The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

It saddens me to find myself here again but I felt I must share my latest encounter in the lowbie flashpoint we all love called Athiss. I was playing my alt merc healer and got matched instantly with two mara DPS and a powertech tank. I instantly felt a bit nervous at the fact that there were potentially two rogue jumpers in the group but didn't want to judge prior to meeting them, so I hopped in the shuttle and off I went.

Porting in I saw the three of them standing around so we buffed up and... nothing. No one moves (and they're not watching cutscenes). That's ok anyway, I will lead the way down the elevators which nobody died at thankfully. First three pulls consists of mara #1 jumping in to start the fights. Heal through it because I'm a doormat.

We carry on and this continues to be a trend. Mara #1 tanking, mara #2 looking for snarlers with the bio skill which is fine, only the rest of the group won't wait. Tank is shooting things randomly. I'm getting whacked on every pull and being interrupted. There were some rooms where they moved onto the next with stuff still hitting me. I was grateful for playing a class with nice aoes and free heals at this point.

Warn the mara if he keeps jumping in and getting ripped apart I will vote kick him. Realise I am adding to the problem by healing him since this is going to make him believe he can tank/is invincible. Nobody apart from me has said anything the whole time and I look like a nagging healer. Burning my resources trying to heal everyone at droid pull before first boss as there is nobody holding aggro. They break my cc on one of the droids on the other side. Yay.

We live! First boss, mara jumps in and starts tanking. Heal him some more because I'm a mug and can't seem to find the kick button because I've never actually felt like I needed to do that before now. Also getting the sinking suspicion that nobody in the group actually speaks English. First boss goes like this: mara tanks boss, powertech tank hits the adds.

Fast forward many retarded pulls which we somehow live through and we get to the second boss. About to move into position and... mara jumps in. Boss uses its knock back, me and the tank go flyinggg over the edge of the cliff and land in the midst of a pool of mobs. Great. I'll let you guess how that one ended. Next try I warn the mara again who is probably lolling at my empty threats by this point. I would have left but I felt sorry for the tank and wanted to get him some gear, with two aim guys in the group it was dropping and I didn't need it.

I explain to him where to tank etc. and he admits it's his first time there. That's all fine, he stands where I tell him to roughly but does get knocked back into the corridor a little. Get issues with LOS healing and 4 mobs beating on me and interrupting my casts. Stood not too far away from DPS as everybody was melee so they can kill adds but nope... they want to whack the boss. I'm literally 5 metres away and they ignore the dogs ripping me to pieces. Waste healing time typing to them in chat and asking them to kill the adds... still no response. Boss goes down and naturally they kill them after the fight.

The elites prior to the boss get pulled one by one or sometimes multiple at a time in various idiotic manners, even after they've been asked to stand with their backs to the wall because the knockback will cause them to fly into another mob and aggro that one. Which happens. Again, and again. CC the extra one, gets broken. Getting fed up at this point but we finally make it to the last boss with only the one cliffside death.

Start to type tacs since I recall the tank saying he was new to this but he's already gung hoed right in there. No cleanse at my level (23) so I'm just healing through debuffs. Get to the soul rend part and it's on me so I'm avoiding them and the tank decides he's going to try to protect me for the first time, runs over and whips out his flamethrower and starts to literally fight fire with fire. All of my previous anger was quelled by this scene of pure dedication.

Right before the next soul rend phase I thank him and just mention he doesn't need to attack them, they target a random person each time and will go away themselves. He replies with "I attack everything! ^^" Then leaps into the fire and starts going crazy trying to kill them. He's stacking like crazy and I have no cleanse as mentioned so I'm activating supercharge gas and spam healing him trying to keep him up when his health is dropping, he got to 0% once but somehow survived it. Luckily he stayed out of the fire after that and we managed to complete it.

That pretty much concludes my experience, thank you for reading.

Edited by Dractonis

Athiss is always a lot of fun.

I tanked Athiss once and 7 people died on the last boss (in a group of 4). They just kept running back and the healer didn't realize he had to heal more than just the tank, so everyone died from the debuff (or the fire).

They just kept running back and kept dieing, but they healed me enough to keep tanking him without dieing so we did kill him at the end.

