Class Feedback

I've got a healing Op, and I mainly do PvE but also toss in a bit of PvP to keep things interesting.

1. How do you think your Operative spec is perceived by other classes?

Healing- For PvP, they're seen as one of the best, if not the best, but survivability can really be an issue, especially if you get focused on by the other team. For PvE, seen as good healers, probably a close second to Sorc heals. Definitely more mobile all around.

DPS- Probably underpreforming and a bit of a liability more than an asset. Weak when you could have a Sent/Marauder instead.

2. How do you perceive your own spec?

Healing- Perfect. Dont need to change anything. Right where they need to be in terms of balance. Not as high healing numbers as Sorcs, but we make up for it allowing much more mobility and flexibility.

DPS- Misunderstood. I admit I haven't tried it yet, but feel it has a bad reputation to begin with. Feel people need to adapt better at learning how to use the dps side of the class, since it involves much more thought and planning, but class definitely has its problems. Weak survivability is hard to deal with, and while having a lot of interrupts and stuns are great for PvP, they can be a liability in Endgame runs because a lot of bosses have an immunity to them.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Concealment Ops spec

Very weak post 1.2, especially compared to ranged classes such as Pyro Powertech, and the other stealth class assassin. Assassins get vastly more utility and passive tanking abilities (taunt off GCD, AoE taunt from stealth); all concealment heals are cast time and actively detracts from dps. Revitalizers from stim boost is a passive heal but it is not nearly enough to counter incoming damage.

Lacking in utility and gap closers which other dps classes have - grapple/leap.

* Stealthing should be our gap closer, but cloaking screen is on a long cooldown, and most classes have AoE abilities/scan they know to use immediately afterwards, so it is mostly a wasted effort to use it, unless in a huge melee scrum.

* Also have to save Evasion to pair with it since if you are dotted it up, you will be revealed again by the dot.

Our one trick pony is burst and that is largely countered by active use of snares (auto-applying ones that and other CCs which prevent the spec from being viable in rateds.

30-point Healer spec.

Raiding viewpoint

1. many people still see operatives as sub-par healers.

2. i feel after playing all the healers that in the right hands Operative healing is one of the best. Its not as easy as you have to be proactive and not as strong of AOE heals Sorc, however it is great mobile healer and great for raids.

I dont PvP with my Op but I suspect people seem them as annoying due to stelath with what seems very high DPS. In PvE stealth means leaving others to die, mixture of ranged and dps attacks makes cover difficult to use to less use that a sniper or a DPS speced BH.

Good suvival in PvE. Nice to have heals and dps, stealth to get out of battles when it all goes wrong. A nice class for solo game play although as a dps/healer its hard to get into a group. Personaly while I thought I would like cover due to all the back stabs and shiv attacks I spend much of the game just crouched next to an enemy which looks stupid.

These opinions are based off of PvP only as I have yet to play this character in PvE content.

Healing: Perceived as Overpowered, extremely hard to kill.

Concealment: A wasted spot on a warzone roster, an annoyance / easy kill for any semi-geared casual pvper, yet dangerous to under geared / unskilled pvper's.

Concealment: I really enjoy this class as it a major underdog and takes more skill to be successful at in it's current state. The abilities are lackluster, we lack survivability, utility , and sustained dps compared to the other stealth class and are completely laughed at when forced out of stealth. Our higher end PvP gear doesn't support the stats we need and the set bonuses are laughable. Our defensive abilities are useless against most classes, we have no viable gap closer, our cloaking ability has too long of a cool down even when talented and most of the time breaks for no reason. The only positive to this spec right now is that there's so many fresh pvper's on recently merged servers that we can actually do well in some regular warzones.

Edited by Sicious

Concealment Operative

PvE Liability, low-survivability and mediocre dps.

High amount of effort for only a medium-yield in terms of dps. I have maxed gear and cant even compare with sorcs and maras who are similarly geared. No reason to bring a concealment operative over ANY other class.

Concealment: A burst DPS that can not sustain DPS output and whose role could be filled better by other DPS classes.

Concealment: A burst DPS that is viable for Flashpoints/Ops/PVP, but is near the bottom in terms of DPS during any fight that lasts longer than a minute or two.

I am a 8/2/31 lethality operative and have been for months

1) How my class is perceived: It's kind of a hipster spec, not many people know how it works for OP's. I have often been called out for being an annoying coward who is there at exactly the wrong time and always runs away/heals when faced with an attack. Also, most people don't know how to clense poisons.

