Patch 1.2 may be to late.

Miyeko

My point though was that without some show of good faith a LOT of people who leave.. well they aint coming back. Not just me , as I would check in now and again, but for a LOT of people, once done, done. And that would kill this game in infancy fairly well.

Would like to see a prospectus on how many active subs they NEED to survive, but doubt that will ever come out. And the random numbers people toss out dont help - if a small base was enough Tabula Rasa would still be online :p

There's less than 2 weeks before March...and they've not even put this on the PTS yet...Impatience has always lead to major disasters in MMOS. And this is NOT a patch its a content addition which means its a major Version Change of the game. You can't simply mix that into the current version. Its disasterous behavior to do that, I work with people with your sort of mentality and guess what they make us look like completely *******es infront of clients when they go to show updates to our software.

Funny how most of the rage/impatient quitters were likely not even the intended playerbase for this game. Even better is they'r ethe same people who like rage quit EQ2 and WoW and keep going back to both. Or they just enjoy EvE where raging and crying and attacking space stations not meant to be destroyed usually get them the attention they think they deserve and need. BTW go back to EVE i need some new drama to read about and watch on youtube.

Edited by Kindara

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's nothing there for you to argue about at all. I was just informing you that there are people with standards that enjoys the hell out of this game aswell... So why go there at all?

Actually, by implying you have standards, and by innuendo implying others who disagree with you do not, you were making an ad hominem attack on people you disagree with. ;)

Exactly, these days a game has 2 months to keep me. If they fail, I never look back. This is one of those games that failed to keep me. If people would take the fanboi glasses off they could see this abysmal mess of a game for what it is, Crap. I'm extremely disappointed that this is the quality of game BW gave us, I really expected more from them. They were sloppy and lazy and it shows everywhere in the game.

Mediocrity is ok with BW fanbois I suppose.

And what MMO do you play?

I think the complainers should all just un-sub and stop posting.

In this thread you can say I am defending SWToR but I have made some other posts where I say some mean things about the developers.

I think that what you mean to say is "nothing is going to satisfy you than stop wasting time and move on". I would like to believe that some could be satisfied. Some cite other titles that aren't public. To be honest I don't think those titles will satisfy those people either.

They will be forever in search of a game.

Are you serious? wow didnt have a guild bank for YEARS and dual spec they didn't have for YEARS!... SWTOR has been out 2 MONTHS and we are geting those features in MONTHS not YEARS.... some people really need to look at a VANILLA stand point and not after a 7 year development to compare.. BYE.. u won't be missed with an attitude like that!

So what? That's the point, It's been discovered that GUILD BANKS are necessities, so why wasn't it available at launch? This is 2012, your Competition has these things already. You can't come out with a new game, lacking what your competition already has going for it.

Would you buy a new car today, without power steering, air conditioning? Better yet, would you buy it with an 8-Track player, and the dealer telling you, soon we'll have a cd player ready for it and will install that for you. And all the other brands have IPOD connections and bluetooth.

That is the issue, here. Why is so much of the "current" basics missing?

So what? That's the point, It's been discovered that GUILD BANKS are necessities, so why wasn't it available at launch? This is 2012, your Competition has these things already. You can't come out with a new game, lacking what your competition already has going for it.

Would you buy a new car today, without power steering, air conditioning? Better yet, would you buy it with an 8-Track player, and the dealer telling you, soon we'll have a cd player ready for it and will install that for you. And all the other brands have IPOD connections and bluetooth.

And when your new car has recalls, do you flame them?

I think the complainers should all just un-sub and stop posting.

It's an interesting phenomena, actually some form or neurotic disorder IMO, that people who complain about a game and are not happy with it's design will not just go play something they enjoy rather then stick around here and complain complain complain.

I think they are actually just butthurt that they had poor judgement to purchase a game that clerarly is desiged around parameters they do not respect or enjoy. They fooled themselves, but cannot take responsibility for this and so they must try their hardest to publicly blame the game producer for anything and everything.

