RP-PvP "Lord Calypho" - Excluded from Transfers...

LovarBoy

Precisely. They should have learned by now.

The problem is that there is only ONE acceptable solution. A very simple one:

An option to:

- Transfers to PvP server

- Transfers to a RP-PvE server

Seriously, there is nothing to evaluate or think about here.

They thinking about the transfer fee...^^

$ 10,99

$ 12,99

$ 14,99

$ 16,99

$ 19.99

per Character - mhm, a difficult decision... :D

If they are working on a solution why don't they tell us anything? Oh a yellow post down there! :)

Hi folks,

I've seen a lot of back and forth from RPers that want people to stay on their servers and from people that want to option to transfer out to a different PvP server. There are, understandably, concerns on both sides.

My question to you all: as a community on one of these three servers, what ideal solutions do you folks have in mind? I'm not saying we have the capability of doing anything, but I genuinely want to hear your thoughts.Thank you!

Choice:

RP-PvP --> RP-PvE

RP-PvP --> PvP

I know that it might be "unfair" if ONLY RP-PvP servers will get a choice where to go - I know people will complain about that. But yeah, better to do that instead of cutting RP-PvP players off right now. ;)

Edited by LovarBoy

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi folks,

I've seen a lot of back and forth from RPers that want people to stay on their servers and from people that want to option to transfer out to a different PvP server. There are, understandably, concerns on both sides.

My question to you all: as a community on one of these three servers, what ideal solutions do you folks have in mind? I'm not saying we have the capability of doing anything, but I genuinely want to hear your thoughts.Thank you!

Hey Joveth. Thank you for an answer.

My suggestion would be to give us choice. Like I posted just above. Give us two options:

- Let us transfer to a populated PvP server

- Let us transfer to a RP-PvE server

This way, you avoid the aribtrary decision about the ruleset, and make everybody who want to transfer, pretty happy.

No, no, no. And once again no. :) Let us OUT of this ghost town. Why would anyone would want to transfer to our DEAD server anyway ?

Also people with non-RP names on a RP server, completely beats the purpose when there is no character naming policy being enforced.

Actually there is a naming policy and it is enforced.

The policy: http://www.swtor.com/legalnotices/rulesofconduct (there is a section on Naming)

And if you report an inappropriate name they do indeed enforce it. Now do they go through and manually review the names themselves, no. But if you started reporting them would you see a lot less of them, yes.

Choice of transfer to either PVP or RP-PVE server would be best for me.

Hi folks,

I cant speak for all of us on Lord Calypho, but i think most of us are happy to transfer to a "normal" pvp server. I dont think merge all EU RP-PVP to 1 is the best solution but ill take that one as well :) Optimal solution would be the option to choose RP server or PVP server. Thank you for posting and show interest in our concerns.

Edited by Jerro

My suggestion would be to give us choice. Like I posted just above. Give us two options:

This way, you avoid the aribtrary decision about the ruleset, and make everybody who want to transfer, pretty happy.

How about

-> PvP

-> RP-PvE

-> Joined RP-PvP (*)

(*) by Joined RP-PvP I mean take the three EU (I know there are language issues) and join them into one -or- provide the option to transfer to a US RP-PvP (not ideal due to latency, but some people would consider it worth it, probably east coast to lessen the latency as much as possible).

Make available the transfer for two type of servers :

- RP-PVE

- PVP

I think that there are a lot of roleplayer that want continue their activity on a populated server and they'll chose an RP-PVE server.

The people that want do PVP they should go on a PVP server.

Anyway, thanks for giving the transfer BioWare. Now the servers are populated like february/march!

Bring it on and listen the community ;)

Edited by Xarimath

Hi folks,

For myself and alot of my guild rolling on RP PVP was a mistake. Our consensus is to shut lord calypho down, transfer anyone wanting to rp-pvp to the french or german rp pvp server which has just had a merge and let everyone else move to a pvp server.

since early access i've not witnessed a single bit of RP on lord calypho and neither has guild mates

I think it is very safe to assume that all those people who want to transfer OUT of the server are already lost for a reason. And there is nothing you (Bioware) or the RP community can do about it. If somebody wants OUT no amount of talking will convince him otherwise.

The vast majority of people who want out of Lord Calypho will either reroll or cancel subs (myself included) if you don't give us an option to transfer.

One way or another, the server WILL loose players.

Edited by Rogoo

I'm not saying we have the capability of doing anything, but I genuinely want to hear your thoughts.Thank you!

The server is dead, that is fact. That anyone on Lord Calypho knows.

We need to either be a destination server where RP Servers and/or PvP Servers can move to OR transfer us to a choice of either RP and/or PvP server. Simple as that.....

But the MOST MOST MOST important thing is that you guys (bioware) let us know what is happening with this server and not keep keeping us in suspense over the last couple of weeks with people picking up bits of information here and there. A lot of people have mutiple chars and a high legacy level and we need to know if the last 6 months have been wasted and we have to manually re-roll on a more populated server. And also, an approx on when this will happen. The fact that you admit you do not have the capability to do anything is very suprising and worrying.

Bupa.

