The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

Story time for me for once, it might be kind of long but readers get to see my experiences with encountering the oddities and my undying shame of being the weird/dumb guy.

I'll start off with those I meet.

Athiss SM, pub side on my vanguard tanking. Insta-pop which is always nice and get dumped into a group with 3 people in the same guild. two sentinels and a commando healer.

Now, those on Prophecy of 5 might know of/remember a certain pub guild that was notorious for poor play that had a certain country in their name. I shall say no more; that's probably too much. Anyways, we begin, the initial pulls don't go too badly, I get to around 1/2 hp or less before I begin to be healed, but I didn't die, did my job well enough and that's all that really matters to me when I tank. We did wipe on the 4 strong droids because the healer pulled that while I was healing up, but hey, mistakes occur right?

The Professor was where things began to go south fast, as apparently the commando forgot he was the healer half way through the fight. We die twice, me first each time and then the DPS scatter to avoid the adds that spawn for some reason. They didn't bother attacking them, just kept running for some reason.

Rez, head back. Mention in chat to the healer to please continue healing. I get a foreign language back to me in chat that I do not understand. I want to hope it is saying "ok, I understand and will do so" but don't get my hopes up given the reputation of the guild. We down the boss at the cost of my life again since the healer began DPSing instead of healing when the boss got to around 15% or so.

We continue on and get to the giant dog critter. Things went south from the very beginning. I don't get healed much, the DPS seem to panic when the adds spawn, the healer jumps off the cliff when the adds I couldn't pick up began to chase him, resulting in getting aggro from mobs that we skipped. We die, rez, I explain in chat what I want them to do, we try again. Deja vu, the same exact thing happens with the healer going cliff diving, resulting in more mobs aggroing. In the midst of this chat was afire with more text I can't read. After this I leave the group, ignore all three and pray to the internet gods I don't get stuck into a group from that guild again.

Story 2.

Mando Raiders SM Imp side on my healer op. It spans 2 FPs that came in short succession from each other on the same night, both Mando raiders. Both involve the same DPS assassin.

For the first run through, we kill the first boss and marauder head gear drops. The mara in the group and sin both roll on it and the sin wins. The marauder is understandably upset but the sin is either AFK right after winning it or found something really interesting about the corner his toon was standing in and facing. The group just carries on but he's still AFK by the time we get to the boarding party so the sin tank initiates a kick and it passes. We get a DPS sorc and carry on to complete the FP easily.

Later that night I get another pop and lo and behold the DPS sin is back in the group. He doesn't go afk this time, nor does he ninja loot, so it was an improvement in that area I guess. However, after the first boss both the jugg tank and I notice he is using a single bladed lightsaber instead of a double.

And so began the saga of us trying in gen chat and whispers to get him to respond that he understands his class needs a saberstaff. The jugg tank also offers to craft him a shell that he can put the mods in from his shiny single blade. The kicker is that earlier that night I KNOW that sin was using a saberstaff the first time I encountered him. I guess he found a different willpower weapon while questing. Honestly I was a bit surprised his gear was willpower, but when all light armor gear is in the game I guess I can't :D It was odd, but slightly adorable to see a sin smacking away with saber strike with a single blade.

Now it is time for my story of personal shame.

Back before ROTHC when the game was still shiny and new, when things such as Rakata gear were considered good and Black Hole was king of the comm gear, I was part of a much hated group. The guy that ques as a tank in DPS spec. One wonders why no one called me out earlier than I did since I was using such moves like obliterate and not such things like backhand.

I get put into Directive 7 HM and proceed to demonstrate my utter incompetence. We manage to get to the 3 mentor droids after the DPS and I die repeatedly on the way and I begin to wonder why I'm getting flung every which way during the fight. It was my first run through in the FP so I didn't know about hitting the droid without the shield. Meanwhile the Marauder is face tanking the boss since the "tank" is busy picking his but up off of the floor every 3 seconds.

After the fight I rightly get my butt chewed out about the fight and am kicked from the group. After getting dumped back on fleet I noticed i wasn't even in soresu stance the entire time.......

