Game Update 3.0 Class Changes: Scoundrel + Operative

TaitWatson

Turn back our Hidden Strike you bastards! :mad::mad::mad:

All classes are "nerfed" in 3.0. Most classes lost some skills, Ops lose 2% damage from TA alone.

Hidden Strike is replaced with backstabbing from stealth, acid blade is applied automatically. That's two free hotkeys, and frankly, it should have always been that way.

What's missing is the ability to follow up with a backstab right after a hidden strike, i.e. the backstab from stealth having no cooldown (and the backstab-from-any-direction buff). The former was already suggested in the Livestream.

What we're getting, though, is a root that prevents turning, so we can do the debilitate-backstab dance twice as often. Stunlocking operatives ftw!

This is clearly for anyone you are never played Oper

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is clearly for anyone you are never played Oper

I never played one of those QQ-ops on the forums, true. :rolleyes:

Rather than moaning the lost glory of days gone by in the forums, I adapted to the new situation, and when everyone and their dog retired their op to level an assassin, I leveled a scoundrel.

Justified or not, ops are the drama-queens of the forums, as long as all the devs see from us is QQ, insults and empty threats about leaving the game, they won't take us seriously.

Let us try 3.0 and see how we perform, and let's have a constructive discussion when 3.0 turns out to be a larger nerf to ops than to other classes. Now that healers and dds are separated trough disciplines, the devs might be able to actually buff dd-survivability without making healers even more op'd.

Edited by Mubrak

So it looks like the scoundrel/operative classes are being ruined. I rarely PVP. I rarely play in OPs or FPs with my healers anyway. I play the game for the stories and thus I don't HAVE gear that is much better than mixed 156/162. Even BEFORE the nerfage, my healers die in seconds in PVP and this disinclines me from doing more PVP.

I'm not looking for death and abuse in a game I want to have fun with. I don't HAVE twitch reflexes. I have to THINK when I use my class skills. I'm slow and don't have good eye/hand/key press skills.

I play to relax and enjoy the pretty scenery. I play sneak/heal classes so I don't have to stress over constant fighting. I play to enjoy 'dress-up' with cool gear. Bioware doesn't ALLOW crafters to get crafting gear recipes past 156, or I'd be able to gear my alts better and THEN be better able to deal with OPs and FPs who DEMAND basic levels of gear that can only be attained by running multiple OPs and FPs.

So now the advantages for my healers are being nerfed &/or removed, so that I'll die more in PVE? Way to go. Make the game less fun for me. I'll try and play the changes, but it looks like 7* of my 27** alts aren't going to get much play in the future.

* = 7 alts are scoundrel/healers or agent/operatives

** = 27 alts on 2 different servers

Operative nerf isn't as bad as I feared. It's worse. All the things that made PvE survivable are gone, replaced as far as I can tell by options that only make sense for ops and PvP (which I have no interest in).

Removing Orbital Strike was the final blow, though. My favorite ability by far for rp reasons as much as for clearing mobs, and now it's gone. Nothing gave me as much of a kick as using that, no ops nerf has hit me harder.

If I had known about this sooner I wouldn't have paid for the expansion. Damned shame. Looks like a pretty place but I just can't find any joy in the new "watching paint dry is faster and more dramatic" style of combat. And the devs really poured salt in the wound by giving some minor foe on rishi the orbital strike capability and reminding me all over of what was lost.

Don't care if this is a drama queen post--some of us play for immersion and sense of wonder, not for nit-picking finely tuned combat in top rank ops and pvp . IA combat is now no different from what I could find in any non-star wars game.

Ops and scoundrel were already the least played classes in the game. Guess this is the final nail in the coffin.

Edited by Jepac
typo pve -> pvp

Can the devs please just be shot already and fired? Having to deal with no trees no, major NERFS the constant catoring to PvP'rs.... Thankfully I no longer am the one paying for my sub, this game always had promise but people just keep running it into the damn f'n ground. Keep butchering $hi+ while somehow you all still have your jobs...

I still think all the changes are great. I find there is far more options available with the Utility Selection. Yes you can't hybrid which is a shame but when it comes to single specing everyone chooses the same points anyway so it doesn't matter.

I realise alot of people are coming to terms with the nerf but the truth is Scoundrels and Operatives (particularly on the healing side of things) were out-classing all the other classes purely on their output numbers, as supported by the collected data FACT. I suspect a lot of people who are complaining think they were great Scoundrel/Operative players when in fact they were fairly average and were comparing themselves to other classes on an unbalanced playing field. Now the classes have become more balanced it's a lot easier to blame the developers than come to terms with the fact that their were gaps in their own rotations.

For casual player it shouldn't matter - you're casual right? For competitive pvp-ers and pve operation guilds balancing the classes is essential for a good game.

Having said all the above there are two things I agree with for the Smuggler/Imperial agent class.

- Flyby/Orbital Strike NEEDS to be returned to both the advanced classes (as an ability it's not a great one to have in a rotation expect for pre-fight so I don't see any harm in including it or why it was removed. Serious players don't use it while casual games will and that's fine. Was very surprised about it being removed)

- This ones for the pvp-ers, Scoundrels/Operatives need another CC breaker. (I really can't believe I'm going to say this but they're now too static compared to the other classes. I would suggest Cloaking Screen as a Evasion Utility not only triggers evasion for 2 secs but can be used when stunned too).