knowing if Comm vendors will have MHs, what the exact stats are, whether or not vendor modifications will still be RE'able (like they are currently), and how many OP mats it will cost to make the various gear, it's hard to assess how significant this difference will be.

tl;dr the new system is still an improvement over 3.x, but MH/OH won't benefit as much unless the devs add MH/OH to Outfit Designer.

Edit: The static stat MH/OH requires the special Conquest Mat, which will presumably be easier to acquire (complete your personal conquest goal) than the modifications (which require mats dropped in operations). So people who want the look of the HM MH/OH are in a better place because they can have that look with better-than-comm static stats way before people who want to use a different shell get an HM MH.

But STILL, it would be nice to have MH/OH in Outfit Designer :)

Edited by eartharioch

When you say Mods, does that mean all gear modifications, or the modifications called "Mods" ?

its only mods sadly -

:rak_02:

:rak_01: - really so no matter what we get screwed over after paying for this long

YES its only MODS part -

:rak_03:

still writing a massive post but ..... will take time ...

Subbed a long time now and massive Cartel coin log so. Is there much point in adaptive gear you buy in packs now? and i want to know benefits other than looks and outitdesigner because some of the stuff CC market items can do crafting can do If only looks wise compare clandistine set - 1400ccs alot of crafting gear looks like it just need a dyes

yet I payed for that, or are you going to re-release the stuff again?

:rak_02: - Wheres my game gone?

Oh we binned it -

:rak_02: - so I cant play my game any more?

YES look new one ..... its so simple -

:rak_02: - But I like challenging

Hmmm we dont do that here Leave -

Shell crafters (Armormech, Armstech, and Synthweaving) will be able buy schematics for things they used to have to RE the shells to get (the armor, MH, and OH), as will Biotech (for Implants) and Cybertech (for Earpieces). The schematic will be for the SM version, and it will be RE'able to the HM version. All of this will be static-stat and use mats gained by Conquest.

Modification crafters (Armstech, Artifice, and Cybertech) will continue to be able to RE modifications for schematics -- they will not be able to buy schematics from the trainer. Since I haven't heard the devs say that RE'd SM schematics will be upgradeable to HM, I'm assuming that the HM will need to be RE'd directly from an HM modification, like it is now. Presumably they will still be able buy the entry level modification schematics (whatever the Basic Comm level is, 186 currently).

Artifice will continue to be able to RE Relics and there will be no SM schematic, and (as with modifications), I'm assuming from the lack of any statement to the contrary, that SM and HM will both have to be RE'd directly from the item (no RE'ing SM to learn HM). Due to the phrasing in various statements, it is unclear whether or not their will be an entry level Relic schematic for Artifice.

SM/HM Modifications and Relics will use mats dropped in operations.

Edited by eartharioch