EDIT: Fortunately I feel the need to mention I have changed my ways. Only que for tank when I'm geared and specced for it. I even got a few compliments from healers after recent GF runs that I was "one of the best jugg tanks they've ever had"

(though really with saber reflect it's hard to be a bad jugg tank.)

Edited by Pwnboy

Oh god, yes, the Spin Attack on Core Meltdown. It's freaking hilarious. It's like people can't be bothered to move away and usually ends up with two out of four down. At this point I've given up trying to tell people to use their breakouts/force speed/just run the hell away from the nice and obvious castbar. Hell, the exact same mechanic is used in a number of leveling heroics. I've been back with TOR after e few months of hiatus for over a month now and in that time I've had all of one Meltdown run where people would actually bother moving.

Also, not really a GF story and not really a 'weird' story, but still, was getting people together for an 8man first run at Eyeless last night. Friend and I were tanking, the rest were random people from genchat who wanted to come. Our gear varied wildly (from high 20ks to mid 30s in hp scores), but there were no disasters ... but of course, the _one_ 40k DPS decided to throw a hissy fit before we even started and quit saying we weren't geared enough for it and he'd seen groups like this before. Well, DPS pops aren't exactly rare, so we got another in short order and went in.

We wiped all of one time since we went in cold, then organized a bit better and cleared it without too much of an issue and had a lot of fun doing it. Props to everyone involved.

I dunno, maybe I'm a little weird, but I don't really like just derping through stuff and felt this was much more rewarding than a 16 man zerg or just shrugging everything off because gear.

Duran'del here:

So, the Rakghoul Event has been... interesting, to say the least, now that it is in its own "world".

When I was doing a Semi-PuG Eyeless with guildmates, we had 2 healers(me and guildmate), 1 tank, and 5 DPS(2, maybe 3 guildmates, idk). The 5th DPS couldn't enter the instance(or so it seemed), so we kick him and get another guy.

The Guildy DPS comes on guild chat. "Sorry, the tunnels took forever to load"

*Facepalm*

Honestly, I don't know how he had loaded Aldeeran in the first place(I mean, no offense)...

Back on topic:

The Eyeless is about ~50%. I'm almost dead, iirc, and I'm trying to avoid the spit and heal myself with Kolto Bomb and Bacta Infusion and counting on the other healer to heal the tank. Tank goes down, and guess who is the tank now?

A commando Guildmate.

Yes. A commando.

Funniest thing is, he didn't lose aggro ONCE. I'm foolwing him, religiously refreshing Trauma Probe, and tossing down as many heals on him as possible.

We didn't wipe. At all. After we rezz the tank and the other fallen, I tell the guildmate: "Nice tanking".

I was doing normal mode Cademimu as my Operative Healer. I got matced with Assassin Tank who was on green gear that was propably from Korriban (5 strenght/4 endurance or something like that) cunning helmet and single saber, SorcDPS and Assassin DPS.

Everything went quite well until last boss. Tank immediately managed to die to first fires, and after second fires Sorc dies too. Well me and Assassin continue fight, and after a while group chat gets full of messages like: you stand no match, die so we can kill him together or lets kick healer he (yes he said he and im a girl) left me die. Sorc just told us to die. However, we survived that battle:-

Also I've noticed that most of Maras/Sents are only nuisance, since they cannot play, but when you get talented one... Things can be very easy with him and they are also a lot good when trying to avoid enrage timers:-/

So this one is actually a good story

Last saturday I decided to pug a 16 man DF SM, most of the dps had 37k hp or more and all 4 healers where more than geared for the instance. I fill the group, and only need tanks; however the only tanks I found none had ever cleared the instance, but they where the only ones available, so in we go.

since both tanks are new I do a quick rundown before each boss. Nefra is facerolled, Draxus was easy since all the dps knew they had interrupts :eek: so corruption and slam are properly interrupted. We get to grob'tok I don't like to explain magnet mechanic so we keep him in the middle and just dps him, CZ goes down without any issues. After weekly one healer quits group and another dc's (I never said when pugging the group if it was weekly or full run but I consider respectful to finish the op after just 35mins and no wipes, so new people can advance story). We get new healers, and brontes goes down, a little rocky (2 people died to lightning between fingers and 1 tank died during droid/lightning phase) but we one shot boss nevertheless.