People, play what you enjoy, leave those who enjoy this game to... ooooh... enjoy it perhaps. It's not like you are going to convince anyone who is enjoying this game to QQ and/or quit because you did. But we also are not going to let you puke and deficate all over these forums with your dislike unopposed. It's our forum, you are actually just passing though on your way to rant in the next game forum of the next game you fooled yourself into believing/demanding it be what you want rather then what they designed. :D

well the CD player not bug me, i hate ipods,never owned one, tried a freinds hate it formating and controls plus limitations. and i ahve no bluetooht items so again not a lost.

could it be they working on a guild bank set up, wanted to wait till guilds bene in awhile, seen if they really watned banks and now rolling one out to meet the demand and hopefully it not be bugy, havea decent UI and all that ?

BW really needs to start incrementally adding in patch 1.2 and soon, or they may find themselves a bit short on players - many people did like myself, and bought a two month card to play, and it will run out.. way before the last of March and early April.

That being said, if theres no change by then, I am not about to put another two months cash while I wait - a wait that may or may not be broken by finding another game entirely. Others I am sure feel the same.

An incremental output would at least show they HAVE stuff completed, it wont interfere with anyones playtime - heck every Tuesday patch eh? It would also lower the amount of *surprise* "patches to fix the patch" that happens to every game with a major update.

Let's have a constructive discussion about this.

As others in this thread have mentioned, I really doubt patch 1.2 is going to be enough to keep you happy. The entire tenor of your post suggests 1.2 is really not going to cut it for you, so Bioware might as well take their time and get it right.

That said, I do agree there are probably a few things Bioware could fix now, and I do wish they would.

One thing to remember, though, is that it's OK (really!) to unsub from a game and then come back to it later. I do that all the time in Rift and WoW. (Although how I could go back to either of those games now, after playing SWTOR, I'm not sure.) Anyways, threats to cancel your sub are, well, just a bit silly, imo. Players threatening to cancel unless their demands are met right away probably *should* cancel cause you're taking yourselves (and your demands) way too seriously.

As for me, I'm like a kid in a candy store in this game. It just has so much to keep me happily playing and subscribing. I'm content to wait.

And when your new car has recalls, do you flame them?

No you take your can in to get fixed or get a new one, also you get a loaner car if it takes a while to fix the recalled part.

In SWTOR we are paying to fix the recall.

^^ this is the type of intelligence required to enjoy TOR.

hey after play in OU,eq to now in mmo's i figure it best to takes each gaem as it own thing and stop comairing them other wise teh enwer games always have last to do then later games.

i do currently enjoy SWTOR it works, but does need some polish. the polishing will come in time and the game will become more fun and enjoyable.

Actually yes...over the phone.

Are you telling me that if your car gets recalled you dont complain to someone about it?

haha, companies LOVE people like you.

This is the SWTOR car company and they want to add that CD player "soon" but currently they would rather fix parts of the crappy job they did with the paint. Doesn't matter that the engine is horrible and outdated because they don't have an ETA on that. And who cares if the car looks like crap, everyone loved the year 2000, in fact they think it had great car models so they are bringing it back. Maybe they will look into the design after that new GW2 or TERA car company launches. It couldn't possibly ever be too late...

i like to think SWTOR as a house. surrently we got a door, 4 walls and a roof, and a totaly open floor plan. how we adds somes paint(small patches) some interor walls. (major patches) maybe add a car part and stoarage, a pool and some additions(content patches)

one day we start to see a pretty nice house and can't wait to see what else done to it.

At least you claim to have cancelled your sub.

:)

? I have cannceled my sub. It runs out i think on the 23-27th.

If any mod would want to double check if I cancelled my account and let everyone know if I did or not feel free to. I give you all the rights you need to say if my account has been cancelled or not and when my last day is.

this is what i get

You have 7 days of play time remaining. When your play time runs out, you will no longer be able to play. Please sign up for a recurring subscription plan or redeem a Game Time Code.

Show your payment history

To extend your play time, you can also redeem a Game Time Code. Game Time Code

Edited by Emeda

Congrats, neither of us are talking about you. Thank you for your post, was very...in context and informative.

You were referencing everyone in general which would include me. Otherwise, learn how to reference people better.