2) How I see my spec, awesome. I love the run and gun/evasive gameplay, but I get irked by the fact that in order to do single target damage I need to dip into melee range where my defenses are even worse than those of a deception assassin. The 10M range on cull isn't too bad, but the melee range of shiv is awful. I think the spec needs to at least have weakening blast at 30 M, especially for PVE where we are far too squishy to stand near the boss but must do so in order to dps (Gharj's 5k swipes/stomps anyone?)

For healing: Competitive in both PVP and PVE - considered strong single target, not as strong as Sorcerers in AOE.

For DPS - No experience personally for PVP, but for PVE, DPS operatives are the least desired class to bring to an operation. Their damage output is lower, they have no gap closer, and less utitlity than other melee classes bring.

Concealment: Underpowered for sustainable damage, bursty, clunky. I enjoyed it while leveling, found the mechanics monotonous on boss fights. I don't like the Acid Blade refereshing mechanic. I had no issues doing the easier content, but on hard progression, it is a pain.

Lethality: Better mobility and sustained damage, but difficult to keep track of all dots along with Tactical Advantage and Stim Boost, especially with Shiv being the only available Tactical Advantage builder. Still not very fun/desirable for PVE.

Medicine: I'm fairly happy with healing, I feel that in PVE, Operatives have a solid role beside other healers. My only complaint about healing is I feel like my toolbox is somewhat limited. It would be nice to have something other than just a straight heal for emergency situations.

Edited by chuixupu

Mainly as an annoyance. Easily detectable in stealth before they get in range in most cases. Easily "kited" due to no speed or gap closing abilities. OK DPS, but nothing to worry or write home about.

Concealment - Fun... but also sup par at level 50. Nothing to close the gaps between yourself and your target (this is true for both PvP and PvE). With nearly all good attacks requiring melee range and/or stealth it makes raiding as DPS operative difficult and regularly ignored. In PvP Operatives are too easily detected while in stealth and their DPS needs a slight boost due to how easy they are to kite and get away from.

Suggestion: In addition to the slight raise in dmg output, give Operatives a "combat roll" ability. A gap closer that will break stealth, and cannot cross any terrain you cant walk across. Lands the Operative behind the target unless that would force you off a ledge. Put a 15-20s CD. Allows Operatives to somewhat give chase to targets trying to kite you, will allow them to get to targets quickly like all other melee dps, but will not allow Operatives to get in quickly for a "stunlock" in PvP. (obviously mirror ability can be put into place for the Smuggler mirror class)

Edited by Blaac

Concealment

I think at this point most people think the Concealment spec is at best balanced for PVP and at worst totally useless. They have been nerfed in almost every patch and I think people mostly just feel bad for the players of this class. For PVE, FPs, Raids, no one wants a concealment operative because their burst DPS is useless on boss fights and they are too fragile for melee damage.

I think they are useless in almost every PVP aspect, and useless unless solo against normal, strong, or a single elite mob without numerous companions. If you remove their situational abilities they have like 3 attacks total as almost everything depends on getting into stealth or gaining a tactical advantage that doesn't last long because this class has been nerfed into the ground while the energy costs and cooldowns were all increased and damage decreased. Concealment ops need seriously buffed because they should be dangerous and difficult to play and should have people complaining that they die to them; that's what dangerous classes should be...scary.

Medicine

People see this as the best healing class in the game right now and I agree. The ability to heal prior to receiving damage is loved by tanks and the rapid heals are loved in all situations.

The channeled heal is a useless skill and this class has far too few attacks (especially against bosses). The heals are generally amazing and I wish all other classes could heal as well as operatives can. The ability to combat stealth can be a total lifesaver/timesaver in 16 man raids.

DPS Operative

Concealment- Stealth assassins that has high burst, but once the burst is over the target runs away and you get laughed at. No Group utility for flashpoints/operations, no gap closer so a liability in fights that require running to a target before it explodes

Lethality-Long ramp up timer that hurts the spec in both pvp and pve. No real way outside of shiv to gain the much needed class buff called Tactical advantage to use the main burst move of the spec

Lethality is clunky with a long setup time. It has to be paired up with medicine to even gain tactical advantage to manage stim boosts and culls. It's rotation is more clunky than a concealment operative and even less energy efficient than a concealment operative.

Concealment, in comparison to other dps classes, seem sub par. No gap closer really hurts in most of the boss fights in denova. Sustained dps outside of the burst is weak, and the energy management of the spec and it's clunky rotation is terrible when compared to other DPS classes. I have myself out of PVE content as well geared as I am, to make room for classes that have more utility and higher damage.. IE Marauders and powertechs. Oh and honestly, a talent that you gain 1 energy every time you dodge or resist in concealment? We are not tanks, Our survivability is less than that of a deception assassin.

1) Perceived by others as mostly an annoyance that keeps sneaking up and stabbing everyone. At least all I think when on other characters.