Since the run was quick and dps is good we decide to do DP, some people leave due to LO and we reform the group. 1 dps has LO on the first 3 bosses so we 15man them (though the healers got worried when he began to pvp and his health would start droping in the ops frame). Bestia and Tyrans go down easy, I did worry on Calphyous last phase since I couldn't get the tank to put the boss in the right place. On our way to Draxus we almost wipe due to a tank engaging the drouks before I had time to tell them to keep them appart. Draxus became interesting since I stopped dps'ing and started telling the tanks in ops announcement which one is going inside the challenge and which one has to stay, at one point I had to kite him since the tanks where nowhere to be seen (I think they where playing rock/paper/scissors to see who is going inside the challenge :p) and I was the only one out. We get to council, I do the run down for the fight ,but we wipe due to a tank having Raptus face toward the rest of the group (seems to me healers can't heal with everyone getting hit for 20K :D). We try again and get them this time.

So after roughly 2 ours I cleared both DF and DP with a PUG and new tanks, with only one wipe on coucil; Overall I would call that one of the most successful pugs I ever had.

ill keep it short i was tanking on my jugg and i was put in a group for bording party i was matched with a powertech who was geared and speced to be a tank and even tauntid the healer started throwin a fit about how the pt was tanking, aand 2nd dps only ever did 2 moves(as he was amruader) i only know sent so in sent words he used transcendance and the throw your sbare thing anyways we wiped once most of the toime i ended up dieing cus healer ' only used kolto probe.

we finally finished i asked the powertech if he knew i was tank his answer was "the tank spec got cooler moves":eek::eek::eek:

we finally finished i asked the powertech if he knew i was tank his answer was "the tank spec got cooler moves":eek::eek::eek:

Well, it's true, jet charge is pretty cool and you definitely miss it if you switch to dps spec on a powertech! I think that guy needs to level himself a mara, all the fun of leaping around without the responsibility of tanking.

I've gone into a few lowbie fps lately where there have been 2 players in tank spec. And both of them want to stay in that spec. Absolute nightmare to heal.

You evil evil person! :D :D :D :D :D

In Czerka Labs I will always move to the right side (when facing droid from the console that summons him) and inform the group that from there it is a shorter run out. 9 out of 10 times noone pays any attention to me. Then 2 or 3 electrified water effects later when they realize I'm taking no damage from the water they'll slowly gravitate to where I'm standing :D. It's always fun to watch ;).

Well, I have to entertain myself somehow since the flashpoints are pretty boring at the moment. XD

As for the shorter run out of the pool, I too prefer to go right. Funniest thing was the healer staying on entrance side and completely ignoring the inconspicuous phase walk of a shadow tank. :D

Well, it's true, jet charge is pretty cool and you definitely miss it if you switch to dps spec on a powertech! I think that guy needs to level himself a mara, all the fun of leaping around without the responsibility of tanking.

I've gone into a few lowbie fps lately where there have been 2 players in tank spec. And both of them want to stay in that spec. Absolute nightmare to heal.

Jet Charge is the main reason my BH chose Shield Tech. I'm liking tanking (and the queue times :) ), so I think I'll stay. It would be nice if Jet Charge was the AC ability and grapple the Shield Tech specialty, but just speccing for JC and queueing as DPS is probably not the best way to Suggest that change to BW...lol, just tell people doing it, "If you Jump it, you tank it."

Personally, I think it would be cool if BHs could choose whichever (even if as a stance) (Shield Tech should still get both, and no need to necessarily give all additional spec upgrades away).

Also: instead of just failing against certain targets, Grappling immovable targets should cause you to get pulled to them. Not for any tactical reasons, just because it would be funny.

