RP-PvP "Lord Calypho" - Excluded from Transfers...

LovarBoy

I bet the lower down people in the tree DO make suggestions but the execs and senior managers that ain't got a clue always say "nope" (I've seen it in a few companies I've worked at. They couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery):

Dev "we really need to look at server merges or transfers"

Manager "Nope"

Dev "But even a transfer to the test server so we can better test the content. Even keeping test always up to find and fix more issues."

Manager "Nope"

Dev "But we're losing people fast. Are we not going to take action to help our paying customers?"

Manager "Nope"

Dev "Do you say anything other than 'nope'?"

Manager "Nope"

The way BW operates is like a selection of Dilbert sketches.

That is when you report your manager to the higher ups and if there is no higher up that is when you start to go behind your managers back and do things anyway. Odds are that if it is only an idiot that can so nope, it won't notice.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having a RP-PvP server is meaningless when theres not enough people to even meet another member of the opposite faction let alone do anything with it. I think during levelling I've seen member of the other faction about 5-6 times or so...

So give us the choice 1) Transfer to a RP-PVE Server for those which want to remain core RPers

2) Transfer to a normal PvP server for those....

But the bottom line is to have a meaningful population which although maybe less than other server is enough to make the game playable... and it's not going to be as players from the server either quit or re-roll, leaving a ghost town for those which remain..even more than now.

I think if BW wants to make the only English RP-PVP server survive is to give a two servers option to those moving.

That means that people moving from server Z (a PvP only) would have option to move to A (PvP only) and B (RP-PVP).

Like this may be Lord Calypho can fullfill its population and become one of the most loaded servers again.

We where at some point third most crowded the EU English server category!

Another idea would be to globally make all RP-PVP servers World-wide under one flag, meaning Europe, and North American server in one. So far no down under RP-PvP server.

The idea to merge RP- PVP with PvE is not good, as playing style is very much different in these two genres.

I think the solution is an easy one.

EA should just remove the RP-PVP designation and make it a normal PvP server.

Then, these servers could be included in the standard PvP server consolidations.

Problem solved.

Stop making sense. You'll get this thread locked.

Its pretty galling to be on the only european English speaking RP-PVP server isn't it...

To not even get a comment from someone..anyone from the dev or customer relations teams is even worse. This is pretty much why I left SWG many years ago, because the community relations team were jokers of the highest order (not the funny kind of joker btw).

Right now it feels like Bioware are pretty empty, kind of like Lord Calypho...just logged in on Sith side and there were 34 players on fleet...Whats the odds we never get the option of a transfer and just have to re-roll our toons on the (reasonably) full servers?

I'd love to say dont care anyway as I'm cancelled, but the fact is I really do! I wanted this game to be so great and for a month it was, then I got to level cap...and almost everyone I played with quit. Maybe with 1.3 there will be some content to do, maybe we will get server transfer to a decent population server, I hope we do and I hope that the players can get some joy from the game again.

I haven't left yet lol :p ps lord calypho was a great community on both sides it's a sad state of affairs I would happily take a transfer to any one of the other rp-pvp servers as I want to play and language to me is a none issues

I love Calypho and I want it to be a destination server. Although in my opinion we have a still somewhat playable server. And of course I really love my guild and the people here are phenomenal sometimes, and even in the worst cases bearable.

Now because of these, I don't really want a merger with haxxor1334pvp!!1!! guys from a PVP server but as I have stated before somewhere, the only possible solution I see is merging us into the PVE RP servers with us guys from Calypho getting an always pvp enabled tag and that's it.

That Kinda would solve problems. And please as this topic is kinda full of Calypho people lets show them others that we can behave like mature human (in most cases) beings! :o

Cheers!

He he yah the haxxor1334 type's,just looking at names like that make me think pre teen with alot of testoserone building up to be unleashed with all kinds of colorful language towards anyone that crosses his path,no thanx il stay on Ajunta Pall then rather go to oneof the large PvP servers if thats what they are made up of,granted we a few on Ajunta as is.

