RP-PvP "Lord Calypho" - Excluded from Transfers...

LovarBoy

Bioware will eventually offer you the opportunity to transfer to whatever server you want, but most likely you will have to pay (hopefully not, I completely agree that this is something they should be willing to work with us on). But unfortunately, it's not what they are focusing on right now.

Wait... it's not about OUR server. I don't care about it at all. The server sucks, it's dead and I want OUT of it. Bioware basically said "everybody else can transfer EXCEPT of you guys". I just want to be treated like EVERYBODY ELSE. Is it so hard to understand ?

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I already posted this on the "Official" Character Transfer Thread, so I figured I'd share it here as well, regarding being "left out" of the character transfer process:

It's not a permanent "No" for you guys, just a "not now".

Since you guys (RP) are only one server each, your "population problem" is unique and can't be solved with a single transfer, unless it's a transfer from RP to a standard PvP or PvE (which would pretty much put the final nail into the coffin of the RP server). Most RP'ers don't want to play on a non-RP server. People can be kinda jerky to RPers. But with you being a minority of the actual MMO community, if you are wanting your own server to play on, then - being a minority - there might not be a fix for your population problem.

There's no point in transferring you to another server if nothing is going to be consolidated (they won't merge PvP and PvE or German and US servers, etc.) and they can't force anyone onto your server that doesn't want to go. Give it ONE more day when they will release some information on the transfers and I'm sure it will be addressed.

Maybe at some point, Bioware may offer some kind of incentive to move to an RP server. I don't personally do it, but if it were worth it to me, I'd be willing to play with them. (Not actually wanting to do it, but who knows)

It will be too late IMO. I imagine some of those people have been waiting to transfer since it was first mentioned and continued subing because of that. Now Bioware says that they dont care about them enjoying the game with other people because they are role players. OMG we cant have those type of people come onto a PVP or PVE server because someone might make fun of them for using chat bubbles. Wait RP's dont have chat bubbles :rolleyes:.

Its ok though they are going to screw up this merge (oops I mean transfer) so bad that more people are going to quit just because bioware screwed up. If they dont allow every server to be a origin or destination server then they are basically just milking people along. Hey guys you were not in group 1 so maybe you can get in group 2 or 3 or 4 or 5. Just keep your sub active because the transfers are happening.

Wait... it's not about OUR server. I don't care about it at all. The server sucks, it's dead and I want OUT of it. Bioware basically said "everybody else can transfer EXCEPT of you guys". I just want to be treated like EVERYBODY ELSE. Is it so hard to understand ?

Everyone else is going to identical server types..

You can't because of the nature of your selected server. They can't create a full english speaking RP-PVP server out of thin air.

Do you want to RP when you play?

I can't speak for you personally, but like I said, most RP'ers don't like to RP on a standard server, they tend to get a lot of crap for it and people tend to interfere in their "RP environment". .

They can't just "give you people to play with", they have to want to play RP, they have to speak the same language as you and they have to be on the same side of the planet with you. That's how MY guild died. It was primarily Australians and we struggled to find times that we could play together (12 Hour time difference - we were going to bed before they were getting off of work), and when they got their own servers, they abandoned ours.

If you simply want to transfer from your dead RP server to a standard server, I'm with you on that. I think Bioware should work with you, but it's not what they are doing in the initial phase of transfers. When they DO allow you to transfer to a regular server, we're going to see ADDITIONAL rage posts about Bioware "allowing the RP community to die". They are trying to build up the populations for the individual "server-types" by transferring multiple servers of that type to one targeted server of the same type. (PvP to PvP, PvE to PvE, etc).

Once again, your situation is unique in that it wasn't caused as much by your community being spread out on too many servers (Since you only have the ONE), yours is just that people stopped playing on your RP server, either re-rolling to another or just unsubscribing. It's more the fault of the RP community on that server in general, than anything Bioware actually did. Once again, transferring or merging won't solve the specific problem of your RP server.

Bioware will eventually offer you the opportunity to transfer to whatever server you want, but most likely you will have to pay (hopefully not, I completely agree that this is something they should be willing to work with us on). But unfortunately, it's not what they are focusing on right now.

You make it sound as if it is the active players' fault which it is totally not. Also consider that the problems most servers are facing are not at all due to too many servers being opened at launch. People were just fleeing this game like crazy the past couple of months and now we got the result. Many once high populated servers went down to unbareable light now. That's the consequence. It has little to do with opening too many servers in the first place (which didn't manage to get a decent population at all) but much more with the fact that many people left the game which left many servers with a very low population. It would be just as unfair of mine to tell you it would be your own fault. It's not.

As long as there has not even been an official word on another phase we can safely assume there is none for now. This is typical BioWare blabla 'soon', 'pherhaps', 'may' and 'we're doing everything we can...'.

You can't because of the nature of your selected server. They can't create a full english speaking RP-PVP server out of thin air.

Noone wants that, but it wouldn't hurt anybody to give us the option to transfer to one RP-PVE and one PVP server. Everyone would be happy this way.

It will be too late IMO. I imagine some of those people have been waiting to transfer since it was first mentioned and continued subing because of that.

