Game Update 3.0 Class Changes: Scoundrel + Operative

TaitWatson

So we're losing the damage and healing boost for having a stack of Upper Hand, which means a 5% cut to our healing and dps across the board. I can understand that they think sawbones is too good, but are we damage dealers going to get anything to make up for that? That's a massive nerf if not. And beyond just the numbers, it also gets rid of what's truly unique about our class. What incentive do we have to maintain stacks of Upper Hand, instead of just generating them when we need them?

I expect that they probably balanced the base damage and healing of abilities to make sure everything is hitting its damage targets.

Edited by MorgenBlue

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Help me understand this because from a Scrapper point of view it seems that I'm losing more than I gaining.

1. Upper Hand provides no Dmg. & Healing bonuses (that Sucks)

2. Were losing shoot 1st (that just blows)

3. Shank-shot : thats just tendon shot (am I wrong???)

4. Bludgeon: uhhhhh, scatter guns don't have butt's so, were basicly hitting people with thin air?????

5. Blood Boiler: just let us use thermal detinator out of cover. (please)

6. New Passive abilities that grants extra dmg. when using Blaster volley (I can't even remember the last time i was in cover as a scrapper).

7. losing underworld medicine (I need this to back up the healer if he needs me or he dies)

somebody help me understand how this helps us.

Edited by GalaxyStrong

I expect that they probably balanced the base damage and healing of abilities to make sure everything is hitting its damage targets.

This is something I hope we hear about in the stream. If they upped ability damage all around to make up for this loss, it's not so bad. It still sucks to lose the thing that made us distinct though.

"Overall, Medicine healing was too good during Rise of the Hutt Cartel, so players of the discipline should brace themselves for a rebalancing that might seem a bit extreme. While it might seem extreme, this rebalancing is only aimed to bring Operative healing down to a level that allows other healers to be more competitive and prevents Operative healing from trivializing PvE content that is meant to be challenging."

So...RIP Operative healers? Because it seems like, once Dec. 9 comes, we're gonna eat knobs.

"Overall, Medicine healing was too good during Rise of the Hutt Cartel, so players of the discipline should brace themselves for a rebalancing that might seem a bit extreme. While it might seem extreme, this rebalancing is only aimed to bring Operative healing down to a level that allows other healers to be more competitive and prevents Operative healing from trivializing PvE content that is meant to be challenging."

So...RIP Operative healers? Because it seems like, once Dec. 9 comes, we're gonna eat knobs.

Come on now, who really needs healers, they are overrated, i'm sure there are guilds out there clearing HiM DP with no healers in their group, or they just bring along a lvl 25 Operative to pick up the slack.

When I read these changes I keep in mind Bioware wants to maintain balance across all classes. So the loss of healing and damage bonus doesn't bother me from a balance standpoint, but it does take away a small skill component managing upper hand. Therein lies my concern.

Come on now, who really needs healers, they are overrated, i'm sure there are guilds out there clearing HiM DP with no healers in their group, or they just bring along a lvl 25 Operative to pick up the slack.

Well, considering that the best operative healers can currently solo-heal all nightmare Dread Fortress and Dread Palace fights except for Brontes, Tyrans, Raptus and Council, your exaggeration isn't completely unfounded.

Edited by Levram

Not to sound like a pompous ***, and perhaps I'm just missing it, but would it be to much to ask to provide a time and/or link to the stream?

I apologize if I missed it, as I'm extremely busy atm; however, am I crazy, or is the time or link not listed in an obvious spot?

Not to sound like a pompous ***, and perhaps I'm just missing it, but would it be to much to ask to provide a time and/or link to the stream?

I apologize if I missed it, as I'm extremely busy atm; however, am I crazy, or is the time or link not listed in an obvious spot?

It's in the thread about streaming that's been stickied.

Just a reminder that the Smuggler/Imperial Agent stream is today at 4PM CST on our Twitch.TV channel (approximately 4 hours from the time this posted is made).

Well, considering that the best operative healers can currently solo-heal all nightmare Dread Fortress and Dread Palace fights except for Brontes, Tyrans, Raptus and Council, your exaggeration isn't completely unfounded.

So basically they can't solo heal a HiM raid... anyhow a good Sorc healer can solo heal other bosses in those raids on NiM, and I bet a merc played properly could do the same, its about knowing the class, has very little to do with if that class out heals another class.

I am a little worried that concealment is losing so many abilities outside of their melee rotations. I hope it doesn't make the class seem boring.

The layered burst is gone but it is replaced by a flood of TA procs. We can keep an enemy facing away from us for quite some time in order to burn through our TA procs (with +10% crit). Seems nice. Still have to confirm if indeed if the evasion proc with roll avoids all damage as revealed in data mining. That is huge. I have zero clue how all this impacts pvp and certainly arena (although I think arena is crap in an mmo designed for group play with specialized classes. Too much emphasis is still placed on arena in pvp progression).

Overall I think Lethality walks away with the best changes. Honestly I do not care the healing got nerfed. Healing in this game in general was too strong and created far too many stalemates in pvp. Player who's opinions can't look past their own toon's power have little weight with me. The overall balance of the game concerns me more.

after reading this

Overall, Sawbones healing was too good during Rise of the Hutt Cartel, so players of the discipline should brace themselves for a rebalancing that might seem a bit extreme. While it might seem extreme, this rebalancing is only aimed to bring Scoundrel healing down to a level that allows other healers to be more competitive and prevents Scoundrel healing from trivializing PvE content that is meant to be challenging.

i'd like to confirm something:

have you played Mando heal after unlimiting Traumaprobes? (it's a retorical question btw so you don't need to answer obvious anyway)

sad actually after seeing that 8man heal I was hoping I'd get some raid time on my Scoundrel healer especially when looking at your stream when you talked about sorting buffs.

When an expansion is released, you think that your char become more strong, with new skills, more dps and healing, but not at SW:TOR, i'm just pre-ordered this expansion when is announced, but i really think this is the last expansion / subs i'm order/pay from this game, i'm pretty sure that you loose huge numbers of players if you don't understand what is correct and what is not, i don't want to pay for 1+ year and loose any progress in one second, i don't want to pay for become weaker, this really sucks imho, i'm hope someone here agrees with me, maybe in the next update our level cap become 30 because our level is "too high". :eek::eek::eek:

Work as intended, offcourse.

Edited by kalakus_

OT: Does anyone know what headpiece the Operative in the picture within the post is wearing?

Would also be interested in the rest of his gear, if it's even from actually wearable stuff within the game :)

It is the old Rakata raid gear, you can get a set from the cartel market / GTN, can't remember what it is called atm, look on http://www.dulfy.com at the different gear from the cartel packs and you will find it.

I was already convinced that the long period of waiting, to see the changes of the healer hiding something truly obscene. After these debuffs facts to my main character, I make the game less interesting. And I would think to avail myself of the opportunity to withdraw, and ask for a refund of the pre-order. and I would like that all those who think like me to make as many. :mad:

are you *********** serious Bioware? Have you even seen scoundrel/operatives healing in operations? and more importantly, have you seen PLAYERS (not Devs) actually healing in operations? most of them have no idea how to play their specs, punishing some just because other people wasn't able to learn their specs is freakin unfair.

I've seen sages that can easily outheal scoundrels by a huge margen and scoundrels doing the same thing.

We don't need balance, what we need is a system that allows players to use their brain and figure the stuff out.

But no, you're making swtor a game suitable for ****** players...this is the last expansion I buy for this game and you can say goodbye to another subscription.