RP-PvP "Lord Calypho" - Excluded from Transfers...

LovarBoy

3. Offer a transfer to a non RP server (which means no more viable RP servers for the EU).

[...]

3 gives you a full server but no RP.

That's not a problem at all, since there is NO RP whatsover on this server. NONE. NADA.

I mean, it happens between guild members, but in the open world ? Never.

Not even the freaking naming policy is being enforced.

So there you have it, RP servers are completely USELESS.

Just let us transfer to a PvP server.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What transfers?

Suggest what transfers they can offer, there are only 5 real options whether they nominate the destination server or let you choose it.

1. Transfer EU servers to US ones within the same type (leaving French and German speaking players in the lurch and raising ping)

2. Transfer the EU RP servers together within server type (which means 3 official languages on 1 server).

3. Offer a transfer to a non RP server (which means no more viable RP servers for the EU).

4. Transfer the RP-PvP server onto the RP-PvE server staying within the language group (no more RP-PvP for the EU).

5. Transfer all the EU RP servers to 1 RP-PvE sever (no more RP-PvP and language issues).

Pick one. Note that 2, and 4 won't give you a full server, just one that is better populated than it is at the moment. Only Options 1 or 5 could produce a full RP server and 3 gives you a full server but no RP.

Simple...give us the choice of transferring to a RP server, or a PVP server. IE Option 3..

Guess what..there ARE no viable RP servers anyway unless they do something. All Bioware are doing are tying the players which would be willing to continue on another server, onto a rotting dead corpse which is getting worse by the day.

Lord Calypho -> one of PVP destination servers

Lord Calypho -> one of RP-PVE destination servers

Same for other languages. RP-PVP is dead anyway.

That makes sense. It makes everybody happy.

People who care more about PvP -> transfer to a PvP server.

People who care more about RP -> transfer to a RP-PvE server.

Simple, nice and clean.

Simple...give us the choice of transferring to a RP server, or a PVP server. IE Option 3.

Which wont work in this initial phase as it doesn't allow a choice of destinations, you will have to wait for a later phase of the transfer process (as BW have said).

And for those who transfer to another RP server its not going to fix the population problem unless you choose one of the consolidated US RP servers.

Edited by Arlbo_Nabbins

Which wont work in this initial phase as it doesn't allow a choice of destinations

If this is the case and there is a technical problem, a Bioware employee should step in and clarify it. The dev blog says about "respecting" server types not technical issues with giving us a choice.

I'm really tired of bashing Bioware in my each post but a system designed that way (that leaves RP-PVP without transfers because of technical issues) would be another proof of incompetence. Maybe that's why they remain silent.

Edited by vandana_

Which wont work in this initial phase as it doesn't allow a choice of destinations, you will have to wait for a later phase of the transfer process (as BW have said).

Congratulation you nailed it, it is what this thread is all about. How Bioware can be so stubborn about two letters on the server tag? The server itself dont have any special "RP ruleset", only a PVP ruleset. So basically it is just another PVP server.

This thread is a call for help, it exists because we want to continue to pay our subscription, continue to play Star Wars The Old Republic. But for now Bioware dont give us that option, when there is no reason to.

Edited by Jerro

Most recent developer post, just found it. In case anyone had any doubts what are Bioware plans for us - currently there are none, in future get ready to pay $$$.

As of now, the plan is still to maintain transfers between PvP to PvP, PvE to PvE, RP-PvP to RP-PvP, and RP-PvE to RP-PvE. The fact that only one RP-PvP server exists for each language in Europe does not change this, so you are right: for this initial phase, there won't be any free character transfers available for these three servers in order to maintain the servers' designations as RP-PvP. However, as we mentioned before, this is all part of our initial service. Future versions of the character transfer service may allow more options in your choice of destination servers and may require a transfer fee.

If this is the case and there is a technical problem, a Bioware employee should step in and clarify it. The dev blog says about "respecting" server types not technical issues with giving us a choice.

I'm really tired of bashing Bioware in my each post but a system designed that way (that leaves RP-PVP without transfers because of technical issues) would be another proof of incompetence. Maybe that's why they remain silent.

They never said there is a technical problem, people seem to have assumed that. The initial phase is 100% concentrated on building high pop servers, to do that they can't offer people a choice of servers without risking overfull servers (they cant close a destination once its announced or you would end up with friends and guilds being split over different servers).

Within this approach, which is the best one for creating high pop servers for the largest percentage of the players) they can't make the sever types different as that would mean forcing people to change.

Unfortunately its bad news for the EU RP servers, but BW have said there will be more phases of transfers and that they will address the issues of the RP servers, just not in this phase. Its going to be a complex thing to do due to the low population and limited number of servers for the EU.

In the end you might just have to choose between moving to a US based RP server or an EU based non-RP server.

Edited by Arlbo_Nabbins

Unfortunately its bad news for the EU RP servers, but BW have said there will be more phases of transfers and that they will address the issues of the RP servers, just not in this phase. Its going to be a complex thing to do due to the low population and limited number of servers for the EU.

Read some posts above and understand that we do not care about future phases that will come "soon" and paying for something that others get for free is a rip-off.

RP-PVP NA Westcoast server Ajunta Pall had some luck, now when they can move to Jung Ma Eastcoast server. So atleast we now know that regions arent the problem :)

Seriously, if they're that worried about server designations they should just offer Lord Calypho transfers to Jung Ma like the other RP-PvP servers. It's not like there's a language barrier, the only problem would be the time difference. And even that would be good for the night owls of both regions.

