Patch 1.2 may be to late.

Miyeko

SWG had about 300,000 players for 2 years. I wouldnt call that flopping hard.

If SWG was a massive failure what would you call a game that spent 200+ million dollars on its developement and hax more subs in its first month than SWG did in its entire game life and ended up the first year with less subs that SWG.

Because I think I see that game and just wondering what it would be called. Think SWTOR will replace the CU/NGE as the biggest screw up in MMO history.

You know you could have a point if it wasn't that... it's all made up.

But now I understand, you are a swg vet, that explains everything, you are so blinded from hate that the day they say TOR went over 2 million subs you are going to jump from the window (though living in a basement HAS its advantages...)

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah, I mean social points and pvp valor.

If your bored then that sucks for you.

Go play WoW and tell me thats not boring doing the same thing over and over and over and over, you get the idea.

Social points are useless (you get glitter and a thing that makes people dance..), and mine has been bugged since level god-knows-what anyway.

PvP valor stops being interesting at r60.

And I don't want to play WoW. I haven't played WoW since mid-TBC, because it got boring and too easy.

This game has great potential. I loved this game up until recently. I don't WANT to play another game, but I'm not going to pay a monthly fee to do nothing.

And if you bother to read this forum you will see that I am far from being the only one bored at this point, so don't tell me "sucks for you", cause it's not about me. It's the game.

Social points are useless (you get glitter and a thing that makes people dance..), and mine has been bugged since level god-knows-what anyway.

And I don't want to play WoW. I haven't played WoW since mid-TBC, because it got boring and too easy.

This game has great potential. I loved this game up until recently. I don't WANT to play another game, but I'm not going to pay a monthly fee to do nothing.

And if you bother to read this forum you will see that I am far from being the only one bored at this point, so don't tell me "sucks for you", cause it's not about me. It's the game.

i got a random quest, did you lvl noramly, and clear each planet or you one fo the poeple taht space bar throught most of the CS, speeded lvled and not bored?

Hate to say it but Rift is even better than SWTOR. I couldn't stand Trions wow clonish game, but there's more to do in that game than there is in SWTOR.

Then why are you not on thier forums supporting thier game? Instead of here trolling with negative comments? Never could understand players posting on a game's forums they donot like. I tried Rift, did not like it. And you never saw me on thier forums lamebashing it.

It sounds like you don't like any games on the market.

That's fine. Maybe you should try other game systems until MMOs in general are designed with your ideas more in mind.

However, don't bet on it.

The reason why you see people post about being bored is because those who have fun are playing the game.

QQers > "Biodrones" on the forums.

It would seem based on your posts that you are burned out on MMO's, maybe I am wrong but it seems like that.

SWG had about 300,000 players for 2 years. I wouldnt call that flopping hard.

If SWG was a massive failure what would you call a game that spent 200+ million dollars on its developement and hax more subs in its first month than SWG did in its entire game life and ended up the first year with less subs that SWG.

Because I think I see that game and just wondering what it would be called. Think SWTOR will replace the CU/NGE as the biggest screw up in MMO history.

Flopping is a relative term. 300k compared to the expectations at release is flopping. It took several years for the game to even sell 1 million copies and they had bee touting their expectations of over a million SUBS within the first year.

The expectations for Galaxies was huge and it flopped in comparison.

the facts are not in dispute.

It flopped in the sense that Warhammer and Dungeons and Dragons flopped.

I'm having fun playing the game. If you are not having fun then dont play it I suppose.

You may want to play it but cant bring yourself, that does not mean you're opinion is the definitive final word on the game.

I'm enjoying it immensely.

i got a random quest, did you lvl noramly, and clear each planet or you one fo the poeple taht space bar throught most of the CS, speeded lvled and not bored?

I did ALL the quests on each planet. I wasn't bored up until recently. Then I realised I have experienced all the "endgame" content BW is offering us.

I was level 50 in early January, due to pre-order.

It would seem based on your posts that you are burned out on MMO's, maybe I am wrong but it seems like that.

Far from it. I am burned out from this game. The last MMORPG I played was WoW TBC. The last MMO I played was Battlefield Heroes (which I probably will go back to)

Wait, that's completely disingenuous. Thread after thread after thread have stated that the UI is what caused them to hate the game, quit, unsub, etc.

So apparently YES, the UI change is a game saving change.

There was nothing disingenuous about what I said. I stated that the UI changes were being demanded for over a year of beta, one thing in a list of statements covering several aspects of the game, not one single point being made but many...

You, feeling the need to reply to me and take a portion of what I stated to take it out of context is what is disingenuous.

You know you could have a point if it wasn't that... it's all made up.

But now I understand, you are a swg vet, that explains everything, you are so blinded from hate that the day they say TOR went over 2 million subs you are going to jump from the window (though living in a basement HAS its advantages...)

:) this is sadly probably true. She likes to throw around that 300k number but during the time frame she is talking about there is documentation showing that ALL of the galaxy servers were regularly carrying less than 10k players online at any one time.

Considering the game barely sold a million copies during its life and she is just bitter tor has sold over 2 million in its first few months.

I did ALL the quests on each planet. I wasn't bored up until recently. Then I realised I have experienced all the "endgame" content BW is offering us.

I was level 50 in early January, due to pre-order.

you are still talking as if you have the final say on the game content and whether it's boring.

the only thing you can state factually is that YOU are bored. That is in fact only representative of you, not the game and not everyone else.

