RP-PvP "Lord Calypho" - Excluded from Transfers...

LovarBoy

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ven Zallow PVP-RP East

so far there is one. check the list a bit closer:P

Yes you are right, need an eyecheck :)

But to be honest it makes no difference. It is in line with everything what has been said.

European RP-PVP servers are getting no transfers.

Edited by vandana_

Yes you are right, need an eyecheck :)

But to be honest it makes no difference. It is in line with everything what has been said.

European RP-PVP servers are getting no transfers.

that ill admit is a let down. hopefully they will have some plan to merge them all into one large group somehow..

Is the population really that bad? All my characters are on Lord Calypho and thought it was okay.

I read earlier someone saying there was only 10 on the fleet. I have NEVER seen that at peak time. Maybe at 9 in the morning... never at peak.

Granted I don't group often but when I've wanted to do a flashpoint I've never had a problem. Never had to wait to do BT or Esseles.

On the subject of PVP, yes you don't see many opposition faction, that is more to do with the game than the population. I don't do it often but PVP queues are quick.

I had a quick look at EU server populations expecting Calypho to be quite high and was shocked that it ranks about tenth.

Maybe part of the problem is that even though it's flagged as an RP server there really isn't any RP, at all, ever.

Are people that aren't on Calypho popping up with opinions without knowledge?, are people over-reacting because every one else is moaning about server populations? or am I just not expecting enough?

Are people that aren't on Calypho popping up with opinions without knowledge?, are people over-reacting because every one else is moaning about server populations? or am I just not expecting enough?

The latter. The server should be thriving with people at any time of the day. Fleet is a central hub for all players - 10 people there at any time is fail. And even 60-90 that we have in peak time is not enough to run any flashpoint you want, not even starting on pugging operations. Warzones - yes there are some, mostly the same people playing them over and over but with rated Warzones incoming how many teams will be really competing in them? Two, three? Not even sure about that. There is one 16 man raiding team (and we sometimes have to pug additional players). Judging on how many people are in Denova on Sunday evenings maybe a 1-2 more 8 man guilds Imperial side. RP - I don't personally do it but I have seen a lot in the past and these days there is probably just a bunch of veterans still doing it.

I don't know how a healthy population should look like. Developers of this game should know it but that is not the case. All i know is that the current population is pathetic and in the beginning of the game we had 5x more players everywhere . I have seen dozens of people leaving the game, population dropping like crazy and something has to be done about it NOW.

Edited by vandana_

The latter. The server should be thriving with people at any time of the day. Fleet is a central hub for all players - 10 people there at any time is fail. And even 60-90 that we have in peak time is not enough to run any flashpoint you want, not even starting on pugging operations. Warzones - yes there are some, mostly the same people playing them over and over but with rated Warzones incoming how many teams will be really competing in them? Two, three? Not even sure about that. There is one 16 man raiding team (and we sometimes have to pug additional players). Judging on how many people are in Denova on Sunday evenings maybe a 1-2 more 8 man guilds Imperial side. RP - I don't personally do it but I have seen a lot in the past and these days there is probably just a bunch of veterans still doing it.

I don't know how a healthy population should look like. Developers of this game should know it but that is not the case. All i know is that the current population is pathetic and in the beginning of the game we had 5x more players everywhere . I have seen dozens of people leaving the game, population dropping like crazy and something has to be done about it NOW.

Constructive response.

I wouldn't say the population is pathetic though. While it's true at the moment you can't run any flash point you want at any point in time, I'll reserve full judgement till the group tool comes in.

The population has seemingly decreased, however it tends to go in phases. The Rakghoul event for example, very busy. I'm not playing much currently due to the Euros. We've recently had a big extended bank holiday and it has been overly long since an update.

No matter, there are server populations worse than this one. Lord Calypho is not a priority and won't be for some time.

The biggest issue is if they allow people to move from LC to a regular PVP server is that it could kill the server itself. The RP group that does exist may give up altogether.

Besides it's an initial phase in which populations will be monitored. Nothing is going to happen anytime soon.

^This.

I wish they had more specific sever population markers. When you see "light" all the way down, all I can think of it is "I highly doubt there is that little variation in the population of servers."

I'm sympathetic. I'm sure all 12 people this applies to are very upset.

hehehehe.

Funny but true!

Looks like they'll have to wait for paid transfers later. Remember, there's an advantage to NOT being given an option to transfer. Everyone stays on your server. Once you are marked for transfer, your server is unofficially dead because most will transfer off to another server, leaving that server very empty.

I agree with Lamech, Lord Calypho is ok as till yesterday.

We had 60 on fleet Republic side. Peak time is 1900 - 2200 CET.

You cannot say peak time in 0900 AM!

All this panic want help solve pop issues which are not as bad as some people as saying.

I have fate in BW that our server issues will be solved.

I agree with Lamech, Lord Calypho is ok as till yesterday.

We had 60 on fleet Republic side. Peak time is 1900 - 2200 CET.

You cannot say peak time in 0900 AM!

All this panic want help solve pop issues which are not as bad as some people as saying.

I have fate in BW that our server issues will be solved.

60 people on Republic fleet is not enough to enjoy this game as an "MMO".