Final observation: why does my BH have to buy the stupid Grapple Gun on Alderaan?

Personally, I don't think the tank animations are better than the dps ones for Powertech, but that's just my preference. Maybe it's because I've always been tank on my Powertech, and now I want something new, but I really enjoy the dps moves.

Jet Charge is pretty useful however, but this skill alone doesn't sway me to level my other Powertechs as tank (only for Flashpoints and H4s I switch to tank).

However, even if you run around in tankspec as dps (which you can do in lower level FPS, though it's rude), you shouldn't taunt. Taunting as DPS (if there is no need for it) is annoying for the tank and really, really rude. I left a FP once because the DPS Powertech wouldn't stop taunting, even after I asked him to stop.

Personally, I don't think the tank animations are better than the dps ones for Powertech, but that's just my preference. Maybe it's because I've always been tank on my Powertech, and now I want something new, but I really enjoy the dps moves.

Jet Charge is pretty useful however, but this skill alone doesn't sway me to level my other Powertechs as tank (only for Flashpoints and H4s I switch to tank).

However, even if you run around in tankspec as dps (which you can do in lower level FPS, though it's rude), you shouldn't taunt. Taunting as DPS (if there is no need for it) is annoying for the tank and really, really rude. I left a FP once because the DPS Powertech wouldn't stop taunting, even after I asked him to stop.

not only tank, healer will be annoyed too. i hate it when tanks come in dps role and stay in tqank stance even if they are not taunting they will steal aggro and make it hard for heals and tank as well. and the fight will be long as group will be lacking dps power,

even if they did switch stanec. they will be losing their skill tree bonuses and they wont have enough dps as no skill bonus or gear bonus. so in the end they are just a weight to be dragged along group. which is no fun at all.

if they are fed up of tanking, they should just spec for dps and go as dps. making whole group suffer just because they are tired of tanking or love tank move and want to dps is just plain rude and selfishness.

Had a weird one today, not bad just weird.

Cademimu, SM. Sin tank, Sorc dps,Jugg Dps and me as an Op healer.

Run goes well enough, no stupid mistakes, no pulling before the tank.

Just one thing, the Jugg kept ripping aggro from the Sin, now it's no big deal once or twice right?

But every damn pull?? Didn't check gear or whether or not the Jugg was using taunts, but half way up pops the guard on the Jugg(did i mention i clicked it off 4-5 times by then, no?) , so I'm thinking "yay less Jugg healing more looking out for the rest of the team". Yeah.... Nope.. still aggro to the Jugg guard and all.

I'm thinking "meh, healed worst". We get to the last boss, and.. Tank goes down on the first set of rockets, Jugg a few seconds later trying to get out of one runs head first into another *facepalm*.

Sorc face rolls the boss while I heal, boss down, the end.:rolleyes:

With Rakghoul event happening I see more weird people than my typical day. Last night I called out for Heroic 4 in Spike. Myself (healer), 3 DPS. As we were assembling at the entrance of H4 area, this sniper finally arrived with flag on.

I wasn't sure about it, but thought "oh well". This sniper immediately started aggroing mobs. As we did not have a tank, I thought it was OK. I popped two probes on this sniper and got flagged.

As we started the fight with champion, I noticed big spike in damage and realized that we were under attack by several flagged players. The sniper went down as well as me. Other member of the group revived me and she got flagged.

We were once again attacked by the same flagged players and died. Then the sniper snapped and went "THIS IS WHY WE DO NOT DO THIS FLAGGED YOU CO*K SUCKER" "THAT'S IT YOU ARE ALL IGNORED" (yes, all caps :p)

Other group member left the group. I said to this sniper "But you are the one who was flagged in the first place" and he left the group without saying a word.

Some people are just weird :p

With Rakghoul event happening I see more weird people than my typical day. Last night I called out for Heroic 4 in Spike. Myself (healer), 3 DPS. As we were assembling at the entrance of H4 area, this sniper finally arrived with flag on.