2) A very fun class to play around in but really not very useful other than healing due to the whole tactical advantage thing being kind of a pain.

PvP opinions only I do not PvE

1. Concealment: High burst then just shoot once and you can ignore for the rest of group encounters, highly random with damage due to high dependance on backstab and hidden strike crits. Unlike a few other classes no autocrit is available for key skills so gearing must be heavy on crit making the +damage drop. Tech damage is also mitigated by soc buff and various other sources along with being weaker by design initially, this makes the class a one trick pony with a dice.

2. Concealment : High Burst low sustained, no sustainable or quickly repeatable (less than 15seconds missing a skill not needing a gap closer) rotation. Energy issues due to conflict between burst "kill" mentality of the class and the punishing nature of the diminishing energy regen system. Being kept in combat longer than intended due to poorly made dot/heals keeping our damage from being effective, and being completely ineffective until you outgear and outskill your opponents with many classes having no chance of losing to this class.

Concealment: Weak DPS. Not worth bringing to HMs or RWZs Over nerfed class that has been left to rot and only gotten consistently worse patch after patch.

Lethality: Confused tree. Stat boosting DOTs but not much real damage. Little burst with Cull costing so much energy and requiring T/A generating skill.

Concealment : Worthless tree for HMs or RWZ

Lethality: Needs T/A generator outside of melee knife attacks

5 char

My main is a concealment op and i only pvp.

Concealment is perceived as its Hidden Strike is perceived. An annoying knockdown with a lot of damage attached for bursting down one target. That is to about 80% of the player base the other 20% this is weak in sustained damage. The under geared players will die to this spec and not want to deal with the fight since they can not see it coming. To equally or better geared players they are laughed at cause they can not do enough damage to be a threat.

Medicine is perceived OP. They have enough skills to get away without having to stop healing their target. Also, with instant heals you can not interrupt their healing. This means you basically have to burst them down which presents a huge challenge with flash bomb, cloak screen and line of sight.

Lethality- Most people do not know this is a spec or i assumed that was a sniper till i hovered over the persons name plate

My Op has ~ 1850 cunning, 835 power, 36% crit and top end primary damage of 1100.

Concealment is a spec that you have to learn how to fight each class. If you know how to counter the opposite classes you stand a real threat to any none skill player that is not equally geared. When fighting the lesser geared players i find they do not know what to do and just simply die. When fighting a geared person i have to use every skill i have to counter. If i make one mistake or loose stealth i have a good chance of loosing the fight (if i even had one). This is related to how dependent rng crit and positioning, bad energy mechanics, not enough burst or the lack of sustained dps, bad stealth bugs/mechanics, and arguably the worst survivability in the game. To add to that after 1.2 the spec feels more clunky almost like its missing a skill. Lastly, it feels like we have to only use cover for EP which also goes against the play style of a movement class. It would be to have another special ability and not have to crouch to use EP.

On the positive note its my favorite play style ( 1 vs 1 fights and burst ). I love how its not just 3 buttons like a powertech or how you need to know how to counter the other classes abilities to actually be successful.

Healer

Good:

1. Instant heals - nice in PvP.

2. A lot of controls

3. A lot of self defense skills

4. Best healer for 1/2 targets

5. Hard to kill

6. Stealth - sure it's an advantage

Bad:

1. Lose in group/mass healing to sorceres

How others perceive us?

Cheaters, which is very hard to kill, the best healers in PvP.

This is from a PVP perspecive, Medicine spec.

1. Hard to kill because we can heal a decent amount with instant cast abilities, which means that they are uniterruptable and we can use them while moving.

2. Fun and exciting, because it feels as though you always have a lot to do, and there are several ways to do things. This means that there's a lot of times where you have to make decisions on what to do and how to do it, choose what to prioritize.

Second, this is also from a PVP perspective, Concealment spec.

1. Annoying because we can stun someone for what feels like a long time, and it happens suddenly when coming out of stealth.

2. Not fun, because the spec is so dependent on slowly creeping up to the target in order to then burst them down. This would be fine, but the problem with this is that when we finally do catch up to a target, our burst and ability to control the target (with for example roots, snares, or any other way to stay near the target) is either not any better or worse than that of some other classes. This then means that we feel very weak because it takes us significantly longer to move from one burst opportunity to the next, than every other class and spec in the game.

Edited by Rassuro

1: Subpar DPS, generally unwelcome in any flashpoint. Roll heals or sit the bench.

