Patch 1.2 may be to late.

Miyeko

So what OP rush out the patch then have it totally buggy. It is better to take more time and get it right than rush it.

Also not even been 3 months since the last major patch.

Fast patches are one thing that hurts rift. They did a major patch every 30 days and you could not get all your characters thru. Then it also removed the bonus quest so only alienated the fan base. That is one error. removing content, bioware does not make. Needs to be there as least a few years to let more enjoy it.

Edited by Romiz

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So what OP rush out the patch then have it totally buggy. It is better to take more time and get it right than rush it.

Also not even been 3 months since the last major patch.

this game has never HAD a major patch dude. And reading comprehension is your friend. I say if you have FIXED THIS PARTICULAR BUG (whatever it may be) put it in the Tuesday patch NOW, not later - if you have fixed this particular feature , again next patch day. If you have fixed this ONE PART OF THE UI, hey add it in Tuesday.

This way if ONE THING breaks something else, hey you know what it is, and its fixable , not a 'holy crap what did what to what when where why" fest that USUALLY happens after a MAJOR content patch.

BW really needs to start incrementally adding in patch 1.2 and soon, or they may find themselves a bit short on players - many people did like myself, and bought a two month card to play, and it will run out.. way before the last of March and early April.

That being said, if theres no change by then, I am not about to put another two months cash while I wait - a wait that may or may not be broken by finding another game entirely. Others I am sure feel the same.

An incremental output would at least show they HAVE stuff completed, it wont interfere with anyones playtime - heck every Tuesday patch eh? It would also lower the amount of *surprise* "patches to fix the patch" that happens to every game with a major update.

Let's have a constructive discussion about this.

constructively - you have no real clue about server population, how many people are like you, how many people will or will not renew their subs.

For everyone person like you who says this there is one who has the opposite opinion of the game and will renew their subs. The question is if new subs/renewals are greater than lost subs. Your subjective opinion on this is irrelevant to the truth of the matter - which neither of us will know until first quarter EA numbers are released.

this game has never HAD a major patch dude. And reading comprehension is your friend. I say if you have FIXED THIS PARTICULAR BUG (whatever it may be) put it in the Tuesday patch NOW, not later - if you have fixed this particular feature , again next patch day. If you have fixed this ONE PART OF THE UI, hey add it in Tuesday.

This way if ONE THING breaks something else, hey you know what it is, and its fixable , not a 'holy crap what did what to what when where why" fest that USUALLY happens after a MAJOR content patch.

Oh so you missed 1.1. Yes that was a major patch for any MMO.

constructively - you have no real clue about server population, how many people are like you, how many people will or will not renew their subs.

For everyone person like you who says this there is one who has the opposite opinion of the game and will renew their subs. The question is if new subs/renewals are greater than lost subs. Your subjective opinion on this is irrelevant to the truth of the matter - which neither of us will know until first quarter EA numbers are released.

Point taken, and acknowledged , fair enough.

Oh so you missed 1.1. Yes that was a major patch for any MMO

1.1 was a major holy crap look at the garbage we released patch, and not exactly an upgrade / forward to anything eh?

BW really needs to start incrementally adding in patch 1.2 and soon, or they may find themselves a bit short on players - many people did like myself, and bought a two month card to play, and it will run out.. way before the last of March and early April.

That being said, if theres no change by then, I am not about to put another two months cash while I wait - a wait that may or may not be broken by finding another game entirely. Others I am sure feel the same.

An incremental output would at least show they HAVE stuff completed, it wont interfere with anyones playtime - heck every Tuesday patch eh? It would also lower the amount of *surprise* "patches to fix the patch" that happens to every game with a major update.

*looks at his calendar*

*reads 18 february (aka midfebruary)

*thinks about 1.2 release date on march*

*finds it hard to take you seriously when this is basically preemtive QQ two months early*

in all srsznes , you either sub back if its out , or you dont when your sub runs out, i dont understand the whole point of this thread other than telling the world that you may be quitting in 2 months time , nevermind the fact that its really of little or no importance to 99% of the people that could read this

Edited by LaVolpex

First major patch --> When the first free month ended

Second major patch --> When the 60 days expires

It's not casual they're acting like that.

Personally me and my guild already decided not to renew subscriptions. Sorry, say what you want but Blizzard is on another planet.