Also 100 people per fleet are not enough. Sorry, we're playing an massively multiplayer game and 1.3 will introduce dungeonbrowser and ranked warzones - both not cross server.

So everybody needs more than this player numbers. I guess 200 people per fleet won't be enough to enjoy the features that 1.3 brings...

Care to explain why? Because you are wrong in this instance.

In the end this transfer will finished with a server merge.

So why hesitate the final solution with things super-complex transfer (crap)? :rak_02:

Edited by LovarBoy

ok, now I'm really pissed. What's this about? 20 people on fleet at primetime on friday! Let us transfer to regular PvP servers! I really don't care about RP at this point.

Give us transfer or I'm leaving this game and my whole guild too.

I honestly don't know why they even did that. Restrictions. :rolleyes:

The biggest issue is if they allow people to move from LC to a regular PVP server is that it could kill the server itself. The RP group that does exist may give up altogether.

Keeping all those who want to transfer to play this game on a healthy population server at the cost of keeping RP-PVP server for the sake of it and against their will is not a solution. The transfers aren't obligatory for those who want to stay. And while in practice they may in the end have no other option but to leave - that shouldn't justify other people being held on this server by force.

Anyway, I believe the great majority of people in Lord Calypho (and other language servers) would like to have an option to transfer. And even if we are not in majority - there is no problem then because if there aren't that many of us nothing will change for those who will stay.

To make everyone happy - those who just want to PVP and those who want to RP - it should be possible for us to move to either PVP or RP-PVE server. I deeply regret to say this but the current state of European RP-PVP servers clearly shows that this type of server no longer has raison d'etre.

I have a plea to all those who jump in here and tell us what's best for us - stop doing it. We know better.

Edited by vandana_

At the end of the day this game is supposed to be a "MMO", nothing about 60 people at "PEAK" on fleet comes close to that discription.

No matter what people say, they made a mistake in making so many servers availible from the beginning, it should have been a reaction process as to when servers begin to fill to capacity, then create a new one.

If the game servers where run correctly then the idea of "Peak" times would not be an issue, just like in the early release phase it didnt matter what time you logged on there was a waiting time to get into the server 5-10mins and the server was always near capacity.

BW tried to create a RP server, without giving the RP'ers out there what was requested and promised on numerous occasions, they may seem trivial to some people but to the gamers that keep RP going they are the foundations.

If something is not done with the 3 Euro RP servers then they will be dead in the water, in my opinion the best solution would be either merge all 3 together and hope the population boosts the 1 server or allow the transfere off those onto regular PVP/PVE servers and hope the RP eliment continues there.

But as the previous poster has stated please dont tell us whats best for us when you are not stuck on the server without any hope in sight of help from the DEV's

Server need some love, as a customer i call BW to do homework. Check our server statistics , check with your own eyes active accounts and give us new recruits. If you leave server on his own than let your customers to transfer away.

What would you suggest that they do? Do you want to force people to play on an RP server?

One thing BW should not do is force a choice of server type on players. About the only option they do have is to merge the English/French/German RP servers together, but the language issues don't make that a very good option.

Other than that they could just announce a transfer from your server to a non RP server, and that will be the end of the RP servers in the EU.

Edited by Arlbo_Nabbins

This is BS and im not saying just for the people on the EU RP-PvP servers but those of us on Ajunta Pall that were hoping to see more players come to Ajunta Pall,it looks like we will see noone.

Furthermore BW has not done any policys with names and the role play is within guilds 90% of the time.

You get to move to Jung Ma, so you will be able to play on a higher population RP-PvP server.

Partailly right in that its not BWs fault, but Its not the players, its the percentage of players that want to go RP-PvP, its always going to be small.

What difference does it make who's or what's fault it is. Just open the damn transfers.

Is the population really that bad? All my characters are on Lord Calypho and thought it was okay.

I read earlier someone saying there was only 10 on the fleet. I have NEVER seen that at peak time. Maybe at 9 in the morning... never at peak.

It IS that bad. At the moment of writing of this post there are precisely 16 people at fleet.

And they expect me to pay a sub for THIS ? o.O

Edited by Rogoo

What difference does it make who's or what's fault it is. Just open the damn transfers.

What transfers?

Suggest what transfers they can offer, there are only 5 real options whether they nominate the destination server or let you choose it.

1. Transfer EU servers to US ones within the same type (leaving French and German speaking players in the lurch and raising ping)

2. Transfer the EU RP servers together within server type (which means 3 official languages on 1 server).

3. Offer a transfer to a non RP server (which means no more viable RP servers for the EU).

4. Transfer the RP-PvP server onto the RP-PvE server staying within the language group (no more RP-PvP for the EU).

5. Transfer all the EU RP servers to 1 RP-PvE sever (no more RP-PvP and language issues).

Pick one. Note that 2, and 4 won't give you a full server, just one that is better populated than it is at the moment. Only Options 1 or 5 could produce a full RP server and 3 gives you a full server but no RP.

Edited by Arlbo_Nabbins

BTW, my guild members are already sharing The Secret World beta key on our forums... maybe Funcom won't treat us as second category dupes.

This was the funniest thing I've read here in a long time.