Class Feedback

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Level 50 Concealment OP:

(This goes for both Concealment and Scrapper, If you're going to buff one, buff both please, they both need the help! :D)

1. We're generally perceived as weak and horrendously underpowered, nerfed to the point of not being useful in PvP or PvE anymore. I have been votekicked to make room for marauders on occasion because of this.

2. 1-49 I didn't understand all the hate towards this class. it was fun, I had no issues with damage (most of the time, damn healers!) and I generally placed in the top 5 most cases in PvP. But then I got to 50 and felt more like an annoyance to the enemy and less of a real threat. I felt more useful dragging people away from a point for 30 seconds then dying rather than actually doing damage. I really felt like I could only kill people with terrible gear or half health. It's not a real issue with our openers, just how useless we are afterwards considering the long cooldown on our in-combat stealth ability.

Also: Bring back the damn giggle!

Edited by Callmeboba

1. How do you think your Operative spec is perceived by other classes?

Medicine-

PvP - OP buy the enemy, a preferred healer by friendlies. I think most of the OP consensus comes from good Cross Healing so they seem impossible to kill.

Concealment -A laughable annoyance.

2. How do you perceive your own spec?

Medicine -

The only viable spec we have, and I have rolled an OP mara for dps. Which is very sad, as I find Operative as the most fun class to play, but 2/3 broken and this is the only spec of value.

Concealment -

A joke in both PvP and PvE. They backstab nerf was too much and the Damage has not scaled well at all since 1.2 and 1.3. I have gotten much better gear and my dps output has not increased much, especially burst, which is our bread and butter.

In lvl 50 PvP I have gone from being a major threat to a Glass mostly broke cannon. It is very hard with itemization to get crit stats to respectable levels. And our Burst Damage is a joke now compared to other DPS classes that are scaling and critting ridiculous damage. Our Bread and Butter Backstab, not only is it not doing the proper damage, but other classes are able to get Much higher Single hit Crits from Ranged and 360 degree angles.

In PvE I have gone from someone that can stay near the top in dps to on a good day being 10-15% behind on my best days.

Concealment operative.

1. How do you think your operative spec is perceived by other classes?

PVP

Many people think that class was overnerfed and is not really threatening now. Undergeared and inexperienced ones really hate us because they die very fast (they would die as fast against any other class, but at least they can see them).

PVE

The class isn't welcomed in operations because of it's reputation of one of the weakest (if not the weakest) DPS class. Plus it's a melee class without a gap closer.

Personally, i really like the class in both PVP and PVE. I do the highest damage in my guild on most operation bosses (including Denova HM). It's a strong class but really challenging and unforgiving to play. I don't mind challenge but I think the challenge could be more rewarding. I have to work very hard on my gear and rotation to do numbers that other classes can acheive with less effort. Also it would be nice to have some sort of a gap closer and different buff icons for Acid Blade Coating and Armor Penetration Buff.

1:

Healing: Hard to kill / Overpowered, especially coupled with a tank.

2:

Healing: We are hard to kill, harder than the other healers. Perhaps we should have a nerf, like a small cost to surgical probe (around 5 energy?). Or perhaps other healers should be buffed, or perhaps the damage just need to be lowered. Or maybe you need to look into interrupts, powertechs for example dish out an insane amount of damage and can (if specced) have a 6 sec CD on their interrupt which locks out a heal for 4 seconds. Operatives are only strong because compared to the other healers we have instants.

Clarification: I only play PvP.

Edited by Majspuffen

Concealment - PvE - sub par DPS for flashpoints/operations - a waste of a DPS slot, would rather bring a different class on a raid who has more to offer for the group.

Concealment - PvP - Most other players only see us when we leap out from stealth with some burst damage, this gives the general impression of a high dps class,.

Concealment - PvE - Its ok, but brings nothing to the table, other classes can do the same (and more) The current content can be difficult with the lack of a gap closer as we need to retreat from many boss encounters to doge an attack then return and start DPS again.

Concealment - PvP - A solo class, is best for holding a point where you can leap out of stealth to defend (nova / voidstar / civil war) ... but .... with the implementation of ranked warzones, this class is often neglected in favor of the other stealth class which have considerable more PvP related utility. (ie hutball force sprint / cc immuninty)

In short for any PvE/PvP with concealment ...

Why take them ? They bring nothing usefull to the table - other classes have far more friendly group utility and DPS.

Edited by Leathen

Medicine PvE/PvP, only level 39 but that gives me 30 points in Medicine. I also have done some extensive playing Lethality so I'll cover both.

