See the future of The Old Republic!

CourtneyWoods

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If your going to release a new playable race please oh God please let us have a Re-character creation or whatever they are called because I am not re-rolling again.Also rough estimates of release dates would be fab too because I'm getting a bit twitchy around the eye waiting for new content to come out...:jawa_frown: Edited by Darth_Exar

If your going to release a new playable race please oh God please let us have a Re-character creation or whatever they are called because I am not re-rolling again.Also rough estimates of release dates would be fab too because I'm getting a bit twitchy around the eye waiting for new content to come out...:jawa_frown:

I'm sure they'll eventually have a species/race change down the line (at the tune of USD/Cartel Coins). Can't blame you about rerolling, I wouldn't want to either, but I'm sure the Drones will tell you to reroll anyways since story and all that is the main pillar supporting this game:rolleyes:

Cathar! Really? I can think of two dozen species I'd rather have as playable in the game. Have the Mandalorians not exterminated these flea bags by this point anyway.

"Everyone's got some serious dirt in their history, ma'am. In the days of the Old Republic, we Mandalorians wiped out at least one sentient species just to prove that we could—the Cathar. Are we ashamed of that? I hope so." Wad'e Tay'haii Mandalorian Historian.

Makeb looks good though I don't know why you feel the need to invent new planets/have canon planets in the wrong sectors, get a copy of Star Wars The Essential Atlas if you're stuck. Cathar? Really?

Edited by blueger
More information

The ideas you have mentioned - lemme know if im getting this wrong - are mainly mini games. They are great ideas, ive thought of these ideas and many similar ideas myself. However, why all the raging? It is perfectly normal in my eyes that the dedicated makers of SWtOR want to get the main game up and running before implementing tons of mini games -> which though as awesome and necessary as they are: are icing on the cake.

(Isnt the fudge frosting generally the best part?)

I have no fear, absolutely no doubt, that these sort of ideas and more will be implemented at some point in the future. SWtOR is new! Give them a chance! If they had to have everything perfect before releasing the game then we would still be waiting many many years before it would even come out! Be glad you can play some of the content now, while waiting for the rest to be designed and made.

Cool your raging rakgouls! :rak_03:

Your point is good and well thought out. But the problem is that the "MAIN GAME" is a strict WoW clone painted over with a Star Wars skin. If SWTOR had been planned out differently in a non-WoW sense... then undoubtedly this conversation won't be going on. It's the fluff that is required right now to keep the subscribers in my personal opinion. Perhaps I am wrong... perhaps you are wrong. But to be so sure is to wait and see... but unfortunately I won't be here until this game is able to capture my attention again.

Raging Rakghoul is necessary.

Your point is good and well thought out. But the problem is that the "MAIN GAME" is a strict WoW clone painted over with a Star Wars skin. If SWTOR had been planned out differently in a non-WoW sense... then undoubtedly this conversation won't be going on. It's the fluff that is required right now to keep the subscribers in my personal opinion. Perhaps I am wrong... perhaps you are wrong. But to be so sure is to wait and see... but unfortunately I won't be here until this game is able to capture my attention again.

Raging Rakghoul is necessary.

Well, if you think about it, we wouldn't be having this conversation if BW & EA hadn't failed to live up to the players expectations and released a bunch of better stuff earlier on like they said they would. But, then again, I think the players are expecting too much. SWTOR is everything BW & EA promised it would be, but when it came out, suddenly gamers were expecting so much more of the game.

Where was HK?

Also why cathar and not togrutas?

The one thing those cat people are good for is:

Target practice on my BH :D

Actually cathar will be good for PVP since i can enjoy frying the kitties :D

I was suprised about absolutly no zeltron in the game (or at least the imp side) I feel like cathar would be harder to work in to the game, tortugas would be easy, simply modifieing the twi'lek model a bit. Zeltron is just as easy to model off humans as miralians or chiss, so they should be in as well.

I was suprised about absolutly no zeltron in the game (or at least the imp side) I feel like cathar would be harder to work in to the game, tortugas would be easy, simply modifieing the twi'lek model a bit. Zeltron is just as easy to model off humans as miralians or chiss, so they should be in as well.

Yeah but Zeltron's are even less known by casual SW fans than Cathar and let's be honest don't help the "furry" demographic. There are literally a dozen species that would be easy to add many of which are already in game as NPC's, hopefully Cathar is just the tip of the iceberg.

I am very unhappy with this game, I'm going to gw2, at least their maintenance is in European hours, it is translated into my language, it will have pvp outdoor i will pay only for the game no more payments, and most importantly is a game where the ability is more important than the gear.

The only real question I have is whether or not we will be able to buy more character slots per server somehow.

I was OK with not having room for a human character, cause humans are boring. But now I'm not going to have room for a human OR a cathar character :(

The only real question I have is whether or not we will be able to buy more character slots per server somehow.

I was OK with not having room for a human character, cause humans are boring. But now I'm not going to have room for a human OR a cathar character :(

Agreed we need more character slots per sever, especially since the legacy is server bound and at this point I refuse to make alts without my legacy.

If your going to add a new species, are you going to add professions too? There should be at least 8 different crafting professions and 16 gathering professions. There isn't enough now/.

Also will you be opening up character slots? What about those who have 8 classes already?

