Patch 1.2 may be to late.

Miyeko

THIS IS NOT VANILLA TIME! I DON'T HAVE TO CREATE WHEEL AGAIN EACH TIME!

Are you able to understand this?

Are you able to understand that i'm tired of ALL the sh's being not professional and not only your holy grail BIOWARE?

You realise you're coming across as having a bit of a tantrum, yes?

I THINK it's ALL the CAPITAL letters you ARE using.

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aint about full patches, its about incremental fixes as a whole. Why wait to put in a bunch when you can do a few NOW ? And rushed? rushed?

After as much development as this game had, right now we should be seeing the polishing / forgotten items phase, not the developmental phase of things they should have seen coming. I want the polish patches, not the extra content / developmental crap.

Fix the bugs - incrementally if need be but NOW, not in a patch in another month.

Maybe that's what they are doing already? A major patch is often only deployed if all things within it are more or less connected to each other and in order to stabilize things via extensive regressive in-house testing. You can't just slice and dice data and trickle them down into the hungry and voracious mouths of customers and hope nothing blows up.

Some things can be released because they are fairly trivial, others need more intensive work.

i rlly don't get some ppl the game is like 2 months old and ppl are alrdy crying about 1.2 patch to late.. Come on get real every new mmo has update patches afther release to make the game better and better and to provide the mmo community with features that they want. And Bioware is actuly doing a good job with the fast patching and updating the game with new content and improvements WITHIN 2-3 MONTHS****. SO ppl be glad that bioware is working hard for us all and if u don't like it leave no one will miss u rlly. This game will be even more successful afther those improvements and releases in other country's. ;)

PS: i just find those crybaby's / fanboy's rlly annoying posting irrelevant story's at forums like these just to trash the game. It is rlly silly but we are better off them :)

BW really needs to start incrementally adding in patch 1.2 and soon, or they may find themselves a bit short on players - many people did like myself, and bought a two month card to play, and it will run out.. way before the last of March and early April.

That being said, if theres no change by then, I am not about to put another two months cash while I wait - a wait that may or may not be broken by finding another game entirely. Others I am sure feel the same.

An incremental output would at least show they HAVE stuff completed, it wont interfere with anyones playtime - heck every Tuesday patch eh? It would also lower the amount of *surprise* "patches to fix the patch" that happens to every game with a major update.

Let's have a constructive discussion about this.

***, you can't wait a month or so? Do you have ADD or something? lulz

this game has never HAD a major patch dude. And reading comprehension is your friend. I say if you have FIXED THIS PARTICULAR BUG (whatever it may be) put it in the Tuesday patch NOW, not later - if you have fixed this particular feature , again next patch day. If you have fixed this ONE PART OF THE UI, hey add it in Tuesday.

This way if ONE THING breaks something else, hey you know what it is, and its fixable , not a 'holy crap what did what to what when where why" fest that USUALLY happens after a MAJOR content patch.

Does being uninformed, or blatantly blind come natural to you, or do you work on it?

This game is amazing. The graphics rock, the story is awesome. Gladly, I'm not one of those people that races to the end of the book for bragging rights, I tend to enjoy things I pay for. When I leveled to 50, I went back and made another toon, and now play on them both. I know some things are broken right now but they will be fixed.

I would rather play this game broken than play World of Warcraft the way it is now. And that is pathetic.

I have patience, I can wait. My sub gets paid every month anyhow wether I log in once or 30 times anyway so. Im just hanging out.

Hey I have a business proposal: You give me 15 bucks a month and I promise to pay it back with 20% interest. You just need to wait but I hear you're a patient guy.

BW really needs to start incrementally adding in patch 1.2 and soon, or they may find themselves a bit short on players - many people did like myself, and bought a two month card to play, and it will run out.. way before the last of March and early April.

That being said, if theres no change by then, I am not about to put another two months cash while I wait - a wait that may or may not be broken by finding another game entirely. Others I am sure feel the same.