Lol, you mean you guys haven't heard of the GF Troll Projekt? Apparently there is a small group of people that have a private contest going on...they use GF and then see if they can get themselves mentioned in this thread. Apparently there is some sort of prize for whomever gets 25 "points" first...see this thread for details:

nice one. too bad hovering mouse on link gives real link :p

People were asked a couple of times if they had done the op or needed anything explained. Resounding silence. After the third wipe, I started checking achievements and saw that at least 4 of them had no achievements for DP.

i am new to OPS. but i always say i haven't done this before joining ops group. as i have seen many who want only players who know or done it before in their group. though i don't understand how people can do it if they never let them to. not everyone has good guild/raiding guild. but ya i understand that silence as well. its frustrating

The elites prior to the boss get pulled one by one or sometimes multiple at a time in various idiotic manners, even after they've been asked to stand with their backs to the wall because the knockback will cause them to fly into another mob and aggro that one. Which happens. Again, and again. CC the extra one, gets broken. Getting fed up at this point but we finally make it to the last boss with only the one cliffside death.

Start to type tacs since I recall the tank saying he was new to this but he's already gung hoed right in there. No cleanse at my level (23) so I'm just healing through debuffs. Get to the soul rend part and it's on me so I'm avoiding them and the tank decides he's going to try to protect me for the first time, runs over and whips out his flamethrower and starts to literally fight fire with fire. All of my previous anger was quelled by this scene of pure dedication.

Right before the next soul rend phase I thank him and just mention he doesn't need to attack them, they target a random person each time and will go away themselves. He replies with "I attack everything! ^^" Then leaps into the fire and starts going crazy trying to kill them. He's stacking like crazy and I have no cleanse as mentioned so I'm activating supercharge gas and spam healing him trying to keep him up when his health is dropping, he got to 0% once but somehow survived it. Luckily he stayed out of the fire after that and we managed to complete it.

i would have done almost same. though i wouldn't have budged out of my place until they respond with whatever english or any other language they know with. i do like to help or explain new people. but they must respond lol. you cant help someone who doesn't accept help :p but hats off to you.

Today it was great. 3 BP runs. all pugs. everyone knew what they were doing and it was real smooth and fast. i literally never stopped. pulled one after other. everyone was ok with that and was happy in end. finished BP in record times al l3 times. one of best pug day for me. leveled up twice as well.:D

Edited by Deadlynits

Well I just had another one, currently sitting in a pug 16 man SV that just got decimated by some ******es with big egos who really shouldn't be pugging.

16 M SV gets called for, it's mostly 1 guild (like 10 of the players are from one guild) and they are filling with randoms. They pick up 2 people who are on alts but their mains are from one of the older and fairly well-known Progression guilds on this server. One was a sniper and one was a healer. The sniper kept pulling ahead of the tanks despite being told repeatedly to stop. He was warned one last time to stop doing it, pulled ahead of the tanks, and got kicked. His friend said "Wow you really kicked him? Peace out lol" and proceeded to aggro every single mob in the area between Thrasher and Infiltration and then left the group. Naturally we all died.

This isn't the first time I've seen that kind of behavior from this particular guild. They get into Pug runs all the time and basically just do what they please. A different DPS from that same guild in a DF a few weeks ago (I was tanking this one) was exhibiting the same behavior of complaining constantly whenever we'd stop to explain the fights for new players and then *****ed when wipes would happen because people who were new to the operation (and who were actually speaking up when they needed explanations) didn't know what they were doing because he kept pulling ahead of everyone. Ignore lists really need to be account wide.

Or maybe it would be nice to ignore entire guilds. I understand they are well geared and do progression stuff and know what's going on but when you go into a PUG run you need to understand not everyone is used to Progression raiding and you can't just assume everyone knows everything perfectly, nor should you be surprised when people don't move through everything as fast as your progression team does.

Edited by Paintcheck

It saddens me to find myself here again but I felt I must share my latest encounter in the lowbie flashpoint we all love called Athiss. I was playing my alt merc healer and got matched instantly with two mara DPS and a powertech tank. I instantly felt a bit nervous at the fact that there were potentially two rogue jumpers in the group but didn't want to judge prior to meeting them, so I hopped in the shuttle and off I went.

