Patch 1.2 may be to late.

Miyeko

I was considering stopping to play until perhaps some bugs are fixed. It it gets to a point that I cannot enjoy the game because of all the bugs, then I'll stop and wait. I would probably come back. Right now, there's enough things for me to do and explore, and I generally like PvP (pre-level-50) on certain classes.

I might be diff category, as I'm dabbler and casual player. I don't yet have a level 50 (I know very sad, but he's almost level 47) and several level 25-30s somethings.

One thing I like about this than other MMOs (ok just WoW), is I don't have to farm hellacious amount of things to get some reputation for some upgrade that is ultimately worthless. There's plenty of incremental upgrade opportunities to improve your character.

I just hope the bugs are fixed, and fixed soon, like not being able to abandoned quests, or even worse, tab-targeting, which selects another group far away instead of the mob (or PC w/ huttball) standing right in front of you. There's also a lot of Warzone bugs for those with low-res and long load screens.

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly the same situation - 2 months time card and game expire right before 1.2 + I'm not going to resubscribe because the game is nowhere near "interesting" term after first 1.5 months + frankly I don't believe Bioware is capable to deliver anything really interesting before my (top5 EU) server will be completely deserted.

Bioware really shouldn't delay game updates to imaginable deadlines and instead of massive patch there should be monthly updates. Like ranked warzones in February, new planet in March, legacy in April. And somehow I'm sure

1) not all promised 1.2 features will be available at 1.2 start and

2) there will be huge amount of bugs and exploits which won't be fixed for months.

Edited by Pashgan

I was considering stopping to play until perhaps some bugs are fixed. It it gets to a point that I cannot enjoy the game because of all the bugs, then I'll stop and wait.

There are barely enough bugs to even notice, let alone interupt the game. However, listening to some of the complaints on this board one would believe that simply turning the game on will break up their family and burn their house down.

If you don't like the game now, you will not like it no matter what they do. No matter what, you will seek out and find something to make you unhappy, and to complain about on the boards.

If $15.00 (price of a pizza and a beer) is that critical to you, you probably should not be wasting time and money on a video game anyway. Maybe a second job or education?

Point is that I'm seeing no valid argument here regarding the game. It launched well and is progressing well (as MMORPGs do). If one would just stop and read the dev blogs prior to posting, half these posts would not exist because everything people are complaining about is being addressed and will be implimented. Most of the "end game" complaints are comming from people that outraced the game. That is not the game's fault either.

Exactly the same situation - 2 months time card and game expire right before 1.2 + I'm not going to resubscribe because the game is nowhere near "interesting" term after first 1.5 months + frankly I don't believe Bioware is capable to deliver anything really interesting before my (top5 EU) server will be completely deserted.

Bioware really shouldn't delay game updates to imaginable deadlines and instead of massive patch there should be monthly updates. Like ranked warzones in February, new planet in March, legacy in April. And somehow I'm sure

1) not all promised 1.2 features will be available at 1.2 start and

2) there will be huge amount of bugs and exploits which won't be fixed for months.

Case in point....

And for all those clowns who are going on about GW2, The Secret World, and Diablo 3... I've beta'd (and in 1 case still beta'ing) 2 of those games. At the current stage they are in you are going to be VERY disapointed. Especially if you think the content they offer is going to be more vast than this and bug free.

Screenshots, video clips etc only show you the parts of the game they want to show off. When you actually start moving around and playing you see the horrors lurking behind the scenes.

Enjoy

Won't touch Secret World even if they paid me, it's Funcom: enough said.