1) In PvP, we're pretty much universally loved by the team we're on. By far, the Operative is the best single-target healer. Against a disorganized team, I can stay alive seemingly perpetually. 200k healing is not unusual. If I am seen, I can vanish, but it typically only works for long enough to make someone drop target if my probes are on someone, so I'd better be out of sight by the time I pop back out. Flash Bang is helpful only if I'm not getting assists from my team.

In PvE we're always appreciated as we keep everyone covered in green goop perpetually and provide eye-popping burst heals when it counts with the Kolto Injection + Surgical Probe combo, and spamming SP on a target below 30% can mean the difference between wiping and finishing the fight. We can also CC two targets simultaneously and Flash Bang the rest, which is unbeatable CC.

2) I see Medicine Operative as a class with a high difficulty level, but a lot of undeniable advantages. It's enjoyable to play and very effective.

Now for Lethality.

1) Little known, because most Operatives are either healers or vicious stabbies. If an Operative is seen out of stealth, it will typically be focused and shut down as highest priority. It's well known, though, that if an Operative gets the drop on you, you're dead, so if you hit something that's alone, they will do everything they can to get rid of you rather than face you one on one, and you will not have a gap closer to cope with it.

2) In both PvE and PvP, the Lethality Operative suffers from its setup time and complex rotation. We sorely need a ranged TA generator. And unless we're running with a very high Critical chance, Energy management is also a serious problem, similar to the same tree for my Sniper. Furthermore, being a DoT rotation class, our vanish is useless as we will always be in combat again instantly. However, there are some things that the Lethality Operative can do that no other class can. Having our melee stun up every 30 seconds means you will almost always have it when it counts; Evasion lets you selectively dodge powerful attacks such as High Impact Bolt, Master Strike and Aimed Shot; and it can be useful for off-healing with just two points in Medicine, as well as gaining a way to gain more TA procs in PvP. And in PvE, it has the same utility benefits as every other Operative, if not a little better for the talented debuff on Flash Bang.

How am I perceived by others?

People whine a lot about Operative healers being overpowered, and unkillable. But they kill me all the time...I draw a lot of attention early in the PvP warzones, and get marked, because I'm an operative healer. This means I get focus-fired into the ground. Doesn't seem too overpowered to me.

How I perceive my own class?

I'm the supporter. I keep the glowbat swingers alive long enough to do something useful. This usually works, unless the scenario described above happens. Then I just die a lot. I can't do anything on my own...unless nobody's around in a warzone or somebody's at 20% health. There's not a single class I can 1v1 unless they're woefully undergeared. It forces me to be the tagalong. If I DON'T have a Jugg or PT guarding me, then I'm extra useless, because I end up dying before I can even get a heal off. Again, unless the opponents are woefully undergeared. No solo-utility whatsoever unless I get that perfect scenario where my sleepdart hits one person, debilitate on the other, then they BOTH use CC breaker, and I flashbang them...in that one scenario, I can cap a node. In any other scenario, I'm the tagalong just healing others.

Other classes view the healing operative as underpowered (PVE) and not viable for endgame raiding. I know this for a fact as I was bumped out of my raid group because we had 2 operative healers. The leader said that having 2 operative healers was not viable for tackling Denova.

I have had a lot of fun playing an operative healer. I appreciate the rarity, as you do not see healing ops very often, and I think the class spec can hold it's own against other healing classes.

Edited by Tmanarl

Concealment

PVP - After the amount of nerfs this class has received over the course of the game, most people consider conealment operatives to be nothing more than annoyance and not a real threat. Nor would anyone wanna take a concealment operative over an (any spec) assassin into ranked warzones. We are considered a free kill even with our defensive cooldowns.

PVE - There are concealment operatives that PVE?

Medicine

PVP - Very difficult to kill and over powered for a healing class even after the recent nerf to self heals. Very welcomed in ranked warzones.

PVE - Probably one of the most useful healers in PVE and couples well with either of the other 2 healing classes.

Concealment

PVP - There are so many limitations on this class compared to the other dps classes. Because this spec relies on stealth and openers, once someone survives it, our damage is not comparitable to a healer to heal themselves to full health while continuing to dps and interupt. Our survivability is non-existant.

PvE - I have never attempted or will I attempt to do an operation or flashpoint as concealment. Our sustained dps is too much of a joke to even give it a try.

Medicine

PVP - I recently changed specs to Medicine to become more viable in warzones. It's like night and day compared to concealment. Healing on an operative almost feels like I am cheating when comparing the two specs. Compared to sorcerer healing, the difference between survivability on an op healer far outweighs the survivability of a sorcerer.

PVE - I haven't yet tried to heal in a flashpoint or operation as an operative, but I imagine that their resource management is incredibly easier than that of a mercenary or sorcerer.