2: DPS is weak, rotation is wonky and full of holes (imo it just isn't smooth to play), no gap closer for a melee DPS class is BS (I don't care that the devs think it would be OP, it wouldn't be), too heavily reliant on stuns and burst (burst in 1.3, that's a laugh) which in PvP just means a full resolve bar and a 2/3 dead opponent (if he isn't getting heals), I want to stabby stabby, not stabby stabby shooty shooty (maybe another stabby if I'm still alive). The class just feels like a mishmash of poorly implemented ideas and a silly "rotation" that isn't a rotation at all. Sort of a clunky glass cannon that works more like a glass peashooter. Melee DPS classes with no survivability buttons suck.

Healing.

Best healer in the game - very mobile and very difficult to kill both in PVE and PVP.

Concealment

Mostly useless in PVE due to low DPS. Mediocre or even bad in PVP, although in good hands can play a viable role in the game.

Lethality

Can do some DPS in PVE and PVP, but mostly useless: in PVE there're classes with better DPS, and in PVP it lacks burst and thus utility - great numbers do not always mean great contribution to victory.

Healing.

Very good and interesting tree to explore, but I ve been playing DPS since the launch and now I don't wanna repeat the gear grind circle.

Concealment.

Although my damage is a piece of **** in PVE, it's in PVP where I'm truly enjoying my class.:cool: Although I'm struggling to top 3 DPS board, I usually do it (unless there's some good PT or mara) and I m not gonna drop my class no matter what nerf you are preparing to me, dear Bioware.

Lethality.

Again, I usually use it in raids (on those rare occasions I'm taken in ops), in PVP I tried it but wasn't lucky so far.

Heal:

PvE: Good Healer, preferable Tank Heal.

PvP: Hard to Kill, if busy not much Heal for the rest of the group.

Concealment:

PvE: Holy ****, i thought your class sucks. Well, no. Only the Players you encountered so far.

PvP: Did someone wrote down the license number of the bulldozer, which just crushed me ?

Heal: Best single Target Heal i've played, Groupheal not very good, want a Sorc or Merc as Partner for that, but even with 2 Operatives i've no problem to clear out EC hc.

Concealment:

Damage Output in PvE is okay, could be slightly better. In Overall Damage after a fight, I'm only close behind a Maurauder and a Sorc. The rotation could be a bit more accessible, e.g. longer TA runtimes would be a charm.

PvP .. well, something regarding mobility would be nice. Even if not, i'm killing everything, thats fine. It's nice on the new Server, people dont know me and still attack voluntary. So i dont need to move that much. Only the kicks down from a platform (Huttball, pursuing the Ballcarrier.. ) are frustrating as Hell.

I play a Concealment Operative, PvE only.

My guildmates are particularly tolerant of my quirks, but the public opinion of Concealment DPS is much like that of Beast Mastery hunters or Feral or Balance druids in vanilla WoW - spec healing or get out...or just get out, in the case of the Beast Masters. In other words, public opinion is that Concealment DPS is, for the most part, "useless" in PvE. Hopefully some changes to the AC would reverse this negative public opinion, but it will take a little time.

I have decent fun, playing my Concealment Op...but that's the story, not the mechanics. There are things that I find rather annoying that I think might benefit from fixing. Difficulty in finding the "sweet spot" that enables rear attacks like Hidden Strike or Backstab , lack of a gap closer, and the feeling that I'm just not contributing as much to the damage as others are chief among them. I also don't like it that I know full well once I get my boy to 50, it'll be an uphill battle to find a pug Operation or Hard Mode Flashpoint, due to aforementioned public opinion.

I've been playing Concealment Operative since launch for PvE, have also tried Lethality.

I am only invited to raids because I'm reliable and know how to play, there is no reason to choose a DPS operative over an assassin or marauder. My DPS is low. I'm slow, squishy and have no decent utility. Yes I can heal, cleanse and combat res, but these are almost never required.

Despite hours of theorycrafting, optimizing my gear and dummy parsing. I still can't keep up with people who have likely not done this. As a PvE player I don't appreciate being constantly rebalanced for PvP, with no compensation for PvE.

This class needs a gap closer, much better sustained damage, some 'fun' abilities and a utility skill that makes us useful in operations - something akin the the Sniper's 'Ballistic Shield'. Make them only useable in PvE if you have to.

Otherwise this kind of class suits my playstyle, I just really hope it gets fixed soon.

Operative dps is viewed as weak. This is because it is a finish move class. It finds weak opponents and kills them. It does not do continous dps but has killing blows. Perhaps if you added killing blows to the pvp scoreboard it would get more love. With that said, yesterday in a losing voidstar I was top dmg and top heals with most kills and killing blows.

I play a full tree operative. I tried hybrid builds but I prefer to change my playstyle to meet the spec rather than the other way around. I stay in stealth waiting for kills and in between heal with stim boost or I heal myself and or teammates. I would love you to enable TA to stack higher than 2 though.