An incremental output would at least show they HAVE stuff completed, it wont interfere with anyones playtime - heck every Tuesday patch eh? It would also lower the amount of *surprise* "patches to fix the patch" that happens to every game with a major update.

We can all agree it was pushed out too early. Pretty sure EA had something to do with it. I dont know why people are making posts like this. There are a ton of other games out there you can play while waiting for them to finish content. Bioware is doing a great job and pushing out patches that are relatively bug free (in reference to WoW's patches where the server is down all day and stuff just doesnt work like Ulduar release). Even the time frame is quick. They are pushing out the second tier dungeon 3 months after release. Back to WoW, how long was it between content patches?

Before someone posts that it is like comparing apples to oranges. You can quite easily compare both games. Both are the same type of game and both share the same player base. As a 6 year hardcore raider vet of WoW, I'm impressed so far with Bioware's timeline. Yeah it is kinda boring right now since all content has been done but that allows me to play Amalur or other games along with studying for classes. 3 months for brand new content...? I'll take it.

If someone is basically ready to quit, then 1.2 really isn't going to make them do a full 180. No patch really will, unless the game is fundamentally changed. That's not going to happen.

Not exactly true.

My original plan was to wait and see what 1.2 did, then make a decision about staying in the game or not. When I realized there was nothing keeping me in until 1.2 arrives (whenever that is), I unsubscribed. The lazy Q&A didn't help either...

I'll come back when it does show up, however, and make a determination on whether or not to come back. I fully intend to take 1.2 seriously. It sounds like it will be a step in the right direction for the game, but a lot changes week-to-week, and features get dropped or delayed.

So for me, 1.2 was too late. It still has the potential to bring me back.

Edited by Dezzi

What is really coming in 1.2? There really isnt anything game saving.

UI customization...something being demaded for over a year in beta.

Expanded Legacy that is going to be a roleplayer killer because

A: It will either force all alts to be the same race for the family tree or

B: Will allow a (race) main to have an alt of (another race) in the same family

And...another flashpoint/operation

If you look at this game as if its an MMORPG, there is a massive blackhole outside the main storyline that will take an expansion sized update to fill and it still may not actually cause the players to repair the community, which is non-existant. They gave people no reason to treat this game like an MMORPG...I have never seen a normal conversation going on in chat in this game.

are u able to understand that being rude, QQ'ing and throwing a tantrum is not going to fix the issues you have with this game...

there's no need to get testy.. but comparing 2 months of swtor to 7 years of wow is a little impatient, talk about instant gratification. let me make this easy for you:

WoW = 7 years old.

TOR = 2 months old.

As far as I can see your getting a LOT more in SWTOR in the early days (which is vanilla btw so yes I can compare) to what WoW had to offer in its first few months.

Comparing wheels does not come into this im afraid, we do not live in the stone age anymore...

Perhaps this game is just not for you, ever thought of that? Perhaps going back to your treasured wow might be the best option here rather than QQ'ing in the TOR forums?

That is not a valid arugument...and the biobots should really stop using it.

Look at WOW Beta 2003/2004. No other game had things that WOW was coming out with (it was new/refreshing). Mounts....FREAKING sweet, though I would later miss the "speed classes"! No other game had mounts, they all had "points" you traveled to, DAOC was doing something different at its time with speed classes/caster speed to assist in moving around, but not free roaming mounts. Once the idea came out, it was demanded in daoc and later added (I think DR in 2005). Games SHOULD not step back in technology and what is provided...They should move forward, unfortunately the latest games have rarely done something "new", and they even lack in items compared to new content. The only thing I find "great" in this game is Voidstar, its one of the best "instanced" pvp zones (I actually dont like the idea of instance zones...but I give Void an A-).....A PVP instanced /BG where the OBJECT is to kill other players while other players attempt to take something..not a stand on a node game, someone finally got it, but I figured Void is a complete mistake on Bio, when looking at the other 2 WZ's.