Edit: Condensed a bit more after reading the guidelines to the number of sentences per question.

Edited by Fayme

Healer : top healer ingame for PvP, a must have in any setup. With my sorc, I have really a hard time trying to kill him as he has many instant casts which give him awesome kiting ability.

Other specs : after so many nerfs, hardly anyone plays anything other than healer. A few good players remain.

I've been lvling first as Concealment and I never had so much frustrating experience in the game... kill a pack of mobs, rest, kill a pack of mobs, rest, and so on...

Changed to Medicine a few weeks ago and I couldn't believe how stupidly easy it was to heal with Operative. I've been having a lot more fun now, hardly even stop to get my energy back.

As for endgame pvp, I can't really say as I haven't reached it yet.

I'm widely perceived as the best PvP Concealment Operative on my server and I'm probably most recognized for still playing the spec through all of the nerfs. I think other people perceive Concealment as a very situational spec or build. Good for guarding a point, or good for ninjaing a point.

I perceive the spec as a bit underpowered. The energy consumption nerf after 1.2 is extremely noticeable. I find myself resource starved extremely quickly. In the end, I feel concealment is more about controlling a target than anything else, and I find with a full resource bar I'm quite able to do that. However, sustained combat leaves limited options. In addition, though it was never documented in any patch notes, the nerf to stealth is extremely noticeable. Even fully talented, enemies have very little trouble seeing me.

Concealment - Perceived as a broken class, but if the player is skilled can deadly (i.e. our operative frequently tops dps charts in raids)

Lethality - rarely see operatives playing this tree, cannot comment

Medicine - I have played this spec since release and have full WH and a PVE set of Rakata/BH/Campaign gear, I enjoy the mobility and utility and could not see myself playing another healer class and I think it performs pretty well. I think sorcs and mercs are still the preferred healing classes for raiding,

As to playing this class in pvp I would like to see a bit more survivability i, possibly have escape cancel out DoT effects as a skill wouldn’t be horribly out of whack since it’s on a 3min countdown, also I would like to see the "Med Shield" skill replaced with something useful, I don’t think you would find many players spec’d in that talent

Concealment PVE - a net DPS loss. The lack of any kind of gap closer means DPS while chasing an enemy down is limited to throwing grenades (expensive energy use) and pew-pew. Your best attack (hidden strike) is useless for raid bosses.

Concealment PVP - recent nerfs have made them less deadly and more of an annoyance. If you don't let them backstab you, you'll be fine. Their root is annoying, but at least it isn't a stun.

Concealment PVE - I spend a lot of time chasing down mobs. In solo play, I abhor the mechanic of conversations that end in fights because it means that I don't get to start the fight with hidden strike. I frequently experienced a wipe on the first attempt (without hidden strike) and then the fight was easy because I could start it with hidden strike. For operations, I feel bad, because I know my DPS is inferior to my guildmates' and to my sorcerer alt.

Concealment PVP - Hidden strike is fun. The cooldown on escape is so long that I will intentionally die (to the point of standing in acid or fire in Huttball) in order to get out of combat so that I can be invisible again and use my best attack. Along that theme, it is extremely hard to get out of combat. I can kill an opponent and be standing around for seemingly forever not doing anything, but I will get the in-combat error when I try to enter stealth.

Concealment overall - I don't play my level 50 operative much any more. The character is not as much fun as it used to be. I'll probably respec to heals at some point to see if that is worthwhile. The character may be a candidate for deletion to get another character slot, which is a shame because I really enjoyed his class quest and used to enjoy playing him.

About concealment and PvP :

Underpowered. Not wanted in PvP groups : I had to switch to medicine to be able to find place in ranked warzone groups.

Looking at the scoreboard and numbers, there is no doubt that the spec underperforms compared to other classes. Lack of utility is another problem. And... What is wrong with stealh?! I invest points in stealth and still get spotted from 5-10 meter distances.

About medicine and PvP :

OP healers are welcome in PvP groups. Many people claim that this is the best PvP heal spec due to its mobility.

I have been playing the spec for only a few weeks. I have no trouble finding groups and I feel that I contribute a lot to the team. I don't think that the survivability of the spec is 'too much' as claimed by some. Mobility helps a lot when not focused, but with proper focus...not so much. I don't enjoy playing a healer, so I may sacrifice ranked warzones and MVP votes, and swith back to concealment.

PS We want it(the giggle) back

Edited by justadisplayname

Concealment Operative

An annoyance with laughable 'burst' - but a good damage add if the target is at less than 50% health...

"Generally Concealment Operatives seem a bit of a joke right now." This - I learned I should have min maxed WH equip to be taken seriously in pvp.

