Game Update 3.0 Class Changes: Scoundrel + Operative

TaitWatson

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear Dev's,

With all the nerfs and all of the 'downgrading damage' going on, what possible inducements are there to continue to either pay or even play your game? Have you, as the people responsible, considered the negative feedback you are receiving? Have you looked at just how upset the player base is with the proposed changes to several classes? Have you considered that this could very well spell the end of SWOTOR? I'm just askin', because quite frankly, it looks like you guys have made it a personal mission to really piss the player base off with this update. It looks like you hate just about all of the classes, and just about all of the players. I'm wondering, why are you really doing this?

I know were supposed to be getting nerfed like everyone else but, I don't feel like we got nerfed. I feel like my class JUST GOT KICKED IN THE NUTS.

I know I need to wait and see what it's like once our new system goes live but, I just feel so screwed right now. I was having alot of fun with my scrapper. :(

Dear Dev's,

With all the nerfs and all of the 'downgrading damage' going on, what possible inducements are there to continue to either pay or even play your game? Have you, as the people responsible, considered the negative feedback you are receiving? Have you looked at just how upset the player base is with the proposed changes to several classes? Have you considered that this could very well spell the end of SWOTOR? I'm just askin', because quite frankly, it looks like you guys have made it a personal mission to really piss the player base off with this update. It looks like you hate just about all of the classes, and just about all of the players. I'm wondering, why are you really doing this?

Oh please. Take your hyperbole some where else. Blizzard has been nerfing classes for years upon years. If we were to believe everything QQ artists have been saying, you'd think they'd have shuttered doors by now. Yet they STILL, are blowing the doors off the market. These changes will do nothing.

gosh darn, Sins still have their opener, we are lost it.

No we haven't its been folded into backstab. Single target damage should be fine with more TA procs. I'm more concerned about the loss of AOE damage with the changes to frag grenade and the loss of orbital strike.

No we haven't its been folded into backstab. Single target damage should be fine with more TA procs. I'm more concerned about the loss of AOE damage with the changes to frag grenade and the loss of orbital strike.

from scrapper point of view

I get what your saying and it makes sense but, Shoot 1st was not just an attack. Once you use Shoot 1st it alows you to use back blast from the front. So, If I use Shoot 1st and then pistol whip and kill the enemy I can still charge forward knowing the fist enemy who messes with me is gonna get a face full shot gun blast followed by my furious fists.

by eliminating Shoot 1st they are also further limiting the use of back blast and that sucks. :(

Now in pve on the other hand,

Aaaaand that's where you lost the balance devs. They may _claim_ the changes are to balance PvE but it's sadly quite clear that pretty much every change that's been made to every class since 1.0 has been either

1) to appease PvP cry babies

2) because they no longer have the staff/tech to balance hybrids properly (PvE or PvP)

They've gone on record admitting the latter in PvE (well, they admitted the lack of tech to track it properly), the former remains starkly true whether they admit it or not.

For the record, I have ZERO issue with the devs being in a corner, with limited resources, what I dislike is the PvP induced changes being forced on everyone. And claiming it's PvE induced is pretty weak too.

Aaaaand that's where you lost the balance devs. They may _claim_ the changes are to balance PvE but it's sadly quite clear that pretty much every change that's been made to every class since 1.0 has been either

2) because they no longer have the staff/tech to balance hybrids properly (PvE or PvP)

They've gone on record admitting the latter in PvE (well, they admitted the lack of tech to track it properly), the former remains starkly true whether they admit it or not.

For the record, I have ZERO issue with the devs being in a corner, with limited resources, what I dislike is the PvP induced changes being forced on everyone. And claiming it's PvE induced is pretty weak too.

Well the issue for me came when made Ranked 4 man Death Matches. A Sorc healer is good for 8 man Objective based warzones, but trailed behind Operatives in 4 man Arenas simply because they had greater survivability (can't heal if you're dead).

This will make Medicine Ops and Corruption Sorcs equal in terms of Arenas, but it would have been better to just increase Sorc armor in the Corruption tree or something.

