Patch 1.2 may be to late.

Miyeko

It is 5:15 pm EST time on a Saturday. Not prime time. There are currently 6 Heavy Servers running right now. Most are at Standard, more than a few are light.

SKY IS FALLING!!11!! NO HEAVY SERVERS EVAR! That was a lie.

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im a customer, and I must say that the 1.2 patch might be to late for me =/

If you already think it is to late then you have already made up your mind that what is scheduled to be in that patch holds little interest to you so releasing it sooner would not hold you to the game very long anyway.

If you already think it is to late then you have already made up your mind that what is scheduled to be in that patch holds little interest to you so releasing it sooner would not hold you to the game very long anyway.

Why would you pay for an extra month before the patch you care about anyway?

Aint about full patches, its about incremental fixes as a whole. Why wait to put in a bunch when you can do a few NOW ? And rushed? rushed?

After as much development as this game had, right now we should be seeing the polishing / forgotten items phase, not the developmental phase of things they should have seen coming. I want the polish patches, not the extra content / developmental crap.

Fix the bugs - incrementally if need be but NOW, not in a patch in another month.

Seems you doesn't know the nature of rushed patches.

If a patch is rushed, it will usually cause more problems than it solves. There are too many games that has sufferd rushed patches in the past, it won't magically change with time.

If people would spend less time being forum warriors and more time playing the game with their eyes open they might find something they truly enjoy in the game instead of nitpicking every little thing.

That is me being constructive about the whole process. I'm excited for 1.2 and I'm happy with the way bioware is handling their minipatches and fixing things it may not be everything all at once but they're doing it right in my book compared to other games I've played in the past this is a far better response from a company IMO.

Indeed it's too late and from the patch notes it seems they just are going to add more of the same instead of adding basic features important to immersion (which is absent at this moment). I was in a guild with coworkers (more than 80 members) and now I don't know a single IRL person that still plays. Edited by Dreossk

They are not listening to the players like they claim.

If you do not say what they want your post is deleted.

Customer service is a joke. And when you post something trying to assist with issues (Such as a way to fix the issue) they ignore or delete it.

1.2 will not come with a new customer service , so hell yeah its too late!!

Edited by DeathDRH

Too late for what?

Seriously, its sad to see customers trying to blackmail Bioware, especially when the threats are empty.

If you had the content patch now you would be QQing about something else. Never happy, never satisfied.

Personally i HOPE they take their time with this pach and dont rush it. I would rather have a more stable patch than one that can create problems. We have lots of bugs still, and the game needsmore testing so it can be optimized and become stable for the periodic content updates.

The patch will come out in march and this demanding campaign does not help anyone. Maybe you prefer WoW and its 6+ months between patches? Gives you months to do absolutely nothing. Try to think a bit before you QQ. You will see you will come to better answers.

Edited by Nemmar

Sorry, say what you want but Blizzard is on another planet.

but blizz had a slower start then bw, now they have 7 years of exp, again blizz had MC (first raid) in patch 1.5, thats about 6 months after wow's relaese, but i understand, ppl want this (new) game to b at the pace that polished games are, (relaese new content common/omg do more tests on the things you release, they have bugs), they just cant win. :rolleyes:

If people aren't sure about wanting to play at the end of their two month sub, then chances are they shouldn't be resubbing anyways, regardless of when patch 1.2 comes out.

If you're on the fence about the game, the patch will revitalize your interest for a few days before you're right back on the fence.

This is true, and worth quoting.

but i understand, ppl want this (new) game to b at the pace that polished games are, (relaese new content common/omg do more tests on the things you release, they have bugs), they just cant win.
This game has been in development for six years; what did they do, design it on the weekends only? And how did they fail entirely to review the genre and assess what works and what doesn't? Why is there an amateurish level of design intent? It reminds me of Civ5, and its inexperienced lead developer. Edited by Ansultares

My sub ends in 30 days (yep I missed to cancel my sub yesterday) and I am not renewing.

I don't care that there are things missing or still broken in the game, I am quitting because BW keeps us in the dark which means they really have no idea when or if at all things that should have been fixed months will be fixed.

This is not a service that I expect from a developer of a mmo.

Having random responses like "We are aware of the issue and working hard to get it fixed but have no ETA" are ********.

This is true, and worth quoting.

This game has been in development for six years; what did they do, design it on the weekends only? And how did they fail entirely to review the genre and assess what works and what doesn't? Why is there an amateurish level of design intent? It reminds me of Civ5, and its inexperienced lead developer.

well if you spends 6 years it was retolling Hero, core programming, Story boarding, Voice actors get on stoy baords,then having to check in with lucas to get some oks, while other started to program said stor/quest in after ok given. animations of chars and semi sync to voices.Build sample for EA higher up to show how it coming along, retool after sample run. polish graphics abit, add content, resample..repolish. open SWTOR website, Game goes alpha in house.

by time we get to it and do betas it bene tested on a small group of computer, now in closed betas hey start tog et datas on 1000s of computer and ahve to start the bug hunt. and with 1000s of computer there likely be 1000s of bugs .