See the future of The Old Republic!

CourtneyWoods

Leaving aside the fact we have been told about all of this before (seems like several times) every interview or presentation from Gamescon seems to be saying the same thing with regard to new content. I'm not sure how many people have understood what I think you are trying to do with "more frequent content updates".

So let me ask this straight out, does "more frequent content updates" mean this:

August - Live event

6 weeks later - new flashpoint

6 weeks later - new warzone

6 weeks later - new playable race

6 weeks later - new operation

6 weeks later - new companion

Because if so, and you are the type who like live events you could be waiting 6 MONTHS for the next one, the same if you like warzones or flashpoints or whatever - you will get a new one every 6 MONTHS or so. Now I know a lot of us will find more than one of the items listed exciting - personally I love live events (except this one, you can keep that mega disapointment thanks) but Rakghoul was amazing) and I love warzones.

So in 6 months there might be two mini-content updates that interest me. Your own mileage may vary, I'm sure there are some who do simply EVERYTHING in game but in reality I doubt the guys who are mega in to Operations will be too fussed with a new flashpoint etc.

I would bet this 5 week mini drip feed system is what Bioware considers "more frequent content". However I would bet my house that isn't what current subscribers would consider "more frequent content". So community and dev team, am I right or wrong?

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

/yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwnnnn

Saga never ends? Really? Am pretty certain the saga of every of my toons pretty much ended when they finished chapter 3... So much for story driven MMO not a single story update in 9 months....

You really ought to look up the definition of the word "Interlude". You'd be a lot better for it.

If you haven’t heard the news already, there are many exciting new developments coming up for Star Wars™: The Old Republic™, new Operations, new Warzones, new custom items, and new ways to play the game. Plus, Game Updates will be coming more frequently.

Watch Now

OK...simply put- nice.

Where's same-gender romance? You guys promised that eight months ago and I'm getting a little peeved at not having a ballpark as to when.

That's all nice and dandy. What about chat bubbles, though? When can we expect them to finally be added to the game? Hearing "soon" all the time since launch doesn't cut it anymore.

Seriously? Chat bubbles are the one thing that this game needs to keep you happy?

I like the game. I like it a LOT. It's a great game in and of its own right. But I have a list of stuff I still want to see.

1. If there's a strong/champion/elite by a lootable chest, then please fix it so someone doesn't click it while I'm fighting that champion. Nothing makes me want to leave the game more than rewarding the bad in people.

2. Give me more character slots. I can't play a guardian because I have a sentinel. You gave me a reason to play both Empire and Republic on the same server, now you're giving me a new playable race, too? 8 character slots is simply not enough. I'm not going to delete an existing character to play this new race.

3. Give my guild some identity. The bank is nice, but how about the equivalent of a guild hall? How about the equivalent of a guild cape?

I know there's a suggestion box, and I've made all these suggestions there. I just use them to illustrate my point that chat bubbles simply won't cut it.

Seriously? Chat bubbles are the one thing that this game needs to keep you happy?

I like the game. I like it a LOT. It's a great game in and of its own right. But I have a list of stuff I still want to see.

1. If there's a strong/champion/elite by a lootable chest, then please fix it so someone doesn't click it while I'm fighting that champion. Nothing makes me want to leave the game more than rewarding the bad in people.

2. Give me more character slots. I can't play a guardian because I have a sentinel. You gave me a reason to play both Empire and Republic on the same server, now you're giving me a new playable race, too? 8 character slots is simply not enough. I'm not going to delete an existing character to play this new race.

3. Give my guild some identity. The bank is nice, but how about the equivalent of a guild hall? How about the equivalent of a guild cape?

I know there's a suggestion box, and I've made all these suggestions there. I just use them to illustrate my point that chat bubbles simply won't cut it.

Totally agree with all of this to add to point 1, how about locking the daily clickables so that people can't click them when I'm fighting the mobs that guard them?

2. I'll even pay for more character slots on one server and since the legacy is server wide, not account wide, there is never any point in playing on more than one server.

3. Guild capital ships?

I am excited at Cathar.

But none of this is the content I (and others) have been waiting for since launch. I know you need to keep the content locusts happy... but we were promised same-gender content this year. And we expect it. So don't let us down.

Before you ask, yes, seriously. It's not an "agenda", and it does matter to some players.

I am excited at Cathar.

But none of this is the content I (and others) have been waiting for since launch. I know you need to keep the content locusts happy... but we were promised same-gender content this year. And we expect it. So don't let us down.

Before you ask, yes, seriously. It's not an "agenda", and it does matter to some players.

Agree with your post, except the part on the Cathar. Personally it seems like "Human with cat face", to add to the "Human with Blue Face", "Human with implant face", "Human with green face", "Human with red face", "Human with horned head", "Human with Tatooed face" et al. I mean other games races actually have different proportions and require different skins for armour and such.

Seems like the smallest effort possible for a new race really...

The cathar as a playable character sound cool which is for the republic, so I wonder if the empire will also get a new one also, and will they be giving us more character slots on each server?

I really want to go to naboo, mustafar, the transoshan planet, the wookie home planet,geonosis, and would even pay for more companion races like a gungan warrior companion.

Edited by erichcs

The cathar as a playable character sound cool which is for the republic, so I wonder if the empire will also get a new one also, and will they be giving us more character slots on each server?

Cathar will also be an Imperial race - representing a break-away population of Imperial sympathizers.

Agree with your post, except the part on the Cathar. Personally it seems like "Human with cat face", to add to the "Human with Blue Face", "Human with implant face", "Human with green face", "Human with red face", "Human with horned head", "Human with Tatooed face" et al. I mean other games races actually have different proportions and require different skins for armour and such.

That's probably why it's coming in the first expansion. Then future expansions can only get better. If they made an expansion with lots of extravagant creaturistic playable races with different proportions and new skins, then threw the Cathar in somewhere down the line, it might be more disapointing than if they throw it in now.

if you haven't heard the news already!!! Guild wars 2 is coming out soon!!! At least they gave a date!!! Oh and if you haven't heard already, you're losing a chunk of customers!!! Good job on free to play! Because you will not make any profit from existent customers who are actually wanting to pay your goddamn asses to make up something for the future.

if you haven't heard the news already!!! Guild wars 2 is coming out soon!!! At least they gave a date!!! Oh and if you haven't heard already, you're losing a chunk of customers!!! Good job on free to play! Because you will not make any profit from existent customers who are actually wanting to pay your gosh darn asses to make up something for the future.

Isn't GW2 pvp only?

What am I missing in the video that shows the future of the game? Is it that HK was not shown, so he is being removed now? Everything else has been seen, and talked about.

The future of the game is we can expect another video about the future of the game, soon. :rolleyes:

I'm surprised HK wasnt there. Any reason why?

I think bcause he has his own video already ;)

For the Cathar, you would think they would show the character creator and some of the different looks instead of a couple seconds of a tiger looking guy from far away.

if you haven't heard the news already!!! Guild wars 2 is coming out soon!!! At least they gave a date!!! Oh and if you haven't heard already, you're losing a chunk of customers!!! Good job on free to play! Because you will not make any profit from existent customers who are actually wanting to pay your gosh darn asses to make up something for the future.

I've been basically paying my subscription lately just to help support this game in hopes that it will improve. However I'm pretty bored atm. With the F2P model coming... There really isn't much incentive to keep paying. I might as well unsub and get just about as much enjoyment out of it for free.

I agree. Where are the Bothans?