I wasn't sure about it, but thought "oh well". This sniper immediately started aggroing mobs. As we did not have a tank, I thought it was OK. I popped two probes on this sniper and got flagged.

As we started the fight with champion, I noticed big spike in damage and realized that we were under attack by several flagged players. The sniper went down as well as me. Other member of the group revived me and she got flagged.

We were once again attacked by the same flagged players and died. Then the sniper snapped and went "THIS IS WHY WE DO NOT DO THIS FLAGGED YOU CO*K SUCKER" "THAT'S IT YOU ARE ALL IGNORED" (yes, all caps :p)

Other group member left the group. I said to this sniper "But you are the one who was flagged in the first place" and he left the group without saying a word.

I did the H4 yesterday with around lvl 45 teammates.

We were attacked by two 55 republicans.

My friend and me came with our 55s then (Mara & Sorc heal with pull PvP Gear).

Reps didn't come back after that :D

thats why healers life is hard :p we get flagged when trying to heal someone. and we will die after leaving group or in fight usually. dps cant get flagged unless they flag themselves lol. i am always flagged in event area as one or the other guy i have in my group will be flagged. --sigh--

i dont even pvp much on my healers. so they dont have pvp gear either. so ya. sucks lol

So I was on my tank a couple of weeks ago and I teamed up with a friend of mine who's a healer to get the weekly hammered out pretty quickly, sounds good right? Well.... ...... oh boy.....

So we queue up and get the instant pop for Mandalorian Raiders and we're grouped with a Mara and a Jugg (the Mara's gear wasn't very good but the Jugg had High HP and was from a good guild so I figured he was geared and left it without inspecting and didn't give it a second though....big mistake) and so we start along our way.

The first couple of pulls don't seem to have any issues, everything dies but us and it doesn't feel like it's taking too long, but all that changes at the first boss.

I tell them where I'm going to be tanking the boss and mark the first dog to be targeted, everybody says they're ready and we start. I'm off tanking the boss and the dogs are over in the rest of the group, and I happen to notice the Jugg just sitting there, at first I figure that he's DC'd but then he starts to move again so I keep going. He does it again, just stopping and standing there, then attacking and then standing and then attacking and I don't quite understand what's going on. However in my overconfidence, I only see that the first dog is dead and figure that the mara is doing a great job, and oh man was I wrong, and I didn't realize just how wrong I was until I killed the boss all by myself, and went over to find the enraged dog still at half health!!!

We kill it without a wipe, but people do die before it goes down; after which I take a long look at the Jugg's gear to find out that he's actually in full tank gear. When I ask him about it he responds by saying that he's switching from tank to dps and needs to regear, and that this (his current gear) is the best gear that he has.

We talk to him about his choice in queuing up like he did, but I want to help the guy out because we've all been there trying to gear a character before, so I tell him that he can stay so long as he actually participates and tries to actually DPS the targets. He agrees and we move on and clear through to the second boss, and since the trash mobs went off without much trouble I figure that everything's going to be ok, right? WRONG!!!!!![i/] It ends up taking forever to kill the second boss(es) and the Jugg ends up dying because, for some crazy reason, he taunts the gunslinger off of me during his Last Man Standing AoE and gets wrecked. That irritated me and he doesn't really answer me when I ask why he taunted, he just respawns and keeps going.

My friend tells me to just push through since we're almost at the end but the Mara really really wants the Bonus boss so we agree to give it a shot, but once we go in the Jugg alternates between just standing there and running around the room like a chicken without a head until we have the boss down to about 50% when he finally attacks, and by attacking I mean he uses three random attacks and then backs out again and goes back to what he was doing. We end up hitting the enrage timer on the bonus boss and we all die, and when I ask the Jugg what happened, he replies by saying that he was "lagging bad that whole fight." I tell him we'll try it one more time and that he must be attacking or we'll hit the enrage, but when we go in and start the fight again the Jugg does the exact same thing and my friend realizes this too late and tries to dps but it's not enough and we hit the enrage again and wipe.

