See the future of The Old Republic!

CourtneyWoods

Ya know, I've been TRYING to defend BW for quite awhile now. Saying "give them time, they'll straighten it out"....

It's getting REALLY hard to continue doing so. Until last night, i hadn't even logged into the game for 2 weeks. With this new of a game, that shouldn't be happening.

There seems to be a BIG sign on every "new" post BW makes that says "not getting it". They don't seem to understand WHY players are disenchanted or upset. That's not to say they haven't done some GOOD things. But there seems to be too much "put a new skin on it and call it new" going on. I mean, a new playable race is nice and all, but with as little endgame content as there was to begin with, most players that are GOING to play more than 1 toon have already created them all. So they're not going to go re-roll another of something they already have played JUST for the sake of a new species.

P.S. PLEASE don't "add" anything more to the "space missions". Just work on a kick *** x-pack and give us some REAL space usefulness!!!

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you haven’t heard the news already, there are many exciting new developments coming up for Star Wars™: The Old Republic™, new Operations, new Warzones, new custom items, and new ways to play the game. Plus, Game Updates will be coming more frequently.

Watch Now

If you haven't seen the player flow chart lately, many are unsubbing due to being neglected.

And coming more frequently.

Anyone else put off by this stylistic choice? Star Wars is about more than grindy cogwheels and metal parts.

Yes and no.

Yes, because it's just further proof that steampunk has gone even more main than mainstream (mainstream quite a while back).

No, because despite the more-main-than-mainstream I still happen to like steampunk.

Although I'm always startled when I initially pull up my gunslinger to play. Just a singular thought, every time: so I'm still playing Star Wars, right? still captain of an XS Freighter and not an airship, I hope? ;)

Seriously, though, I wish they'd step away altogether from stylistic choices for the time being unless the stylistic choices have to do with more story content outside of fps/ops/wzs. One can dream *shrug*

Dear Devs,

Please stop being so vague with actual dates/times/etc. The community would really appreciate it if you would stop being so secretative with everything. We had to wait 4 months just to get a peep out of you about nightmare EC coming soon...still waiting...and now you are saying TFB is coming in september great thats a little better. Could you please give us actual dates though? I would like to know how long I have to wait in between content updates. The 6 week estimate/promise BW gave earlier isn't good enough since we know there are always delays. It would be nice to know what exactly is coming and when. Instead I feel like every event or new piece of content is an ambush...they just pop up out of nowhere and if Im lucky I find out maybe 10 hours in advance and thats only because I find the info on some fan site because you guys fail to post the info here first. I'm getting tired of the ambushes and vague responses. Give me actual information with details please!

Can plz you just stop with these useless trailers?

You're even still displaying the 1.2 gear players found horrid and non SW looking.

You know some of us have still hope the game could be successful.

You are making fool of yourselves and hurting the game more than anything.

Seriously guys it's like you are trying to preach by the example what not to do marketing and communication wise.

If you have nothing to say then just don't advertise it.

Edited by Deewe

I Love this game, I really do, star wars has always been a big influence on me, so I think this game is exactly what star wars fans need.. but at the same time i have yet to see one reply form an admin or moderator answering the many asked questions in this thread, all we want to know is when is this coming out or when the HK droid is available. The many planets being open areas was a great idea, the crafting FANTASTIC, classes are all star wars oriented and great to play with, so instead of adding more of what we already have why not go through these forums, see what your gaming community wants, then meet those needs and expand the population! I could never get into world of Warcraft, to me this game is better then WoW, but blizzard listens to their players and meets their needs. No one cares about the overall vision you people have, we want an original and fun game, but it can only go so far before its just to pathetically overwhelming. Free to play will still diminish your game, over a few years this game will die, you people want to save this game then look at all the ideas people have and act on them, the players who play your game everyday and love it for what it is, will always have ideas to throw around, just saying, sometimes its good to listen to other people and act on those ideas.

Courtney Woods please tell the devs we are tired of the same information we had over a month ago. This video is nothing new and tells us nothing of whats planned for SWTOR in the future we don't already know.

You can easily see I'm a supporter and defender of SWTOR by my past posts but this was just a lame try at fooling people into to thinking new solid information was being released. I clicked on this video all happy with glee thinking about damn time we got some solid new information only to be pissed off.

Edited by Galvatron

It's been said, but I'll say it again: You covered this with a video from E3, which originally had the Cathar in it then you had that cut out for the trailer you kept on the website for some odd reason. (Did you hire Big Brother recently? Am I going to be taken to the Ministry of Love after I post this?)

It had no ETA, other than soon-ish I'm sure. Which was fine, awesome, great, terrific, I'm laid back and one super awesome Bioware fanperson who worships the ground you walk on. I've been a Bioware fan since I played KotoR, if someone ask me my favorite gaming company I answer: Bioware

The problem is, I followed TOR from the time it was a rumor and I got all excited when they announced the team down at Austin and I was like "ooooo, KotoR 3..." then I found out the MMO bit and was like "Ooooo, I kind of like MMOs but they lack story, and I'm sick to death of fantasy which I never liked as much as science fiction anyway).