Porting in I saw the three of them standing around so we buffed up and... nothing. No one moves (and they're not watching cutscenes). That's ok anyway, I will lead the way down the elevators which nobody died at thankfully. First three pulls consists of mara #1 jumping in to start the fights. Heal through it because I'm a doormat.

We carry on and this continues to be a trend. Mara #1 tanking, mara #2 looking for snarlers with the bio skill which is fine, only the rest of the group won't wait. Tank is shooting things randomly. I'm getting whacked on every pull and being interrupted. There were some rooms where they moved onto the next with stuff still hitting me. I was grateful for playing a class with nice aoes and free heals at this point.

Warn the mara if he keeps jumping in and getting ripped apart I will vote kick him. Realise I am adding to the problem by healing him since this is going to make him believe he can tank/is invincible. Nobody apart from me has said anything the whole time and I look like a nagging healer. Burning my resources trying to heal everyone at droid pull before first boss as there is nobody holding aggro. They break my cc on one of the droids on the other side. Yay.

We live! First boss, mara jumps in and starts tanking. Heal him some more because I'm a mug and can't seem to find the kick button because I've never actually felt like I needed to do that before now. Also getting the sinking suspicion that nobody in the group actually speaks English. First boss goes like this: mara tanks boss, powertech tank hits the adds.

Fast forward many retarded pulls which we somehow live through and we get to the second boss. About to move into position and... mara jumps in. Boss uses its knock back, me and the tank go flyinggg over the edge of the cliff and land in the midst of a pool of mobs. Great. I'll let you guess how that one ended. Next try I warn the mara again who is probably lolling at my empty threats by this point. I would have left but I felt sorry for the tank and wanted to get him some gear, with two aim guys in the group it was dropping and I didn't need it.

I explain to him where to tank etc. and he admits it's his first time there. That's all fine, he stands where I tell him to roughly but does get knocked back into the corridor a little. Get issues with LOS healing and 4 mobs beating on me and interrupting my casts. Stood not too far away from DPS as everybody was melee so they can kill adds but nope... they want to whack the boss. I'm literally 5 metres away and they ignore the dogs ripping me to pieces. Waste healing time typing to them in chat and asking them to kill the adds... still no response. Boss goes down and naturally they kill them after the fight.

'Hey, I've got a nice idea, let's try to fight fire with fire!' 'Yeah! Nothing can go wrong, amirite?' :D

Lol, you mean you guys haven't heard of the GF Troll Projekt? Apparently there is a small group of people that have a private contest going on...they use GF and then see if they can get themselves mentioned in this thread. Apparently there is some sort of prize for whomever gets 25 "points" first...see this thread for details:

Ack!! I've been rickrolled!

I have something of a love/hate relationship with Lost Island [HARD]. I think most people do, and will admit this, if they're honest with themselves.

Just now, that landed squarely in the "hate" side of things, although it must be said, that's not the instance's fault.

Wiped on the droid boss. People kept running into the lightning-ball AoEs, or simply wouldn't move out of them.

This understandably annoyed the Merc-healer to the point that he just said "Please kick me?" Can't blame the poor sod in the least. You can't heal through stupid.

So, second attempt, I asked everyone if they knew the fight, the idea being to try and see just how much of the aforementioned stupid might our next healer have to heal through.

How much stupid?

This much stupid:

The convo (this is verbatim, all spelling errors and text-speak/Net-speak preserved, because you really can't make this stuff up, more's the pity :/):

Me (Sniper/Marksmanship, by the way): OK, do you guys know this fight?

Derp-Jugg-Tank: Tank the boss?

Me: The mechanics I mean (IRL /facepalm)

Special-Tank: Not realy .. my job is to tank xD (<---I wish people would stop using that stupid smiley...whatever it is, it's just grating!)

Me (IRL double-facepalm): Interrupt "Incinerate" as often as possible. He drops AoE lightning-thingies that get bigger, so mDPS needs to be especially careful. Adds from the sides. I don't think the lava from the floor does a lot of damage, but move anyway. When you get an AoE that follows you, move well away from the others.