Choice:

RP-PvP --> RP-PvE

RP-PvP --> PvP

I think this would be the optimal solution to try and please everyone. In case BW isn't able to facilitate the option to transfer to two different servers at the same time do it like this: PvP for 2 days, then RP-PvE for 2 days, then PvP again, etc. as long as necessary. Obviously you should clearly let everyone know you are doing this.

I don't play on this server

But this is a good idea...

Hi folks,

I got to agree with LovarBoy. The best solution for everyone would be:

RP-PvP --> RP-PvE

RP-PvP --> PvP

If it's currently not possible to offer two Destinations for a Server you could open the Transfer for each Destination Server in a one week rotation till the technical complications have been solved ;)

This would make everyone happy I think :)

So you can't gp from PVP> RP PVP or visversa? Or is this just once case in particuler? My thought is when the window opens for your server you can choice any of the destination servers.

I ask this because i'm currently on a PVP server and cant stand how everyone wants to rush thur cs and not care about the rp aspect of it. I would prefer to go to a RP PVP where people enjoy the whole RP of it all and not rush me thur CS.

Edited by Stridentzephon

Hi folks,

As someone who is on a PVP server and would much rather move to a RP server, I would not complain at all if the RP-PVP server people were given a choice on whether to move to either a RP or PVP server. They deserve it as their chosen designation just... well didn't make it. Sounds completely fair to me.

Hi folks,

"I'm not saying we have the capability of doing anything"

See, that above sounds...well tbh, im not sure what to say! -You are developing one of the largest MMO's today, and you can't say you have the capability of doing anything about server populations on your own servers, meanwhile you're transferring everyone else and their mother around all other servers?

It's quite easy, as several mentioned before: Let those of us on RP-PVP servers have a choice to either move to a populated RP or a PVP server. How hard can it be?

It's quite bad we didn't offically hear anything about this particular issue once you devs started talking about server transfers. The only reason i have paid my sub the last months is directly related to the belief that we would get to transfer to a populated server once the service was available...

I want to know wether or not you are gonna offer a solution to this, and i dont want to wait any particular extended time to get that answer.

//Twin

Hi folks,

Offer each player / transfer the choice to go to PvP or RP-PvE.

"I'm not saying we have the capability of doing anything"

See, that above sounds...well tbh, im not sure what to say! -You are developing one of the largest MMO's today, and you can't say you have the capability of doing anything about server populations on your own servers, meanwhile you're transferring everyone else and their mother around all other servers?

*sighs*

I don't know if I'm relieved that we finally got an answer or that I'm more worried after "I'm not sure we can do anything about it" response. :(

But Joveth, keep us up to date. I also paid a sub for June, solely because you guys promised transfers. This suspension is not doing us any good.

Hi folks,

Give us 3 choices for transfering.

RP-PvP - PvP

RP-PvP - RP-PvE

RP-PvP - RP-PvP (multi-language)

I rolled on the RP-PvP because the players are more mature. I don't RP but respec people that do and I've seen plenty of people on Lord Calypho RPing. I believe everyone on it wants to go to a more populated server. I'd like to move to a PvP server if it means higher pops. But I'm aware some of the RP's want to stay on an RP server. I assume they went on a PvP RP server for PvP but they may be willing to move to a RP-PvE server (I wouldn't). But to keep it RP-PvP then you may need to allow everyone to move to a Multi-Language server.

Currently you've lost over 400-500k subs, do you really want to lose more? Because you'll lose the whole of Lord Calypho. I've already cancelled my sub and won't renew it unless this is sorted. I'm sure others feel the same. Surely you can't afford to lose more subs or have to weather more bad publicity (you've already got loads).

Currently the game is favouring the US with maintenance times, but you've also now favoured the US with the transfers as they've all been given options, even their RP-PvP server. But the EU has been screwed, including the German community with their RP-PvP server.

You need to give us those options or lose more subs.

It's even worse that you kept this quiet until the time of transfers. So everyone in the EU on the RP-PvP servers may have re-subbed specificity waiting for the transfer. Only to be told after they pay money to re-sub, that it's not going to happen. I had re-subbed recently as I knew transfers were coming, now I've been conned out of that transfer, have cancelled and won't renew.

Edited by joeypesci

Hi folks,

Choice of 2 options:

1) Lord Calypho -> one of EN PVP destination servers

2) Lord Calypho -> one of EN RP-PVE destination servers

Same for other languages.

If it is impossible to do them simultaneously - do a rotation of 1 week per option. If that is impossible too - I personally ( and I believe I can speak for most of my guild) prefer to go to PVP.

How on earth can you say you have no capability of doing anything?

Edited by vandana_

I got to agree with LovarBoy. The best solution for everyone would be:

RP-PvP --> RP-PvE

RP-PvP --> PvP

If it's currently not possible to offer two Destinations for a Server you could open the Transfer for each Destination Server in a one week rotation till the technical complications have been solved ;)

This would make everyone happy I think :)

They manually moved alot of toons to the testserver -i see no reason why that can't be done in this case as well. There should really be no need for anyone to wait on a dead server for yet another week(s).