RP-PvP "Lord Calypho" - Excluded from Transfers...

LovarBoy

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty much, no.

There "may" be a fee. That is to cover themselves as they wont give a 100% commitment to it being free. If they offer people a chance to move from RP-x to x or to move EU to US then it will almost certainly be free. If people don't take that option and wait for the transfers where you can pick any server you want its almost certainly going to be paid.

Greetings folks!

As a gentle reminder to everyone, please remember the following:

•  
  • Insults - Please do not resort to or use them in any way in your posts. Posts should be productive, not destructive.

• Trolling - Please do not post messages that are purposefully designed to provoke, antagonize, or otherwise elicit a negative emotional response.

• Agree to Disagree - Be respectful of others' viewpoints even if they are opposite of your own. Discuss disagreements constructively.

• Report, Don't Respond - Utilize the Report Post feature to report possible rules violations, rather than responding to or fighting them. As a reminder, public accusations of trolling are considered rude. We again encourage you to report posts that you believe are trolling.

• Ignoring - If you feel you simply cannot get along with another community member, please place them on your ignore list.

Thank you!

So you are going to completely ignore all the vaild questions this thread has generated? Well at least they can't claim ignorance of the issue now....

As Lord Calypho is the only English RP-PvP in the EU, it means we are not getting a free transfer in this transfer system.

Don't forget about the free phase after the first free phase:

First we’ll have some targeted free transfers from/to specific servers, but that will be followed with a broader system where you can either take advantage of free promotional transfers to specific servers or paid transfers to the server of your choice.
Edited by JeramieCrowe

As Lord Calypho is the only English RP-PvP in the EU, it means we are not getting a free transfer in this transfer system.

No it means that you are not getting a free transfer in the initial phase of BW choosing a single destination server. That is because there is no English RP-PvP in the EU to be the destination. Whatever they decide it is going to be different type of transfer.

Lord Calypho will probably be given options in the free promotional transfers mentioned above because that gives them a chance to partially satisfy the hard core RP-PvP players by offering them a US RP-PvP server and other players a normal PvP server in the EU or a RP-PvE server somewhere.

Edited by Arlbo_Nabbins

Lord Calypho -> one of PVP destination servers

Lord Calypho -> one of RP-PVE destination servers

Same for other languages. RP-PVP is dead anyway.

Completely agree. I have been based on Lord Calypho for a long time now, at least 90% of my sub time, and it has been dwindling and dwindling in population for ages. To the point I have barely been playing. And as others have said there is no RP there anyway so it makes little difference.

I have 64 days left on my account so I suppose thres hope they fix it, If not...welll. It was a good game while it lasted. :(

Greetings folks!

As a gentle reminder to everyone, please remember the following:

•  
  • Insults - Please do not resort to or use them in any way in your posts. Posts should be productive, not destructive.

• Trolling - Please do not post messages that are purposefully designed to provoke, antagonize, or otherwise elicit a negative emotional response.

• Agree to Disagree - Be respectful of others' viewpoints even if they are opposite of your own. Discuss disagreements constructively.

• Report, Don't Respond - Utilize the Report Post feature to report possible rules violations, rather than responding to or fighting them. As a reminder, public accusations of trolling are considered rude. We again encourage you to report posts that you believe are trolling.

• Ignoring - If you feel you simply cannot get along with another community member, please place them on your ignore list.

Thank you!

I think we got this post cos a certain poster got reported several times :) ^^

Edited by Jerro

One one hand I´m kinda bummed because I re-rolled from "The Shadow Runner" to LC (and deleted my characters for no good reson:o) but also kinda glad because I really like the community on the server (which isn´t as dead as some people in this thread would have you belive). But it would suck if we would have to pay to play on a decently populated server.

So I´ve think that on this server Bioware should make an exeption and allow for transfers to one RP-PvE and one PVP server, But that won´t probably happen :(.

Don't forget about the free phase after the first free phase:

You seem to be very keen on dissecting the dev posts word by word. All I am seeing in those posts, regarding our (Lord Calypho's) issue is the word MAYBE.

Maybe we will get free / paid transfers, or MAYBE we will not.

That's precisely what they have said so far.

Edited by Rogoo

You seem to be very keen on dissecting the dev posts word by word. All I am seeing in those posts, regarding our (Lord Calypho's) issue is the word MAYBE.

Maybe we will get free / paid transfers, or MAYBE we will not.