(No response)

A few seconds later "Your group is no longer in the Group-Finder queue."

Me: Woah, man, we can't three-man this guy without a healer, he's tough.

(No response)

A few seconds later, I see the animations from both these idiots that they're leaving the phase, not so much as a word (I think the other DPS didn't speak English?), and as so often happens in Lost Island [HARD], I'm the last one in the instance, all by my lonesome :(

Me: Bye, derps.

Special-tank on /ignore, out I go, back to CZ-198 for some quick Easiest [DAILY] Ever, back in queue after re-set/abandon.

E:

I'm sorry, I honestly mean no offense by this, but there's just no graceful way to put it:

I seem to have noticed that the average calibre of player on Bergeren Colony (NA West, PvE/RP) seems...well...rather low compared to the other servers I'm on. (most notably Harbinger and Bastion. I'm also on Pot5, but **** Pot5.) Is it just me, or can anyone else from BergCol corroborate/refute?

Edited by midianlord

I seem to have noticed that the average calibre of player on Bergeren Colony (NA West, PvE/RP) seems...well...rather low compared to the other servers I'm on. (most notably Harbinger and Bastion. I'm also on Pot5, but **** Pot5.) Is it just me, or can anyone else from BergCol corroborate/refute?

Nope, but I can refute you as a Harbinger player. Our group finders suck too. You give our server too much credit.

Nope, but I can refute you as a Harbinger player. Our group finders suck too. You give our server too much credit.

Oh yeah, I've certainly seen my share of players on Harbi who whole-heartedly embrace The Ball-Suck --Hell, some seem to revel in it-- but there just seems like a higher proportion of them on BergCol (queues there are quite a bit longer generally, too.)

The BergCol bads usually aren't trolls about it, like I've occasionally seen on Harbi and Bastion, though. They're just screamingly incompetent, and don't seem to care.

I've tanked some bad starter groups, but damn if I hadn't forgotten how bad it can be. Respec my shadow so I can tank because apparently pub side on Shadowlands is ultra-light on low level tanks. Hammer Station.

So, I'm level 15 with advance pieces, but still, I worry when I zone in and the Sent who's 5 levels above me has less health than I do. Whatever though, simply means it will be easy to aggro and she'll deal damage on par with what's needed for the FP.

First set of dual golds, I'm dead. I used my temp CCs, but with the level of dps the mob stayed up for a while and the healer couldn't keep up. No biggie, we'll make it through. Healer makes off-hand comment before the bot about how she'll stay alive so long as she doesn't pull aggro, which of course she never does despite being three levels above me. More on that in a second.

So, we move on and the healer comments in group that if she were the tank she'd let the Sent who keeps Force Leaping in die to teach him a lesson. I usually do this if it's necessary, but I'm holding aggro easily even when I'm not the first one in so I don't worry about it.

We get to the upper area that is DPS city from the Adavose and the triumvirate of bots that come, not to mention the gold star that can get into things. I use Force Lift, all those goodies and things are going well enough, but again the DPS is a little low and everything isn't down before the gold star comes out of stasis from the barrel. Then entereth the second gold star. Dead before it even really began, but even with slightly subpar gear the level 20 is able to stay up with the other Sent and survive.

So I notice once again that the healer was pretty much melting until the Sent pulled off of her and I finally inspect her gear. NO ARMORING in half of her items. NO MODS in half of her items. All gearing is at least four to five levels below her current level of 18. Not only can she not take hits if she does by chance get an enemy on her, but she also can't put out any heals.

The lower level Sent said he had to go and peaced. Right after that I inspected the healers gear, responded to the last of her "if I were" remarks, and left. I will be inspecting any and all groups I tank as I level from now on. Insanity.

Can confirm. FPs on Bergeren hurt my face.

They did mine at one time too, until it got to the point that I just didn't have enough hands to give them the number of /facepalms they actually deserve.

That gave my face and arms a respite from potential repetitive-stress injury, but it did nothing for my poor little brain :/

E:

I've created a lil' baby heal-Merc on BC --the intention being to "l2heal" from the ground up, as I've only dabbled with it before.