Personally me and my guild already decided not to renew subscriptions. Sorry, say what you want but Blizzard is on another planet.

Yep. The Panda Planet.

In all seriousness - that's the MMO model through and through, nothing different here from WOW ( or ANY other MMO) in regards to the timing of content releases. Every company times releases to try to retain the most amount of Subs, and/or to get those back for a month who had left.

I'm very glad there are games out there for others - more power to you. For ME though - I can't find that many Sci-Fi based MMOs to choose from.

it then becomes a question of are you willing to pay 50 cents a day to play the SAME content you have been playing for the past 12 months , or spend 50 cents a day to see new, or relativley new content even if its not on the same par with the other content from your point of view?

now i dont know about you, but i have had i with night elfs, orcs, taurens, totems and flying mounts etc etc etc to last me a friggin life time

i have seen ragnaros enough times to make me wanna puke if i ever hear the words "Too soon" again , i certainly DO NOT want to farm him again 20 more G'dam times in firelands

to each its own, but to me it seems you are saying "i quit! " and not giving the game a real chance out of spite or principle more than actual thought on what you are getting for your buck...

simply put, the question you dont seem to be asking yourself is "Am i getting enough entertainment to be worth 50 cents a day to me? "

to me that answer is yes, i am entertaining myself enough that its worth the 50 cents a day to me, heck, id keep a sub to wow too if it didnt literally give me headaches and induce nausea on me , and no i wasnt a basement dweller but after 6 or 7 years and 3 expansions it was eventuallly gonna tire me and it honeslty doesnt entertain me anymore..

anyways, i hope you understand what i am trying to say and dont take it as a mud flinging attempt on my part

Bioware Knows this how? By all the mmos they have made? Dont think so

Uh, I dunno...logic? How many times do you think the average WoW player has re-subscribed post cancellation? That's the great thing about MMO's. You pay a $60 fee to purchase the initial game and then, *gasp*, you can cancel and come back at any time to play whatever the company has added since you quit for a mere $15! It's not rocket science. If you build it, they will come.

it then becomes a question of are you willing to pay 50 cents a day to play the SAME content you have been playing for the past 12 months , or spend 50 cents a day to see new, or relativley new content even if its not on the same par with the other content from your point of view?

now i dont know about you, but i have had i with night elfs, orcs, taurens, totems and flying mounts etc etc etc to last me a friggin life time

i have seen ragnaros enough times to make me wanna puke if i ever hear the words "Too soon" again , i certainly DO NOT want to farm him again 20 more G'dam times in firelands

to each its own, but to me it seems you are saying "i quit! " and not giving the game a real chance out of spite or principle more than actual thought on what you are getting for your buck...

simply put, the question you dont seem to be asking yourself is "Am i getting enough entertainment to be worth 50 cents a day to me? "

to me that answer is yes, i am entertaining myself enough that its worth the 50 cents a day to me, heck, id keep a sub to wow too if it didnt literally give me headaches and induce nausea on me , and no i wasnt a basement dweller but after 6 or 7 years and 3 expansions it was eventuallly gonna tire me and it honeslty doesnt entertain me anymore..

anyways, i hope you understand what i am trying to say and dont take it as a mud flinging attempt on my part

I understand your point. To be honest I'm not paying more SWTOR but not even WoW.

On the other side, except the panda nasty stuff, I still think that Blizzard policy is on another planet.

I'm not an hater and not a fanboy, they're not paying me so they can even fail..i'm just expressing my personal opinion.

I can't tolerate this lack of professionality (sorry for my bad english, not my main language ;) ) ..I can't tolerate they make patches and changes only when subs ends..just to try to catch up some more player.

I can't tolerate they will give us guild bank as a NEW FEATURE "WE'RE WORKING FOR YOU!" ..when it's an obvious feature.

I can't tolerate they'll give me dual spec as a NEW FEATURE "YOU SEE? NOT ONLY GBANK BUT DUAL SPEC TOO!!!!!"...when it's something obvious too.

I just think that actually MMOS and SH's are kidding players, that's all.

And still I think Blizzard is superior, for experience and for online results.

Just my two cents.

The thing is that they have already fixed various things and are still doing that.

You want a constructive discussion, but when I look through your comments in this thread, you're the one who is mostly not being constructive. Perhaps not on purpose, but for me it simply sounds like you are saying basically this: They haven't fixed what I want yet, so I am upset.