Edited by Sathid

I think the solution is an easy one.

EA should just remove the RP-PVP designation and make it a normal PvP server.

Then, these servers could be included in the standard PvP server consolidations.

Problem solved.

That would not be optimal. That's taking the CHOICE away from the community. If some people want to stay at Lord Calypho - that's their choice. Let them do it. Just give us (the others) possible transfers to a PvP server.

I am suprised that we still haven't gotten anyone at Bioware to respond to this thread yet, they are responding in a lot of other threads to make things clear or to clear things up. I guess they really don't care, sad and messed up.

I am suprised that we still haven't gotten anyone at Bioware to respond to this thread yet, they are responding in a lot of other threads to make things clear or to clear things up. I guess they really don't care, sad and messed up.

The reason they won't respond is they know they aren't going to / willing to offer us a viable solution, even though we have given them some options which would be acceptable to us as an individual and probably a majority of players on this server. However being stuck on a dead server means I get plenty of time to promote our cause on these and other forums. The squeaky wheel gets the grease so we just have to keep at it.

Edited by Ulran

The reason they won't respond is they know they aren't going to / willing to offer us a viable solution, even though we have given them some options which would be acceptable to us as an individual and probably a majority of players on this server. However being stuck on a dead server means I get plenty of time to promote our cause on these and other forums. The squeaky wheel gets the grease so we just have to keep at it.

Even though I am not on any RP server, I am with you guys (I remember almost choosing an RP server back during early access but decided to go PVE instead), it is scary when I think about almost have met the same unfair fate as you guys. The treatment that everyone is receiving on the RP-PVP servers is unacceptable in my opinion. I shall support and stand with you guys, I just wish I could do more.

Agreed. Maybe someday we will see some yellow text in this thread. *sighs*

Agreed. Maybe someday we will see some yellow text in this thread. *sighs*

Didn't think so.

It's a shame, but okay...

You guys should be happy that the question came up in the German forums and that the German CM's answered very quickly that we will get no transfer.

Without this thread you wouldn't now anything about that and you would first recognize that you were cut off when every other server had its transfer but your server hadn't. :D

And Ajunta Pall RP-PVP NA Westcoast suffer from the same problem as we do. But theirs population is a bit healthier than ours so their thread is a little shorter for now. But hopefully it bring more attention to our situation as well. Edited by Jerro

Heh, i usually try to get some datacrons in the morning. And all of the sudden Lord Calypho shut down due to "a very rare issue that can occur during the transfer ". I chuckled for my self, not so bloody "unique" server after all. We are excluded from transfers but not shutdowns because of transfer issues.

Dont worry i understand why, just a thought that popped up in my head when i saw the message

I am sure, that eventually we will all get free-transfers but the big question is when and what this will do to the community we have created on those RP-PVP - servers.

The one most logical step they should do is to give us a choise (go to PVP-Server X or got to RP-PVE-Server Y) so that everyone can decide for oneself.

I guess the problem with this is, that they dont have the tech implemented yet so this might take a while. They will probably not force everyone to transfer to a single pvp-server cause this would be unfair to those hardcore-rp'lers (i dont agree cause rp are just two letters in this game and there is no rp-mechanic at all).

My main concern is that it will take them more than 4-8 weeks to finally give us a choise wether we want RP or PVP and by then our servers are dead!

So Bioware please find a solution within the next 2 weeks and give us some info-bits... cause i would wait those 2 weeks if i knew that you work on something to help us!!!

Edited by Davenmor

I am sure, that eventually we will all get free-transfers but the big question is when and what this will do to the community we have created on those RP-PVP - servers.

Every single Bioware action to this point indicates that we won't, so don't be so sure...