I'd had enough at this point, I think you can guess what happened next (might just be a vote followed by finishing without issue, lol).

Edited by Sivar

I probably qualified as the weird one. I don't do flashpoints much, but my scoundrel got to lvl 55 and I've been having her do the HK quest. Which meant Maelstrom Prison, hard mode.

My first error was for some reason I kept treating the sentinel like the tank and healed him more. Of course, he took more damage while the shadow tank was doing rather well. The Shadow dps with us was also not getting hurt as much. Took awhile for me to notice that, I guess I need more sleep. :eek:

Then we got to Colonel Daksh. I tried to keep them alive, but his eyebeam of doom killed them all and I ended up doing what is known in Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer as "clutching" the battle. This is after I tried heartrigger patch (which I selected the wrong target, the sentinel) and healed but he died and the shadow tank apparently revived an ran all the way back from the start point to make some more hits only to die again before I could heal her fully.

Happily, I managed to use vital shot and quick shot to wear him down (in between frantic self-heals) and finally kill him, but it was close. I managed to keep them alive through the other battles, but still feel a little bad.

when i was leveling an imp alt, i kept being que'd with a sorc who:

1) que'd as healer but refused to heal. If someone asked for heals he did not answer. Thankfully my friend que'd with me, and she could field respec into heals.

2) was clearly spec'd in dps tree. Did not answer when someone told him not to que as healer if he wanted to dps.

3) ran ahead of tank and aggro'd multiple groups. Wouldn't even offheal himself and died a lot. Lol

it was both annoying and funny at the same time seeing this guy go kamikaze and die over and over. We kept forgetting to put him on ignore, so that's why we ran into him so many times.

leeeeeeee rrooooyyy jenkins

I just had a weird experience. I was queueing as a dps on a lowbie for athiss and when I got in first thing the jugg tank does is go to where the lifts are and jumps all the way to the bottom and dies. He then insults the other dps saying that "it looks like he has a (explicit) on his head," while he was dead. He continued to talk in all caps the entire fp . He was also spouting profanity the entire time. At one point he needed on a willpower earring that dropped and when I asked why he said "it was for his (explicit)." Then he posted "2CHAINZ LOLOLOL." I think the tank and the healer were friends because when I tried to initiate a vote kick he started yelling at me for starting one on him and when I whispered the other dps he said that he had voted to kick him too.

He also refused to pause between groups at all often pulling 3 groups at a time. Our dps were overgeared so it didn't matter too much as we only ended up dying once. That is until we hit the palace guardians where he would continually aggro 4 at a time. We wiped twice and at that point he started blaming the dps for not killing the guardians fast enough. By this point I made up my mind to leave the group and as I was leaving I vented at him a little bit and not so nicely asked why he was talking in caps the entire time. He responded it was because he didn't have a keyboard...

So, I had this Cademimu HM run today. Everything went well up to and including the wookiee boss. After that, we skipped the two pairs of turrets and associated mobs. As a gunslinger, I have a habit of hanging at the back of the group because my range means I can reach any mobs from there. When we arrived at the elevator, I get pulled to it by our dps sage. The elevator somehow bugged, I fell through it and into my death in the shaft below. I tried to run back through the mobs, but was forced to wait for the elevator and died a second time. Meanwhile our healer died downstairs. He got past the mobs, but apparently didn't notice me so I didn't get a revive.

This is where things got nasty. Our tank initiated a vote kick with reason "Doesn't understand how skipping works". In the chat she said "kick him, my comp is full 78 geared". Since the vote kick didn't have an immediate result, I revived and ran to the elevator again. The turrets were now devoid of all other mobs, so I made it and rejoined the others. The tank became very condescending about how we don't know how to follow a tank and started acting weird. He went past a group of mobs as if skipping them, but then turned back and attacked. This unexpected maneuver got everyone killed except me. By this time the vote kick had expired, and the verdict was that I could stay.

The healer also behaved a bit strangely at the last trash packs, not healing the tank very much. After killing the mobs at the missile console, the tank called out for heals and refused to move until she was healed. I'm not sure if the healer was upset at the tank's attitude towards me or what.