I hope I'm not opening myself up to too much swimming in boundless oceans of pain. Am I?

(Guys? Guys? If you LoS me constantly to go chain-pull way the Hell over there ------>, then I can't heal you if things go pear-shaped. Especially if I'm all over-heated from spam-healing you for buggering up aggro on this pull, which we still haven't finished killing.)

Edited by midianlord

I only play on BC, and although I am pretty casual, I haven't had too many issues with excess derpiness. Even had someone explain everything my baby healer needed to do on Athiss yesterday. But I have no basis of comparison so who knows.

(I did have a mild case today, where the healer quit Hammer Station within site of the shuttle because the tank kept running after things before everyone was ready, and then eventually we vote kicked the tank.)

Had two back to back Hammer Station runs yesterday,one somewhat bad the other quite good.

First one started out ok,even if dps couldn't figure out what targets to attack first.The pull near the start with 2 elites,a bunch of strongs and norms went sort of ok..even if i had to hold aggro on every strong and elite while the dps ran around like headless chickens attacking whatever,to prevent the healer getting shot to pieces.Got through that,then the sorc decides every pull will start with him hitting force speed,running past me and hitting overload.Annoying but not enough to stop me.Not a single CC was thrown out that run,and to top it off the dps ignored the adds at the final boss,leaving me to pick them up with smash as they ran near me.Atleast we didn't wipe :I

Second run was near perfect except for one slight problem,the sorc needed on a BH item,ran around with a str stat saber and ran out of force insanely fast,even for a low level sorc.However it was still a good run,the merc healer mainly just healed me with rapid shots,didn't really need anything else to keep me up(a healer and a tank in full moddable gear are great) and the sniper ended up handling the adds on the final boss with ease.

Got through that,then the sorc decides every pull will start with him hitting force speed,running past me and hitting overload.Annoying but not enough to stop me.

Oh god, I absolutely hate unnecessary use of overload. I've run with assassin dps on pugs who appear to think it's their primary damaging ability, and that it will do so much more damage to mobs than the orbital strike and death from above they've just pushed everything out of.

So, I'm level 15 with advance pieces, but still, I worry when I zone in and the Sent who's 5 levels above me has less health than I do. Whatever though, simply means it will be easy to aggro and she'll deal damage on par with what's needed for the FP.

First set of dual golds, I'm dead. I used my temp CCs, but with the level of dps the mob stayed up for a while and the healer couldn't keep up. No biggie, we'll make it through. Healer makes off-hand comment before the bot about how she'll stay alive so long as she doesn't pull aggro, which of course she never does despite being three levels above me. More on that in a second.

So, we move on and the healer comments in group that if she were the tank she'd let the Sent who keeps Force Leaping in die to teach him a lesson. I usually do this if it's necessary, but I'm holding aggro easily even when I'm not the first one in so I don't worry about it.

We get to the upper area that is DPS city from the Adavose and the triumvirate of bots that come, not to mention the gold star that can get into things. I use Force Lift, all those goodies and things are going well enough, but again the DPS is a little low and everything isn't down before the gold star comes out of stasis from the barrel. Then entereth the second gold star. Dead before it even really began, but even with slightly subpar gear the level 20 is able to stay up with the other Sent and survive.

So I notice once again that the healer was pretty much melting until the Sent pulled off of her and I finally inspect her gear. NO ARMORING in half of her items. NO MODS in half of her items. All gearing is at least four to five levels below her current level of 18. Not only can she not take hits if she does by chance get an enemy on her, but she also can't put out any heals.

The lower level Sent said he had to go and peaced. Right after that I inspected the healers gear, responded to the last of her "if I were" remarks, and left. I will be inspecting any and all groups I tank as I level from now on. Insanity.

i always ask mara/sorc/op to cc those droids as soon as i start. because that way i don't have to run to get aggro and our sin cc is just 8 secs which is nearly not enough there and if someone broke the cc mara can cc back as they dont have cd on them. and having custom gear without any armoring/ mod etc is bad. but i don't bother buying custom gear until 17+ and wont bother making full set of custom gear until 20 and i never had issues as healer/tank. since those fps aren't that tough and you will be leveling so fast you wont be able to meet upgrade expenses at that time imo. better to use drops and greens/blues till 17-20+ but that healer was at fault with having custom gear and nothing inside.

