Bio says no to macros at Guild Summit.

Badlander

PERSONALLY,,,,,, AS A LEFT HANDER.... I struggle, I have key binded my numeric pad and surrounding keys to cater for my disability lol... All numbers are hotkeys for skills. # is jump , / is draw weapon. -+_=/* all do something else, Yeah its a pain, every new alt has to be key binded as yet i have not found a template save. BUT I WONT USE MACRO's I will struggle and enjoy the game as hitting the right key adds a element of skill timing and satisfaction.

http://www.fentek-ind.com/modular.htm ?

• Replies 926
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Woohoo! Score one for the good guys!

And here I was thinking the opposite. If they are not going to implement macros, they need to do something about the number of abilities we have to use. I'm not as nimble as I used to be and I'm running out of comfortable keybinds.

I'm really starting to doubt that the BW team has any real "gamers" on it. Designing games and playing them are two entirely different things. In WoW the devs also play different classes

Many of WoW's current features started as Addons developed by players. Blizz didn't have to develope things their community did it for them. That said, addons can very much be abused.

Those of you who are against macros, I have to wonder at your level of experience with MMOs in general, or whether you've only played one, maybe 2 MMOs where they were poorly implemented.

And in WoW, they were poorly implemented.

I would MUCH rather have a macro that enables me to Target a mob with @mouseover vs changing my primary Target, issueing a taunt to that mob, and notifies the group "taunting %T" vs the 3 step thing they have now.

As a guardian I most definately do not enjoy having 25+ buttons to track and play whack-a-mole with, while trying to follow combat.

I see the lack of a macro system as a MAJOR oversight that coupled with a horrid UI and no Target of Target ,greatly diminishes my enjoyment of the game itself. It's probably my greatest annoyance with the game overall.

I know there are alot of you macro haters out there and all, but you do realize how popular macros actually are don't you?

So, you rejoice in the lack of macros and all....great. But how many subs do you lose because yet another standard OPTIONAL feature was neglected?

And fanboys wonder why the game isn't doing well in the market.

... But how many subs do you lose because yet another standard OPTIONAL feature was neglected?

A handful maybe. I'm also pretty sure the game is doing just fine.

No subs lost over this.

For those *really* wanting macros, they'll just use their own outside of the client. AutoHotkey is one of my favorites. Macros in-game for commands, such as /flag, would be nice, but it's not crucial. I can still make my own. Another example would be target a specific character (ie: your companion) and buff/shield them in one keystroke. It just makes tedious things less tedious.

Edited by cipher_nemo

It was pretty much said that there will be no macros anytime soon if ever at the guild summit. It seems part of the Dev team hates macros and does not want them in game.

But, they did say there will be some things in game that will help healers and such. What that means who knows they did not explain it very well.

Yes that is pretty much the extent idea. They dont want you to be able to chain abilities or make combos with a single macro. they did however say they will make a macro interface so you can do insignificant things such as one liners or emotes.

I know there are alot of you macro haters out there and all, but you do realize how popular macros actually are don't you?

So, you rejoice in the lack of macros and all....great. But how many subs do you lose because yet another standard OPTIONAL feature was neglected?

-I know exactly how popular they are, I also love them, but probably not for the same reason as the knee-jerk tweak-out freak-out spaztastic melee geeking circle running PvPer does.

-How do you know if anyone is "rejoicing"? Some people play just fine without them, and their style may even be more suited to it, who are YOU to say it's something to be happy or not about?

-You're going to unsub because of macros? Can I have your stuff? There's bigger issues to be handled, far more make/break, IN MY OPINION, than whether or not we get macros. Macros do not make a game, not any MMO, they are a luxury, pure and simple. If you DEPEND on them, you have a sad crutch.

-There's no reports on "How the Market is doing", unless you are referring to the overall economy in general orrr......? And, the fanboys probably REALLY don't care how it's doing/will do/has done, because they are fanboys and the sales/subs numbers don't matter to them, so why would they wonder about it?

Good, more groups for me. If you can't handle an 8 man without macro usage, you're simply not that good.

Totally agree, i'm playing a jugg which is one of the more intensive roations of the classes for its job, and i dont see what the issue is. I see combat macros as almost cheating. Hey lets string 4 moves together using 1 hotkey! WoW your gd! -.-

Emote macros though, im fine with them. I look forward to those when they arrive, which tgey will.

Although they said no combat macros they have a very specific rule regarding macros ouside the game.

No Automation

No Delays

Must press the macro key each sequence (no loops).

No multi-presses (automatic mashing)

If you satisfy these conditions you can use macros to your hearts content.

Meaning you could use it to do a quick mass buff instead of pressing like 5 abilities before you attack so long as there are no delays. It should be in the Rules of Conduct I believe.

meh, who cares. Game is already way too easy. Last thing we need is macro's to make it beyond brainless.

seriously are people so lazy now that this is an issue? lol

though..I would love to make a macro that has my Sith Warrior yell "FUS" whenever I use force scream.

only "combat macro" I would want

I can't shake the feeling that all you macro haters are actually bad at the game. Or maybe you have four hands or something.

I can fairly comfortably reach about 13 keys on my keyboard, and two mouse buttons plus the scroll up and scroll down mouse movements. So I bind one of my mouse buttons to the ctrl button. That gives me about 29 abilities I can hit comfortably while in combat and it is still not enough.

So, to all you macro haters. How the hell are you using all your abilites? Are you just prioritizing what is most used and ignoring the rest? Are you clicking them with your mouse?

All I freakin want is condition macros. If stealth cast this, if not cast this. If combat cast this, if not cast this. Why are you guys so happy that I can't do this?