At the final boss, the tank told us to stand in line behind her so the knockback would break the chains. It didn't work like that, not even once. We beat the fight in one try though, and I was just happy that I got my GF reward without having to wait in queue again. That tank was the first person ever to make it to my ignore list due to obnoxious behavior. I can tolerate a lot of ninja looting and cluelessness, but insults go over the top. I figure he's probably used to running with her guild, using very specific tactics, and he expects everyone else to know those tactics as well without explaining.

I ran two SM HS last night with the same guardian tank with my DPS guardian. I don't know what he was doing, but clearly he had no clue. My DPS tanked the whole FP both runs, much to the tank's dismay. The first run, I did my best to let the other guardian keep aggro, and gave him advice all along the way, but he just couldn't manage to do it. I drew all the aggro, no matter how hard I tried not to. When I popped into him again the next time, I just whispered the healer that I would be tanking most of it. Which would have been easier if the level 15 Sentinel with cunning gear didn't start almost every single fight the whole way through.

I also met an extremely irritating player in the Rakghoul tunnels. Not GF, or even the OP, but still. I brought my 37 Sniper to the tunnels, and apparently forgot that I had my flag on. I was sure I checked before I went in, but whatever. A flagged 55 Sentinel found me, but instead of massacring me and being done with it, he just sicced C2 on me. It must have taken that stupid droid 20 minutes to kill me.

When I was leveling an Imp alt, I kept being que'd with a sorc who:

1) Que'd as healer but refused to heal. If someone asked for heals he did not answer. Thankfully my friend que'd with me, and she could field respec into heals.

2) Was clearly spec'd in DPS tree. Did not answer when someone told him not to que as healer if he wanted to DPS.

3) Ran ahead of tank and aggro'd multiple groups. Wouldn't even offheal himself and died a lot. LOL

It was both annoying and funny at the same time seeing this guy go kamikaze and die over and over. We kept forgetting to put him on ignore, so that's why we ran into him so many times.

Yeah, wouldn't have been a forget issue with me, I would have put him on ignore and then initiated a group kick. Queueing for Heals and then not healing when you get assigned that role is something that I just flat out don't tolerate. Hell, when I am playing my healer or my tanks, I queue for that and that only, I don't even queue for DPS at all... because I don't want to respec and have to reconfigure all my skill bars with the special talent tree abilities.

I'm leveling a lowbie Mando - and I'm still low enough (<30) that I CAN queue for both dps and heals, as there is little functional difference, even though i'm specced DPS. Just pop combat support cylinder, and green-pee-beam to victory.

So i ran an athiss...I'm over level, 24, and the tank is 21 with level 16 gear...and is obviously new to the concept of tanking. The one dps is a sage who will not stop pulling and the other dps is doing mediocre damage.

We almost died several times because of too many mobs being pulled...from opposite sides of the rooms, literally NO excuse for it. I yelled about how easy the flashpoint would be if the dps would stop pulling, I even threw in a "Please".

We get to the big dog boss and the first thing I say is "Stay away from the edge, or he'll throw you off". So...the dps gets thrown off on the first knockback. We die...Next attempt I say "Everyone follow me to the corner, so he can't knock us back, and kill the little guys FIRST or they'll burn us down". So this time we manage to get through it alive. However...the tank proceeds to run immediately down to the next room and pulls a group of mobs before ANYONE got there. I had to heal him up fast and burn down the mobs, because his DPS was terribad.

Once we got to the guardians...it went to hell. Pulling too many, ignoring the patrols...not interrupting the 5 second channeled "kick your arse" abilities the sorc npc's have. After two wipes, I just left without saying anything. I didn't have time to teach the stubborn that day...they acted like the chat window wasn't open until it came time to complain about gear drops...so I knew they were receiving my directions - just ignoring them.

Afterwards I had a 55 guildy run me through a bunch of fp's so I could claim all the gear :) Now I don't care so much.