You may not be old enough to understand this but just because you have an opinion on something does not make it objectively correct.

You are not having fun.

I am.

All you've "proven" so far is that you are not having fun...and I believed you the first time you said it.

Really now?

Just stop trying... Really funny seeing you defend WoW.

Datacrons?

Illum?

World PvP?

Raids?

FPs?

Actual lore? Really? TOR lore is far more complicated.

Everything you just listed you do in WoW you do in TOR. lol fail logic is fail.

You're not even making any sense. I didn't say TOR lore wasn't more "complicated" as you put it. I'd say rich instead, but you know what, it's not rich in game, it's rich in movies and TV shows and Star Wars books that I don't play in game.

BW really needs to start incrementally adding in patch 1.2 and soon, or they may find themselves a bit short on players - many people did like myself, and bought a two month card to play, and it will run out.. way before the last of March and early April.

That being said, if theres no change by then, I am not about to put another two months cash while I wait - a wait that may or may not be broken by finding another game entirely. Others I am sure feel the same.

An incremental output would at least show they HAVE stuff completed, it wont interfere with anyones playtime - heck every Tuesday patch eh? It would also lower the amount of *surprise* "patches to fix the patch" that happens to every game with a major update.

Let's have a constructive discussion about this.

Doom ... Gloom ...

Sheesh.

or...you're just not aware that they upped thresholds. But why would you be since you just want to hate for the sake of it.

I am also a billionaire with 12 jets and 18 summer homes.

The reality is we don't know anything about overall population numbers. the only statistic website shows steady population with some servers increasing and some decreasing.

Did you look at the overall population? The One that shows a steady decline in server population (that shows no indication of a server capacity increase) that also resembles how the server status on this site indicates and what people in the forums are saying.

Please while your at it link all the servers that have increased in population even with all the new players rushing into the game and all the reroll.

You have no way to know if your personal experience is representative of the overall trend - for instance, my server perenanana(sp) trade routes has experienced a noticeable growth on republic side population.

So if you are right, why is my server increasing in pop?

Rerolls or players making alts because there is no endgame?

of course - the main hole in your argument is the thresholds you're not aware of.

Maybe Bioware could give those numbers. LOL right it would just prove it.

thats why people are calling you a liar - I dont think you're lying, you just did not have all the facts.

Ignore the server status being lower than it has been. Whens the last time you saw a full server?

Ignore that there are lots of people saying they have no one to group with and must have a LFG tool because of it.

Ignore everyone asking for server merges (these are players that are playing the game) because there are not enough people on their server.

If you ignore all those things and just believe they increased server capacities that were almost to max capacity and they did this in record time when nothing else they have done has been done with any urgency then yeah your right.

I agree with OP.

I have said the same the past few days. I have an active GC till around 20ish of March. I hope for Bioware that the patch will have been launched at least a week by then cause I'm not going to re-sub only to check what they added and what they broke this time.

If that patch isn't coming before 18th of March it's just a sign they are hoping to get people to re-sub to check out the new patch. That kind of trash is not working on me. Either I re-sub next month because I have enjoyed patch 1.2, or I will unsub and not come back for at least half a year. If I ever will come back, cause right now I'm terribly bored with the game.

You're right. I knew I forgot something. Still, three months isn't a lot compared to the leveling curve of other games and I'd venture only a minority plays 40 hours a month, most people put in more.

I don't know where it is but I believe in the Dev tracker one of the Dev's said only a small percentage were at 50, most were still in their 30's... Given this was said a few weeks ago....

I know people like myself like to play around with multiple alts as we level so it takes us a lot longer to hit lvl 50.... This game is designed around playing alts.... If you don't appreciate the story then your not going to like this game... I know some people on these forums are trying to make the game less about story and more like other MMO's (which BTW they left, kind of ironic)...

If your the type of player who played Mass Effect / Dragon Age games only once then you just don't get what a Bioware game is about.... There just not for you....

My point though was that without some show of good faith a LOT of people who leave.. well they aint coming back. Not just me , as I would check in now and again, but for a LOT of people, once done, done. And that would kill this game in infancy fairly well.

Would like to see a prospectus on how many active subs they NEED to survive, but doubt that will ever come out. And the random numbers people toss out dont help - if a small base was enough Tabula Rasa would still be online :p

Blah, blah, blah!

Blah, blah, blah!

The epitome of the SWTOR community. This poster is exhibiting behavior equivalent to a child putting their fingers into their ears and saying the comment above while throwing a hissy fit.

Bioware if this is who you make games for by gosh you can have em all. Forever! Just don't let them populate any other title. I'd hate for this disease to spread anywhere else.

Edited by DigitalDreamz

My point though was that without some show of good faith a LOT of people who leave.. well they aint coming back. Not just me , as I would check in now and again, but for a LOT of people, once done, done. And that would kill this game in infancy fairly well.

Would like to see a prospectus on how many active subs they NEED to survive, but doubt that will ever come out. And the random numbers people toss out dont help - if a small base was enough Tabula Rasa would still be online :p

Why should BW be the only one with the "Show of good faith" this game is only a few month old, they have come out with there plans to release additional content, they are attempting to fix bugs and now people that are not even willing to subscribe for 6 month are demanding new content before their subs run out. If you can't be bothered to support the game, just move on, I am sure the rest of us will do fine without you.