Edited by treetorn
spelling

If your going to add a new species, are you going to add professions too? There should be at least 8 different crafting professions and 16 gathering professions. There isn't enough now/.

Also will you be opening up character slots? What about those who have 8 classes already?

And what will those 16 gathering professions be? :jawa_confused: Turning hunted beast parts into some-what useful stuff? :jawa_confused: Like a deer's sack into a bullet satchel? :jawa_tongue: I've done that before! :jawa_biggrin:

And what will those 16 gathering professions be? :jawa_confused: Turning hunted beast parts into some-what useful stuff? :jawa_confused: Like a deer's sack into a bullet satchel? :jawa_tongue: I've done that before! :jawa_biggrin:

Yeah I tend to think they need to work on making crafted gear more useful in game rather than adding a bunch more professions that have limited use.

There's only 4 things I need to know....

1 - When can I roll a Togruta toon?

2 - When can I roll a Nautolan toon?

3 - Will they be available to all classes?

4 - Will we have more character slots and/or race change so we don't have to delete existing toons to use new races?

Isn't this "new" trailer of yours just a rehash of

?

I've been quite passionate about this game for a while now and I rarely if ever complain, but your vague "coming soon" trailers and empty promises are starting to push me and other people to cancel our subs. There was absolutely nothing in that video that was exciting.

That was a horrible video. For one, it looked like every other video, and by this point that equals underwhelming. The Cathar looked silly. No mention of HK-51? That is probably the most anticipated feature so far announced, and it makes me think you are now going to use it as bait. We'll see, but I hold out zero hope for any marked change in the games direction based on this video.

One thing terror from beyond showed me, however, is that it isn't just SWTOR that is dying; it's the whole current MMO paradigm. I think people are just sick of the WoW clone raiding system. I know I am. I pray one day for a company to finally break the current trend and make something truly innovative. I'm certainly not holding my breath, which would be dangerous to my health.

I am a MASSIVE fan of star wars and bio-ware, but honestly you promised us new stuff months ago and i'm still waiting, this has to be my favorite game but to keep it like that you have to keep introducing more new stuff because the more you make people wait the more people get bored and get scooped up by more exciting games that are coming out.

I love this game to pieces but it just kills me that the people who run it, keep people who PAY monthly waiting in hope for something, anything to come out! I have made friends on this game than i wouldn't of been able to do on any other game. This game has so much that could be accomplished but your holding back ALOT.

For starters Cathar, honestly! I think most people here will agree with me that there are more BETTER species that people would get more of an experience out of. If i wanted to see walking cat people, i would ask my cat to stand up on his hind legs.

The planet looks great by the way which is a... highlight of the trailer.

At the moment your losing a lot of fans to the new guild wars 2 just becuase you keep them on their toes for too long.

Where the hell was HK-51 he is the only thing keeping me attached to this game and i've heard nothing about it since your introduced you were going to bring him into the game when ever you did say that!

I know im a little snappy (well little more than i will admit) but you cant blame anyone, as you keep us in the dark for too long. This problem would all go away if you just listen to new and fresh ideas that the public has to offer! if you just unite with your fans this game would make WoW look bad!

Just please do something NEW with the game before its too late!

The new content will have a new planet with continued storyline. To my understanding that will include a new level cap, yes. :tran_tongue:

New content seems to be coming out every 2-3 months, and as the interviewees mentioned it would be particularly soon (considering when the last one came out) im guessing the next content is coming end of this month.

http://www.swtor.com/gameupdates/1.3-allies <<- take a look at the dates yourself if you havent already.

Doesnt anyone understand that developing stuff actually takes time???? :csw_jabbapet:

I type this knowing you are all going to throw raging Rakgouls at me... but: Patience is a virtue. Seriously.

What you "seem" to think doesn't match what I view as reality.

Do you realize that we are in month 9 since release and we actually have LESS PvP content than we did 9 freaking months ago?! Since launch, we've gotten ONE Operation, 2 worthless flashpoints and one extra box for PvP...1.3 wasn't even worthy of being called an 'update' - it was tweaks and fixes - NO new content!

Don't you realize how pathetically slow Bioware is?! We have given them time - 9 months...in return, we've been given pitiful updates, tons of broken promises, "soon" and F2P. Games need stuff to do...SWTOR severely lacks stuff, and videos like this give the players absolutely no hope.

You also make the crazy assumption that we'll get more THIS month?! Why do you assume that?! Where have the ever indicated that Makeb would be this month?! They've pretty much stated that the event was it for August. Maybe we'll get a new FP in September...that'll be exciting huh?!

In my opinion, we are receiving absolutely horrible service from Bioware and it's reflected in their player retention. There's a very good reason they have lost nearly 2 million players - that's 4 of every 5 who spent $60 on the game who have quit...it's THAT bad.

I do not see so far....

I do mainly PVP at warzone.

Today statistics: 3 wins then 10 lose and we can not be able to win anymore today....it seems to me.

I have a commando gunnery but there are more imp char I can not do anything with......

I ask more balance in game warzone please.

For example: bounty hunter - powertech uses only Fire burst everytime and everybody with only one or two skills!!!

Sith sorcerer also........

Also missing open world PVP.

Is it the future of SWTOR? I delete the game instead....