Oh god, I absolutely hate unnecessary use of overload. I've run with assassin dps on pugs who appear to think it's their primary damaging ability, and that it will do so much more damage to mobs than the orbital strike and death from above they've just pushed everything out of.

Well as a sin tank i used overload to open on HS/athiss fp because i didn't had any other aoe attacks to keep all mob aggro on me at such low level. later on i use it only if i have to interrupt more than 1 mob's full auto or heat beam or missiles as such. its not that bad if you are opening with it and not scattering everywhere i guess right? as how you use overload is quite essential.

Foundry fp. Me sin 37 tank with full 37 gear with 12k hp. 39 level mara. 40 level merc healer 44 level sin.

from start i used stealth+force run cc elite and open right away on other lower mob and never wasted time on cc as it took 1 sec to do all that. but 44 sin started on chat. "Dude, why do you want to cc everything? we are doing fine" after just 2 pull. but ya we were doing fine but its just my habit and good practice in foundry to just cc elite and we didnt had any toon which are aoe based. both merc and sin mainly burn 1-1 afaik. so i mentioned that healer and tank's job is easier with that cc. as elites stun me and drop aggro and run for healer in foundry.

then we carried on without cc as he didnt want cc. hk fight comes. and i ask mara to cc right droid and we kill left then right droid.

here is funny part. mara says he doesn't have cc. "i am too broke to buy abilities as i need creds on crafting" if you are crafting to sell, you get creds by that. if its just for you. it wont be that expensive imo. i couldn't ask anything else and we both sin don't have droid or 1 min cc. i ask merc to cc. ya its hard on healers to cc while they need to heal at that time. this 44 sin who has only 8k hp.(undergeared for 44) says " we can just burn it"

I felt one wipe will teach him. i said fine, lets do it your way. we tried and guess what? first round of droids did us in. and the sin "healer, why cant you heal me" i told him healer was on full heat if you hadn't noticed. and its hard on healer if both droid are up and shooting me while hk picks random one. sin quits saying this isn't how he wants to play.

i am happy. we get a sin 39 dps in tank stance. i ask him to change stance. and then all went good. with only next try we cleaned it up fine with 1 cc on droids. wish people learn cc is good and its not WOW. and 39 sin popped dr hutt and i was about to give creds to mara before he said he bought that ability. so all went smooth after.

final boss was funny. revan pushed our healer on his first push. we had cced 3 elites 1 strong where we jump from above and they rush in. and we had passed it like that. so healer couldn't run back to fight.

i used all my defensive cc's and somehow been alive and there was no off healing either as others were mara and sin. i kept boss off them . and after rock fall. i was almost at 5% health. and boss at 25% or so.

i stealth out and ran little outside range and healed up. raven was attacking both of them and sin was having 20% health when i finished healing there and taunted revan. ya. it went great without healer lol. then we went back and killed some thrash to let healer in.

Edited by Deadlynits

i always ask mara/sorc/op to cc those droids as soon as i start. because that way i don't have to run to get aggro and our sin cc is just 8 secs which is nearly not enough there and if someone broke the cc mara can cc back as they dont have cd on them. and having custom gear without any armoring/ mod etc is bad. but i don't bother buying custom gear until 17+ and wont bother making full set of custom gear until 20 and i never had issues as healer/tank. since those fps aren't that tough and you will be leveling so fast you wont be able to meet upgrade expenses at that time imo. better to use drops and greens/blues till 17-20+ but that healer was at fault with having custom gear and nothing inside.

Indeed. I ended up going back later and running it again. The new healer had only green drops from leveling, not all of it at max level, and had no issues keeping us up.

The healer from the first group said she didn't have her CC yet, though somehow in my later group those who were two levels below did =p

Indeed. I ended up going back later and running it again. The new healer had only green drops from leveling, not all of it at max level, and had no issues keeping us up.