All D3 has to do is provide the same type of action and lootfest of previous titles with better graphics: that is good enough for me. Still play D2 LoD to this very day....spambot, palibot, cheatfest yet it's still awsome. 10 years off and on play, that's a long time. Each their own. Mmmm loots, me loves loots. Brb, making another hell mode boss kill run in D2. RD soon, I hope. :D

GW2: they are aiming to break the genre and mix up it up. Action combat with emphasis on movement, timing, and well...real skill. Gear won't be huge factor like say in this game when determining PvP out comes, builds and HOW you play will. I will concede that the PvE might very well be lackluster compared to the typical raid/trinity models but it could be cool...however, I don't think the PvE raid fans will enjoy it as much. Rifts zone events were dang fun in example, only problem is after first couple dozen times it's boring. This may or may not work in GW2. I think TOR will still be king in the story delivery but we all know once at 50, that is gone entirely. So I dunno.

Anyways, go to all the major sites who got into the press beta event and frankly I could not find one that actually hated the game or had major beefs with it. Most out right loved it and majority of them say things like "innovative" and "why didnt anyone else think of this" type comments, on other side same cannot be said for TOR during it's betas; "if you played WoW, this game will be very familiar!". And so it was.

Lastly I got to watch a friend play GW2 and I must say I am really impressed. So it's not all based off vids and pics, granted if you look around there is some really good vids out there show casing the game. Awsome PvP, W v W v W (world pvpers dream come true!), and a huge open world with very few 'instances'. Plus the questing system might revolutionize the genre. And all this, yes....all this for just paying for the box; no subs at all. Regardless if it's a good MMO or not, it's cheap as heck. You can still play X MMO and GW2. Win win. As to which one you will play as your main game, well that will have to wait for now until a RD is announced (soon pls!).

Anyrate, I will admit I am still skeptical of GW2: honestly it's just too good to be true. I mean how the heck can they provide such a beautiful and expansive game for essentially free. Boggles my mind! But as said, pay for box then that's it and not 15 bucks a month praying for the Jesus Patch 1.2 to save the day.

edit. may think I am BW hater but I really am not. Every single one of their single player games; I enjoyed them immensely. No game dev out there comes close to their story telling, none. I will infact be buying ME3 this week. Thing is, I think BW should stick to SP games (or mplayer light ala ME3 co-op) exclusively instead which is what they are good at. Essentially, every time I log into TOR....the very first thing that comes to my mind is: where did that 200+ mill of development actually go? Wasn't into the engine, that's for sure.

Edited by fixit

There are barely enough bugs to even notice, let alone interupt the game. However, listening to some of the complaints on this board one would believe that simply turning the game on will break up their family and burn their house down.

Most of the "end game" complaints are comming from people that outraced the game. That is not the game's fault either.

Quite a jump there dont you think? Or is it that you need the ridicule to put such a blatant joke in a forum board? It has been proven over and over, theres no need to spacebar through quests to be at lvl cap in 5 days /played. Barely enough bugs to notice, Id love to have that client version you have, somehow it does not sound like the game I and many others play.

Not counting Rise of the Rhakghouls since most of us were too low level for it to feel like 'new' content, they've already announced a new OP, FP and Warzone for patch 1.2. In addition to more quality of life fixes than I can count.

As for patch 1.2 being 'too late', the million+ still playing would probably disagree.

And unless you are in a guild or on a high population server, most of us will never see a lot of end game content simple because of lack of people to group with.

On Kathol Rift, at what should be prime time, I never see more than 2-30 people on any more.

When I check the server listings, I never see servers with a population of higher than Standard anymore. More than 1/2 seem to be rated Low.

Quite a jump there dont you think? Or is it that you need the ridicule to put such a blatant joke in a forum board? It has been proven over and over, theres no need to spacebar through quests to be at lvl cap in 5 days /played. Barely enough bugs to notice, Id love to have that client version you have, somehow it does not sound like the game I and many others play.

If I play for more than 3 hours at a time I either end up with a CTD or a BSOD. When I try to log out of the game after being in the game that long, it can take 4-8 minutes for the game to close down, if it doesn't crash my system. I never had this issues wit World of Warcraft, RIFT, Aion, Age of Conan, or any of the other MMO's I've played.

Edited by Mergon