That is EXACTLY the case. I simply feel cheated by Bioware. I continued to sub, waited for the transfers only to learn that my server is simply being left out. With no information whatsover.

The EU RP-PvP servers are beyond salvation at this point. Some people are going to reroll and others are simply going to unsub fed up with Bioware's substandard treatement.

What's more baffling, Bioware is AGAINST the market. Pretty much everybody is F2P, they offer a sub based MMO.

WTH ? I am really expected to pay a sub for THIS ?

He doesnt care about the RP. He just wants to play the game with people. Why punish him and make him stay on a server that is dead just because some people dont want to leave it and want to stay on a RP server.

Maybe they should just also make it so if you transfer and someone has the same name as you that you cant transfer since some people might hunt down the person with that name and treat his as if he was a RP on a regular server.

The entire purpose of this transfer is to get the servers full of people again so people dont quit because they are on a server with no one to play with.

Now they are just telling people to quit because they are not as important as some other people and they dont care if they are happy or not.

It's not hard to understand at all, I'm just trying to get YOU to understand that what you are asking for is NOT what they are doing right now. Technically, you ARE being treated like everyone else, in the sense that everyone is being forced to transfer to the same type of server. In YOUR case, there is only ONE origin server so it doesn't benefit you.

I'm completely with you on what you are asking. MY situation is that I have my 2 mains on a dead PvE server, when the population dropped, I "re-rolled" on "Fatman" because of the obvious reason that it was the most populated and that's what we all wanted.

While playing there, I learned that I like PvP better, it adds more excitement to the game for me. So when I knew transfers were coming, I was hoping they were going to make one of each type of server available to an origin server and llow them to choose where they wanted to go, to me - this was the best idea because I could consolidate my characters and preserve my legacy. My 2 mains will be stuck (for now) on a PvE server, and since my 're-rolls" are on the most populated server, I won't be able to transfer them. I can transfer my mains to another (more populated) PvE server, but i have little interest in playing PvE.

But the way they are doing it is direct targeted transfers from one server type to the same server type. I honestly don't know why they are doing ti that way, but I don't presume to know how this thing has to be handled. I'm hopeful that after these initial transfers, Bioware will work with us to get us where we want to be in the game.

So once again, we both want something that isn't yet happening. This initial phase has a specific method and purpose. YOU are in a worse case scenario than I am because I will be getting to go somewhere that i can play with more people and I understand your frustration. They are trying to fix a problem that they caused, and in your case, they didn't cause it.

It doesn't change how much it sucks, I know.

Noone wants that, but it wouldn't hurt anybody to give us the option to transfer to one RP-PVE and one PVP server. Everyone would be happy this way.

Agree with you completely.

Now if the whiners in the thread had asked for this before posting their whines, and pressed BW for it, I think the whole community would have backed them.. and maybe.. but alas it's too late for the first round.

So for the second round ...BW wake up and help these people(except for the whiners.. leave them on the server.....)

Now if the whiners in the thread had asked for this before posting their whines, and pressed BW for it, I think the whole community would have backed them.. and maybe.. but alas it's too late for the first round.

So for the second round ...BW wake up and help these people(except for the whiners.. leave them on the server.....)

I didnt read all the pages to see all the whining but, I dont blame them for whining.. Atleast I can move off my dead server tommorow but I feel bad for everyone stuck...

Even non Rper have mention this. Dont use them whining about it as an excuse. This compramise (them losing the RP to actually play with people) was mentioned a while ago but Bioware doesnt give a crap about it. They are going to milk the transfer as long as they can so that they can get people to continue to sub. Hey more money for them while you wait.

It will be too late IMO. I imagine some of those people have been waiting to transfer since it was first mentioned and continued subing because of that. Now Bioware says that they dont care about them enjoying the game with other people because they are role players. OMG we cant have those type of people come onto a PVP or PVE server because someone might make fun of them for using chat bubbles. Wait RP's dont have chat bubbles :rolleyes:.

You may want to "throttle down" on the drama a little. Bioware doesn't HATE RPers. The system they are making available to us does something specific. It allows "multiple" origin servers of a specific type to transfer characters to a "specific" targeted server of the same type in order to beef up the population. YOUR situation is unique in that there is ONLY ONE ORIGIN SERVER and the population won't get bigger.

All I'm saying is give them ONE more day to release some information on the transfers. If they don't address your situation, then you have every reason to be upset (not that you don't now).

Its ok though they are going to screw up this merge (oops I mean transfer) so bad that more people are going to quit just because bioware screwed up. If they dont allow every server to be a origin or destination server then they are basically just milking people along. Hey guys you were not in group 1 so maybe you can get in group 2 or 3 or 4 or 5. Just keep your sub active because the transfers are happening.

No arguments here. It's frustrating and they have made us wait a very long time and they are asking us to wait more. You are absolutely right.

It's not hard to understand at all, I'm just trying to get YOU to understand that what you are asking for is NOT what they are doing right now. Technically, you ARE being treated like everyone else, in the sense that everyone is being forced to transfer to the same type of server. In YOUR case, there is only ONE origin server so it doesn't benefit you.

