RP-PvP "Lord Calypho" - Excluded from Transfers...

LovarBoy

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I quit the game due to horrible population issues and was extremely excited to come back after the announced transfer system... Only to find this... Its as if they don't want us to resub!

I'm certain at least 75% of my servers population would bite at the chance to move to a populated RP-Pve/Standard PvP

I am sure this post is read, and Bioware will act on Lord Calypho.

I would like to start back some PvE!

So may be if we r not in Phase 1 we will be in 2 or 3.

In past week Developers blog Bioware seems very motivated on resolving the low pop issues.

In past week Developers blog Bioware seems very motivated on resolving the low pop issues.

That’s the whole point....its Biowares lack of communication on giving an answer. All it would take is for them to make a simple reply to these posts. By doing this they could clarify what they plan to do, or even at worst tell us considerations are being made with regard to Lord Calypho.

No wonder they are losing costumers when they cant take time to do a five minute post

That’s the whole point....its Biowares lack of communication on giving an answer. All it would take is for them to make a simple reply to these posts. By doing this they could clarify what they plan to do, or even at worst tell us considerations are being made with regard to Lord Calypho.

No wonder they are losing costumers when they cant take time to do a five minute post

Lets not panic. Truth being Lord Calypho is not so bad as some other servers I heard about.

It is not ideal or perfect, but is not so bad.

well I just got in town a little while ago

took a look around to see which way the wind blow

where are the little trolls in their mother's bungalow

are you a lucky little player

or just another silly troll

in the forum at niiiiiight

Motivated?

You saw James Ohlen in the 1.3 video? He looked a bit like a wrack - I don't want to insult him but he really looked quite demoralized and tired. Compare videos from February or March with this 1.3 video - it's an extreme difference.

We know they are making good videos and that they are good in marketing and telling us amazing things. But they are rather bad in making these things real.

_____

The problem is: why is the community separated in different parts. It's a bit unlogical to cut off a part of the community just because an RP tag that's unnessecary.

The problem is: why is the community separated in different parts. It's a bit unlogical to cut off a part of the community just because an RP tag that's unnessecary.

You act like this "cutting off" is a permanent thing when they've explicitly stated that it isn't...

Motivated?

You saw James Ohlen in the 1.3 video? He looked a bit like a wrack - I don't want to insult him but he really looked quite demoralized and tired. Compare videos from February or March with this 1.3 video - it's an extreme difference.

We know they are making good videos and that they are good in marketing and telling us amazing things. But they are rather bad in making these things real.

_____

I put this post:

Once again a brand new CM answer on the problematic with RP-PvP transfers. Posted from the CM at 6:45 PM.

German version:

Translated & Summarized:

In the first step of the transfers only same server type transfers are possible. Yet there is only one RP-PvP server per European region, they are not included in the transfers starting tomorrow.

Bla bla bla bla we are sorry bla bla bla bla.

We always take a look on the server population to ensure a high amount of game quality and fun.

Bla bla bla bla bla bla bla.

_____

It's official.

RP-PvP servers are the stepchilds of BioWare's transfers.

In the Official transfers thread, I just thought I would let you know.

You act like this "cutting off" is a permanent thing when they've explicitly stated that it isn't...

They stated nothing.

They said we will have - bla bla bla bla bla - more steps to transfer characters - bla bla bla bla bla - and we will keep an eye on you - bla bla bla bla bla bla.

Sorry, but most things BioWare "stated" tend to be fairy tales without a happy ending.

I put this post:

In the Official transfers thread, I just thought I would let you know.

Thanks. :)

They stated nothing.

They said we will have - bla bla bla bla bla - more steps to transfer characters - bla bla bla bla bla - and we will keep an eye on you - bla bla bla bla bla bla.

Sorry, but most things BioWare "stated" tend to be fairy tales without a happy ending.

So, let me get this straight... You're using a BioWare quote to try and state that nothing's going to happen for Lord Calypho while at the same time stating that BioWare quotes are fairy tales?

Can't decide where you stand, or what? Either BioWare quotes are fairy tales or they're not...

