RP-PvP "Lord Calypho" - Excluded from Transfers...

LovarBoy

In North America they merged east and west RP-PVP servers, so maybe they have plans to save Lord Calypho and 2 others european RP-PVP?

Best idea is to give us a choice between RP-PVE and PVP. Hardcore RP fans could go to RP-PVE and enjoy RP and the others could join PVP server. Everybody will be happy, servers full of players, nothing will die.

I hope BioWare will do that.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am sure that they will NOT merge french, german and english servers. They should instead merge them with the pvp-servers!

The worst thing for me is that all this feels like you, bw just dont care about EU-Customers... i paid 150 Euro for my collectors edition - thats 200+ USD! and now im stuck on a dying server!

That's my whole point that you seem to keep missing. Yes, MAYBE. Not "won't" like some of you keep saying.

Not quite. You are trying to convince us that there is nothing to worry about, because Bioware said MAYBE.

Now Bioware also said that they will do a lot of things that were not in the "maybe area", yet somehow we ended up not having them at all.

You know, they are not very credible with their promises, and this is not a promise, this is a "maybe".

Not enough.

Not quite. You are trying to convince us that there is nothing to worry about, because Bioware said MAYBE.

Now Bioware also said that they will do a lot of things that were not in the "maybe area", yet somehow we ended up not having them at all.

You know, they are not very credible with their promises, and this is not a promise, this is a "maybe".

Not enough.

Can you post where I said "you have nothing to worry about"?

Because my point this whole time was trying to squish the misinformation being spread here that BioWare is going to do NOTHING for the server, which HAS been stated over and over again by you guys.

Can you post where I said "you have nothing to worry about"?

Because my point this whole time was trying to squish the misinformation being spread here that BioWare is going to do NOTHING for the server, which HAS been stated over and over again by you guys.

The point of this thread is to make them do something. "Maybe" simply does not cut it and we have every right to be sceptical about it, because all we got so far is typical PR babble and damage control. I know that BW reps can't just walz in here and say "we will do it", simply because it's a big company with a complicated decision making process.

"We may have a solution for you" is not nearly as good as "we ARE working on a solution for you".

It is still better than nothing, it's just not good enough to calm people down. Believe me, I want this thread to become irrelevant ASAP it's just not entirely in my hands.

The point of this thread is to make them do something. "Maybe" simply does not cut it and we have every right to be sceptical about it, because all we got so far is typical PR babble and damage control. I know that BW reps can't just walz in here and say "we will do it", simply because it's a big company with a complicated decision making process.

"We may have a solution for you" is not nearly as good as "we ARE working on a solution for you".

It is still better than nothing, it's just not good enough to calm people down. Believe me, I want this thread to become irrelevant ASAP it's just not entirely in my hands.

Well, at least Joveth did say that they ARE currently evaluating your options, which IS a part of working on a solution for you.

Edited by JeramieCrowe

Well, at least Joveth did say that they ARE currently evaluating your options, which IS a part of working on a solution for you.

There is nothing to evaluate here. Really. Just let us freaking transfer to PvP or a RP-PvE server.

What makes me worry is that they will come up with another "bright idea" like making us transfer only to a RP-PvE server "because we care about RPers".

However, I do get your point - you simply have more faith in Bioware. Can't blame you since you are not being affected by this issue and as such you are trying to be a voice of reason.

That being said, I don't believe this thread should be about you and me arguing over semantics.

There is nothing to evaluate here. Really. Just let us freaking transfer to PvP or a RP-PvE server.

What makes me worry is that they will come up with another "bright idea" like making us transfer only to a RP-PvE server "because we care about RPers".

However, I do get your point - you simply have more faith in Bioware. Can't blame you since you are not being affected by this issue and as such you are trying to be a voice of reason.

That being said, I don't believe this thread should be about you and me arguing over semantics.

In my opinion, I think it would be more likely that they'll make your server a destination server from several PvP and RP-PvE servers. That way, the current RP community remains intact, and any on those servers wanting to go to a RP-PvP server for whatever reason can.

But this is all speculation, and I don't think taking what Joveth said at face value is a semantics game. I sincerely hope they decide on something very soon for you guys, though. I really do.