So I followed this game from that early on before it was officially SWTOR, I ate up every little bit of news, preached your virtues but at the same time I kept a level head... I'd watched the videos, I knew what I was getting and I was happy. I was happy when I finally got into beta in July of last year and got to stay in and finally I wasn't just pining away playing other games while waiting for the real one to release. I bought the collector's edition, I've been subscribed since day, I've rolled my eyes at idiots who've picked you apart and on occassion foolishly replied to these same people.

Now though... this video... I'm not saying it's the sole cause, ME3's ending was a kick right in the sensitive parts and killed a little bit of that rabid Bioware fan in me... but that video kind of hurts. You're so afraid to give us a timeline because of course people will rip you apart for it no matter how you preface it. Which you did with the launch too... The problem is silence is a killer, especially now. I love the activity you're kicking up, or trying to anyway. The problem is you're still afraid to answer questions it feels like. Future content is super secret! At least the release date of it. You can't even say when you'll put something on the Public Test Server apparently?

I understand the fear, but you're telling me this game is going Free to Play, you're telling me this game costs 15.00 to buy a copy now. So you're spending time making this free to play and thinking up ways to make money off that while giving me another video of the same content you've named with only a few quick shots of something going on and absolutely zero information on WHEN.

I never had a problem with monthly subscription fees, because I tell myself it's server upkeep, bug fixes, and new content. On the other hand, I absolutely hate with a passion this "Free to play" crap because it's not free to play, it's a lie that the public is so happy to buy into. Maybe your prices will be reasonable... though I have no faith in this thought and will believe it if I see it. When I see it.

tl;dr

I admit, I'm a little snippy because I'm not much of a fan of any of the races and at least Cathar is new and I think it'd fit perfectly for my Commando and probably my Bounty Hunter so really all I want to know is when can I get my Cathar? That'd totally mellow me out a little bit.

Free to Play has me worried about the future of a game I spent years following and I've spent over a year playing (counting beta), and that you're spending all your time on this instead of rolling out the stuff you mentioned in June for the people who're still paying you money.

Your fear of giving us information about new stuff is annoying. Please ease up on it. We're not America and you're not North Korea. Communication is nice, communication with actual news is nicer.

I want Nautolan and Togruta as playable races dammit. but still im excited and its like some guy said we know this is comming. we just want to know when. my bets are after gamescon where they prolly wil reveal allot more

you are announcing more content more frequently, but that's already what James Ohlen stated five months ago.

Since then, updates have become rarer and rarer (1.1 being one month after launch, 1.2 two months after 1.1 and 1.3 3 months after 1.2....), and you've had two rounds of layoffs.

I'm especially doubtful as you're announcing the new operation for next month but the test server is still down, therefore none of the cutting edge guilds would be able to give you any feedback on the boss mecanisms and strategies, and you won't get any bug report.

I don't know who is in charge now since none of the recent announcement have been done by James, but that person knows even less about proper development cycle than James...

/yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwnnnn

Saga never ends? Really? Am pretty certain the saga of every of my toons pretty much ended when they finished chapter 3... So much for story driven MMO not a single story update in 9 months....

This. Character story is the most important part of the game for me, so unless they add more to it, as soon as I'm done with all my toons storylines I'll be gone :rak_frown:

Edited by Negranit

lol ***? What did u guys just take the part aobut the lvl cap raising out and re release the same vid? So glad i unsubbed when i did. coming soon ... coming soon... coming soon .. Anyone else tired of hearing that? This **** wont be out for months and by then gw2 and mop will be out and this game will be done except for the f2p people. Its like they released this vid months ago so everyone has been waiting ever since and then u release it again so back to waiting .. I tohught last vid it said this **** was coming out summer. Just like u told us more patches would be frequent months ago. I think u guys put content on the back burner so u could work on free 2 play instead of making content for the poeple who actually pay the monthly sub fee. whatev it dont matter. I'm not even gonna bother checking up on the site for any info on new stuff anymore. well maybe in like 6 months when **** is actually on a ptr.

I know this will most likely go unread, but hell...

...I wish bioware would focus on something that was given to the community to control. Be it faction controlled sectors from world pvp, guild ships... well more things that keep you playing after 50 that dont involve rinse and repeat warzones and FP's / Ops but a community rewarding system. It's 2012, there is very little excuse for why complicated and damn right f'in "holy ***" thats awesome" things cannot be implimented.

Anyone can be a programmer / artist but not everyone can be truly creative with their abilities... do something about it and stop being bland when you know you can expand where no other has gone. Take a gamble, be interesting.

Don't get me wrong i enjoy the game but feel let down by how much potential it has to be something above and beyond. Full voice overs were a start... but not something you should base your reason to play a game on.

This is a nice video, I must say. But I am getting a sense of deja vu, I feel like this is just a rehash of the video from E3 which also told us about this stuff. And that was awhile ago! If you want to make me (and presumably many of your other fans) happy, pretty please, give us DATES! They don't have to be specific, just the season/year or a month would do.

Pardon my pouting, I am just not enjoying being teased again about playable Cathar which for all I know won't be coming until Christmas. :(

If you haven’t heard the news already, there are many exciting new developments coming up for Star Wars™: The Old Republic™, new Operations, new Warzones, new custom items, and new ways to play the game. Plus, Game Updates will be coming more frequently.

Watch Now

That's all nice and dandy. What about chat bubbles, though? When can we expect them to finally be added to the game? Hearing "soon" all the time since launch doesn't cut it anymore.