So, let me get this straight... You're using a BioWare quote to try and state that nothing's going to happen for Lord Calypho while at the same time stating that BioWare quotes are fairy tales?

Can't decide where you stand, or what? Either BioWare quotes are fairy tales or they're not...

They are.

Maybe your irony detector went to bed a few minutes ago. ;)

They are.

Maybe your irony detector went to bed a few minutes ago. ;)

Then it stands to reason that if you think BioWare quotes are fairy tales, then you cannot trust, nor use BioWare quotes in an attempt to support your position.

By the way, I've highlighted the relevant parts of the quote in the other thread. ;)

Edited by JeramieCrowe

I was on 2000 - 2100 CET on Sunday on Lord Calypho Rep fleet and there was 60 persons.

I managed to do my WZ daily in less to 60 mins, total of 4 games. Switched to my level 20 Sith alt and there was 20-30 persons on Balmorra.

More or less at about 2200 CET.

Motivation! Difficult to see that on YT vides it is!

E3 was a hectic week for BW, and the SWTOR team.

I think they had to change some plans in the past months, how the game would evolve as planned 1 year ago, or even as early as part March in 1,2 PTS phase.

Saying all this I repeat.

I wish they allowed transfers to Lord Calpyho. We see what happens in the next phases.

But in the messages in the past weeks its seemed pretty important for BW that high pop on each server was important. Definitely so considering how much this is a game breaker for the game.

I was on 2000 - 2100 CET on Sunday on Lord Calypho Rep fleet and there was 60 persons.

I managed to do my WZ daily in less to 60 mins, total of 4 games. Switched to my level 20 Sith alt and there was 20-30 persons on Balmorra.

Motivation! Difficult to see that on YT vides it is!

I think they had to change some plans in the past months, how the game would evolve as planned 1 year ago, or even as early as part March in 1,2 PTS phase.

Saying all this I repeat.

I wish they allowed transfers to Lord Calpyho. We see what happens in the next phases.

But in the messages in the past weeks its seemed pretty important for BW that high pop on each server was important. Definitely so considering how much this is a game breaker for the game.

You make some good points. The problem is 'what happens between now and the next phases?'

Try some guild recruitment. And check how many guilds raid and have teams ready for rated warzones coming in 1.3.

Are we in kindergarden or are we talking about a game that costed several hundred millions to make and was supposed to compete in AAA MMO market?

There is no word on next phases. And Bioware has no clue which they proved excluding RP-PVP servers from transfers. They need to change that decision ASAP.

Edited by vandana_

I already posted this on the "Official" Character Transfer Thread, so I figured I'd share it here as well, regarding being "left out" of the character transfer process:

It's not a permanent "No" for you guys, just a "not now".

Since you guys (RP) are only one server each, your "population problem" is unique and can't be solved with a single transfer, unless it's a transfer from RP to a standard PvP or PvE (which would pretty much put the final nail into the coffin of the RP server). Most RP'ers don't want to play on a non-RP server. People can be kinda jerky to RPers. But with you being a minority of the actual MMO community, if you are wanting your own server to play on, then - being a minority - there might not be a fix for your population problem.

There's no point in transferring you to another server if nothing is going to be consolidated (they won't merge PvP and PvE or German and US servers, etc.) and they can't force anyone onto your server that doesn't want to go. Give it ONE more day when they will release some information on the transfers and I'm sure it will be addressed.

Maybe at some point, Bioware may offer some kind of incentive to move to an RP server. I don't personally do it, but if it were worth it to me, I'd be willing to play with them. (Not actually wanting to do it, but who knows)

So I quit the game due to horrible population issues and was extremely excited to come back after the announced transfer system... Only to find this... Its as if they don't want us to resub!

This post is the best argument for Bioware in this thread that they are wrong. Wake up, you are loosing customers!

I already posted this on the "Official" Character Transfer Thread, so I figured I'd share it here as well, regarding being "left out" of the character transfer process:

It's not a permanent "No" for you guys, just a "not now".