Summary: They nerfed Med Ops rather than buffing Corr Sorcs

You know what's funny, lad? David just stated on the stream that they always look at and try to balance regardless of if it's PvP or PvE and they do not look at the crybabies; we both know that's a bunch of horse manure.

quite obvious that the guys who made a scoundrel/op to hide behind cause it was the shizness during that time, are going to reroll or quit (probably also the ones screaming for some balance changes-- seems like they didnt expect it to happen)

the people who play scoundrel since launch on the other will perform as usual

now we are back in early 2012 where it was a sin to have a scoundrel healer instead of a sage in your group

Edited by ScumbagProfundis

Somethings for future devs to think of (should any from an outside/upstart company happen to come across this).

1) First and foremost, hire people that have a clue.

2) Don't beat around the bush; just remove a class instead of nerfing it into oblivion. You already practically took away their flyby, and now this? As someone who plays mostly a Shadow and a Sorc, even I find this to be in the realm of the "as good an idea as a lead balloon" category.

3) Don't underestimate the small things. People actually like seeing things like their scoundrel loading a flechette round and then twirling the shotgun around.

4) At this point in gaming history, someone should really give serious thought to either A) all abilities within a single tree having a separate PvE and PvP coding so "balancing: one won't effect the other or B) just poutright having separate trees for PvP.

5) Get off the dev servers and jump into the live servers. And while you're at it, have most of your staff prowl the forums. They don't need to post, but they should at least see for themselves what is going on in an actual game and see what the concerns of the community are. They are adult enough to separate the trolling and qq'ing from the actual issues.

Now, I'm off the console my Scoundrel and Operative friends.

I didn't care much when I heard about the upcoming 'nerf'. I know how to play my classes, can learn any changes, would just deal with it because even if they're less useful, they'd still be a bunch of fun to play.

Except.. I don't see it anymore. Seems like everything that made the class fun to play is just being removed. Am so disappointed with this. Not sure what to think, except that I can't believe the devs actually play the game (anymore).

Am not a fan of threats of canceling subs, honestly I don't want to cancel either, but when every thing that puts a smile on my face just gets butchered out of the game, I don't know why I am paying for this anymore. :(

Well I always thought my Operative was the prettiest character I ever made. Now she's literally just eye candy.

I was here for the stories but operative was the one class that was actually enjoyable gameplaywise from start to finish as well.

I had my doubts about this whole Disciplines thing but this confirms it. I'm gone next month. No you can't have my stuff. I will burn (delete) it all in useless protest.

Oh and my scoundrel would also "Dirty Kick" the lot of you if he could.

Edited by CrutchCricket

I really hope the changes are better than they sound...

The other 2 healing classes should have been buffed, not operatives nerfed. Sorcerer are squishy and Merc are all casts.

Seems like Concealment took a beating, but I'm hoping I just misread it. Finally Operatives became viable as DPS again only for these changes to come..

Sever tendon will at least help with backstabbing in PVE. Might actually be able to use another companion for once.

I feel like I'm one of the few people who understands these changes.

Scoundrels/Operatives are OP. My Scoundrel is my least played 55 but it still hits hard, so I understand the need to nerf it and I'm fine with it.

I don't mind being nerfed. I mind losing a power as cool as Freighter Flyby or Orbital Strike. Halve the damage, quarter it, but leave me the fun powers!

So for my Scoundrel healer, you are:

Nerfing healing so he'll be less useful in Operations and PvP

Nerfing his burst damage in PvP (removing Shoot First and Sabotage Charge)

What exactly should I be looking forward to?

A more balanced game.

I didn't care much when I heard about the upcoming 'nerf'. I know how to play my classes, can learn any changes, would just deal with it because even if they're less useful, they'd still be a bunch of fun to play.

Except.. I don't see it anymore. Seems like everything that made the class fun to play is just being removed. Am so disappointed with this. Not sure what to think, except that I can't believe the devs actually play the game (anymore).

Am not a fan of threats of canceling subs, honestly I don't want to cancel either, but when every thing that puts a smile on my face just gets butchered out of the game, I don't know why I am paying for this anymore. :(

...Feel the butthurt...

Where did the bad nerf touch you?