That's precisely what they have said so far.

That's my whole point that you seem to keep missing. Yes, MAYBE. Not "won't" like some of you keep saying.

Lord Calypho will probably be given options in the free promotional transfers mentioned above because that gives them a chance to partially satisfy the hard core RP-PvP players by offering them a US RP-PvP server and other players a normal PvP server in the EU or a RP-PvE server somewhere.

I'm sorry but this is pure speculation. They only say they will evaluate (like there is anything to evaluate - look at the damn people in fleet number). They don't promise us anything. On the contrary they suggest we may have to pay for the transfers. Honestly, how arrogant can they be?

BTW. The transfers look awesome for other people - Tomb of Freedon Nadd is getting a massive influx and it will be so alive.people already reporting 300 in one instance of fleet. And we are left in this freaking 90-people-in-prime-time hole. I'm so tired of making all these posts just to get equal treatment and some attention to the problem that shouldn't have arisen in the first place if someone had used their brain :(

Edited by vandana_

And we are left in this freaking 90-people-in-prime-time hole.

90!! visit republic fleet :) Ah well i actually moved one of my chars from Ajunta Pall to Jung Ma, latency is ~100 ms. Not ideal but playable, and warzones pop all the time :)

Edited by Jerro

I'm sorry but this is pure speculation. They only say they will evaluate (like there is anything to evaluate - look at the damn people in fleet number). They don't promise us anything. On the contrary they suggest we may have to pay for the transfers. Honestly, how arrogant can they be?

BTW. The transfers look awesome for other people - Tomb of Freedon Nadd is getting a massive influx and it will be so alive.people already reporting 300 in one instance of fleet. And we are left in this freaking 90-people-in-prime-time hole. I'm so tired of making all these posts just to get equal treatment and some attention to the problem that shouldn't have arisen in the first place if someone had used their brain :(

In all fairness, they didn't say they were evaluating the population, they said they were evaluating your options.

Also, I tweeted for y'all, and got an answer, and I guess this is the best answer we're going to get for now:

@SWTOR Lord Calypho (and other singular RP-PvP servers) players are really REALLY getting upset at the silence. Nothing to offer at all?

9m The Old Republic ‏@SWTOR

Please see this post from Joveth: http://bit.ly/LB8Ca6 I hope that clarifies some things. ^JJ

In all fairness, they didn't say they were evaluating the population, they said they were evaluating your options.

Also, I tweeted for y'all, and got an answer, and I guess this is the best answer we're going to get for now:

Oh you mean the this post several pages back?

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=475348&page=41

we are well aware wath jovet have told us http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=4621374#post4621374 you havnt exactly show us anything new at all.

This has probably been said before, but hey, another voice to the masses.

There is currently NOTHING different from RP-PVP servers, at least in my eyes. Been on the server since the start and only ever seen and taken part in role play ONCE.

If the devs are worried that it would upset the "Hardcore RPs" with the transfers of other players, then DON'T.

The merge should still happen as people on the server would rather be able to play the game WITH OTHERS rather than with just NPC companions. IE Better to play with people who don't role play, rather than no-one at all.

The idea that we should have to Pay to transfer is outrageous!

If I had known that server transfers "In order to keep the game alive" would not be possible on Calypho then I would not have made characters on there. It is a already massive setback, and now the players have to pay for it?!

Please Devs, allow people from other PVPs to join Lord Calypho in order to keep the server playable.

Or allow players from Lord Calypho to transfer their characters WITH NO CHARGE to another PVP server.

Oh you mean the this post several pages back?

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=475348&page=41

we are well aware wath jovet have told us http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=4621374#post4621374 you havnt exactly show us anything new at all.

No kidding?! Yes, I know that, lol. I was just updating that as of 5pm CST on 6/13/02, they actively said this is still the status.

You're freaking welcome. :rolleyes:

People need to tone down the hysteria a bit. There's been one day of server transfers.

There are plenty of servers with with poorer populations than Lord Calypho that need addressing first.

Would I transfer given an option. Most likely, preferably to a more active PvP server (since RP isn't used at all, even though I'm not exactly an RP'er or avid PvPer)

However, I'd like them to take their time, sort out other populations first and see how the numbers add up.

They were far too quick to open up servers in the beginning so I'd like some time to be taken and the right options/decisions made.

Yes, this thread is here to let the devs know that we would like the option to move too. Give it a chance though....