In my opinion, I think it would be more likely that they'll make your server a destination server from several PvP and RP-PvE servers. That way, the current RP community remains intact, and any on those servers wanting to go to a RP-PvP server for whatever reason can.

Well, bringing non-RPers, with a bunch of non-RP names to a RP server isn't really a good idea for the community. Not that there is any but still, it is not a good idea.

hmm tbh i think you are wrong, i would encourage you too look in all other threads he is playing around with other peoples missfortune. It made feel very bad inside, and i really dont want that to anyone.

What are they supposed to do? Their is only 1 server of that type so it has nothing to properly merge with.

They could do away with the RP designation and allow transfers to a PVP server because that is basically what the RP-PVP server is when you get right down to it.

What are they supposed to do? Their is only 1 server of that type so it has nothing to properly merge with.

How about:

a) do not make stupid ariticial rules about "respecting a ruleset" (since there is NO RP ruleset anyway) because that will inevitably leave 3 server communities very unhappy

or

b) make an EXCEPTION from said rule and allow people from those three servers transfer for free to a PvP or RP-PvE server

There. I did it again. It really is that simple.

Edited by Rogoo

You know.. Bioware isn't going to do all servers at the same time.. QQ about it won't change that either..

The fact that on the 3 days lmost 40+ servers have the ability to transfer proves you wrong mate.

They are moving really fast just leaving the 3 RP-PVP servers out of it:P

Yep the server merges are pretty smoth so far and i am happy that Bioware finally did something right (600 people on 3 fleet-instances is just great)!

However all those happy non-rp-pvp'ers make it even more difficult for me to enjoy my time on the soon to be dead jen'jidai !

As a Company that claims to have great customer service and listenes to theire community YOU Bioware have to act!

I understand that with the recent start of server transfer you had a lot of extra-work, but once the biggest chunk of the servers are merged, have a meeting and DO something.

Edited by Davenmor

Greetings folks!

As a gentle reminder to everyone, please remember the following:

•  
  • Insults - Please do not resort to or use them in any way in your posts. Posts should be productive, not destructive.

• Trolling - Please do not post messages that are purposefully designed to provoke, antagonize, or otherwise elicit a negative emotional response.

• Agree to Disagree - Be respectful of others' viewpoints even if they are opposite of your own. Discuss disagreements constructively.

• Report, Don't Respond - Utilize the Report Post feature to report possible rules violations, rather than responding to or fighting them. As a reminder, public accusations of trolling are considered rude. We again encourage you to report posts that you believe are trolling.

• Ignoring - If you feel you simply cannot get along with another community member, please place them on your ignore list.

Thank you!

Well since this is the actual 1st responce we are getting after 50 pages of suggestions etc , only thing we can actually do in order to be taken seriously is to start posting at a threat they are actually watching...

I posted something there back me up if you feel like it...

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=477344&page=218

Well since this is the actual 1st responce we are getting after 50 pages of suggestions etc , only thing we can actually do in order to be taken seriously is to start posting at a threat they are actually watching...

I posted something there back me up if you feel like it...

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=477344&page=218

Dont be to angry about that yellow post, we have one poster in this thread that is trolling hard. This yellow post is here cos said poster have been reported several time.

So I'm guessing BW still haven't said anything meaningful about this yet?

5 days and counting, shame really as this game could be so good in the correct hands.

Yes they have. They've basically confirmed that LC won't be getting any transfer options anytime soon.

Bit more info since using the dev tracker seems too hard for some:

Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez

As of now, the plan is still to maintain transfers between PvP to PvP, PvE to PvE, RP-PvP to RP-PvP, and RP-PvE to RP-PvE. The fact that only one RP-PvP server exists for each language in Europe does not change this, so you are right: for this initial phase, there won't be any free character transfers available for these three servers in order to maintain the servers' designations as RP-PvP. However, as we mentioned before, this is all part of our initial service. Future versions of the character transfer service may allow more options in your choice of destination servers and may require a transfer fee.

Quoting myself here for further clarification. This doesn't mean that we won't be evaluating feedback and populations on an ongoing basis. We will be evaluating the options for folks on these three servers as we continue the initial character transfer service. If anything changes, we will be sure to let folks know immediately.