Since you guys (RP) are only one server each, your "population problem" is unique and can't be solved with a single transfer, unless it's a transfer from RP to a standard PvP or PvE (which would pretty much put the final nail into the coffin of the RP server). Most RP'ers don't want to play on a non-RP server. People can be kinda jerky to RPers. But with you being a minority of the actual MMO community, if you are wanting your own server to play on, then - being a minority - there might not be a fix for your population problem.

There's no point in transferring you to another server if nothing is going to be consolidated (they won't merge PvP and PvE or German and US servers, etc.) and they can't force anyone onto your server that doesn't want to go. Give it ONE more day when they will release some information on the transfers and I'm sure it will be addressed.

Maybe at some point, Bioware may offer some kind of incentive to move to an RP server. I don't personally do it, but if it were worth it to me, I'd be willing to play with them. (Not actually wanting to do it, but who knows)

We don't want our own server to play on. We just want to play MMO with people.

Edited by vandana_

Go to the "suggestion" forum and put this in:

"On the second series of transfers can the RP-PVP servers be given a free option of going to an RP-PVE server or a regular PvP server."

You do know they can't create RP-PvPers out of thin air? Right?

Do you want to RP when you play?

I can't speak for you personally, but like I said, most RP'ers don't like to RP on a standard server, they tend to get a lot of crap for it and people tend to interfere in their "RP environment". .

They can't just "give you people to play with", they have to want to play RP, they have to speak the same language as you and they have to be on the same side of the planet with you. That's how MY guild died. It was primarily Australians and we struggled to find times that we could play together (12 Hour time difference - we were going to bed before they were getting off of work), and when they got their own servers, they abandoned ours.

If you simply want to transfer from your dead RP server to a standard server, I'm with you on that. I think Bioware should work with you, but it's not what they are doing in the initial phase of transfers. When they DO allow you to transfer to a regular server, we're going to see ADDITIONAL rage posts about Bioware "allowing the RP community to die". They are trying to build up the populations for the individual "server-types" by transferring multiple servers of that type to one targeted server of the same type. (PvP to PvP, PvE to PvE, etc).

Once again, your situation is unique in that it wasn't caused as much by your community being spread out on too many servers (Since you only have the ONE), yours is just that people stopped playing on your RP server, either re-rolling to another or just unsubscribing. It's more the fault of the RP community on that server in general, than anything Bioware actually did. Once again, transferring or merging won't solve the specific problem of your RP server.

Bioware will eventually offer you the opportunity to transfer to whatever server you want, but most likely you will have to pay (hopefully not, I completely agree that this is something they should be willing to work with us on). But unfortunately, it's not what they are focusing on right now.

Edited by Jaavik

Do you want to RP when you play?

I can't speak for you personally, but like I said, most RP'ers don't like to RP on a standard server, they tend to get a lot of crap for it and people tend to interfere in their "RP environment". .

They can't just "give you people to play with", they have to want to play RP, they have to speak the same language as you and they have to be on the same side of the planet with you. That's how MY guild died. It was primarily Australians and we struggled to find times that we could play together (12 Hour time difference - we were going to bed before they were getting off of work), and when they got their own servers, they abandoned ours.

If you simply want to transfer from your dead RP server to a standard server, I'm with you on that. I think Bioware should work with you, but it's not what they are doing in the initial phase of transfers. They are trying to build up the populations for the individual "server-types" by transferring multiple servers of that type to one targeted server of the same type. (PvP to PvP, PvE to PvE, etc).

Once again, your situation is unique in that it wasn't caused as much by your community being spread out on too many servers (Since you only have the ONE), yours is just that people stopped playing on your RP server, either re-rolling to another or just unsubscribing. It's more the fault of the RP community in general, than anything Bioware actually did. Once again, transferring or merging won't solve the specific problem of your RP server.

Bioware will eventually offer you the opportunity to transfer to whatever server you want, but most likely you will have to pay (hopefully not, I completely agree that this is something they should be willing to work with us on). But unfortunately, it's not what they are focusing on right now.

Not to mention a very important point he's glossing over: many players on his server do NOT want what he's asking for. A simple check on the German forum shows that to be so.