Technically EVERYBODY is going to end up either on an origin server or a destination server. So everybody is going to have their population issues somewhat adressed FOR FREE.

Everybody except for people who rolled on EU RP servers.

But let's not argue over semantics please. :)

You may want to "throttle down" on the drama a little. Bioware doesn't HATE RPers. The system they are making available to us does something specific. It allows "multiple" origin servers of a specific type to transfer characters to a "specific" targeted server of the same type in order to beef up the population. YOUR situation is unique in that there is ONLY ONE ORIGIN SERVER and the population won't get bigger.

All I'm saying is give them ONE more day to release some information on the transfers. If they don't address your situation, then you have every reason to be upset (not that you don't now).

The system they made was to consolidate the servers so that people could play together and not be on a dead server anymore. That was the entire reasoning behind the transfers. Now for most its easy, just combine PVP with PVP and PVE with PVE. But the RP is a special group and they are not getting what was intended by the transfers.

No arguments here. It's frustrating and they have made us wait a very long time and they are asking us to wait more. You are absolutely right.

They should have seen this problem when they first sat down to discuss the transfer process. Also I believe you can transfer between server types. I havent played on the test server but are there 2 test servers or 1? Do they not allow either PVP or PVE on then if its just one?

Your just taking what they say as word and not thinking anything else about it. They can transfer between server types if they wanted too. They just dont want to put in the extra effort to help out just a small group of the population.

They should have seen this problem when they first sat down to discuss the transfer process.

Precisely. How on earth can they be so short-sighted ?

Has nobody figured out "Hey, if we are going to exclude ONLY those three servers from transfers, people there are going to be very unhappy about it. I don't think we should hive the players another reason to be unhappy about the game." ? o.O

Then don't.

I seriously don't get all those people that jump in this thread and act like they know better what we need.

If you say something bad about Bioware then they come out to defend. Your a hater now :D

Even though you want to play the game with people :confused:

"Here is the first part of the plan."

"WHAT?! How can you be so short-sighted?! We need this, that, and the other!!!111thirteen."

"Ummm...look, we're just starting with the first part of our plan. I'll let you know the rest of the plan when it's time. There's definitely a lot more than what I've told you."

"OMG!! You should have seen the whole problem when you first sat down to talk about it!!!1"

....*facepalm*... "Ok, once again, we have a plan to address all your concerns, but this is just the first part of the plan."

"FAIL!!! How can you be so short-sighted?! We need this, that, and the other!!!"

*sigh* "'Hokay, we'll let you know when it's time."

"HEY!! What's the plan?!>!!"

*frustrated silence*

"WHAT?! How can you be so short-sighted?! We need this, that, and the other!!!111thirteen."

"Ummm...look, we're just starting with the first part of our plan. I'll let you know the rest of the plan when it's time. There's definitely a lot more than what I've told you."

"OMG!! You should have seen the whole problem when you first sat down to talk about it!!!1"

....*facepalm*... "Ok, once again, we have a plan to address all your concerns, but this is just the first part of the plan."

"FAIL!!! How can you be so short-sighted?! We need this, that, and the other!!!"

*frustrated silence*

Let me quote my favourite forum poster: "you hurt my feelings you crazy troll."

When they mention first part of the plan its has nothing to do with this topic. The first part of the plan is to set up alot of origin server and transfer them to destination servers. The second part of the plan is to see if they need to do another transfer, because the servers are still not full.

The last part of the plan is to have paid transfer so people can move to whatever server they want. (most likely you still wont be able to change from a pvp to a pve server)

There is nothing in thier plan to address this special situation of EU RP-PVP servers.

They want to play this game (dont know why but they do) with other people and Bioware is not doing anything to help them

Thats what they are afraid of. That they will tell them the rest of the plan SOON. That could be forever (

They should have. When they made the list of servers both origin and destination, you would have thought that they would have taken every server and divided them up into sections

The sections would be

US

PVP East

PVE East

RP-PVP East

RP-PVE East

PVP West

PVE West

RP-PVP West

RP-PVE West

EU

PVP Englsih

PVE English

RP-PVP English

RP-PVE English

PVP German

PVE German

RP-PVP German

RP-PVE German

PVP French

PVE French

RP-PVP French

RP-PVE French

Then put every server into the group they fit into. Then With the population they would determine what would be origin and what would be destination servers.

Someone out of everyone there should have noticed that under RP-PVP for all 3 EU languages that there was only one server and that the population was low and that this wouldnt do anything for them. Someone had to say what are we going to do about this.

They have a plan to address most of the concerns, not all of them

It is fail. Your plan is to get everyone together so we have people to play with and dont quit but then you dont do anything about the RP-PVPers because it doesnt fit into the diagram for transfers that you designed.

There afraid they are gonna say SOON

*frustrated silence*

More like silence from stupidity

*frustrated silence*

I'm not really sure what are you trying to achieve here besides trolling a bunch of unhappy people.

*frustrated silence*

Relax man.. In a week there will be no people at Lord Calypho because of unsub, so you can happily proclaim that you achived tremendous victory! There will be no more whines of unhappy people!

Edited by Missandei