And then you hide behind other comments. The truth is that even though this game does still need a lot of polish, you simply say they are doing nothing because it's not yet what you want to see.

If you cannot enjoy the game for what it is, then ok. That sucks for you perhaps but then it's time for you to take a break. But to say that they are doing nothing and want them to do something as an ultimatum is just childish in my view.

Patch 1.2 is coming within the next week or two probably. If you can't wait that long, oh well. Patience is a virtue as they say and it may be that you've run out, but the bottom line is simple: can you enjoy the game for what it is or not?

I can't tolerate they will give us guild bank as a NEW FEATURE "WE'RE WORKING FOR YOU!" ..when it's an obvious feature.

I can't tolerate they'll give me dual spec as a NEW FEATURE "YOU SEE? NOT ONLY GBANK BUT DUAL SPEC TOO!!!!!"...when it's something obvious too.

I just think that actually MMOS and SH's are kidding players, that's all.

And still I think Blizzard is superior, for experience and for online results.

Just my two cents.

Are you serious? wow didnt have a guild bank for YEARS and dual spec they didn't have for YEARS!... SWTOR has been out 2 MONTHS and we are geting those features in MONTHS not YEARS.... some people really need to look at a VANILLA stand point and not after a 7 year development to compare.. BYE.. u won't be missed with an attitude like that!

Are you serious? wow didnt have a guild bank for YEARS and dual spec they didn't have for YEARS!... SWTOR has been out 2 MONTHS and we are geting those features in MONTHS not YEARS.... some people really need to look at a VANILLA stand point and not after a 7 year development to compare.. BYE.. u won't be missed with an attitude like that!

THIS IS NOT VANILLA TIME! I DON'T HAVE TO CREATE WHEEL AGAIN EACH TIME!

Are you able to understand this?

Are you able to understand that i'm tired of ALL the sh's being not professional and not only your holy grail BIOWARE?

My point though was that without some show of good faith a LOT of people who leave.. well they aint coming back. Not just me , as I would check in now and again, but for a LOT of people, once done, done. And that would kill this game in infancy fairly well.

Would like to see a prospectus on how many active subs they NEED to survive, but doubt that will ever come out. And the random numbers people toss out dont help - if a small base was enough Tabula Rasa would still be online :p

If Warhammer can survive being down to 1 US server then this game will continue on for quite some time.

They have been putting out weekly patches and have planned for a major update with 1.2 sometime in March. This is pretty much inline with most other MMOs on how they handled things.

I to would rather they continue with the weekly patches and maybe have a quarterly major update. This gives them time for fix and add more major things without being rushed. The weekly patches are good for bug fixes and small adjustments.

Now as to those who are on the fence, like others have said, if they hang on for the 1.2 update then after a few days they will get tired of it and still quit.

If I was the developers, I would wait until after the big 2 month renewal passes before putting out 1.2. What would you rather have x amount of people leave before the update or have a bunch of people stay, decide they really didnt like the update and then start throwing a fit because they had just re-subbed.

Yeah they bring down the servers 2,3,4 times a week so they can take break and play craps for 4 - 8 hours. :rolleyes:

THIS IS NOT VANILLA TIME! I DON'T HAVE TO CREATE WHEEL AGAIN EACH TIME!

Are you able to understand this?

Are you able to understand that i'm tired of ALL the sh's being not professional and not only your holy grail BIOWARE?

are u able to understand that being rude, QQ'ing and throwing a tantrum is not going to fix the issues you have with this game...

there's no need to get testy.. but comparing 2 months of swtor to 7 years of wow is a little impatient, talk about instant gratification. let me make this easy for you:

WoW = 7 years old.

TOR = 2 months old.

As far as I can see your getting a LOT more in SWTOR in the early days (which is vanilla btw so yes I can compare) to what WoW had to offer in its first few months.

Comparing wheels does not come into this im afraid, we do not live in the stone age anymore...

Perhaps this game is just not for you, ever thought of that? Perhaps going back to your treasured wow might be the best option here rather than QQ'ing in the TOR forums?

I rather patches be done properly, than rushed.

Just don't buy or input another two month card. When patch 1.2 gets implemented you can always input or buy a two month card if you are satisfied with what you see with the new patch.

Edited by Knockerz