Anything is really better than leaving you guys on a dead server.

Why do they think it's acceptable that Lord Calypho players will have to PAY for a service that EVERYBODY else is getting for FREE ?

When they announced a free month for lvl 50 players, people QQ'd about it, and gave it to pretty much everybody, yet this is OK for them ?!

What a load of crap.

Why do they think it's acceptable that Lord Calypho players will have to PAY for a service that EVERYBODY else is getting for FREE ?

When they announced a free month for lvl 50 players, people QQ'd about it, and gave it to pretty much everybody, yet this is OK for them ?!

What a load of crap.

Oh wow, did they announce you're going to have to pay for a service that everybody else is getting for free somewhere and I missed it? :confused:

What a load of crap.

They have a stated aim of 'a better overall gaming experience' , they will no doubt get around to LC after the regular transfers.

RP-PVP NA Westcoast server Ajunta Pall had some luck, now when they can move to Jung Ma Eastcoast server. So atleast we now know that regions arent the problem :)

Quote: Originally Posted by Jerro

"Im happy for you guys, now i hope the european RP-PVP servers can get some love as well. any support in this thread would be very much appreiated. http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=475348 "

I really feel for you guys....until this morning I thought we on Ajunta Pall were in same boat.

Your issue cant' be solved by transferring to same type server with higher ping like us though...in your case only way to respect server type is to go cross language. Honestly can't see them doing that

So, hopefully, rather than doing nothing, they will make an exception in your case and go rp-pvp to pvp.

Good luck and I hope you all get this sorted!

Edit: Although I suppose they could transfer to Jung Ma...but would have hell of a latency issue....I'm still feeling iffy about going from around 30ms on Ajunta Pall to around 100ms on Jung Ma

Edited by LrdRahvin

I really feel for you guys....until this morning I thought we on Ajunta Pall were in same boat.

Your issue cant' be solved by transferring to same type server with higher ping like us though...in your case only way to respect server type is to go cross language. Honestly can't see them doing that

thank you for your support, but for now things doesnt look all to good after reading this http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=4621374#post4621374

As of now, the plan is still to maintain transfers between PvP to PvP, PvE to PvE, RP-PvP to RP-PvP, and RP-PvE to RP-PvE. The fact that only one RP-PvP server exists for each language in Europe does not change this, so you are right: for this initial phase, there won't be any free character transfers available for these three servers in order to maintain the servers' designations as RP-PvP. However, as we mentioned before, this is all part of our initial service. Future versions of the character transfer service may allow more options in your choice of destination servers and may require a transfer fee.

I apologise if this may come out a bit harsh. but what is there to evaluate? A more or less dead server is still a dead server whatever the tag is. And as i see it this is the reason behind all the transfers from other servers? There are people on those servers that still want to pay their subscription, still want play Star Wars The Old Republic. And in short you will not allow them to do that, because of some made up policy decided before your morning coffee or something. Oh sure a vague statement about paid transfers in the future doesnt help at all, not even a estimate on when? Reroll dont think that is a option for to many, you have invested time in your character, achieved things, done most of your geargrinding etc etc. Even if you lose the RP-PVP tagged servers in europe, isnt that better than having 2-3 empty RP servers humming in some dusty corner?

Best regards Jerro

Edited by Jerro

Greetings folks!

As a gentle reminder to everyone, please remember the following:

•  
  • Insults - Please do not resort to or use them in any way in your posts. Posts should be productive, not destructive.

• Trolling - Please do not post messages that are purposefully designed to provoke, antagonize, or otherwise elicit a negative emotional response.

• Agree to Disagree - Be respectful of others' viewpoints even if they are opposite of your own. Discuss disagreements constructively.

• Report, Don't Respond - Utilize the Report Post feature to report possible rules violations, rather than responding to or fighting them. As a reminder, public accusations of trolling are considered rude. We again encourage you to report posts that you believe are trolling.

• Ignoring - If you feel you simply cannot get along with another community member, please place them on your ignore list.

Thank you!

Greetings folks!

As a gentle reminder to everyone, please remember the following:

•  
  • Insults - Please do not resort to or use them in any way in your posts. Posts should be productive, not destructive.

• Trolling - Please do not post messages that are purposefully designed to provoke, antagonize, or otherwise elicit a negative emotional response.

• Agree to Disagree - Be respectful of others' viewpoints even if they are opposite of your own. Discuss disagreements constructively.

• Report, Don't Respond - Utilize the Report Post feature to report possible rules violations, rather than responding to or fighting them. As a reminder, public accusations of trolling are considered rude. We again encourage you to report posts that you believe are trolling.

• Ignoring - If you feel you simply cannot get along with another community member, please place them on your ignore list.

Thank you!

So we finally get a yellow text comment and it's just to tell people to behave, even though no ones done anything wrong.

We just want our free transfer. You're certainly not getting any of my money next month. What an insult. No personal Dev reply in this thread, the only yellow reply is the teacher coming in to tell people off for doing stuff they haven't actually done.

Nice customer service. Not.

I'm out.

RIP Lord Calypho and my 8 toons on it.

Well, at least we know the forum politzia are aware of the brewing riot being staged by all 30 of us.

Unofrtunately, because we need the trasfer- we're also a small group of subs. so...I doubt we get an official response about this anytime soon..