Edited by Grometsc

Look at WOW Beta 2003/2004. No other game had things that WOW was coming out with (it was new/refreshing). Mounts....FREAKING sweet, though I would later miss the "speed classes"! No other game had mounts, they all had "points" you traveled to, DAOC was doing something different at its time with speed classes/caster speed to assist in moving around, but not free roaming mounts. Once the idea came out, it was demanded in daoc and later added (I think DR in 2005). Games SHOULD not step back in technology and what is provided...They should move forward, unfortunately the latest games have rarely done something "new", and they even lack in items compared to new content. The only thing I find "great" in this game is Voidstar, its one of the best "instanced" pvp zones (I actually dont like the idea of instance zones...but I give Void an A-).....A PVP instanced /BG where the OBJECT is to kill other players while other players attempt to take something..not a stand on a node game, someone finally got it, but I figured Void is a complete mistake on Bio, when looking at the other 2 WZ's.

What is this "step back" you mentioned?

No addons? That is good.

LFG? Destroys communities and makes TOR a lobby game like WoW is today.

Please explain this step back.

What is really coming in 1.2? There really isnt anything game saving.

UI customization...something being demaded for over a year in beta.

Wait, that's completely disingenuous. Thread after thread after thread have stated that the UI is what caused them to hate the game, quit, unsub, etc.

So apparently YES, the UI change is a game saving change.

Aint about full patches, its about incremental fixes as a whole. Why wait to put in a bunch when you can do a few NOW ? And rushed? rushed?

After as much development as this game had, right now we should be seeing the polishing / forgotten items phase, not the developmental phase of things they should have seen coming. I want the polish patches, not the extra content / developmental crap.

Fix the bugs - incrementally if need be but NOW, not in a patch in another month.

Oh yeah, those bug fixes? Getting credit for quests you've actually completed? UI customization? Sorry, I'm sure the dev team is busy right now, hunched over their systems crunching numbers and compulsively looking for another game mechanic that operates fine to "balance."

Good luck on that Ilum and WZ credit though, keep on knockin.

List of SWTOR inventions:

Amazing story line per class that allows you to change it slightly based on options

Light/Dark sided (not much bonus atm)

Companions for everyone with their own unique story line and gear

Hands free crafting

Personal spaceships

Space missions

Social points

Complete voice acting

Legacy system

And i'm sure there are more. Are all of these things finished? No, not yet. WoW didnt start with bgs in the game or flying mounts, etc. You might not like all of these things either. Fact is, they are inventing new ideas. When you make a game that follows an already strict path, it is hard to find new ideas to create especially when everyone is whining for old ideas from other games.

Now you can stand around in ORG and pug for raids, pretty cool huh? That game has the most content of any MMO yet most people never have to leave the big cities. It's stupid now.

Now you can stand around in ORG and pug for raids, pretty cool huh? That game has the most content of any MMO yet most people never have to leave the big cities. It's stupid now.

To be fair, you can stand in fleet and pug raids. You just have to type /1 first.

List of SWTOR inventions:

Storylines are inventive but it's a stretch to call them amazing. LS/DS, Spaceships, Space Combat, Social Points are all nothing but gimmicks and add no new mechanics whatsoever.

EQ2 was the first to have complete voice acting. The Legacy System is nothing but Alternative Advancement, which even EQ1 had.

Storylines are inventive but it's a stretch to call them amazing. LS/DS, Spaceships, Space Combat, Social Points are all nothing but gimmicks and add no new mechanics whatsoever.

EQ2 was the first to have complete voice acting. The Legacy System is nothing but Alternative Advancement, which even EQ1 had.

How did EQ2 do with the fans?

I thought my SW story was amazing.

Gimmicks?

Just stop trying.

What is this "step back" you mentioned?

No addons? That is good.

LFG? Destroys communities and makes TOR a lobby game like WoW is today.

Please explain this step back.

And yet most are stuck in the lobby (Imperial Fleet) most of the time they are playing ToR, at <15 FPS. With nothing to do except grind the odd WZ because finding a group is a joke..Oh and then not getting credit for their win.

You were saying?