Pre 50 - somewhat fun

Post 50 - in WZs I'm kind of a freak - there are very few Conc OPs left even on merged servers.

I learned that I had to work much harder to achieve the same effort for the team than most other classes. Sometimes this is fun nevertheless, but mostly it's frustrating. Today I seldom play my Conc OP anymore. Getting nerfed again and again and again makes my OP a dull boy. Oh, and did I mention 'gap closer'?

As a healer Operative I feel that our class gets a lot of flack for being over-powered in PvP. Most feel that it is on par with other healing classes for PVE content.

I feel that we are average, when it comes to the top rated pvp teams. Many of the top teams like having agents because we have solid throughput and good utility for most warzones. Many teams have problems killing operative healers simply because they don't know the abilities that operatives have. Consulars/Sorcs are abit more gear dependent for their survivability in many matches, once they get into BiS gear a skilled healer is still difficult to kill, their throughput for healing is solid though even in lower tiers, they're just abit squishier than agents at that point. Mercs are roughly on par with agents, but don't have as high of healing output in rateds it seems. Agents have solid utility, and that's largely why we're wanted for warzones, not because of our straight healing throughput. It also depends on the warzone as well, consulars/sorcs do alot better with huttball than any other healing class with similar gear and skill level in rateds simply because their types of utility are better for that specific warzone. It seems to me that agent healers are at a good point right now from a throughput and ability standpoint. The people calling for nerfs of agents will probably be quiet once they actually learn how to deal with agents like most high ranked rateds teams have already. Not knowing how to deal with a class isn't reason to nerf them.

Edited by Lougimbook

I use the medic spec.

1. I think the spec is generally well-received by the community, and only on rare occasions do I feel my fellows would rather have a different healer. This is with regards to the more powerful ops-wide AoE (area of effect) heal provided by Sith Sorcerers, which some boss strategies incorporate as a method of dealing with various mechanics.

2. I feel the medic spec is reasonable powerful, and with the right skill and knowledge, it can overcome all healing tasks. However I feel the spec is mostly about the management of resources, and the lack of power behind the spec's HoT (heal over time) spells feels like a letdown. I feel this spec is powerful, but not very interesting to play.

All specs:

Fix the damn stealth bug where a DOT on your companion puts us back combat after using cloaking screen.

Concealment:

1) remove Jarring Strike's knockdown, and rework it to give it concealment better sustained damage.

2) reduce the cooldown of Sever Tendon.

3) meticulously kept blade should affect Laceration

1. See my sig, basically.

2. With great gear that you've painstakingly optimized, you can be decent and will still lose more often than not against most classes straight up if you're pure Concealment. Pretty much sums it up.

From a PvE perspective (my main spec is healing but I dabble in dps)

Healing: Solid healing capabilities and one of the strongest healing specs currently.

DPS: very weak dps and lacks the utility of other dps classes and what they can offer the operations group. All burst damage and no "real" sustainable damage. The weakest melee class and the least desirable to bring to a group setting.

Healing: I do find it a very strong healing spec but it lacks the variety of other healers. Kolto Infusion needs to be made worthwhile in PvE to mix up our healing rotations a bit. Keeping up kolto probes, spamming our kolto injection and surgical probes becomes very stale after a while.

DPS: You need to put in a lot of effort and still fall short of maintaining the dps that other classes can do. Very weak dps class that I feel is struggling to stand alone from the healing spec that is dominating the class currently..

PvE-Heals: Decent single target healer that lacks good aoe heals, still second to sages and sorcs

PvE-Heals: Over powered (could be blamed on ease of content), simplistic and lackluster at times. Great burst dps though as a healer/

Lack of good AOE heal? I'll tell you my RN ticks for 850-950, with just me and a merc healer (his AOE heal is a freaking single tick kolto missile on a cooldown) have healed through HM KP and EV, you know how AOE heals is needed during 24 unique missile barrages at the start of EV, I've never had problems with that. Would've been way better if it's 8 targets instead of 4. Edited by Sookster

Not viable for PVE unless specced heals. Not viable for RWZs unless specced heals.

2. How do you perceive your own class.

6/33/2 - conceal til I die. I do okay, but if I make one mistake I die. My only issue is that as an operative when a Mara or Sent stealth why are we the queen/king of sneakiness stuck in combat and the Mara/Sent aren't.

No idea. Don't PVP. Play for the story line.

Awkward, weak but intense - since the sniper class is the first time I've come across a sniper who can't conceal and has a big flashing advert in front of them - I try to play this class as a hybrid (lethality/concealment) sniper in PVE, who has stealth, works from range but also tries to be a utility class, taking things even more slowly than my hobbled Shadow, again mainly by over-levelling.