The healer from the first group said she didn't have her CC yet, though somehow in my later group those who were two levels below did =p

The availability of a 1 minute CC for Hammer Station (normal) depends on the class:

- Sorcerors/Sage: CC is Whirlwind/Force Lift. Received at level 4, upgraded to 1 minute CC when choosing the Sorceror/Sage Advanced Class. Available for Hammer Station.

- Mercenary/Commando: CC is Concussion Missile/Concussive Round. Received at level 22. NOT available for Hammer Station.

- Snipers/Gunslingers: CC is Slice Droid. Only works on droids. Received at level 12. Available for Hammer Station.

- Operatives/Scoundrels: Has access to 2 CCs. One is Slice Droid (see above). The other one is Sleep Dart/Tranquilizer which is received at level 20 and only works on humanoids and has 2 requirements: needs to be applied from Stealth and target cannot be in combat. The 2nd CC will most likely not be available for Hammer Station (and won't be of much use even if it is :)).

- Marauder/Sentinel: CC is Disable Droid. Only works on droids. Received at level 28. NOT available for Hammer Station.

- Assassin/Shadow: CC is Mind Trap/Mind Maze. Received at level 20. Only works on humanoids and has 2 requirements: needs to be applied from Stealth and target cannot be in combat. Most likely not available for Hammer Station (and won't be of much use even if it is :)).

The thing to remember with using CC on that group at the beginning of Hammer Station is that all the CCs that are available will place the group in combat AND cause the player (players) who applied the CC to be attacked which will normally lead to the death (or near death) of the player(s).

The ideal solution is for the tank to run in and attack the group to get aggro first and THEN (and only then) should the CCs be applied (the cast for the CC should be started the instant the tank starts to run in so it lands a bit after he has aggro).

- Mercenary/Commando: CC is Concussion Missile/Concussive Round. Received at level 22. NOT available for Hammer Station.

Hammer station is still available at level 22, so the mando and merc CC is usable there, I know because I used it there when leveling my commando.

Edited by avatarearth

The ideal solution is for the tank to run in and attack the group to get aggro first and THEN (and only then) should the CCs be applied (the cast for the CC should be started the instant the tank starts to run in so it lands a bit after he has aggro).

True and that is what i meant. i just tell them to cc and as soon as they say ok or if they start channelling it,i start the fight with overload after passing the droid. best way to hold aggro and to distance other mobs from that droid which will be in cc. as usually aoe attacks breaks cc as many are new to their class at that point and bound to make that mistake early.

Hammer station is still available at level 22, so the mando and merc CC is usable there, I know because I used it there when leveling my commando.

well, if you are a level 22 and doing HS. usually you wiil be ccing it before tank says or will let us others know that you will cc it. we are talking of first HS fp expreince or players at level 15-18 who may have first time on that toon or first time for that fp itself. most of the times at level 22 you will know how valuable a cc is or how others have cced it before when you were in a group.

Edited by Deadlynits

The thing to remember with using CC on that group at the beginning of Hammer Station is that all the CCs that are available will place the group in combat AND cause the player (players) who applied the CC to be attacked which will normally lead to the death (or near death) of the player(s).

I tank HM, Raids, etc regularly and I'm aware of how CCs work. I did not ask her to pull. I ask all groups to call out CCs and to wait until I attack to put them down. The healer I was speaking of was not initiating combat by any means, CCs or otherwise, and she wasn't pulling aggro.

As I said I ran it again a little while later with lower level players, only moderately geared but with armoring and mods in slot or in greens and had no issues. In the next group the Sorc CC'd after I Force Lifted the other, and we proceeded without issue.

Edited by Prototypemind

I did not ask her to pull. I ask all groups to call out CCs and to wait until I attack to put them down.

Might be a simple case of miscommunication, maybe said healer didn't understand that you meant call out cc, rather then use cc.

Anyway sound like a case of new player, with some knowledge from other games maybe.:rolleyes:

Reminds me the time (was quite long ago, in a pug EV run) a guildmate met a sage healer with the full shadow tank equipment, set bonus included.

Edit - actually no shield generator, not possible.

His answer at first : Sage are fragile, i need survivability.

But my guildmate actually managed to persuade him to switch to proper gear :)

Edited by oturak