They repeatedly told us that RP-PVP servers players aren't getting the free transfers, the German CS representative suggested that it was our own choice to go to RP-PVP so we should deal with it (completely ignoring the fact that our servers are as deserted as servers of every other type). They told us that in the free transfers phase they will be "respecting" language and server type choices and suggested that in future they may add a paid transfer for those who want to change server types. Then, they consciously ignored our complains about it made on Twitter and in this thread which has already had 20000 views.

Our community is getting smaller every day but the most dedicated players on our server still play this game because they love Star Wars, Role-Playing, they made friends in the game. The game is not perfect but good enough to enjoy it provided you have people to play with. I'm lucky enough to be in one of the bigger guilds (the only 16 man raiding guild on the server I believe) which by mergers, hard work and dedication of its leaders somehow managed to stay afloat. But our capability to do so is smaller every day and it will only get worse whether we get paid transfers or not.

That's because when we eventually get the paid transfer option and even decide to go for it - a large part of our players will not pay for them and quit the game. This server will die anyway.

But we are probably too small community for Bioware to care... we are being treated like second category customers and since a big percentage of us is devoted to our SWTOR community which strongly keeps us in game we are a great target for rip-off. If not my guild my subscription would be already cancelled. And Bioware takes advantage of people like me.

Alow us to transfer or make us a destination server. I don't care where to or where from anymore.

Edited by vandana_

I was going to start a thread about this till I saw this one. I think there are three NA PVPRP servers. I happen to be located on one. Not because I RP, but because I like PvP servers, and in previous gaming experience I'm noticed a slightly more mature player-base on them. Dounno why.

Are we going to get no love? I'm on Ajunta Pal, which, while it is not dead, it's certainly not party time. While I wouldn't wanna change severs, because, well, I'm selfish, I don't understand what the difference is between a PvPRP server, play style, wise? Why can't you make us a destination server. Two of the NA PvPRP servers are on the top twenty population list (according to torstatus.net). Jung Ma being 16, and Ajunta Pal being 19. You obviously don't have a problem transferring to a high-pop server, so why not have the PvPRP servers a possible destination for PvP players. Or heck, why not consolidate them. Add the pops of the two highest PvPRP servers together, and it's still not as high as Fatman.

Pretty please?

I was going to start a thread about this till I saw this one. I think there are three NA PVPRP servers. I happen to be located on one. Not because I RP, but because I like PvP servers, and in previous gaming experience I'm noticed a slightly more mature player-base on them. Dounno why....

There actually are a Ajunta Pall thread going as well http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=477702

Well as of today I Unsubbed, it actually hurt me to do it as I love this game, the story , the characters but I'm on the "Lord Calypho" RP-PVP server and there are 10 people on fleet at the minute. As far as the guild "Black Company" goes all have unsubbed aswell as far as I'm aware, and are looking at other games.

What was the point in BW starting with so many servers only to spread the pop of gamers over them all ? made no sense fill what you have and then open more. I didnt mind having to wait 10-20mins to log in during early release, at least then I knew that the server would be rocking !

Well as of today I Unsubbed, it actually hurt me to do it as I love this game, the story , the characters but I'm on the "Lord Calypho" RP-PVP server and there are 10 people on fleet at the minute. As far as the guild "Black Company" goes all have unsubbed aswell as far as I'm aware, and are looking at other games.

What was the point in BW starting with so many servers only to spread the pop of gamers over them all ? made no sense fill what you have and then open more. I didnt mind having to wait 10-20mins to log in during early release, at least then I knew that the server would be rocking !

I feel for you, but give it a little bit of time. They already have transfers for pvprp on American servers, even when we thought all hope was lost. Unsub if you like, but keep an eye on the forums for changes. This is the internet. "No" doesn't always mean "no" here.

I feel for you, but give it a little bit of time. They already have transfers for pvprp on American servers, even when we thought all hope was lost. Unsub if you like, but keep an eye on the forums for changes. This is the internet. "No" doesn't always mean "no" here.

They don't. swtor.com/transfer. It's all RP-PVE